Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (14458 Views)

Women From The Tomb- Another Bible Contradiction! / Bible Contradiction In The Book Of Genesis / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by randomperson: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

I know u have received wisdom from that proverb,
Cheers.
BTW, why didn't u answer my question about that potter's field contradiction... Lemme guess, u don't have time for atheists?? wink
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

I suppose you have been blind to the antics of atheists here on NL and how they exhaust all the fallacies known to man in order to continue an argument. With all the english language that has been applied in a simple explanatory manner and then the very next comment would be

"I think you are confused" or "rubbish" or "Why are you dodging the question" or "You must think we are foolish if you feel this is how it happened" etc

Rancho i know you have a new year resolution which you are beginning to act out. Enjoy it but as far as i know only an honest soul can admit to error or ignorance in a debate but a dishonest one will simply call you dishonest even when they are the dishonest one. NL holds no value to serious minded people who see beyond its farcade. A place where i can hide and be telling someone else to leave his trust and confidence and join me when even my family do not know my real identity as an atheist.

A place where anyone can open their mouths and insult people who they are yet to sniff the intellectual air those people have sniffed. A place where we have more pretenders than realists. A place where lies flow like water which has broken free from its dam and everyone is invited to come and swim in the same river of lies. A place where people call my belief imaginary yet they write epistles against my "imaginary" belief and call my God all sorts of terrible things but still insist He is "imaginary". Then indeed i wonder what serious minded person would take it seriously.
With respect, your comment is filled with strawmen, red herrings, ad homimens, and all other things that I wonder if we are still talking about contradictions or something else.
You strike me as a very emotional individual.
I haven't made any new year resolutions.

3 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by alchemist13: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Do well to google "four accounts, one reality".

Thank you.
I haved googled

The Events on Resurrection Day

2 of 6

Nearing Jesus’ tomb, the women notice the stone rolled away. Mary Magdalene leaves to tell Peter and John while the other women continue to the open tomb.

The problem is that this does not reconcile with Matthew at all as he has Mary returning with joy after both Marys, atleast, have communicated with an angelic being.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Am I the only one that noticed the last Christian that joined this conversation suffers from a severe and untreatable case of delusion of grandeur?

he seems not to pass up any opportunity to say how intelligent he is, how rich he is, how no serious person shouldn't take Nairaland religious debates seriously but debates from page 0-12+ pages almost every thread

all he's done on this thread so far is give nonexistent victory to his goons
Be nice!!
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
This should be my last reply to you.
alchemist13:

I haved googled

The problem is that this does not reconcile with Matthew at all as he has Mary returning with joy after both Marys, atleast, have communicated with an angelic being.

Refer to my message to AgentOf Allah.

Thank you.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
Felixomor and DoctorAlien i have told you guys to quit debating these pre-programmed robots. It has now shifted to ad hominems and they are ever so good at this and would want to force you to that cesspool. I began 2017 with a decision never to be dragged to their level of muck and i suggest you do same. For years the debate has been revolving round the same rehashed topics over and over again and even those who just joined NL and are still under the unusual high of belonging to an atheist family are rehashing the same things. Allow them to debate it among themselves and pat themselves on the back over something they "discovered" which indeed had been repeatedly dealt with and trashed even before they rehashed it.

I know some of them wish i would acknowledge them but that urge died a long time ago. Life is fun and full of beauty when we learn to eschew guile and vitriol and rather just speak. Just like the Bible said in Philippians 4: 8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by alchemist13: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
This is what you said:

A hypothetical Matthew-alone reader who is rational will go like this:

"Other women may have accompanied the two Marys to the sepulchre, since Matthew didn't say that only the two Marys went there. Therefore, I can't really say who left and who did not leave, since the passage didn't say 'the two Marys left with great joy.'"
Oh and by the way, that would mean Matthew is talking a whole lot of nonsense and he is not communicating at all.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by jimmyjenseng(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Yes you're wrong. Wikipedia say patients who have tritanopia see purple as various shades of red.

OK. So, who suffered from tritanopia: the evangelists or One who inspired the writing of the scripture?

I'm just curious.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by hopefulLandlord: 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Be nice!!

I'm actually being as nice as possible while making sure to pass my point across bro, any attempt at making it nicer that I can think of would dilute the message

to every sincere person, be it atheist or theist, what I said is - not to put too fine a point on it - pure truth!
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

OK. So, who suffered from tritanopia: the evangelists or One who inspired the writing of the scripture?

I'm just curious.

