Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV (25635 Views)

***KAKAKI AUTOS!!! A Foundation Of Trust. Delivering the 2012 HONDA CR-V EX***** / Challenges I Faced After Buying A Car From Cityhood Dada Motors / Citihood Dada Joseph Is Not Sincere And Trustworthy As We Thought He Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2016
Let me correct you on that. It takes a skilled mechanic to drive such cars. A similar thing happened to me. The driver was arrested several times on his way, no headlamps. When he came I noticed a lot of water bottles in the car. I wasn't told and the cars engine got knocked from overheating lesst than 2 weeks. It was then I knew what the water bottles were for. The best thing is to go to the place yourself and take a mechanic.
tempex88:
For the car to drive from kaduna to Lagos, it's not as bad as u described.

The car was sold to u for 1.4m. Highlander with three rolls. Shouldn't that raise ur eyebrow.?

I will advice u fix the issues and move on
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Dantedasz(m): 10:49am On Dec 26, 2016
memeluv:

We tried exploring this option but there are no vehicles in his stand. He brings a car to the stand, take a picture and drop it back to their owners. What we could find were only accident-ed craps and loads of keke-napep. I have spent almost 1/2 the amount I bought this lemon in logistics and other trial and error attempts. And wanted oga cityhood to just bring any solution at-all (willing to give him real money for Toks, provided he'll deduct the price of this from it) up-to the point of asking him to sell it to any other dealer at any price at all for me to get something, but to no avail.

So what more? I moved on because my mind can now focus on important things and I can walk into reputable outlets to get something that's worth it.

Thanks for all the sane contribution from N/Ds

Hmmmm.
I am completely lost for words....
He has no vehicles in his shop.....he has no money to refund...
I suggest that memeluv you should report this case to the police/law enforcement agencies....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by uboma(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Going by this info, I can tell you why the car performs poorly.

The engine advertised judging by the plastic cover is a 3.3liter 3mz engine, engine is sold for over 350k at the moment.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3886844_img20160624102836_jpegcdb26be902a7f00c2c5cd5625ab22b34

Engine. In the bay is a 2.5liter 2mz-fe engine without a VVTI system. (Variable valve timing) this engine is sold for about 70-100k for a toks, but will not function properly because of the deference in design.

In my line of work I have seen this happen several times, and have advised buyers to stay clear. Unfortunately a few of you fall prey to this and ultimately have to replace the engine to the original spec to get the desire result. A few wires have to be returned back to factory spec too as the 2mz-fe comes with just 1 cam shaft sensor while the 3mz come with 2.

As per the transmission, a few of these highlanders come with the legendary 13pin trannys, and they are a pain in the neck when they develop faults, replacement is also very expensive and could go for over 300k for the Front wheel drive and more than 350k for the 4wheel drive tranny.
In several cases the 10pin gear which is about 100k is modified and installed in place of the 13pin.

Other problems mentioned like the leaking roof and windows are easily fixable, but full disclosure would have enabled the buyer make an informed decision.

Moral of the story before you buy it, get someone to look at it.

I would expect Mr cityhood to address compensation for the OP so we can put this behind us and move on.

Link to vehicle. https://www.nairaland.com/3188191/highlander-jeep-just-1.150#46932154

Thank you for bringing this to limelight.

Sometime ago, same cityhood advertised a VW Golf Mark IV with a Mark III engine in it.

I raised my concern about having underpowered the Mark IV but he rubbished my opinion and pointed that it was the norm in his line of business.

see the link to the thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/2840313/sold-sold-eat-nigerian-used

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2016
memeluv:

N/B Audio, screenshot and sundry available on request. I'm very sorry for the long article, just that I wouldn't want another nairalander scammed by the sweet-talking cityhood. Thanks again.

Reading your piece just took me back to memory lane where I suffered worse from my first car than you. A piece of advice. Next time you want to get a car, do not involve anybody but yourself and a reputable mechanic. Not even your family member. Go yourself, make sure when you've paid, you give the car to someone that would bring it down for you. No matter how tight your schedule is, do it when you are free. I repeat, do it yourself or its gonna be another story.

