Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here (44138 Views)

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy / My MIL Is Driving Me Craazzy. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by LordIsaac(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
Well, let me add that, I can never lower my standards because I don't want to make a girl know I am rich. Infact, I'd let her see and enjoy from it at my discretion. The day polite requests turn to demand, that is the end of my benevolence...whatever betides, learn to lay down the rules from the beginning. Women don't operate on logic, try to reason with them and they will hate you. However, they know when a man is firm. Stand your ground. You are not the first weak man, Adam was weak on Eve; Samson was weak on Delilah...and the list goes on. But to avoid future dangerous consequences, stand your ground today!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by LordIsaac(m): 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
I think the OP kneeled to propose....kneel to appeal to her senses, she may hear...
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
maysimsimple:
Yes miss, at d bolded. That's what I made it look like. I can't stop thanking God I did that, n He showed me her true colour. I changed my line, she tried getting thru to me after 5 months, but couldn't, she call a friend of mine to know if she can get thru to me. This said friend of mine asked her did u regret packing out of ur matrimonial home for no just cause, yes I regretted it was her response. So y did u pack out? Her answer will shock u..... She answered I want to use her do Ogun owo. Do u understand Yoruba?

The hardship became too much. After going far with your wife, you became so intolerable she suspected you of wanting to perform a money ritual. You need to repent and beg for your wife. Stop lamenting on NL and realize you are the primary cause of this matter.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=FortuneTeller post=52502837]

The hardship became too much. After going far with your wife, you became so intolerable she suspected you of wanting to perform a money ritual. You need to repent and beg for your wife. Stop lamenting on NL and realize you are the primary cause of this matter.[/quot

Reason why I said u don't know me. More so, u have no idea who my ex-wife was. Can't stop laughing at every of ur comments. I live with d Lord Jesus Christ in my heart. If u re married I pray n if u are not, I pray n decree, ur marital home will be filled with milk n honey,in this 2017 olu ijo mimo will be d guide n guard of ur family. I pray ur relationship is not built on lies n deceit. Ur Inlaws will not be a torn in ur flesh, they will not be morons. Celestial mimo is what I know. My sister... Peace

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
Genea:
Eeeeehya, I'm still single, can't relate wink
lol single ko,searching ni grin
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
wetin happen to ur seat belt bro grin
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by maysimsimple(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=FortuneTeller post=52502837]

The hardship became too much. After going far with your wife, you became so intolerable she suspected you of wanting to perform a money ritual. You need to repent and beg for your wife. Stop lamenting on NL and realize you are the primary cause of this matter.[/quot

I never bothered to go thru ur profile or comments on other thread. But, with this ur last Comment have to check out ur comments. U are having a misconception about this person here. I understand u be talking as a lady, fair enough. Their was no hardship, I attend celestial n I always pray to God anyday, the thought of harming someone so I can get rich, d good lord should take my life. From ur comments u don't stay in 9ja. It's a cold world ma'am. D risk, d pain n d sacrifice that I gave into my marriage.. Uhmmmm
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Mobsync(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
overcomer123:
How do couples with different spending patterns cope

I clicked on your profile and I saw all the topics you created regarding your wife. You even almost canceled the wedding. Her problem started before now and with the way things are, would lead to divorce. I suggest you two visit a counselor.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by engrelvis(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
Every marriage has it own challenge. This is yr own,handle it n stop whinning like a child .every woman has a weak point .pet her .u don't correct a woman when she is angry. It seem communication is yr problem
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by biggie73(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
I have similar problem. After all efforts to save the situation failed, I do the financial decisions alone. At the end of the day, the buck stops on your desk.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Dfinex(f): 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
klassic:
Currently thanking God. Cos I thought my wife had issues with spending cash I nor sabi say God use am bless me. If I give her 200k this month, she Will only spend on basics and manage the weekly cash I drop. Six months time when I need emergency cash, that money fit done reach 250-300k for me to borrow first cos she nor dey even spend the salaries I pay her. No unnecessary spending and I saw this as not being classy or trendy. As she will rather make her dress than buy and I love her to spend the money, buy some trendy outfit, some good stuff but one na lie. She go rather make couples dress for two and keep the change than buy same for some thousands. Anytime I give her cash, na me come even dey spend am again cos she will save it all over the house. I never really valued it until now.

