Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (14459 Views)

Women From The Tomb- Another Bible Contradiction! / Bible Contradiction In The Book Of Genesis / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

You dont know what "fail" means.

"I told all eleven"

vs

" I told all eleven at once, in one place"

Are these 2 sentences the same?

When they came back it said they told all 11 disciples what happened. The writer of the article was all over the place trying to lie that Peter and John were in Jerusalem, while the others were in Bethany. He even suggested that the women divided, He also claimed that perhaps Mary Magdalene was separated from the other women and her John and Peter were in a different location.

Where does any of this appear in the bible? WHERE? Why is the apologist forming his own gospel? Why is he lying?

Obviously he has to tell lies and invent lies just to explain absurdities away.

The text in Luke says group of woman went to the tomb discovered that the tomb was missing, as they were wondering two men appeared and told them Jesus had risen, they now went back and told the disciples what they saw.

John said Mary Magdalene went to the tomb discovered missing body came and meet Peter and John told them and they came together to see.
This gospels were written decades apart and were not written by eye witnesses. They were written by Christians based on a hear say oral tradition. They were not written on the ground that all four will be someday put inside a book for comparison.

Lie as much as you can but those stories can not be harmonized with out more lies of "perhaps", "maybe", "assuming", " probably", "if muysuppositions are correct "and many other lies and assumptions that the original writers did not say.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

When they came back it said they told all 11 disciples what happened. The writer of the article was all over the place trying to lie that Peter and John were in Jerusalem, while the others were in Bethany. He even suggested that the women divided, He also claimed that perhaps Mary Magdalene was separated from the other women and her John and Peter were in a different location.

Where does any of this appear in the bible? WHERE? Why is the apologist forming his own gospel? Why is he lying?

Obviously he has to tell lies and invent lies just to explain absurdities away.

The text in Luke says group of woman went to the tomb discovered that the tomb was missing, as they were wondering two men appeared and told them Jesus had risen, they now went back and told the disciples what they saw.

John said Mary Magdalene went to the tomb discovered missing body came and meet Peter and John told them and they came together to see.
This gospels were written decades apart and were not written by eye witnesses. They were written by Christians based on a hear say oral tradition. They were not written on the ground that all four will be someday put inside a book for comparison.

Lie as much as you can but those stories can not be harmonized with out more lies of "perhaps", "maybe", "assuming", " probably", "if muysuppositions are correct "and many other lies and assumptions that the original writers did not say.

Ordinary Simple one line question,
Look at u, wobbling in paragraphs as usual.

As far back as primary school, we were taught importance of adjective of time.
But u have allowed atheism to cloud your memory. And yet call us liars.

people like u think the whole book of Luke took place in 5 minutes.

Thats porous.

If u cant tell me the difference between those two sentences I gave u above with yes or no.
It simply shows ur dishonesty.

please continue the cycle:

get caught ===> write another 2/3 paragraphs and generate another question ======> get caught again =======> Generate another paragraph

You started from Mark to Luke
Now u r in John

When u get to Revelations, let me know.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 9:49am On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

Ordinary Simple one line question,
Look at u, wobbling in paragraphs as usual.

As far back as primary school, we were taught importance of adjective of time.
But u have allowed atheism to cloud your memory. And yet call us liars.

people like u think the whole book of Luke took place in 5 minutes.

Thats porous.

If u cant tell me the difference between those two sentences I gave u above with yes or no.
It simply shows ur dishonesty.

please continue the cycle:

get caught ===> write another 2/3 paragraphs and generate another question ======> get caught again =======> Generate another paragraph

You started from Mark to Luke
Now u r in John

When u get to Revelations, let me know.
Shalom

Where in any part of the bible was it written that the ladies separated? Where was it written that the disciples were not together? Where was it written that Mary Magdalene was separated from the other women? Where? The guy was busy using maybe, probably, assuming, of my suppositions are true etc and you are hearing talking thrash. Where was any of his maybes and probably written inside the bible. He is just adding his own made up tales and lies to explain absurdity away. Why is he adding to what wasn't written? Use your own opened memory and tell me how the women discovered that Jesus body was not in the tomb as reported by Mark and explain the inconsistency with Luke.

Luke didn't happen in 5 mins but maybes, probably and I think is not the way to go. Anybody can use his or her own maybes, probably and assumptions as well. The author isn't the only person with wild assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2017
DP
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Where in any part of the bible was it written that the ladies separated? Where was it written that the disciples were not together? Where was it written that Mary Magdalene was separated from the other women? Where? The guy was busy using maybe, probably, assuming, of my suppositions are true etc and you are hearing talking thrash. Where was any of his maybes and probably written inside the bible. He is just adding his own made up tales and lies to explain absurdity away. Why is he adding to what wasn't written? Use your own opened memory and tell me how the women discovered that Jesus body was not in the tomb as reported by Mark and explain the inconsistency with Luke.