I hope you get over the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Dexpro: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2016
taketime2019:
Cityhood is a thief. This idiot nearly caught my interest to travel to Kaduna to buy one of his cars. The only thing that saved me was the distance. If not, cityhood would have fried me like chicken. Nairalanders please if you are in Lagos always buy your cars in Lagos. If you are in Portharcourt , always buy your cars in Portharcourt. If you are in Enugu, please buy your cars in Enugu. If you are in Aba, please buy your cars in Aba. But if you are so much interested in crossing the boundaries to buy your cars, please make sure you report to the police in the area you have travelled for buying the car. When you arrive in the location where the car is parked for sale, please look for the nearest police to report the purpose of your visit in the area. After reporting to the police, then you have gotten their back up, so you can go ahead to inspect the car before payment. If anything goes wrong, you can go back to the police to report the problem and you are safe at least you can get a refund at all costs. Please always inspect the cars before payment. Do not hesitate to inspect the cars first and do not hesitate to involve the police when buying a used or tokunbo car. Cityhood is a thief for doing this to someone.
Gbam
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Caveatemptor(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2016
memeluv:

We tried exploring this option but there are no vehicles in his stand. He brings a car to the stand, take a picture and drop it back to their owners. What we could find were only accident-ed craps and loads of keke-napep. I have spent almost 1/2 the amount I bought this lemon in logistics and other trial and error attempts. And wanted oga cityhood to just bring any solution at-all (willing to give him real money for Toks, provided he'll deduct the price of this from it) up-to the point of asking him to sell it to any other dealer at any price at all for me to get something, but to no avail.

So what more? I moved on because my mind can now focus on important things and I can walk into reputable outlets to get something that's worth it.

Hmm..
No vehicles at his stand....
This was what zauzau was warning about city hood on king Toms thread.
Zauzau warned people to beware of the man in Kaduna always advertising big cars on Nairaland but there are no cars in his stand.....
This is fraudulent and crooks like this need to be taught a serious lesson.
Memeluv even if you are moving on this guy city hood needs to be taught a lesson.

6 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by TheMadame(f): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2016
memeluv:

Haaaa!
City hood......No vehicles except scrap and keke Marwa?
This is stealing now.....
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2016
You Neglected The Golden Rules Of Online Car Purchase. -know Who The Seller Is -physically Inspect The Vehicle Before Purchase. -dont Rely On 3rd Parties And Fake Customer Reviews. -pay After Product Has Been Delivered To U That Being Said Accept My Condolence , Go To A Real Car Dealer Next Time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by fiveas: 11:28am On Dec 26, 2016
what a biiiiiiig disappointment for prospective auto buyer on nairaland to say the least.
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2016
I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for the OP. Learn from people's mistakes. How many times have people created threads to post their ordeals of being scammed online?

Still, you carried your two left legs and paid for a vehicle you hadn't physically seen and inspected. You even paid extra. Too much money.

You've made your bed. Lie in it.
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by otunbakolawole(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Op is not street smart its just that simple. Telling us you have moved on isn't the way to go. You should have sold the lemon while it was with you, add more money and pick a car from a physical car stand close to you, celebrate your birthday and avoid this stress. I have spoken to city hood before, and I know I just can't trust him despite all the reviews here. Heed to common sense which is send a trusted proxy to check it out before payment if you can't go see it yourself

Cityhood, to avoid stories, either you send the op back his lemon, or you give him a date in January when he should expect payment. Meanwhile, stop all those yeye reviews you keep writing, direct all that energy to imbibe honesty, truth and please pay the OP.

God bless us all

3 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by crestedaguiyi: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
ehissi:

Please, stop all these gbegboru system of government before I ban you for the next 1000years........ angry

So if OP no create thread, you no go talk ba? angry

So that Cityhood will come and sell me one dead Convertible too.......... angry

Oya, kia-kia, go and open one thread loaded with pictures and tell us how E take chop ya money, before e go sell seun the motor what wan close Nairaland so.. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3429445/neat-honda-odyssy-spacebus-full

That's the thread to the Honda I talked about. Still at the mechanic shop from the date it was delivered till date.

Took 6 days for it to get to phc from zaria
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by princetom1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ, i cant read it all finish, abeg, Kingreign and Nurey should tag me when una comment, am saving my hammer judgement till tonight
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
unfortunately Nairaland and mods seem to be keen on political and religious issues rather than on social ones - except for social media addicts who grovel at linda ikeja and actresses black knuckles.. real issues like stopping scammers (in their hundreds on nairaland) get no focus

a lesson learned is a gift earned

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by ehissi(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
crestedaguiyi:

That's the thread to the Honda I talked about. Still at the mechanic shop from the date it was delivered till date.

