Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Word "Love" Is A Scam. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Word "Love" Is A Scam. (4379 Views)

The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" / The Real Meaning Of The Word ” LOVE “ / Love And Its Misinterpretation-misuse Of The Word Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Love is real and not a scam smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Splinz(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Benita27:
Sexytemi who broke your heart?.

I just love falling inlove, you know that feeling when you love someone and after having a great conversation with him you keep smiling and people around you are like " why are you smiling?" but you just can't answer. grin

Love is a good thing, people abuse it these days.

You can say that again.

The thing is, people don't know what truly is LOVE. Love is simply outgoing concerns for others- putting others interest above yours.

Now when you love, do not love conditionally, i.e, expecting a return- reciprocation from the loved. For when your love is not return, you're bound to get hurt- heartbroken. So, we should simply love for loving sake.

This is love for me, and I know it's a hard saying to some people.

PS: Where there's betrayals, pains, heartbreaks and puff up; then there's no love there. But love does exist, and we're all products of it.

1 Like

Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
Benita27:
Your first sentence is the truth of the matter. grin

everything join cheesy tongue
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by zicoraads: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sexytemi:
The word love should be scrapped from dictionary and replaced with deceit, because of the word called love many have perished, many have being hurt and many are now monsters.
I always thought was a beautiful thing, but I can confidently tell you its a scam, never fall in love if you want to avoid nightmares, never fall in love if you want to avoid heartaches, never fall in love if you don't want to be disappointed.
Everyone should just date with no string attached, expect less from your lover and you'd save yourself from pains, never give your all in a relationship for it might end up crushing and demoralizing you, if it was possible go into a relationship with just the sole aim of gaining and not loving.
You see people who are mean to those they are dating and you call them heartless, please don't because they've been hurt and betrayed by love.
My dear, I wonder why you thought it did in the first place. Just enjoy your relationship while it lasts. _Fuck, eat, play, laugh...and when it ends, remember the good moments and wait for the next.

1 Like

Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
Splinz:

You can say that again.

The thing is, people don't know what truly is LOVE. Love is simply outgoing concerns for others- putting others interest above yours.

Now when you love, do not love conditionally, i.e, expecting a return- reciprocation from the loved. For when your love is not return, you're bound to get hurt- heartbroken. So, we should simply love for loving sake.

PS: Where there's betrayals, pains, heartbreaks and puff up; then there's no love there. But love does exist, and we're all products of it.
You said it all.
@ the embolden: what 'true love' is...is actually unconditional.
When you get hurt or someone didn't reciprocate the feelings, dust yourself and move on.
I always believe a better guy will show up, and it works provided you know your standard.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by pennytrate: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Benita27:
Lol.
Don't be, it means nothing to me.

♣ • → but the DP is meant for the public, and i know it means alot to them, don't complain when u start receiving random PMS ™ °°
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
Splinz:

You can say that again.

You said it all.
@ the embolden: what 'true love' is...is actually unconditional.
When you get hurt or someone didn't reciprocate the feelings, dust yourself and move on.
Believe a better guy will show up, and it works provided you know your standard, define the relationship so both of you will get a clear cut of what you need from each other.

Abeg!, love is sweet joor!. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
pennytrate:

♣ • → but the DP is meant for the public, and i know it means alot to them, don't complain when u start receiving random PMS ™ °°
Lol. cheesy
PMs are always random, or don't you receive random PMs even as guy?.

There's the dismiss button, complaining isn't my specialty. grin
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by pennytrate: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Benita27:
Lol. cheesy
PMs are always random, or don't you receive random PMs even as guy?.

There's the dismiss button, complaining isn't my specialty. grin

♣ • → ok, uhm that ass though undecided °°
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by khiaa(f): 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
BrooklynTheBully:
Your fellow ladies did both their white and traditional wedding this year and some will also be doing the same next year, and you dey here dey yarn say "love is a scam".... My sister, continue OoO... cheesy

Getting married isn't a guarantee that you are loved, there are many deceitful people who marry for citizenship, just because they think they should or for money, but there are rare marriages(in your culture) that take place on genuine love, caring, respect, honor, of each other regardless of money, but money seems to be the glue that binds.
Lol grin Ok, I don't know this for sure just going by the many stories and complaints on Nairaland. grin
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by BrooklynTheBully: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
khiaa:

[s]Getting married isn't a guarantee that you are loved, there do many deceitful people who marry for citizenship, just because they think they should or for money, but there are rare marriages(in your culture) that take place on genuine love, caring, respect, honor, of each other[/s] .

cheesy grin

Madame, the last time I checked you have the choice of marrying whomever you think deserves the best of you for this 20th century... So what are you tryna say?? undecided
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by khiaa(f): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
BrooklynTheBully:

cheesy grin

Madame, the last time I checked you have the choice of marrying whomever you think deserves the best of you for this 20th century... So what are you tryna say?? undecided
lol grin reread my post.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
There's no such thing as love
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by BrooklynTheBully: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
khiaa:
lol grin reread my post.
cheesy grin