Luke didn't happen in 5 mins but maybes, probably and I think is not the way to go. Anybody can use his or her own maybes, probably and assumptions as well. The author isn't the only person with wild assumptions.

have u heard of "Argumentum ad Ignorantum"

A fallacy that says because something is not written, it is wrong or so so is right.

Please educate yourself. because You are very guilty of that fallacy.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 11:36am On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

have u heard of "Argumentum ad Ignorantum"

A fallacy that says because something is not written, it is wrong or so so is right.

Please educate yourself. because You are very guilty of that fallacy.

If something is not written it is simply not written. If I write a story and said MR A went to pint A. Saying that maybe Mr A went to point B which I never wrote about is adding to the story and that is the real fallacy.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 11:51am On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

Please quote the line verbatim.

Moreso,
Jesus appeared to her in John 20.
Thats already the distinguishing factor.

In Luke 24:5-8, we are told:

5...but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.

In Matthew 28:5-8, we are told:

5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you." 8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.

Note: They were filled with joy

Then, in John 20:11-13, presumably at the second visitation of Mary, as you mentioned, we are told:

11 Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12 and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. 13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?” “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.”

The question to you is: How does Mary leave the tomb, after remembering what the lord told her in Luke, even filled with joy in Matthew, only to return a second time in John, now crying that they have stolen the body of the Jesus? Or is the account in Matthew the third visitation?

5 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman,

I have every cause to believe that you didn't properly read that piece.

Or maybe you're lying just like atheists do to appear credible. Please where did Luke say the disciples were together?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
AgentOfAllah,

Please google "four accounts, one reality" and stop asking those uninformed questions.

Mary went with the company of women, but as they neared the sepulchre, she saw the stone rolled away and she left the rest and ran to inform Peter and John who were probably in nearby Jerusalem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
He asked a straight question, how about you give him a straight answer instead of asking him to google stuff. Can't you type whatever answer you found on google here since google is now the source of your spiritual insight?
DoctorAlien:
AgentOfAllah,

Please google "four accounts, one reality" and stop asking those uninformed questions.

Mary went with the company of women, but as they neared the sepulchre, she saw the stone rolled away and she left the rest and ran to inform Peter and John who were probably in nearby Jerusalem.

3 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
He asked a straight question, how about you give him a straight answer instead of asking him to google stuff. Can't you type whatever answer you found on google here since google is now the source of your spiritual insight?

I don't want the person who claims to be an atheist yet is pro-islam to ban me for plagiarism.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

If something is not written it is simply not written. If I write a story and said MR A went to pint A. Saying that maybe Mr A went to point B which I never wrote about is adding to the story and that is the real fallacy.

"If something is not written, its not written"

Has it gotten to that level?

I was expecting something that i have not heard before.
Please continue the Argumentum..
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by AgentOfAllah: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
AgentOfAllah,

I've read the link you refer me to in "Answersingenesis"; and neither it nor your deliberately bamboozling recap above - even if I'm to believe that it is not a total fabrication - addresses my tailored question which you patronisingly tagged "uninformed". (Argumentum ad hominem?)

If you recall, Felixomor said the account in John 20 chronicles the second arrival of Mary at the tomb, while the account in Luke was the first; so we can say my question is in fact informed by the trail of this very conversation we're having. Again, I ask: Why is it that in Luke, Mary remembered what she had been told before she left the tomb (and was even filled with joy according to Matthew); but then comes the second visitation, which chronologically succeeds Luke (and I assume Matthew); and suddenly, she relapses to the thought that the body had been stolen?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by alchemist13: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
AgentOfAllah,

Nonsense!

How can the same Mary Magdalene who "departed... with great... joy" in the Matthian account not contradict the apparently confused Mary Magdalene in the Johannine account? The Mary that had to be consoled by Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
What kind of excuse is this? Are you admitting that you don't know the answer to his question but that you merely rely on what others have written as explanations?
DoctorAlien:

I don't want the person who claims to be an atheist yet is pro-islam to ban me for plagiarism.

2 Likes

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by Ranchhoddas: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

I've read the link you refer me to in "Answersingenesis"; and neither it nor your deliberately bamboozling recap above - even if I'm to believe that it is not a total fabrication - addresses my tailored question which you patronisingly tagged "uninformed". (Argumentum ad hominem?)

If you recall, Felixomor said the account in John 20 chronicles the second arrival of Mary at the tomb, while the account in Luke was the first; so we can say my question is in fact informed by the trail of this very conversation we're having. Again, I ask: Why is it that in Luke, Mary remembered what she had been told before she left the tomb (and was even filled with joy according to Matthew); but then comes the second visitation, which chronologically succeeds Luke (and I assume Matthew); and suddenly, she relapses to the thought that the body had been stolen?
I am patiently waiting for the 'abracadabra' that will happen here.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by alchemist13: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

"If something is not written, its not written"

Has it gotten to that level?

I was expecting something that i have not heard before.
Please continue the Argumentum..
His argument is not that simply because something was not written, then it did not happen.