thank God for a changed perception.

reminds me of an ex who thought I wasn't classy and trendy cos I'll rather stay at home and do chores and prolly watch tv instead of wearing flashy clothes and junketeer with him around town, to cinemas, hotels, fun parks, etc.

but alas....today he misses that quiet natured lady in me like crazy.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Genea(f): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
konjishild:

lol single ko,searching ni grin
haters gonna hate
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
Which women? Haven't you the told that it is very rude to generalise?

Joe4lv:
My brother,I must say is always like that with women but your wife's own is much though. You didn't make mistakes in lavishing some stuffs on her during courtship but you seem not to have given her the idea that you are broke before and so she thinks your money grows like tree.

Once in a while,give a woman an idea that you're broke and watch her reaction. It will give you a better picture of her. She likes good things probably but you should get your wife a mentor. Either a woman in your church or someone she respects so much either in her office or neighborhood.

Don't take it to the point of one day,hitting her as I know those stuffs she is doing will make you look less of a man but hang on and and get a woman figure to help out.

Lastly,make her contribute in getting some things in the house so you don't kill yourself as a man. She is not there to just cook,give birth and be good in the other room but to also support you financially.

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
maysimsimple:
I never bothered to go thru ur profile or comments on other thread. But, with this ur last Comment have to check out ur comments. U are having a misconception about this person here. I understand u be talking as a lady, fair enough. Their was no hardship, I attend celestial n I always pray to God anyday, the thought of harming someone so I can get rich, d good lord should take my life. From ur comments u don't stay in 9ja. It's a cold world ma'am. D risk, d pain n d sacrifice that I gave into my marriage.. Uhmmmm

Yes I am abroad, so it is much easier to leave your husband's home due to financial opportunities. But I know it is not so at home. From 2011 you were living well with your wife, but in 2016 she packed out of your home. I imagine, it was hard for your wife to make the decision. She saw a new husband in 2016. Her loving husband of many years turned wicked. She woke up to a man who was unkind, ungiving, and hard hearted. Imagine you are a dog and your owner gives you plentiful food every day. One day the owner throws you a bone. The owner no longer pets your head and chats, but walks away with a mumble. Initially you think there is a mistake, but as weeks go on, you know that something terrible has taken place. Your wife thought her life was in danger, so she went to the protection of her family. I also see you are quite the flirt of NL by all the ladies you follow. God is not pleased with you. You better get your wife before it's too late.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
The OP could really be a miser who thinks himself not and his wife could really be the spendthrift in the relationship. Either way, it is not our business. You have families and friends....Consult them!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
I think you should show her you are man
asking her to contribute to household upkeep is not alright. make your plans and excute them by doing this she would no you are not joking
you're the husband you have to plan to invest not only building your house cos you don't know what tomorrow might come with therefore plan for Harmattan
buy property in her name and keep ie after you've been executing your plans, that will make her respect you better
dear don't fight her
handle her with maturity
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
I wonder where men find this kind of women, honestly shocked

women are known to be prudent spenders and money managers.

How on earth did op end up with a woman who has no plans for the future and just wants to spend ?

