Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here (44131 Views)

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy / My MIL Is Driving Me Craazzy. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by GodsLastBorn: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
bamidelee:
I think you should show her you are man
asking her to contribute to household upkeep is not alright. make your plans and excute them by doing this she would no you are not joking
you're the husband you have to plan to invest not only building your house cos you don't know what tomorrow might come with therefore plan for Harmattan
buy property in her name and keep ie after you've been executing your plans, that will make her respect you better
dear don't fight her
handle her with maturity
WTF is this bro? Respect can never ever be bought but only be earned. In this cold world you have to study people, treat them how the deserve to be treated and ensure no one walks all over you especially females, the are masters at that which is exactly what the ops wife is doing. God first, you & your good family members and loved ones second and other things will follow. He dropped his respect long ago and hes currently payung for it but now he has to go back and earn it. The kingdom of the lord suffereth violence and violence taketh it by force, wisdom and patience is now the key. I don't think her wife is the kind you can sweet talk into doing or not doing things or maybe he has lost that skill or effect based on lack of respect. Guys never let go of your manhood( wisdom, right, good principles) or else :-)) when the chickens comes back to roost it won't be funny at all. Recognize a problem, device the best means to solve it and start solving it. Kissing up to her will never play any good told in solving his problem rather kissing her azz is what got him where he is today. We love to spend on our gf/wife and whatnot but always have the NO prescription and learn how to inject it from time to time. Always doing or giving a woman whatever she wants ( unnecessary demands) all the time have never helped the male folks in history ask bro Adam, David, Solomon abi OGA Samson till date.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by ebby9z(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Sunnypar:
do t be quick to say that! He who wears the shoes knows where it pinches
Yes I know. That's why I pray God gives me a good wife.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
GodsLastBorn:
WTF is this bro? Respect can never ever be bought but only be earned. In this cold world you have to study people, treat them how the deserve to be treated and ensure no one walks all over you especially females, the are masters at that which is exactly what the ops wife is doing. God first, you & your good family members and loved ones second and other things will follow. He dropped his respect long ago and hes currently payung for it but now he has to go back and earn it. The kingdom of the lord suffereth violence and violence taketh it by force, wisdom and patience is now the key. I don't think her wife is the kind you can sweet talk into doing or not doing things or maybe he has lost that skill or effect based on lack of respect. Guys never let go of your manhood( wisdom, right, good principles) or else :-)) when the chickens comes back to roost it won't be funny at all. Recognize a problem, device the best means to solve it and start solving it. Kissing up to her will never play any good told in solving his problem rather kissing her azz is what got him where he is today. We love to spend on our gf/wife and whatnot but always have the NO prescription and learn how to inject it from time to time. Always doing or giving a woman whatever she wants ( unnecessary demands) all the time have never helped the male folks in history ask bro Adam, David, Solomon abi OGA Samson till date.
everything you said is true but at the same time if his not been diplomatic about it the marriage may not last. the guy made a mistake by buying everything for the lady at first but once the knife had done the evil the next thing is not to throw away the knife. let him man up first and use wisdom with the woman
that's my summation
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by nairamaniac: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
DrogoG:

Any woman (whether beautiful or ugly or rich or poor) who really loves you, won't stress you out to buy her Gucci bag or diamond ring. That's a fact!

Any woman who wants to live large on your money with total disregard for your feelings, doesn't love you!
If you toast a woman you hope to marry with money, she'll love the money first and then "love" you only for spending a lot on her. I'm sure that's not the kind of love you want in your marriage

If you meet a woman you hope to have a long relationship with, spend far less in the beginning and focus more in knowing each other. You can spend on her the way you want only after you're sure she really loves you and she's the one.

Remember, a woman who would still love you without money, does not need money to know or love you.
u are on point on all u sed, but u misunderstood me a bit. I never sed she would stress u to spend. I sed u would be inspired to spend, voluntarily.
Whatever attracted you yo her I'm the first place needs maintenance.

Most of these conservative/deciplinary rules depends on the hawtness, beauty, standard of the girl also.

End of the day, I think I would prefar if my wife loves me because of money, than her managing poverty, sufferings or inconveniences with me.

Truth is, if as a guy you have swag, charisma, good character and also very wealthy. All other attributes in you would outshine your wealth and make your woman love you for all those other stuffs you have in you more than the wealth you have or spend on her.

Moral to the story: let your charisma and personality always outshine your wealth. Don't let your success or wealth consume the real you.
So you see, it cuts both ways.