Ask yourself the question and answer it.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
With respect, your comment is filled with strawmen, red herrings, ad homimens, and all other things that I wonder if we are still talking about contradictions or something else.
You strike me as a very emotional individual.
I haven't made any new year resolutions.

Emotions are a good thing and if mine is alive it shows i my warning lights are still fully functional. So i can actually know where and when to stop. I am not debating here so if you wish to see strawmen or plastic men its up to you.

There is a massive resource available in google for anyone who truly wishes to research the truth objectively or who wishes to genuinely settle their confusion but simply because the aim as they have repeatedly said is "to sow the seed of doubt in the mind of the readers" that is why they disregard this resource and keep rehashing arguments. They do not care if the seed is sown in dishonesty or cunning. As long as it is sown they are fine with it.

I am not as dumb as to be dragged back down to a level i just left. I would only do so for someone whom i sense is truly being sincere but right here right now all i see iis a bunch of "seed sowers".

Enjoy your evening!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Emotions are a good thing and if mine is alive it shows i my warning lights are still fully functional. So i can actually know where and when to stop. I am not debating here so if you wish to see strawmen or plastic men its up to you.

There is a massive resource available in google for anyone who truly wishes to research the truth objectively or who wishes to genuinely settle their confusion but simply because the aim as they have repeatedly said is "to sow the seed of doubt in the mind of the readers" that is why they disregard this resource and keep rehashing arguments. They do not care if the seed is sown in dishonesty or cunning. As long as it is sown they are fine with it.

I am not as dumb as to be dragged back down to a level i just left. I would only do so for someone whom i sense is truly being sincere but right here right now all i see iis a bunch of "seed sowers".

Enjoy your evening!

Spot on.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by jimmyjenseng(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Bro, I'm only asking a question. I perceive you are more knowledgeable than me. You shouldn't redirect me back to myself but rather, bring me to the full knowledge of the scripture. I told you I asked the question out of curiosity.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Enjoy your evening!
Point taken. Google is merely a search engine though, it just directs you to 'places'; one of which is Nairaland. What you are advocating is that one should look to resources where there is no scrutiny of whatever they present. It alright though; ''To each his own''.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Bro, i suggest u leave that fella.
He is a troll from the start.

If u see a sincere seeker, you will know.
Thanks brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Point taken. Google is merely a search engine though, it just directs you to 'places'; one of which is Nairaland. What you are advocating is that one should look to resources where there is no scrutiny of whatever they present. It alright though; ''To each his own''.

Google has sites that negate each other but in a much more intellectual and knowledgeable manner than Nairaland has ever been. Nairaland is one out of the millions of resource tools available to any honest seeker. Only a dishonest seeker would leave the millions and stick with Nairaland.

Google is also a debate ground but in a broader, more intense and more knowledgeable manner.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:
DoctorAlien and felixomor you know last night on another thread i had a similar debate with PastorAIO and LiberaDeus and they were also hammering on Bible contradictions and even though i trashed both of them combined grin grin grin

Somehow at about 12.30am while they were still haggling i switched my dstv over to channel 186 which is the history Channel (which is one of my favourite channels on dstv) and right there was an amazing documentary titled THE BIBLE RULES!

It was all about 12 highly qualified and esteemed Historians and archaeologists who were brought together to explore the historical reality lying behind all of the Bible's commands, delving into a their unknown origins and backstories and what people term as contradictions found in it.

These were modern historians who could speak the ancient languages dating back to 500BC and they spoke and gave verbatim interpretation right there on the program as the tore the Bible to shreds and put it back together and all 12 unanimously declared that the Bible held no contradiction and worse still 2 of these Historians were Muslim.

Arguing with these atheists who know little or nothing about Bible history, culture, traditions or indeed anything at all is tantamount to giving yourselves a migraine.

I urge them to go and first of all do deep research like these practical historians and archaeologists did yesterday in that 2hr documentary. Unless they wish to say they somehow know more than 12 actual world respected historians and archaeologists do from their face value knowledge of the scriptures.

That documentary was a ground breaking documentary which DSTV had been announcing since the 5th of December so everyone would be on it and i was opportune d to be on when they aired it and i was deeply blessed seeing men prove the scriptures are what they are. Divine, inspired and absolutely correct!

Most of what 4everGod wrote here are sugar coated lies. You will never stop telling lies even if you are going to be killed. Just tell us the name of any of the alleged historians and archaeologists that said there is no contradictioninside the bible.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Most of what 4everGod wrote here are sugar coated lies. You will never stop telling lies even if you are going to be killed.