At least we Thank God say no be stolen vehicle - that is assuming you don check Oooooh...... undecided

The thing whey Recession dey make Nairaland Car-Dealers dey do in 2016 nor be hia..... undecided

Just try and open a thread, like a testimonial - just like the OP has done - and tell us how your experience with Cityhood and this car, so that the next set of people he wants to scam will hear first before them mumu release money give Cityhood. cry

Now, what is wrong with the Honda, let us still be hearing the different ways whey these scammers dey operate............ angry
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Mimzyy(f): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
MsDelilah:
[s]I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for the OP[/s]. Learn from people's mistakes. How many times have people created threads to post their ordeals of being scammed online?

Still, you carried your two left legs and paid for a vehicle you hadn't physically seen and inspected. You even paid extra. Too much money.

Are you that stone hearted? This is quite insensitive of you babe. Memeluv has spent about 2.2m going by his analysis and the best you can say is that you don't feel any pity for him and you know how hard times are.

The dude stated that he trusted the positive reviews here and that was his greatest undoing. If the same thing happens to your brother, I'm sure you will be the first person to start raising tantrums.

Cityhood, please you need to refund at least 80% of this guy's money. You stated that the owner of the car is your bosom friend so it should not be a herculean task to recover the money.

Memeluv, if you can, please go legal as dialogue has failed. Even if you do not need the money again, it will serve as a deterrent to others who wana tow this same path. God will replenish your loss in multiple folds.

8 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by graciousolo(m): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
MsDelilah:
I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for the OP. Learn from people's mistakes. How many times have people created threads to post their ordeals of being scammed online?

You are obviously disappointed at the op but, that doesn't warrant such a mean post.

9 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:

Are you that stone hearted? This is quite insensitive of you babe. Memeluv has spent about 2.2m going by his analysis and the best you can say is that you don't feel any pity for him and you know how hard times are.

The dude stated that he trusted the positive reviews here and that was his greatest undoing. If the same thing happens to your brother, I'm sure you will be the first person to start raising tantrums.
folds.

Madam, let's assume I have a brother. I'm sure he won't be stupid enough to pay FULLY for a car he hasn't seen and inspected.

You just said these are hard times. Then OBVIOUSLY, one should think properly before throwing money away in the name of trust.

I'm stone hearted? I'm just being realistic!
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by chidi4sam(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
For me, I was a victim too. It am too busy now to open a tread on how I was given a dead 2003 highlander by citihood. I paid 1.8M to citihood to deliver a car he claimed was almost toks only to be disappointed by what he delivered. I have never read any negative news here on NL about citihood and that's why I had the trust and confidence he would deliver as promised. The mileage he claimed was 146 was way far above it. The whole electrical components were not working. Fuel pump was bad. I paid him for tracking he never did it and has refused to refund me. He registered th car wrongly without engine number. In FRSC data base, the plate no is given to a V/wagen saloon car and had expired since 2013. Well, by next week I shall bring to light my whole dealings with citihood. I don't regret ever dealing with him but I want others to learn from me. I had trust on him but he disappointed.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Mimzyy(f): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ok. If that's how you feel about it.

MsDelilah:

Madam, let's assume I have a brother. I'm sure he won't be stupid enough to pay FULLY for a car he hasn't seen and inspected.

You just said these are hard times. Then OBVIOUSLY, one should think properly before throwing money away in the name of trust.

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by cosade(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
tay0:
cityhood buzz off you lack integrity and professionalism you have just lost another deal, Thank God I saw this

Hmmnn

I almost entrusted my money into his care!

When I noticed the inconsistencies in the pix below I decided not to go ahead with the transaction.

The pictures posted on NL were the present state of the used car but when I started asking questions, he now sent another sets of pictures, but these ones, were when the car was Tokunbo.

I pointed him to the differences in the pix but instead of apologizing and withdrawing the new set of pix, he resulted into "bone face". Of course I won't fall for that. At that point I felt something was fishy about the guy and decided not to remit money for a car I love to buy from him.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by cosade(m): 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
OPUSDEI1:
I am obliged to comment on this post for two reasons:
1- I was once close to buying a vehicle from cityhood.
2- The "Highlander" has been to my workshop for assessment as the OP was referred to me by GAZZUZZ.

The Op obviously has learnt his lesson and is making his experience public for others to learn.

The vehicle in question came with a non-highlander (2MZ-FE) engine amidst so many other issues as stated by the op and will cost a fortune for proper restoration. I wish the mechanic that delivered the vehicle was here to tell us how the journey was.

Subscribing to a Pre-Purchase Inspection is highly recommended for a used car purchase and also the integrity of a dealer especially on a forum like this is necessary for continued patronage.

