Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Hustlers Tale (campus Life) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hustlers Tale (campus Life) (53497 Views)

Dirty Hustlers / Campus Life / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by jnichole(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Gabbyraze:
Nursing is generic while physiology is specific... Already updated
Abeg elaborate more
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by jnichole(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
Gabbyraze:
first to arrive today Oya sekem
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by jnichole(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
Gabbyraze:
first to arrive today dancing sekem
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
jnichole:
first to arrive today dancing sekem
Confirm bros...happy Sunday
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
jnichole:
Abeg elaborate more
My small knowledge is that nursing,u do a little of everything while physiology has to do with the physical aspect of human. Google should tell you more sha
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by larabae13(f): 2:42am On Jan 24, 2017
Gabbbyraze why u pause na? embarassed

The mr henry should have given you guys little out of your money before going to onitsha naah
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 8:10am On Jan 24, 2017
larabae13:
Gabbbyraze why u pause na? embarassed

The mr henry should have given you guys little out of your money before going to onitsha naah
Sorry for the pause,been busy with work stuff,will hopefully update today. Thanks alot for looking out
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by collinometricx: 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gabbyraze:
Ashbee, yungtemy, creeza, Leigh, xaviercasmir, jnichole

?
u try oooo... U nor fit mention mhi
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
collinometricx:
u try oooo... U nor fit mention mhi
My boss,no vex for me...infact I go dedicate the next update to you as per say u b my oga at the top
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Dedicated to collinometricx and larabae13

By nature, am not a very punctual person and ever since we started that job, i always got to the hotel later than normal time, my friend Becky always complained about it but i always told her that, since people come from different locations, the time for arrival isn't always strictly adhered to.

Morning came, i showered and prepared for work, carried my customized shirt on my shoulder, and moved out. Just felt like taking bus instead of the usual bike, because i wanted to get there when most of the brouhaha would have died down, my mind was relaxed and that internal antennae that always alerted me was quiet. Got to the busstop(st Paul's university in amawbia), got down and started my long walk, which would take give or take, 30 mins. I took it slow, enjoying my rap songs through my headphones. Many of my co workers used bike and they all hollered greetings as their bike drove past, i chuckled when some exclaimed that "guy see as u dey stroll,na u get POCKETMONI", on i went, without bother.

When i got to the street where the hotel was located, i increased my pace because it seems like i was really running late, got close to the hotel and i saw Becky sitting in an abandoned shop,looking down, i paused my music and said hi, the she rose her head and said........ "Ken we are finished", i was like,what does that mean, Becky can be a bit dramatic and emotional about occurrences so it didn't immediately register what she was driving at, i then asked her to explain, to which she said, "Mr Henry don run".......... Goddamnit, i first swore, my heart begin boil, then Emma and kizo alighted from a bike and i quickly told them the news, kizo asked if i had entered the hotel, to which i said no and he suggested we go in to know what the actual issue is and to get a clearer picture.

We got in the hotel(me, kizo and Emma), i got the second shock, the buses were nowhere to be found!!!!!!! Choi, this man don play us sha, we then saw other members of the different teams, looking dejected and mumbling amongst themselves, we approached Bond and asked the 411, he claimed that a reliable source told him Mr Henry went out as early as 6am and when the source asked for his destination, Asaba was the answer. The source been a guy that works with us and lives in the vicinity of the hotel, Bond then said though he had put a call through to Mr Henry earlier in the morning and the background was extremely noisy to which Mr Henry had affirmed he had an appointment with a top brass of E tranzact in asaba and would be back before 11. The story don begin get sides and as more people converged, we began to think of the way forward. We asked the hotel receptionist if Mr Henry checked out of his room but she said no.

We tried calling and his lines were not reachable, some of us decided the deal was off while others (team leaders) tried to assure us it wasn't since he didn't check out, we kept trying his lines till it rang and we told Bond to put it on loudspeaker so we can all get the message/information and the conversation went thus

Bond: Hello sir

Mr H: Hello

Bond: Its Bond sir, we are waiting for you in the hotel

Mr H: The job is over, am on my way to asaba

Bond: Over How do u mean sir

Mr H: U are deaf,right? I said the job is over, be going to your different houses

Bond: Ahhh sir, this is not good o,how about our money now

Mr H: Look Mr man, you are disturbing me, job is over, go home

******drops call*******

The hotel compound as was quiet as a tomb, you could hear a pin drop, i guess we were astonished and still processing the conversation we just heard, and then all hell was let loose....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by collinometricx: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gabbyraze:

