Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos (81617 Views)

Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody / Mad Woman Killed By Ritualists In Ondo, Breasts And Eyes Removed. Graphic Photo / A Prison In Norway Is Just Like Your Lekki Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by dabossman(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2016
Nedsnow:

If you read my post very well, i said "some bosses." I was neither saying the woman in question deserve to die or what the steward did was right.
Apart from that, my contribution was neither based on the financial status u referred to or the effect of the economy on the so called bosses. My contribution to the trend was based on the poor relationship the bosses have with their employees. Most of them consider their employees as slaves, treat them non-nonchalantly and also treat them as people who deserve no type of respect at all.

Now let's go back to the financial part. Let me make something very clear to you. The effect this recession has on the rich is not the same as the poor. Let's ask ourselves. How much are these rich dudes paying their employees in the first place? What they pay them is not a reasonable amount for them to have fun with their friends in a sitting. So tell me brother. How bad can anything financially be for this bosses that won't allow them to pay this guys whose family can't survive without them.

Am not saying what the steward did was right. We all know its absolutely wrong. But still, frustration can make a man do the unbelievable.

You obviously haven't been up close and personal with a "rich" person going through hard times. I know someone personal who stays in Chevron Estate living a good life until a government policy crashed his business. Within months he was unable to pay his kids school fees. To even buy groceries to feed was becoming a challenge, not to talk of paying domestic staff. You fail to realize that some of the "rich" people you see around are only living from one big paycheck to another. Any small shaking in their source of income and they come crashing down quicker than you think. Now who do you think feels a crash more? The man who is on the ground floor,or the one high upon the 20th floor. Don't make such assumptions bro.

That said, no matter how wicked some bosses may be, if you can't take their crap anymore, walk. No amount of frustration should lead you to murder someone else. I, like you have been owed my salary before fore months, but if we all go about killing everyone who frustrates us who will be left. Besides, there is a case in point on this thread and we don't know the full details of the case. Making such a comment and giving a caveat like you did gives an impression that it's okay to kill a wicked boss because of ill-treatment. It is not. If you can't take it anymore,quit and find a more civil way to get your money.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by dabossman(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Shut up your mouth. The guy was trying to help you be a good opinion analyzer. You don't take one side of an opinion. You weigh the both side.

Both actions wrong. Why do we echo it? To prevent this kind of rubbish next time. People like you are the reason evil strive. You shield the initial evil and project the reactive evil.

Go dust your brain. Those who has no brain like you should know that the reaction they will get tomorrow is being born by the action they are giving to others today and should not come here to seek for our sympathy when it happen. I for one will shoot it point blank where the truth will hurt.

You sound like someone who has never done another person wrong before. You've never broken a girl's heart before? Never offended a friend or family member before? Never annoyed a total stranger before? Never annoyed a conductor before by offering him 1k for a N100 bus ride, or drove roughly in your car thereby offending a fellow road user? Now if the "reactive evil" from anyone of them was to pull a knife out and stab you to death,would you be here today? What makes each of us angry is different one from the other, for the steward it was his salary and the attendant hardship he may have experienced. What do you think you will do that will make another man stab you to death. I pray you live long enough never to find out.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by ibecky: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2016
How do you know he was owing her money? Does "salary issue" always mean a person is owed? Anyways, from what I heard, the steward asked to be paid early this month. He was asked to wait till Friday, that he could not be paid when he requested. By the way, Friday is the 23rd of December. Does that qualify as him being owed salary? Did he sign a contract that he would be paid early in December because of Christmas? Is that enough reason to kill another human being?

So Mr. ElChappo, before you go insulting dead people and calling them 'wicked', get the facts.

Elchappo:
The op asked why would a human do this but you forget to ask why would a boss be so wicked not to pay his worker...

The money she used to buy make up nd sanitary for that month is more than that stewards salary yet u feel u can treat him anyhow...

I am not in support of the murder but sometimes we need to put up our thinking cap when dealing with people most especially those very close to us..

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2016
dabossman:

You sound like someone who has never done another person wrong before. You've never broken a girl's heart before? Never offended a friend or family member before? Never annoyed a total stranger before? Never annoyed a conductor before by offering him 1k for a N100 bus ride, or drove roughly in your car thereby offending a fellow road user? Now if the "reactive evil" from anyone of them was to pull a knife out and stab you to death,would you be here today? What makes each of us angry is different one from the other, for the steward it was his salary and the attendant hardship he may have experienced. What do you think you will do that will make another man stab you to death. I pray you live long enough never to find out.