@Cityhood, find a way to resolve your issue with the young man amicably.

Hmmnn

I was almost going to remit N 1miilion ( for this car https://www.nairaland.com/3441463/clean-toks-206-convertible.1.2m-now ) to this guy two weeks back, if not for his unprofessional conduct that I observed in good time on another vehicle. This made me to stop the transaction.

Now my fears have been confirmed.

4 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by cosade(m): 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
ehissi:
Hmmmmmmm............

So cityhood has finally join bad gang? undecided

Recession no good Oooh..... angry

If you know as you take Mess up, you will just jejely gather the boys money and return it or give him a wahala free highlander as you promised.

If Cityhood can do this one, na E be say all Car dealers on Nairaland na scam, second Buhari, except for Gazzuzz whey dey seriously try that year........

Hmmmmmmmm......na waoh..... shocked

Hmmnnnn

He attempted to pass off the pix of a vehicle when it was Tokunbo as the present condition of the car as a used one.

When I noticed this insecurity, I decided to call off my decision to go ahead with the Peugeot 206 Convertible car we had agreed for 1 million naira.

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by chronique(m): 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
MsDelilah:

You can't blame him for that totally. It's a thing of honor for someone to trust you with his money and pay you without seeing you. When you have such level of trust bestowed upon you, it behooves on you that you respect yourself and do what is right. A nairalander who goes by the name Salihu, once paid money in full to me without seeing me. He was based in Minna at that time and works with ibb specialist hospital. His colleagues thought he was crazy but when he came, saw his car and called them to affirm everything was as I told him, they were shocked (considering the bad reputation lagosians have). Life would have been easier if we all could be a little bit more honest and responsible.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by uboma(m): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
chidi4sam:
For me, I was a victim too. It am too busy now to open a tread on how I was given a dead 2003 highlander by citihood. I paid 1.8M to citihood to deliver a car he claimed was almost toks only to be disappointed by what he delivered. I have never read any negative news here on NL about citihood and that's why I had the trust and confidence he would deliver as promised. The mileage he claimed was 146 was way far above it. The whole electrical components were not working. Fuel pump was bad. I paid him for tracking he never did it and has refused to refund me. He registered th car wrongly without engine number. In FRSC data base, the plate no is given to a V/wagen saloon car and had expired since 2013. Well, by next week I shall bring to light my whole dealings with citihood. I don't regret ever dealing with him but I want others to learn from me. I had trust on him but he disappointed.

Another thread uploading......

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Mimzyy(f): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Please don't forget to share. Maybe you could have just saved someone else the misery of buying from him if you had created a thread about your dealings with him immediately it happened. All the same, sorry bout your loss.

chidi4sam:

2 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by musco4me: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
The guy sells lemon

He also sold me a dead Honda.

Am already preparing his case file at the efcc here in ph.

He is sweet mouthed
pls wch Honda is DAT
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Danfuster(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
MsDelilah:

Now that's way too cold angry show some empathy and not persecute the OP action motivated by his good heart. We all give our trust at one point in time. I'm sure you'd strike a deal with Gazzuz(no disrespect) without blinking cos you trust his reviews.

Encourage good people, don't trample on their good heart. #ThinkAboutIt

5 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Mimzyy(f): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lalasticlala, please move this to the fp. Maybe citihood will be pressured to at least refund some (if not all) of the money. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
memeluv:
tl;dr

Today is a very sad day for me as all efforts to recover even a kobo from the dead SUV Mr. CityHood of Dada Motors Nig. Enterprise sold to me fell through.

I'm sharing this, not because I am going to get a headway or anything short of his rhetoric, but to advice someone else to always inspect any car he's to buy irrespective of the seller's pedigree.

The summary

I lost way-over a million plus to CityHood Scam-deal for trusting the reviews I saw on this platform and for his professional sweet-talking and hoodwinking mastery.

The Lessons

I thought I was already an expert with detecting online scam-deals, but got trapped because of the reviews.
I searched for such things as:

- is Cityhood a scammer?
- ever scammed by Cityhood?
- is Dada motors Nigeria Enterprise a scam outlet?
- ever scammed by 08169446319, 07030066180 scammed me, 08038211465 didn't deliver a product I bought

And many other search terms without seeing a red flag.
This gave me a strong conviction that someone selling for this long without defrauding his clients can't be bad to deal with after-all, little did I know he creates some of the praise-pages himself.