how kwanu

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by CuteTj(m): 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
You forgot to add the bolded in the second sentence
idupaul:
This is the type of girl that goes to a shop to ask if they have peak milk from holland grin
cutetj:
whereas she can't spend her own money to buy peak from Nigeria not to talk of the one from Holland
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by newyorks(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
he who brought home fire wood invites lizard as his visitor.every man to his own cross.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Bizibi(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
tijayjay:
Seriously, i have dated a lady that behaved exactly like your wife, once she discovered any money with me, the next thought or idea that will come from her is to spend the money, even if i protest that the money should be save or put to investment, she rather prefer the money being spend on buying flashy items such as expensive cloths or items.
But amazingly, when she earned her own money, she will never spend it she will rather prefer to save it and lavish my own money, and when you go broke and asked her for money she will never agreed that she have, i had to called off the relationship so i will not die young.
On several occasion i had to stamped my authority as man and it will lead to quarrel as she is also authoritative.
My advise to you since you are already married, talking will not help, ladies dont listen to talks, they prefer action, stamped your authority, talk less and act more, stop given her money, give her money for only items you approved of, and if she add up her money fine, but if she spend lavishly without your approval punish her and let her know the reason, never raised your hand on her, the punishment here is a coded one, either u cut down her next allowance or when she ask for fund let her know you are broke.
hmmm,I'm in one and I just recently noticed the red flags,j want to end the 4 month relationship.
I hate headaches

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by floralfantasyng: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
Tell her to visit us and get a 5% discount. lol

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Billiondoe: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Why are you so mean to that guy?

Dont forget that you are in your late 20s and can't seem to have any direction in your relationship. Btw, you can't handle an ordinary relationship so how can advice a married person?

People living in glass buildings shouldn't be throwing stones.

Angel of remembrance we see you...better a broken relationship than a broken marriage

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by bezimo(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
Folks that don't earn money are usually very extravagant, you've entered, you've entered.No coming out.It might have been easier to realign her mentality during courtship than now that you are married to her.

What I suggest.
Decide, Define and plan the expenses for the month since she is clearly extravagant.Then let her know you aren't spending above the budget and be disciplined about it after she would get used to it.
In your monthly budget maintain her upkeep money and don't go above it, anything she wants to buy, it should be within that upkeep money.

It's also possible she is been influenced by bad friends, and she wants to compare herself to other women that she sees, colleagues or relations.Hence her decision to spend above her means to look posh and classy which is so foolish.
Deal with that comparing spirit in her also.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Melison(m): 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
U should get her something to do i.e work or business i think it will help curtail the excesses
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by nairamaniac: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
DrogoG:

You see where I marked bold? That's the root of her behavior.

Most common mistakes some men make is that they use money to get a woman they want to marry. You can use money to get a woman for one night stand but NOT the one you hope to marry!

When you use money to get a woman, you may not know if the woman is in the relationship for the money or not! And some women hardly go backwards in lifestyle. When you start spending a lot of money on her from the very beginning, that's the life style she will continue expecting in the relationship. When you stop spending, problem starts.

Even if you're a billionaire NEVER start a relationship expensively if you really want a woman who will love you for who you're and not for the material stuff she stands to gain from you. Let the woman know the real you not your money.

Herein lies the problem: some girls are just so hawt that their beauty inspires u to give them the best things of life while toasting them or dating them, especially if u can afford it.

U got attracted to her due to several expansive things u saw on her. Brazilian hair, Italian shoes and all that.

You would have to meet up and maintain all u saw in her. Not even caring if its from runs or aristos she gets all u see in her.

Truth is, this your fomular of being prudent during toasting or dating also depends on the beauty and standard of the babe.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by blazer234: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Alondra:
This is what happens when you go extra miles to impress a lady during courtship. Its best to let your fiancée/ fiancé know your financial capability. Rushing into marriage is bad too, you never know some flaws in your partner.

Since you are married you can only handle this situation with patience and maturity. My advice is.. Cut down the allowance you give to her. You are the man so you have to act like one. Even when she complains tell her its all you could afford. But never spend what is left of the reduced allowance. Safe it.

Do this for some months, When the saved money is sufficient to get her something valuable that you know she needs... Get it for her with the money. Let her know it was bought from the money you saved.

She will be sober and see things from your angel. I.e the advantage of saving.

