Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks (6589 Views)

Why Men Like Confident Women. / Are Nairaland Guys Too confident of their looks? / Why Are Guys Too Confident, And Girls Lack Confidence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
How do you feel about a man who is obsessed about his looks? I remember my ex had a lot of creams, perfumes, soaps and I somewhat felt "dirty" when I was with him, as in I didn't take care of myself as much as he did.

I have nothing against handsome men but when they are overly confident it can become disturbing. undecided I the woman should be making shakara, not him. tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by yme1(f): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
sucks in bed too tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ahhahahaha. Gosh a lot like that on NL. grin grin

They are whack.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Mrblazer(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
I dont get it. What do you mean?
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
When a man's confident about his looks. . .  Free him!

When a woman's confident about her looks. . .  Free her!

How they are in bed doesn't count tongue tongue tongue

Only those who aint got it whinge about these things grin grin grin
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
Abeg shakara nor good for man. undecided
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
michelin89:

But e good for woman abi? grin grin
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by yme1(f): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
whitelexi:

When a man's confident about his looks. . .  Free him!

When a woman's confident about her looks. . .  Free her!

How they are in bed doesn't count tongue tongue tongue
Only those who aint got it whinge about these things grin grin grin
who says it doesnt angry
it counts and it is very important tongue

michelin89:

lol grin

whitelexi:

But e good for woman abi? grin grin
nope
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2009
guys who are too confident about their looks ain't that good looking after all, the
most good looking people are the humblest people who act as if they are not even
fine.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
Even for woman too much shakara s bad. She is likely an empty vessel. But for a man to even make shakara that sucks. Sounds gay.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
michelin89:

Even for woman too much shakara s bad. She is likely an empty vessel. But for a man to even make shakara that sucks. Sounds gay.

It sucks cos u dont like it, free the guy to feel funky with himself abeg. All the double standards wey una dey introduce dey confuse person. . .  today it is if u've got it then flaunt it, tomorrow na "it sucks", haba!!

y me:

who says it doesnt angry

Its always an added advantage to have both looks and skills, everybody sabi that one.

u wey dey talk, u get skills? u fine?? tongue

rokiatu:

guys who are too confident about their looks ain't that good looking after all, the
most good looking people are the humblest people who act as if they are not even
fine.

Its the same with una girls, but thats not always how its percieved. tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Secretz(f): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
If the women nor give them so much attention then these guys would not be doing shakara, therefore not allowing them to be too confident about their looks.

y me:

who says it doesnt angry
lol grin
nope

I concur!  kiss
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
Secretz:

If the women nor give them so much attention then these guys would not be doing shakara, therefore not allowing them to be too confident about their looks.

I concur! kiss

u don run concur grin grin grin

its not one-sided, and its not only about words tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by vanitty: 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
My guy is exactly like that, he is very good-looking with the most amazing dimples and he knows it, he is so so vain, he takes pictures every second and he has almost 500 pictures on his phone all him and just a few of me, his mummy and siblings.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
Double standards? You men brought up the myth of the macho man.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ vanitty

I am sure he never compliments you. undecided
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by iice(f): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
Too confident about his looks = boring.  That usually takes up the whole conversation, life and beyond.  Same goes for women.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by jaybee3(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
becomes arrogant and as an end product at least most times gets free ride to pus.yland.
Some girls love 'em when they are arrogant. na lie secretz?
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

My guy is exactly like that, he is very good-looking with the most amazing dimples and he knows it, he is so so vain, he takes pictures every second and he has almost 500 pictures on his phone all him and just a few of me, his mummy and siblings.
what a turn off undecided try telling him that humility is more hotter.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by xynerise: 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
When a man is too confident about his looks makes him dumb. He only cares about himself alone and he is selfish. He thinks he is the most handsome guy on earth but what he has is a broken mirror. Too confident = Pride.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by vanitty: 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ Michellin Nope he never angry Kidding he does
I am actually used to him by now, when we first started i used to be so annoyed and irritated but now it is just normal, i tell him a lot that his looks will fade then what?
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by vanitty: 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
rokiatu, how does humility relates to liking yourself a bit too much undecided
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2009
Just cos a guy is confident, u say he's dumb and boring??  Jeezzzz

I think some people here are not so confident about their own looks angry
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2009
I get irritated by guys like that and eventhough I may like them, I end up telling them off and asking them to buzz off. You wan come dey compete with me for shakara? tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ Lexi

My ex had more creams than me! shocked shocked Nor be say he fine oo, but he was always so concerned about his looks. He spends his salaries in shoes and clothes. cheesy cheesy
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
Whether u fine or not, thats how u were created. . .  u should find one aspect of u that gives u confidence and stick to it otherwise u will be moody and boring and so conscious of it that u'll even be dumb!
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by whitelexi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
michelin89:

@ Lexi

My ex had more creams than me! shocked shocked Nor be say he fine oo, but he was always so concerned about his looks. He spends his salaries in shoes and clothes. cheesy cheesy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin

thats a different case altogether grin grin grin
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
Why na? The boy thinks he is the most handsome boy on Earth and even girls who thought he was ugly have changed their minds. grin grin

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
I find that the not so attractive ones are the ones that shout too much about their looks lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. The goodlooking ones dont need to talk.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Secretz(f): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
jay bee:

becomes arrogant and as an end product at least most times gets free ride to pus.yland.
Some girls love 'em when they are arrogant. na lie secretz?

Yes oooo, there are plenty of girls that like that kain rubbish. I hate arrogant-ness especially when it's derived from thinking they are soo hottt.  tongue

iice:

Too confident about his looks = boring.  That usually takes up the whole conversation, life and beyond.  Same goes for women.

Exactly. Their brains are often empty.  tongue

Ebonyeyes:

I find that the not so attractive ones are the ones that shout too much about their looks lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. The goodlooking ones dont need to talk.

You are sooo right.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

rokiatu, how does humility relates to liking yourself a bit too much undecided
offcourse everyone ought to like themselves but too much leads to arrogance and
arrogance and humility do not get along.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by vanitty: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
and where in my post did i say he was arrogant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After Hours On Waiting for Her, She Comes Out Looking Like This. . . / Sexual(dirty)questions To Ask A Girl / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.