Rather, what I think he is trying to say is that we cannot know for sure about what is not written and therefore should notin anyway form the basis of an argument.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Again, mental blindness did not allow you to notice that Matthew didn't even mention the whole women that went: he mentioned just two. His account is not comprehensive.

The four accounts shed more light on the same event. Read that piece again, this time slowly.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
[s]
alchemist13:

Nonsense!

How can the same Mary Magdalene who "departed... with great... joy" in the Matthian account not contradict the apparently confused Mary Magdalene in the Johannine account? The Mary that had to be consoled by Jesus?
[/s]

Unintelligent fellow, please make it a new year resolution to practice reading and comprehension.

Matthew's account is by no means comprehensive. About 5 women went to the grave but he mentions only two. Bring out the "contradiction" in the 4 accounts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
dalaman,

I have every cause to believe that you didn't properly read that piece.

Or maybe you're lying just like atheists do to appear credible. Please where did Luke say the disciples were together?

Where did they write in the text that the disciples were separated? Where was Jerusalem or Bethany mentioned anywhere in the story? Where was it written that the women went separately to the tomb? Where?

1 Like

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by alchemist13: 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Again, mental blindness did not allow you to notice that Matthew didn't even mention the whole women that went: he mentioned just two. His account is not comprehensive.

The four accounts shed more light on the same event. Read that piece again, this time slowly.
Are you dense?
Surely the number of women is not the main concern here but Mary Magdalene who plays important but seemingly contradictory roles in atleast 3 of the accounts.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

Where did they write in the text that the disciples were separated? Where was Jerusalem or Bethany mentioned anywhere in the story? Where was it written that the women went separately to the tomb? Where?

That's appeal to ignorance.

Bye.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
[s]
alchemist13:

Are you dense?
Surely the number of women is not the main concern here but Mary Magdalene who plays important but seemingly contradictory roles in atleast 3 of the accounts.
[/s]

If you have nothing sensible to say, keep quiet. You look smarter like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
alchemist13:

His argument is not that simply because something was not written, then it did not happen.

Rather, what I think he is trying to say is that we cannot know for sure about what is not written and therefore should notin anyway form the basis of an argument.

Read carefully,
He is even guilty by that law.
It was never written that all the eleven disciples were told at once, in one place.

But he concluded that the eleven disciples were in one place at one time.
He is guilty too, my dear.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by jimmyjenseng(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

GOD sometimes declares things which will surely come to pass as already done. Jesus Christ is called "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" in Rev. 13:8. We know Jesus was slain only about 4000 years later.

So, when GOD told Hosea to go and marry a wife of whoredoms, He instructed him to go and marry a woman who would definitely become promiscuous. GOD has seen the heart of that young woman, and her tendencies towards adultery.

Oh my gee! I didn't see this. It's interesting how God acts in mysterious - or should I say weird - ways.

According to Holman's Version , Gomer will give birth to promiscuos children. Her whorish lifestyle will cause these children to follow her trade and this in turn will cause the society - at least - to fall into whoredom - a disease God wants to cleanse.
Also, these promiscuous people will be taken to the city and be stoned to death as it was the law in Israel at the time.
Deuteronomy 23:17-18 says:
<p><font color="red"> There shall be no LovePeddler of the daughter of israel or a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a LovePeddler, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.</font>
The above verses begs the question: Why turn against your standpoint on whoredom by asking a prophet to marry a LovePeddler who in turn would populate the land - a land which is supposed to be an example to other nations - with promiscuous children. Also, shouldn't God apologize to the whores who were stoned to death? If Gomer went free, I sense inconsistency in God's act and this negates the title "I'm an Impartial God."
I'm just thinking out loud.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
AgentOfAllah,

Where was this written in the gospel? Or did you just form your own gospel?
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
jimmyjenseng,

This question exposes your lack of knowledge of the character of GOD. GOD say He has no pleasure in the death of a sinner. That is the reason why GOD sends messengers who warn the people to turn from their sinful ways.

As far as we know, Gomer gave birth to the children and left her husband. The children must have been brought up under their father, who was a prophet of the living GOD.

Hosea went and redeemed Gomer from the hand of her lover with some amount, and GOD intended to, with that, teach the sinful nation of Israel how He's willing to redeem them from sin.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

That's appeal to ignorance.

Bye.

As usual when you have nothing to say the best thing is to run away. You are empty.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:
Where was this written in the gospel? Or did you just form your own gospel?

That's simply appeal to ignorance you're tryna do here.

You can latch on to that.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by DoctorAlien(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

As usual when you have nothing to say the best thing is to run away. You are empty.

Isn't it funny that when the events of the resurrection as reported by the evangelists are harmonized perfectly, the only thing you have to say is "where is that written?"?

You're full.

Full of ignorance. Please, have you any more sensible thing to say?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by dalaman: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

At least he has shown more sense than you that just agrees with the made up lies of another apologist that clearly makes things up to explain absurdity away. You refuse to touch the point he made instead you are tring to shade him with subliminal insults.
Re: Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" by felixomor: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.