My boss,no vex for me...infact I go dedicate the next update to you as per say u b my oga at the top
i siqht u oooo
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by YungTemy(m): 12:56am On Jan 25, 2017
Nice one
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by larabae13(f): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
Gabbyraze where art thou?
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by shotunz(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
gabby d hustler. ...nice one guy. .....I don know sey dah henry of a guy no pure at all......more updates ooo
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
larabae13:
Gabbyraze where art thou?
Am here....my days aren't mine anymore,only free at night and that belongs to sleep
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by larabae13(f): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
Gabbyraze:

Am here....my days aren't mine anymore,only free at night and that belongs to sleep
yea I get it. Stay cool cool
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
larabae13:
yea I get it. Stay cool cool
Typing.....tanx for looking out
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by larabae13(f): 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
Gabbyraze:

Typing.....tanx for looking out
yea u welcome.
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 7:25am On Jan 27, 2017
Good morning my people,thanks for following and am really sorry for the irregular updates, would try to do better
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 7:27am On Jan 27, 2017
Dedicated to larabae13, shotunz, yungtemy and collinometricx

You know the feeling you get when your expectations have been dashed, when you feel your heart has been ripped from your chest, when it seems your total plan has been killed.....

That was how I felt, was yanked out of my reverie when one of the girls screamed and sat on the floor, with tears running down her face,other ladies joined the crying crew while some just started cursing Mr Henry. I couldn't really think or decide, i was blank,empty, too many thoughts running in my head. Emma was just thanking God because he still had his 5k, which represents the only thing he gained from all the trekking,talking and suffering. Someone immediately mentioned that since we could transfer money from the pocketmoni account registered with our work sim, we can equally do the same by sending the money to our respective bank accounts.

We argued back and forth, reason been that, they could block ones bank account since the money belongs to the company and the job has been suspended, others said the line would have been blocked already, a girl tried hers,it didn't work, omo see gobe, another girl tried her's by purchasing airtime,viola, 5k airtime enter her phone, mehn see rushing na, most of us started trying our own o, while others felt we were robbing the company (bunch of idiots), imagine the other girls used their's for airtime (girls mumu sha,not all), while some couldn't because their pocketmoni line has apparently been blocked or something. I tried mine, it apparently opened but i had a big challenge, my atm card was at home and i don't receive alert from my bank, i wanted to withdraw the money asap to avoid stories that touch, i sha transferred 4k, it was deducted from the pocketmoni account, i was happy despite the dire situation, i sharply buy airtime N750, no time to waste. As e enter, i put a call through to my cousin who is also my roommate,and instructed him to immediately go to the nearest atm machine with my card and withdraw everything in my account, he asked why and i gave him an abridged version of events.

After doing all that, some succeeded while others didn't, we started planning on what to do because we cant just give up without a fight, so we decided to meet in the hotel the next morning and if by then we haven't heard anything concrete from Mr Henry, we will proceed to the company he took us to and lay our complaint there......we all dispersed with the intent of gathering the next day

Me, Emma and kizo were together and talked at length about the unfortunate situation and vehemently vowed to pursue the matter to the end.

NEXT DAY

We set out for the hotel, chizzy came along with us after listening to the miserable situation we found ourselves, we got to the hotel and found that Mr Henry never came back to the hotel and the buses and speakers have been returned to the original owners. We met other people there even though most of the ladies and a few guys didn't turn up. We then proceeded to udoka estate, where that office was located to voice out and also get information on the current situation.

Due to brokeness and probably anger, we walked from amawbia to udoka estate (through inner roads sha but the distance no be small). Got there, the security man was been an ass, we held our ground and demanded to see the manager, after waiting for almost 3 hours, because we were told the manager went out, he finally drove in and we started speaking loudly and threatening fire and brimstone, part of the reason we took chizzy was for such, dude has got alot of ginger and a strong presence, finally the manager came out and asked what our issues was, we told him about Mr Henry's sudden disappearance and demanded to know the reason plus the possibility of of been paid for the days we actually worked. The man tried to placate us by saying Mr Henry has been suspended, that he is guilty of gross insubordination. Omo our head scatter and trust chizzy na, the whole street knew people came to that office because we were ready for whatever, just wanted our goddamn money, at the point the manager pointed at chizzy and asked, "who are you", the four of us (chizzy,me,Emma and kizo) walked towards the man as a group and chizzy answered "am nobody, i wasn't part of the job but this guys are my friends and we are ready to go any length", guess the man was impressed with his guts because the next thing he said was,"come inside,lets talk".

The four of us proceeded with him while the others stayed back, he took us to an office and proceeded to ask us questions, general and personal questions. He commented that he was impressed with the personal traits chizzy displayed, he actually thought chizzy is a military person, that our group seems tough and we had each other's backs even in time of challenges. Long and short of it was that, Mr Henry is gone and the probability of getting our money is less than 40%, but he had a deal for us,he would like the four of us to work for his company directly........