Nah, you proofread your post and make the necessary corrections instead tongue
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sexytemi:
The word love should be scrapped from dictionary and replaced with deceit, because of the word called love many have perished, many have being hurt and many are now monsters.
I always thought was a beautiful thing, but I can confidently tell you its a scam, never fall in love if you want to avoid nightmares, never fall in love if you want to avoid heartaches, never fall in love if you don't want to be disappointed.
Everyone should just date with no string attached, expect less from your lover and you'd save yourself from pains, never give your all in a relationship for it might end up crushing and demoralizing you, if it was possible go into a relationship with just the sole aim of gaining and not loving.
You see people who are mean to those they are dating and you call them heartless, please don't because they've been hurt and betrayed by love.
I feel you sister but we are just human... Sometimes you can't help but fall helplessly in love. Don't worry, your soul mate is around the corner. Stay positive.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by cyeln(f): 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
there is no such word as "love"
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by khiaa(f): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2016
BrooklynTheBully:

cheesy grin

Nah, you proofread your post and make the necessary corrections instead tongue

I did, that's why I said reread it. grin grin Why did you cross out everything that I typed except the part about money? grin
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by BrooklynTheBully: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2016
khiaa:

I did, that's why I said reread it. grin grin Why did you cross out everything that I typed except the part about money? grin

cheesy grin

Lol, I crossed everything out now tongue ... what did you mean?? cheesy
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by louiskay(m): 9:11am On Dec 30, 2016
zicoraads:

My dear, I wonder why you thought it did in the first place. Just enjoy your relationship while it lasts. _Fuck, eat, play, laugh...and when it ends, remember the good moments and wait for the next.

What a summation.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by khiaa(f): 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
BrooklynTheBully:

cheesy grin

Lol, I crossed everything out now tongue ... what did you mean?? cheesy

I meant that I have read so many complaints on Nairaland from men about nigerian women being gold-diggers, and I tried to explain to them that if they (the men) would stop portraying themselves as simps and stop providing material things to these women whom they barely know then they (the women) would have to learn how to provide for themselves, then maybe they would learn to appreciate how hard the men work to earn money that they (the women) seem to throw away on BS (designer labels) not realising or caring that all they are doing is making that designer richer and their men poorer that being said, money can't buy love and according to some posters, that is the main or only reason people are getting married in Nigeria.

Oh, men please stop telling women you just met that you love them, that is so pathetic and a quick turn off to a woman. sad When you do this you are opening up yourselves to be used. In some women minds she's thinking "Oh he loves me, well let him prove it" and that is when the constant begging begins. Damn! Women should be so embarrassed to constantly beg a man for material things, I am disgusted everytime I read about this, but again the men are at fault.
Sorry for the long lecture but some issues makes my blood boil. grin
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by jamalchance(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2017
Wow ... Finally a topic heading that makes sense and i havent even read d body
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Donjazzy12(m): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2017
Sexytemi:
Your boyfriend stopped spending on you ba?
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Sexytemi(f): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Your boyfriend stopped spending on you ba?

Must everything be about money, or do you think its every girl that cares about money?, if you know nothing about me dont judge me.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Donjazzy12(m): 9:56am On Nov 12, 2017
Sexytemi:

Must everything be about money, or do you think its every girl that cares about money?, if you know nothing about me dont judge me.
That is usually why most girls of nowadays declare love dead!
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Sexytemi(f): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2017
Donjazzy12:

That is usually why most girls of nowadays declare love dead!

Well,money wasn't the reason I declared love dead, betrayal, lies, deceit and unfaithfulness was why.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Donjazzy12(m): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2017
Sexytemi:

Well,money wasn't the reason I declared love dead, betrayal, lies, deceit and unfaithfulness was why.

Well you dont have any right to declare love dead just because you have a bad experience.

There is betrayal, lies, deceit and unfaithfulness everywhere not just in loving relationships. Besides, all those vices you mentioned just defines who has them. That is the persons character. It doesn't matter whether he loves or hates someone, he will still cheat, betray or decieve.

There are also a lot of people who do not have such character, fall in love with such people and see the difference.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Sexytemi(f): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Well you dont have any right to declare love dead just because you have a bad experience.

There is betrayal, lies, deceit and unfaithfulness everywhere not just in loving relationships. Besides, all those vices you mentioned just defines who has them. That is the persons character. It doesn't matter whether he loves or hates someone, he will still cheat, betray or decieve.

There are also a lot of people who do not have such character, fall in love with such people and see the difference.

in this age, I think such people are dead.sadsad
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Donjazzy12(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sexytemi:

in this age, I think such people are dead.sadsad

No. I think your sense of reasoning is dead.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Teaser4(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
heartbreak sucks I can feel your pain bae, but you gotta move on, you'll eventually fall in love again and again.... irony of life.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Sexytemi(f): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Donjazzy12:

No. I think your sense of reasoning is dead.

Hmm mm, my sense of reasoning dead?, now do you see what I'm talking about..
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Donjazzy12(m): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sexytemi:

Hmm mm, my sense of reasoning dead?, now do you see what I'm talking about..
You are not making sense anymore.
Re: The Word "Love" Is A Scam. by Youngpo413: 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
Sexytemi:

Break heart, I wish it was only that, but the deceit in form of "I love you" is pathetic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Marries Best Friend's Dad, Now They All Vacation Together (photos) / I Think My Mother In Law Has Corona Virus So I Have Quarantined Her / If You Zoom This Picture, You Will Die!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.