The wrong was not justified but viewed from both side of the issue to help people prevent such mishap. But people are one sided in their reasoning.

There are levels of evil but the greatest is when mixed with a show of disregard. No matter what you do to people, never show them your action point to their present condition as despicable. If not, you have put yourself in danger.

We offend people everyday, how we act in that offense is a set up for a reaction. Many murderers will tell you they never intended doing what they did. Why then did they do it? Prevention is better than cure.

Every strong man has an army of defence. How you treat them determine the strength of your defence in time of trouble. Treat those under you well, they will defend you with their life. Treat them without regard, they will sell you or take you down.
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by Ups01(m): 11:04am On Dec 22, 2016
Elchappo:

Oga shut ur mouth...
i said i am not in support of the killing but sometimes people deserve what they get..

I have been owed by someone nd he promised paying but when i got angry about the pay, he told me point blank that there was no evidence of him owing me, tell me if i ve decided to take his live, wont he ve deserved it...

at the Bolded!

Do you have sense at all?

Just because of Salary?

haba, just pretend like you have sense

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by MadeInSpain: 11:23am On Dec 22, 2016
All off them na iptief
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by dabossman(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

The wrong was not justified but viewed from both side of the issue to help people prevent such mishap. But people are one sided in their reasoning.

There are levels of evil but the greatest is when mixed with a show of disregard. No matter what you do to people, never show them your action point to their present condition as despicable. If not, you have put yourself in danger.

We offend people everyday, how we act in that offense is a set up for a reaction. Many murderers will tell you they never intended doing what they did. Why then did they do it? Prevention is better than cure.

Every strong man has an army of defence. How you treat them determine the strength of your defence in time of trouble. Treat those under you well, they will defend you with their life. Treat them without regard, they will sell you or take you down.

And herein lies the problem.Everyone who has sublimely excused this dastardly act as done so on the premise that the steward may have been maltreated. Owing someone's salary does not automatically translate to being treated with disdain. I have been owed 3 months salary before, yet I continued working with all my heart because I understood business wasn't moving. We do not have the full details of this case, so let's not excuse a crime based on assumptions.

Plus there is a reason why we have laws and acceptable social conventions. They are to help us know what is right and what is wrong. And this is not a case of being one sided in reasoning. It's a clear case of right and wrong. Whatever your motives for a crime or the extenuating circumstances that led to it can never justify or excuse the crime committed. Not even a crime of passion is excusable. Or should we start reasoning when a 45 year old man rapes a 5 year old child that maybe it's because his wife has been starving him of sex?

As a society we must roundly condemn a crime. The psychoanalysis of the criminals mindset should not create the impression that the crime was committed in justifiable circumstances.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by florencepoko2: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2016
Whatever the conflict between him and his employer, he has no right to take her life, there is recourse through the legal way. If I start killing so-and-so because he did this or that, in what world will we live? End time sign. cry

3 Likes

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by Fash20: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
Elchappo:

nya nachi na ahu nna gi...

Odaran. Olori kpelebe. Dindirin.
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by quest003: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
browniex:
She bears a resemblance to one miss dayo adeleke that I worked for some 4 to 5 years back,she lived in Parkview estate, if she is the one,because looking at her heavily made up picture, i just can't seem to place her,but my instinct tells me she is the one,then she had it coming. RIP to her,I hope they apprehend the killer and justice is meted out.
she had it coming, REALLY? Well, we know little
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by seguno2: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
dabossman:
You obviously haven't been up close and personal with a "rich" person going through hard times. I know someone personal who stays in Chevron Estate living a good life until a government policy crashed his business. Within months he was unable to pay his kids school fees. To even buy groceries to feed was becoming a challenge, not to talk of paying domestic staff. You fail to realize that some of the "rich" people you see around are only living from one big paycheck to another. Any small shaking in their source of income and they come crashing down quicker than you think. Now who do you think feels a crash more? The man who is on the ground floor,or the one high upon the 20th floor. Don't make such assumptions bro.