Smiles and shakes, its an IT company,we are comp.sc students....who wouldn't be happy? Did it work out or is it another promise and fail, find out

3 Likes

Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
wow.9ce write up.kip it up
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by YungTemy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
Sharp guy... No dulling grin . Thanks for the mention
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
Dedicated to my people who has had my back since day 1....thanks and God bless

We went home feeling fulfilled, without telling the others about the deal we were given (stab in the back,yea), we were asked to come the next day with our passport for registration et al. Next day came, we got there and was ushered in, got seated and the man came in and welcomed us. Gave us form to fill and proceeded to tell us about the job description....

The job was similar to what we did,but isn't called POCKETMONI, it was called something else (can't remember) and since we were going to be working with the company directly, it wouldn't end like POCKETMONI did, guy, the four of us just deflated, we felt it was something different, something that will involve computer skills and knowledge but alas,its same kinda thing we just came out from, we told the man we will think about it and get back to him, which he agreed.

On our way back home, we decided to reject the offer, once beaten twice shy, readily comes to mind and we weren't eager to jump back into the field and do more talking when we had not recovered from the last ordeal.

After a few weeks, exams approached and i was eager to get started, having missed lectures and tests due to some crazy hustle, i had alot to catch up on and i was working hard to meet up. Didn't really put in mind that exam hustle will come, even though i was sure it would, my own personal exams were the most important at that moment and i felt i was pushing my luck too far by taking on too many runs thereby exposing myself to great risk.

Exams started and i felt some relief when chizzy didn't holler me, at least let other guys go for the job even though they can't deliver what i could, its about time some other person takes the risk. Little did i know i was going to undertake one of the hardest runs i ever had to do.....

Chizzy called and requested for us to hang out, he wanted us to talk etc, so i went to his house and he told me, he knows i wanted to stay away from the halls, and he respect that but this particular runs, he can't turn it down because the lady in question is a good friend of his and she has been on his neck about this particular exam and since he can't give it to just anyone else, he begged me to accept the offer, even though it went against all my rules for impersonation:

1. The person is a girl

2. She is pretty and popular in her class

3. Her course rep isn't the free minded type

4. She is in economics dept, faculty of management science

5. I have never done any course in that dept before

It looked a daunting task, but i have always been a sucker for challenges, i demanded a meeting with the girl, so i can gauge her myself and make my own observations..

The day came, we met in management science faculty, chizzy said i should tell the girl am in business administration department (so she wont have reason to doubt my abilities), the meeting went great and she agreed to pay 5k per course, 8 courses together...*see funds*

Quickly forged the necessary id card and school fees receipt and exam started.....

*foreign man in a foreign land*

2 Likes

Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Adesina12: 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
Respect bro

During my time it was 12 subject in one exam (carryover inclusive)

weldone
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
Adesina12:
Respect bro

During my time it was 12 subject in one exam (carryover inclusive)

weldone
I understand mehn,I rarely had carryover,so I could so other peoples own too,probably 20 courses in total or more

1 Like

Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Adesina12: 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
Gabbyraze:

I understand mehn,I rarely had carryover,so I could so other peoples own too,probably 20 courses in total or more

Yeah what I mean is that I sit for a candidate throughout and write like 12 courses which include carryover from lower level

I am enjoying your tory jhoor
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 11:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
Adesina12:

Yeah what I mean is that I sit for a candidate throughout and write like 12 courses which include carryover from lower level

I am enjoying your tory jhoor
I get your point now bro, d matter no easy
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by 2shur: 6:58am On Feb 01, 2017
men fuc this stupid shiit write up
and stat making cool cash.
ma niggi u can be making 800k a month
fuc dis write up abeg
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by plantae(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2017
Doing all those runs you did at OAU would have been a disaster. I couldn't dare it.
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by plantae(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2017
Hello Gabbyraze, your updates got my ribs cracking Mehn! I am really enjoying your tory. In Sapele parlance, oil dey your head. Continue abeg.
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by sirugos(m): 8:28am On Feb 01, 2017
You are good, absultly good. How I wish we can ack all these as a movie
Re: Hustlers Tale (campus Life) by Gabbyraze(m): 10:19am On Feb 01, 2017
plantae:
Hello Gabbyraze, your updates got my ribs cracking Mehn! I am really enjoying your tory. In Sapele parlance, oil dey your head. Continue abeg.
My delta broda, tank u. I full ground

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

A Tale Of Love (18+) / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.