Marriage is an institution which has its wheels on maturity, patience and wisdom. You don't take drastic actions but correct with love. smiley

The way you put it makes me feel like I'm not ready for marriage.. .......maturity, patience, wisdom
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by ebby9z(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
Women Ehn. Still had a word with my girl about this kinda issue some days ago when she was telling me to buy this buy that despite explaining things to her. This is someone I'm dating, can't imagine if married.
I'm on this thread to learn. Marriage is one helluva scary institution especially if divorce is a no no for you. If I'm gonna get married, divorce isn't gonna be an option.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by don4real18(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
overcomer123:

my partner is driving me crazy, we have been fighting about everything that has to do with money, she is kinda of lavish and i am prudent. It is really frustrating, she sees me as a miser. She has this idea the higher the cost the more quality, but i know this is not necessary the case. at least from experience, i know how people inflate prices , i try to spend on actual value. I have sat her down and explained to her. How we should nt waste, she promises to change but next thing she is back to the basics.

I also think i may be partially responsible for this, during our courtship, i use to lavish her with very expensive gifts. which to me shd nt be a crime, I wasnt spending beyond my means and there is nothing wrong in giving your woman some exclusive treats once in a while what now bothers me is she expects the cinderella story will continue forever.

There was a day the argument got so intense, she began to say very uncool stuff, on hw she know i hate spending on her and always complain. i really felt hurt. She never looks at the big picture, it is always the most expensive stuff she wants, whenever we do anything.

Our counseling was rushed and proper attention wasnt given to finances and all, everyone just believes she is a well behaved girl. We just got married, I really dont know how i missed this earlier during courtship, but it really causing alot of whahala in our home. The funny part is most of this so called expenses are usually to be solely footed by me. My wife has not for one day called me to say she too will contribute this amount for this or that. I dont complain, or expect, where i have problem is when i decide to pay and she complains it is nt good enough. Am sure if her money was involved she would understand what i mean.

Currently i earn more than her, i found a temporary solution which is to keep her out of the financial decisions, Whenever. i want to buy stuff for the house I dont consult her anymore, i just go and buy the stuff and return home showing her i bought it, instead of the normal asking her which is better and she picks and we begin to fight and argue. This is temporal and actually not the best but what can i do? The fights are just getting to me.

When we started i used to expose her to how much I had and all and plans to maybe get a land and all and maybe start bulding. She knows how much i earn and all. but i dont think she is matured to handled some of these things. And i guess cos she knows of the money available (my saivngs) this is why she just goes for the most expensive and all and just acts lavish.

I had to lie to her that i was scammed of several of millions through MMM to make her forget about the available cash.

Just imagine the rubbish i have to go through.

See me see whahala , me and my own wife again.

Is anyone dating a partner with an opposite spending habit.

Can you share and let me learn how you overcame this problem.
January 14 will decide your fate grin
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
kjhova:
@OP,

Hardly is there a marriage anywhere on planet Earth where approach to financials is not a major issue in the early period if not all through the lifetime of the marriage. There is also no one-size-fits-all solution to it wether you join accounts, hide accounts or make her privy to your financial details.

You guys will grind each other out with time and I hope it will be for the better. Your wife may not necessarily be a spendsthrift as your post suggests. Maybe you guys just defer in spending preferences e.g. she wants to have the Samsung 50" TV of N220K while doing DSTV Access bouquet sub of N2000/month for Africa Magic while you would rather have an LG 32" TV of N90K while doing Premium bouquet of N14K/month for full EPL/Liga BBVA. You see her preferences as frivolous while she considers you as same. Who is right?

Like another poster said earlier, men are critical while women tend to be emotional. Background also matters. You guys can only talk about it and hopefully find your way round it. No two families will ever chat the same part.

BTW, all these guys telling you to be the man and put your foot DOWN...disregard them, they are the one's who more likely grovel before their wives in bed by 2am in the morning.

not really abeg, a typical example is during the xmas break i suggested we spend the holidays in obudu or a La Campagne Tropicana, she says no we shd go to the US, me that i knw hw costly the flight ticket is and the dollars cost for hotel, for a break less than 2 weeks.
Those are the kind of issues i face, me myself i like to enjoy but this her own is just somethin else
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by Okies27(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
overcomer123:

my partner is driving me crazy, we have been fighting about everything that has to do with money, she is kinda of lavish and i am prudent. It is really frustrating, she sees me as a miser. She has this idea the higher the cost the more quality, but i know this is not necessary the case. at least from experience, i know how people inflate prices , i try to spend on actual value. I have sat her down and explained to her. How we should nt waste, she promises to change but next thing she is back to the basics.