So in all, I learn that:

- Cityhood (Dada Olawale Joseph) and Dada Motors is a middle-man that helps sell dead vehicles and not a legit auto-sales outlet
- Vehicles sold by him are just random pictures snapped from various parks and willing-to-sale car owners.
- CityHood is good at taking great pictures from best angles and never at doing pre-sale maintenance on the goods.
- I was wrong to assume I was dealing with an auto-shop ('the many good-looking cars in picture & sign post did') and not our regular car-picture hustlers.

The Deal & Experiences

Few days to my birthday I contacted Mr. CityHood about a Toyota highlander he 'published for sales' to know if it's in 100% working condition as I wouldn't wanna rely on photos alone.

He affirmed it was in 100% shape and so we concluded on price.

On seeing the mileage sitting at above 200k, I asked if he has a car of exact spec but lower mileage, even if it means paying more. Being a master in photography, he sent another pics that looked better.

We concluded on phone, But I insisted that he explain to me if there's anything 'at-all' to be fixed.

We concluded in the price. I paid him the complete amount plus extra 160K~ for delivery, painting, features and sundry expenses. He started a self-praise thread on the deal and forgot to fix even the deadliest of issues on the cartoon he delivered as a SUV to me.

The Deal-Breaker

While waiting in anticipation for the almighty SUV, I got a call from the mechanic (that's to deliver the car) that he's arrived my locale.

On sighting the fragile, leaking-roof and Nigerian-mechanics-modified SUV, I got furious and contacted Mr. CityHood that claimed to be very busy and never attended to any of my concerns.

I pleaded with the mechanic to go back with the product, that I was going to discuss with Mr. cityhood later on. He declined, citing that it is Mr. Cityhood I am dealing with and not him.

The mirrors were gone, AC bad, Roof leaking, belt screaming, shock chattering, tapping-glass-rear switches 'non-existent' and worst of all is that some of the documents got soaked (almost destroyed) as a result of the leaking roof and sides.

I pleaded with the mechanic to move it from the park where we met to a place where they can at least fix the mirrors which he agreed on, but told me he isn't got any more time- citing the long distance he's to travel.

So the SUV was literally delivered by a mechanic from the north to a mechanic workshop down here.

When CityHood Finally Picked my call, after his mechanic is left, I pleaded with him to tell the young man to come back and pick the vehicle, but he claimed the man's line were dead and that the only option to get back my money is for him to re-list the vehicle for sale.

I accepted his offer in ecstasy but pleaded with him to make it faster, even if it's only the invoice amount. I explained to him how much useless the so-called decorations were as the vehicle can't even start without pushing the throttle multiple times (he taught me this).

The Distractions

Instead of working out my money fast as he promised, he started sending pictures of other cars to me. This was a bit strange as he wasn't looking for immediate resolve expected of a supposed honest dealer.

Hours passed without a head-way and I have but few days to travel for my birthday, I called CityHood again, but instead of sounding cool, he's like using some demeaning words on me; Asking if this was my first car? And If I'm expecting it to come as flawless after the long distance travel.

Here again, I choose the part of patience, Since I thought I was dealing with a straight-forward dude (CEO of the auto-sales outlet). I figured it's wise to do some maintenance and see if I could travel with it while waiting for him to either send a driver (to pick it) or my money (from another buyer, as he proposed).

I took the vehicle to a competent mechanic and then met the biggest shock. There's serious oil leakage from the gear-box (manageable) and power steering hose (very serious).

I asked he change the hose (the long curvy metal hose) for the power steering and call me an electrician to fix the switches (rear engine whiner was already dead), AC and other electrical issues. Changed the battery to a working one (he delivered with bad 45aH instead of 75) and etc.

To cut the long story short, I keep going from one of his distractions to another until he gave me the assurance that someone is going to pay the money to my account in November so they'll come pick the mole.

The Excuses

When the delay-tactics was getting too obvious, I contacted Oga Gazzus to see if there's a competent hand here in south/east that can put life into the carton.

He linked me to a great guy that scanned the car into-to (can attach the diagnosis on-request) and found the car is been severely modified by them. A non-highlander engine (he guessed lexus) was constructed into it which will need a brain-box change.

He also opined that a gearbox change might be required as well. He did his best for me, after which I decided it was best to keep waiting for Cityhood, not knowing that I've been scammed already.

More
I updated Mr. Cityhood on the expenses I have made trying to see if the dump will work. Viz; Brain-box change, fly-wheel, power steering pump and etc. change to see if he can help make a cut-price-deal and get me any money back. This was my last resort as I need get something out of it and forge ahead.