IMHO, Though
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Coldfeet(f): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
GodsLastBorn:
you and coldfee.t are very funny based on naivety. Why would a loaded guy come here, an online forum to seek such nonsense as " letting the females know he's loaded"? And the worse part is that you even encouraged coldf.eet smh. In similar discourse pls you can try not to comment if what you want to post makes no sense or helps the op, thanks.
@Op
You are the architect of your problem, Never ever let your partner know how much you have, salary until she proves herself and even after she proved herself you still don't let her know about 50 or 40% of your financial status. This advice have saved a lot of wise men. That's what saved an uncle of mine after his wife divorced him and he's grateful to God that he did so and more but that's a story for another day.
You guys are newly married and you're supposed to have a separate account (set up a trustfund)where you are to be saving money for your future children's education to avoid hbp of how to pay schools fees in future and to ensure they get good education and another account where you can save up money for rainy days, unforseen circumstances, projects and more. Life is all about good plans and execution so it really drives me crazy that your wife is doing this, it pisses me off that in such economic situation that a human being with brains will be lavishing anothers savings ( you gave her the right to do so) based on the excuse that she's a wife?! Not that she's Babangida's or Abacha's daughter. This has to stop and it depends on you, you better man up and be ready for the temptations she's going to throw at you, nagging, silent treatment, emotional blackmail and more but but never let her manipulate you and use wisdom, don't engage her but study her. Her personality will determine how far you will have to go before she learns because now its no more a discussion issue, sometimes women are like children. Some kids, you talk to them and the understand and follow the instructions while some other kids you have to use action to a certain degree before the understand you.
Sorry to say this, your wife doesn't respect you or your opinion and getting it back will take some sacrifice which I don't think you're ready to do from your mindset. Find your càhónes/balls before you completely loose it.

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 05, 2017
maysimsimple:

Already done that bro... She's reasoning irrationally, from her comments I'll know bird of same feathers... U know d rest bro.. Panadol for my headache. Imagine, when am not d op....

te author=KAYD007 post=52515998]

my guy, ignore that lady!

You are free to ignore me, but God is not ignoring you and how you have treated your wife and marriage.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:

You are free to ignore me, but God is not ignoring you and how you have treated your wife and marriage.

Hey, dont u ever get tired in meddling in people's issue. U can't even tell if u re OK, n u call urself foreign teller or na fortune. Be sensible for once. I never treated my wife badly n God is my witness. If she was tolerant, respecting me, we'll not b in this situation. Pls stop quoting me if u don't have anything sensible to say. I wonder how u mention God in every of ur comments! Miss or Mrs, d most high that I serve will never leave my side. Onutago.....

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2017
maysimsimple:

Hey, dont u ever get tired in meddling in people's issue. U can't even tell if u re OK, n u call urself foreign teller or na fortune. Be sensible for once. I never treated my wife badly n God is my witness. If she was tolerant, respecting me, we'll not b in this situation. Pls stop quoting me if u don't have anything sensible to say. I wonder how u mention God in every of ur comments! Miss or Mrs, d most high that I serve will never leave my side. Onutago.....

You have a hardened heart. Your wife is seeking reconciliation and here you are on NL chasing skirts. I pray you are released from the evil spirit that is trying to break your marriage.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:

You have a hardened heart. Your wife is seeking reconciliation and here you are on NL chasing skirts. I pray you are released from the evil spirit that is trying to break your marriage.

Hey Miss, I know u re enjoying this. I don't have an hardened heart. Don't even know y am replying, maybe u are trying to be sensible. I'm not chasing anything here. Check my comments to see for yourself. We are not compatible simple... U are the one whom need to be cleansed n Sanctified from the evil spirit in u. Anytime u are in 9ja let me know, will take you to my church for that..
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
maysimsimple:

Hey Miss, I know u re enjoying this. I don't have an hardened heart. Don't even know y am replying, maybe u are trying to be sensible. I'm not chasing anything here. Check my comments to see for yourself. We are not compatible simple... U are the one whom need to be cleansed n Sanctified from the evil spirit in u. Anytime u are in 9ja let me know, will take you to my church for that..

This has nothing to do with my enjoyment. You need to see your errors and take your wife home. Chasing girls on NL is not a good path for you. You will regret it if you don't do the right thing and save your marriage.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=FortuneTeller post=52560392]

This has nothing to do with my enjoyment. You need to see your errors and take your wife home. Chasing girls on NL is not a good path for you. You will regret it if you don't do the right thing and save your marriage.[/quot

It wasn't my fault my marriage hit the rock. FYI, i'm not chasing any girls on here. This is a blind man spot. Have done the right thing time n over again. I guess u are not married!
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=FortuneTeller post=52560392]

This has nothing to do with my enjoyment. You need to see your errors and take your wife home. Chasing girls on NL is not a good path for you. You will regret it if you don't do the right thing and save your marriage.[/quo

Get back with someone that won't hesitate to poison me? I don't want to believe u're a joke! I can give u my name on facebook to checkout n hers too if u want. Been there, done that...
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
maysimsimple:

Get back with someone that won't hesitate to poison me? I don't want to believe u're a joke! I can give u my name on facebook to checkout n hers too if u want. Been there, done that...