There is no need throwing accusations u cant substantiate here.

Go open another thread for that, then mention.

Shalom.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

There is no need throwing accusations u cant substantiate here.

Go open another thread for that, then mention.

Shalom.

He has lied on this thread and the lie will be thrashed here.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Google has sites that negate each other but in a much more intellectual and knowledgeable manner than Nairaland has ever been. Nairaland is one out of the millions of resource tools available to any honest seeker. Only a dishonest seeker would leave the millions and stick with Nairaland.

Google is also a debate ground but in a broader, more intense and more knowledgeable manner.
Like I said earlier; 'To each his own'.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Lmao says Judge Dredd cheesy cheesy

Dignifying you with a response such as listing out the names of the archaeologists and historians would show i am being as Puerile as you are. I already mentioned the title of the documentary did i not? If you actually own a dstv decoder you would confirm this or a simple google search would bring it up on History channel 186.

I watched it yesterday so condescending to reel out names to you is foolishness especially since you seem to enjoy shouting liar up and down as always.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien since their aim is to "sow seeds" we have also "sown our seed". Let he that hath an ear hear what the spirit is saying. Anybody who reads this thread would get the gist.

God bless you brother. I am off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Lmao says Judge Dredd cheesy cheesy

Dignifying you with a response such as listing out the names of the archaeologists and historians would show i am being as Puerile as you are. I already mentioned the title of the documentary did i not? If you actually own a dstv decoder you would confirm this or a simple google search would bring it up on History channel 186.

I watched it yesterday so condescending to reel out names to you is foolishness especially since you seem to enjoy shouting liar up and down as always.

Shut up! You aren't the only person that have watched the documentary. The documentary is actually 3 years old. It isn't new as you claimed. I watched it like 2 years ago.

The documentary was NOT made to show if the bible contains and contradiction or not, it was made to show and provide context behind some of the actions and stories we read inside the bible (something you rightly alluded to). No where does anybody in the whole episodes say that the bible is not contradictory. You are just lying as usual.

Let me give a few examples of what the documentary dwelled on and tried to explain. A few verses were brought up and the historical and theological aspects were looked at by the scholars who tired to provide historical and theological explanations to the.

Example a verse in Leviticus was reviewed in one of the episode and some thoughts were provided by the scholars.

“Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech.” – Leviticus 18

Historical context on the God Molech was provided, and various theories and analysis were made on how the Jews differ from the people that worshipped Molech as God etc. They went on to give their own opinion as to why God told Abra ham to sacrifice his son. Each gave his/her opinion on that and why it differed from that of other Gods that also requestedfor child sacrifice( in my opinion most of them didn't do well in this segment ), they just regurgitated apologist drivel. One of then even laughed when asked. One of them said Abraham must have been horrified by God's demand for the gild sacrifice. The other said what ever God said must be obeyed because it was right.

Anther thing they touched on was the verse that says who ever cursed his parents must be stoned to death. They provided historical context to it. They said historically people believed that curses worked and they explained how the ancients take this things ery serious. They believe that anybody that curses his parents is destroying the family as such deserves to die.

They also touched on the anybody that blaspheme the name of the Lord needs to be stoned to death. Context was provided on how the ancients revered the name.of the Lord and as such any body that blasphemes deserved to die . One of them compared stining to deatg to a firing squad, in that no one knows which rock killed the person, that it is the whole tribe that is participating in meting out justice to the offender.

Nothing was said about the bible being non contradictory. It remains you own made up lies.

All the people(apart from.two muslims) interviewed in the series are christian apologist and not the neutral people you are trying to sell here. The apologist are already committed to the bible. Majority are Rabbis and Reverends.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Shut up! You aren't the only person that have watched the documentary. The documentary is actually 3 years old. It isn't new as you claimed. I watched it like 2 years ago.

The documentary was NOT made to show if the bible contains and contradiction or not, it was made to show and provide context behind some of the actions and stories we read inside the bible (something you rightly alluded to). No where does anybody in the whole episodes say that the bible is not contradictory. You are just lying as usual.

Let me give a few examples of what the documentary dwelled on and tried to explain. A few verses were brought up and the historical and theological aspects were looked at by the scholars who tired to provide historical and theological explanations to the.

Example a verse in Leviticus was reviewed in one of the episode and some thoughts were provided by the scholars.

“Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech.” – Leviticus 18

Historical context on the God Molech was provided, and various theories and analysis were made on how the Jews differ from the people that worshipped Molech as God etc. They went on to give their own opinion as to why God told Abra ham to sacrifice his son. Each gave his/her opinion on that and why it differed from that of other Gods that also requestedfor child sacrifice( in my opinion most of them didn't do well in this segment ), they just regurgitated apologist drivel. One of then even laughed when asked. One of them said Abraham must have been horrified by God's demand for the gild sacrifice. The other said what ever God said must be obeyed because it was right.

Anther thing they touched on was the verse that says who ever cursed his parents must be stoned to death. They provided historical context to it. They said historically people believed that curses worked and they explained how the ancients take this things ery serious. They believe that anybody that curses his parents is destroying the family as such deserves to die.

They also touched on the anybody that blaspheme the name of the Lord needs to be stoned to death. Context was provided on how the ancients revered the name.of the Lord and as such any body that blasphemes deserved to die . One of them compared stining to deatg to a firing squad, in that no one knows which rock killed the person, that it is the whole tribe that is participating in meting out justice to the offender.

Nothing was said about the bible being non contradictory. It remains you own made up lies.

All the people(apart from.two muslims) interviewed in the series are christian apologist and not the neutral people you are trying to sell here. The apologist are already committed to the bible. Majority are Rabbis and Reverends.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh what a way to carry out quick research! How many episodes is the documentary? Which one out of the episodes was shown by 12.30am today?

I know you love lying so as to discredit and you simply googled as i suggested grin grin grin

So how many series is in the documentary and which out of the episodes was aired last night.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh what a way to carry out quick research! How many series is the documentary? Which one out of the series was shown by 12.30am today?

I know you love lying so as to discredit and you simply googled as i suggested grin grin grin

So how many series is in the documentary and which out of the series was aired last night.

I've watched 2 episodes(not complete though) in the series and I watched it 2 years ago when I wasn't in Nigeria. I just watched snippets on YouTube not long ago.

You just love making things up.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

I've watched 2 episodes(not complete though) in the series and I watched it 2 years ago when I wasn't in Nigeria. I just watched snippets on YouTube not long ago.

You just love making things up.

Oh so now you admit there are various episodes so why call me a liar when you have not watched them all? Dalaman you need help seriously. You quickly tag people as liars when you were actually the one lying even going by your very comment here.

You never admitted to there being various episodes and you never admitted to not even watching the second episode completely but you still called me a liar.

cheesy cheesy cheesy issorait!
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

Oh so now you admit there are various episodes so why call me a liar when you have not watched them all? Dalaman you need help seriously. You quickly tag people as liars when you were actually the one lying even going by your very comment here.

You never admitted to there being various episodes and you never admitted to not even watching the second episode completely but you still called me a liar.

cheesy cheesy cheesy issorait!

I had already mentioned that there were episodes in my first post.

You only watched one episode and claimed that the people unanimously agreed that the bible contained no contradiction. That is a LIE. No such conclusion was made anywhere in the series. Stop making things up.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Ur repeating urself doesnt amount to substantiation.
Grow up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

I had already mentioned that there were episodes in my first post.

You only watched one episode and claimed that the people unanimously agreed that the bible contained no contradiction. That is a LIE. No such conclusion was made anywhere in the series. Stop making things up.

The episode shown last night was on Bible contradictions. grin grin

Why do you think i quickly invited PastorAIO and Liberadeus to tune in especially since we were also debating Bible contradictions last night?
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

The episode shown last night was on Bible contradictions. grin grin

Why do you think i quickly invited PastorAIO and Liberadeus to tune in especially since we were also debating Bible contradictions last night?

When will you stop telling lies? Which biblical contradictions were touched upon in the episode you watched yesterday? Hope you know that all the episodes are on YouTube?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

When will you stop telling lies? Which biblical contradictions were touched upon in the episode you watched yesterday? Hope you know that all the episodes are on YouTube?

If all are on youtube then tell me how many episodes are they in total. grin grin

I am getting used to the way you tag people as liars without even running any research of your own. Shows you desperately wish to win even before you have started. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
4everGod:

If all are on youtube then tell me how many episodes are they in total. grin grin

I am getting used to the way you tag people as liars without even running any research of your own. Shows you desperately wish to win even before you have started. cheesy cheesy

Am also used to the way you try to change the subject when caught telling lies. You lied that the episode you watched was on Bible contradictions. I asked what episode in the series is it and what parts of the biblical contradictions were discussed. I can easily watch it now on YouTube since it's available. Tell me the tittle.of the episode and I'll watch it..why is that a hard thing for you to do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? / Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.