November is already gone and no alert yet. I started pestering Mr. Cityhood to proffer any solution, just any! He told me there's already a buyer in his stand, but the vehicles needs come there before he'll pay.

I pleaded with him to settle the driver come pick it (his opinion was I send money first), so he can deduct the money from the sales. He assured me I was gonna get my money once the car comes that he isn't got a penny on him to help out with.

So again, I sent him 40K which he actually divided to the driver that prompted the man ask me for extra 10k when he came to pick the vehicle.

To cut the long story short again, I never got a kobo alert. I sent a friend whom cityhood actually embarrassed and told him I was enjoying the SUV for two months and only woke up one morning to say I'm returning a product I already used for months.

So the tide was turned against me. He assumed I was comfortable with the car and only woke up to beg him to help me sale the car again. He over-powered the man as there was no physical agreement written and signed before sending the car back to him.

I tried exploring every possible option, including selling it at what-ever-rate but non worked. That's how I got scammed. He practically ruined my birthday and Christmas all in a year.

The Red Flags

There were many red flags along the line, but I had to play along. Just to see if I can recover anything from it.

1. He tried to persuade me into looking into other vehicles and rejected every exchange deal I suggested.
2. He claimed to be broke, while using his psychological advantage to work on my brain until I can forget everything for him or so. I didn't get the 10k from him till date.

3. The car was seized at the first inter-state travel attempt. While going for my birthday, the vehicle was seized and cityhood practically push the blame on his non-existent servant. The papers weren't bearing the engine number and so was thought by them a stolen one. He asked them to take some money from me and release the vehicle. This was obviously a flag as no honest dealer cuts corner when his client is paying the right amount for papers.
4. He practically told me that he couldn't find a driver that would deliver for less (when sending back the vehicle) but paid the driver less, assuring him that I was going to fill the tank for him.
5. Someone that's willing to help in an issue like this will not be re-listing the vehicle for ridiculous amount (above 500k profit) when his clients needs his money urgently to forge ahead.
6. The 'straw that broke the camel back' is CITYHOOD trying to use parts from the vehicle he promised to service properly and get me back my money for his personal use.
7. What Mr. Cityhood delivered was a 2004 Toyota highlander and never a 2005 ad advertised.
8. No dealer sales no car for no profit.

My friend that went to see to the car found out that, over there, there are no real vehicles except for few accident-ed ones and tricycles. And that the bonnet hook-stand, battery were tampered with, Mr. Cityhood practically had no answer to these. Its surprising what he'll be doing with insignificant things as these when there's lots of vehicles to attend to.

My Decision

Move on. Lesson learnt! Don't trust every review you see on a public platform. My mistake was believing Dada Motors (Cityhood) and not making a provision for inspection, even when I have friends up there.

N/B Audio, screenshot and sundry available on request. I'm very sorry for the long article, just that I wouldn't want another nairalander scammed by the sweet-talking cityhood. Thanks again.

A bit confusing.

Did he pay you the purchase price back?
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by chidi4sam(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
[quote author=Mimzyy post=52273583]Please don't forget to share. Maybe you could have just saved someone else the misery of buying from him if you had created a thread about your dealings with him immediately it happened. All the same, sorry bout your loss.

Mine happened since November. I have been extremely busy to shear m experience with citihood. You know I need to screenshot my Watsp messages, take some pictures of all the stuff that have been done in a car he claimed it is "buy and drive". A car he sold for 1.8m + 230k for other things like registration, DVD and reverse camera, front grill, tracking which is over 2M should not have any reason for me to complain. But this car is completely dead. It has been in the mechanic since November. I have not driven it. I trusted him because of so many testimonies on NL about him. Last year I sent some money to my uncle in US to deliver a car for me but uptil now, no show. So I was looking out on NL fo , trust person to deal with. Now, he has so diappointed th trust on him

4 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by musco4me: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
crestedaguiyi:

Jesus Christ. Guy I nearly bought this car but I sensed cityhood was nt straight forward. Check the link where I asked him if everything is okay, he said yes, even the ac. I engaged him in a private chat and found out the ac is bad, car was repainted. I contact GAZZUZZ tru chat, and he advised I forget abt the car and look for same car in my area. We HV already agreed 850k on thus ride plus 30k for driver. Total of 880k. Something told me this guy must be selling dead cars by repainting them and making them look neat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

»»» Sold!!! Toks Mazda3 08 @ N1.9M Non Negotiable ««« / Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert / LATEST AUTO SECURITY @ 38k. Now: 29,990 promo starting from 20th sept for 1mth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.