You want to lie on your wife and find excuses for your wayward behavior. I don't believe she tried to poison you. However she may have been worried you would do the same to her. She feared you were trying to do a money ritual on her by your admission. She was in fear of her life so much that she fled to her parents' home. It is your marriage, but remember God is watching you.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=FortuneTeller post=52565945]

You want to lie on your wife and find excuses for your wayward behavior. I don't believe she tried to poison you. However she may have been worried you would do the same to her. She feared you were trying to do a money ritual on her by your admission. She was in fear of her life so much that she fled to her parents' home. It is your marriage, but remember God is watching you.[/quo

A round of applause, clap for yourself....
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by kaboninc(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
maysimsimple

You no dey tire?

Just allow her be.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
kaboninc:
maysimsimple

You no dey tire?

Just allow her be.

OK sir. I will
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by bastuch: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hi, women are like breastfeeding babies. When you want to wean the baby, it will kick and cry and fall sick but if you insist on stopping the breastfeeding, the baby will get over it. You can't have your wife be that reckless with money. So she has to know the party is over. You decide how much should be spent and insist on it. She would make noise initially but when she realises you are for real, she will chill. No kidding. Just don't give in. Stand your grounds. After sometime, she will turn out to be the one accusing you of spending too much. Women respect men who say things and mean it. Just try it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Fedayeen02: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2017
Dfinex:

thank God for a changed perception.

reminds me of an ex who thought I wasn't classy and trendy cos I'll rather stay at home and do chores and prolly watch tv instead of wearing flashy clothes and junketeer with him around town, to cinemas, hotels, fun parks, etc.

but alas....today he misses that quiet natured lady in me like crazy.

Lies
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Dfinex(f): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Lies
Mr. Sabinus, I greet u sir
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by frozen70(f): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
How do couples with different spending patterns cope

my partner is driving me crazy, we have been fighting about everything that has to do with money, she is kinda of lavish and i am prudent. It is really frustrating, she sees me as a miser. She has this idea the higher the cost the more quality, but i know this is not necessary the case. at least from experience, i know how people inflate prices , i try to spend on actual value. I have sat her down and explained to her. How we should nt waste, she promises to change but next thing she is back to the basics.

I also think i may be partially responsible for this, during our courtship, i use to lavish her with very expensive gifts. which to me shd nt be a crime, I wasnt spending beyond my means and there is nothing wrong in giving your woman some exclusive treats once in a while what now bothers me is she expects the cinderella story will continue forever.

There was a day the argument got so intense, she began to say very uncool stuff, on hw she know i hate spending on her and always complain. i really felt hurt. She never looks at the big picture, it is always the most expensive stuff she wants, whenever we do anything.

Our counseling was rushed and proper attention wasnt given to finances and all, everyone just believes she is a well behaved girl. We just got married, I really dont know how i missed this earlier during courtship, but it really causing alot of whahala in our home. The funny part is most of this so called expenses are usually to be solely footed by me. My wife has not for one day called me to say she too will contribute this amount for this or that. I dont complain, or expect, where i have problem is when i decide to pay and she complains it is nt good enough. Am sure if her money was involved she would understand what i mean.

Currently i earn more than her, i found a temporary solution which is to keep her out of the financial decisions, Whenever. i want to buy stuff for the house I dont consult her anymore, i just go and buy the stuff and return home showing her i bought it, instead of the normal asking her which is better and she picks and we begin to fight and argue. This is temporal and actually not the best but what can i do? The fights are just getting to me.

When we started i used to expose her to how much I had and all and plans to maybe get a land and all and maybe start bulding. She knows how much i earn and all. but i dont think she is matured to handled some of these things. And i guess cos she knows of the money available (my saivngs) this is why she just goes for the most expensive and all and just acts lavish.

I had to lie to her that i was scammed of several of millions through MMM to make her forget about the available cash.

Just imagine the rubbish i have to go through.

See me see whahala , me and my own wife again.

Is anyone dating a partner with an opposite spending habit.

Can you share and let me learn how you overcame this problem.
This is the time for you to prove to her that you want her to see your kind of person and you have stopped being stupid, you have to let her know that you worked her for your money and you spend it account how it comes.
This time around be strict with financial matters and other things that need discipline to handle. Don't look up for her to contribute by the time she discovered that you are a changed man her head will come down.
Hope ahead with your future plans and don't tell her most if your plans keep her in the dark until she begged you that she is ready to cooperate with you.
Marriage is not friendship where you can do as you. Like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son / Dilemma: Would She Be A Problem For Me In Future ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.