I also think i may be partially responsible for this, during our courtship, i use to lavish her with very expensive gifts. which to me shd nt be a crime, I wasnt spending beyond my means and there is nothing wrong in giving your woman some exclusive treats once in a while what now bothers me is she expects the cinderella story will continue forever.

There was a day the argument got so intense, she began to say very uncool stuff, on hw she know i hate spending on her and always complain. i really felt hurt. She never looks at the big picture, it is always the most expensive stuff she wants, whenever we do anything.

Our counseling was rushed and proper attention wasnt given to finances and all, everyone just believes she is a well behaved girl. We just got married, I really dont know how i missed this earlier during courtship, but it really causing alot of whahala in our home. The funny part is most of this so called expenses are usually to be solely footed by me. My wife has not for one day called me to say she too will contribute this amount for this or that. I dont complain, or expect, where i have problem is when i decide to pay and she complains it is nt good enough. Am sure if her money was involved she would understand what i mean.

Currently i earn more than her, i found a temporary solution which is to keep her out of the financial decisions, Whenever. i want to buy stuff for the house I dont consult her anymore, i just go and buy the stuff and return home showing her i bought it, instead of the normal asking her which is better and she picks and we begin to fight and argue. This is temporal and actually not the best but what can i do? The fights are just getting to me.

When we started i used to expose her to how much I had and all and plans to maybe get a land and all and maybe start bulding. She knows how much i earn and all. but i dont think she is matured to handled some of these things. And i guess cos she knows of the money available (my saivngs) this is why she just goes for the most expensive and all and just acts lavish.

I had to lie to her that i was scammed of several of millions through MMM to make her forget about the available cash.

Just imagine the rubbish i have to go through.

See me see whahala , me and my own wife again.

Is anyone dating a partner with an opposite spending habit.

Can you share and let me learn how you overcame this problem.
. Bros, I be single n had to end my last relationship when the babe no gree take instructions like dis to better our lives cos I no wan die kwik. Tell her to read scale of preference from economic textbook. Infact buy her one then tell her to draw up the monthly expenses according to the scale which must be strictly adhered to. If cash finish before then, she fills with hers n if she's doing it on purpose then there are consequences. State d consequences to her with strong warnings... Dats my little epp ... Remember, I be single
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here by zolapeperenpe(f): 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mobsync:

I clicked on your profile and I saw all the topics you created regarding your wife. You even almost canceled the wedding. Her problem started before now and with the way things are, would lead to divorce. I suggest you two visit a counselor.
So u sef see am!!
https://www.nairaland.com/3117231/what-wrong-me
https://www.nairaland.com/3244340/what-perfect-gift-fiancee-birthday
https://www.nairaland.com/3321714/why-deep-lust-what-overcome
https://www.nairaland.com/3360389/should-disclose-salary-raise-fiancee
https://www.nairaland.com/3449060/cancel-wedding
https://www.nairaland.com/3424838/how-know-finacee-virgin/1
https://www.nairaland.com/3552196/wife-driving-me-crazy-getting

Dear OP,
You are a wuss! The only life challenges you've been having has always been your 'wife'. Even the day you touched her private part,you had to come to NL and ask people how to overcome the 'lust'.
Pls you people should read thru his previous posts and stop wasting your time advising him on what to do.
Give OP 3weeks break,he will still come back and ask NLders '' Help! My wife Kissed me on a sunday morning,how do i use such mouth to pray in the presence of GOd!!!

Gosh! All these small small boys getting married ds days sef haff taya me! Mtshew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son / Dilemma: Would She Be A Problem For Me In Future ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.