That said, no matter how wicked some bosses may be, if you can't take their crap anymore, walk. No amount of frustration should lead you to murder someone else. I, like you have been owed my salary before fore months, but if we all go about killing everyone who frustrates us who will be left. Besides, there is a case in point on this thread and we don't know the full details of the case. Making such a comment and giving a caveat like you did gives an impression that it's okay to kill a wicked boss because of ill-treatment. It is not. If you can't take it anymore,quit and find a more civil way to get your money.

Perhaps the inadequacy of the "civil ways" to promptly and rightly deal with such painful deprivations.
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by dabossman(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
seguno2:

Perhaps the inadequacy of the "civil ways" to promptly and rightly deal with such painful deprivations.

Yes, we do know that there are a lot of inadequacies in our system to help such a person get remuneration that is rightfully his. However, taking a life is not the next option. Mind you, the woman is not the only life that might be lost here. Even the Cameroonian steward may end up loosing his life (death sentence or lifetime incarceration) if convicted of murder.

Now, is it worth it?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by kizyalex10(m): 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Some people might say d guy did d wrong tin,yes he might be wrong but I tell u,only if u have worked for a female boss.sometimes u loose ur sanity.infact murder will always be on ur mind.some or even most of them re devil incarnet.women I swear shouldn't be entrusted with power nd control(wealth inclusive)because they abuse them.no sane person will jst end her life without a purpose.its nt justified but when u hear the other man's story,u might even advice him to slaughter.some will owe u,deduct ur salary,do u all harm,not knowing that their life is in d hands of those domestic servant.if it's d cook,he might poison u,if it's the gate man,he might arrange for ur assasination,if he is d driver,he might end ur life through accident.nd d funniest part is that those people re not scared of the consequences even if they re caught after because they have nothing to loose.they re not scaredd to fall cos life itself have kept them grounded since.so they live with frustration.so any slight provocation can make them end it.because they feel they re nt at loss.but the boss,have everytin to loose
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by OKorowanta: 5:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Elchappo:
The op asked why would a human do this but you forget to ask why would a boss be so wicked not to pay his worker...

The money she used to buy make up nd sanitary for that month is more than that stewards salary yet u feel u can treat him anyhow...

I am not in support of the murder but sometimes we need to put up our thinking cap when dealing with people most especially those very close to us..

Well said but u cud still give both sides benefit of doubt since you've not heard wot transpired.its still possible the steward was wrong depending on wot d story is just like its posible also to hear d woman is guilty.wot if the steward wanted instant salary increment without prior notice becos he feels he deserves more for the chrismas and the argument dat ensued now led to dis?let's not draw conclusion.
Re: Woman Killed By Her Steward At Her Lekki Home In Lagos. Photos by yom2(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
Bionica:

Thankyou Madam for this input.

I was reading through the posts on this thread and it just revealed the sad picture of the reality of the general pattern of the general thought process of our citizenry.
The value we place on life is so tertiary that it is simply laughable. We are a people that trivialize every single thing.

I do not know the lady in question but just reading the post on her death indicated so many things that other posters have identified.

Something was so terribly wrong with the story. It is bereft of logic and stands intelligence on its head.

In other climes this would only constitute a cartoon or a very soft sell story.

There is a serious psychiatric epidemic in this country. That someone could justify murder on account of an unverified claim of debt is enough indication of our Mental state and psychological well being.

We really need to reappraise our cognitions.
Our very thoughts have such a significant impact on our activities and by extension our circumstances more than we have really cared to know.

Read the story again.

Check out the highlights and try not to conclude from your already prejudiced perspective. Imagine the possibility of this being one of those rushed conclusions by our lethargic and sloppy intelligence corp.

Just go back to the Instagram handle as referred, it may make a difference.

Again Viviangist, thanks for the fresh perspective and factual pointers your post brought.

May we always be permitted to understand that life is a sacred gift and must be treated as the opportunity that it is. No one, absolutely no one has the right to take it.

i hear u sir. Lets hope no one is pushed so hard agaisnst d wall cos in d proccess of a stampede they wount remember all this o. Above all lets be fair to one another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide / Nigerian Lady Caught With Cocaine In Her Vagina In India (Photo) / Bet9ja: Man Commits Suicide In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.