Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? (5111 Views)

Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? / Signs Of Physical Attraction: How To Know If Someone Is Attracted To You / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Caringpro(f): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2009
@POSTER,
I believe a lot of responders did not really get what you are trying to say. They took the relationship example you gave and forgot the real stuff behind your post.

MY RESPONSE:

The day we get all we want in this life, the joy of living ends. Its an imperfect world and lots of people are better off for these imperfections. cheesy
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by lolarde(f): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
very simple greed . in yoruba language it is ojukokoro
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
It is not greed.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
yer. a lot of you just arent gettin it. the only person that's made sense to me is
tpia.:

because you're playing safe. Probably deep down you dont want a relationship with them anyway. Or you like pain.

greed? envy? playing safe?

you're afraid of deep commitment.

Guys who are "unavailable" wont be as emotionally demanding as those who are, in your opinion.

I do know some women who only date married or engaged guys. Most were influenced by their experiences growing up or with a prior relationship which didnt work out.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
about the playing safe part. i like staying in my comfort zone.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by brooklyn99: 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
don_ese125, maybe u live in the bronx; maybe ure violent, maybe ure too sneaky for ur own good, who knows. clearly the problem is u!!!!
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by sweetpie23: 5:20am On Nov 24, 2009
because we like what we can't get tongue
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Pweety4me(f): 5:29am On Nov 24, 2009
@Post well dat's part of lyfe sometimes u can't always get everything u want. . . smiley

p.s some of the comments i read above were quite mean and unnecessary c'mon nigerians we can do much better than that jeeez!. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by MyneWhite1(f): 2:02am On Nov 25, 2009
An undaunted Jennifer turned to Gladys. “So do you think any of these guys attractive?”
“Some of them are but not for me…”
“Why not? I think that guy over there has an interest in you.” Jennifer pointed discretely.
Gladys looked and shook her head. “Actually, there’s another guy I’m interested in.”
Both girls were all ears and pulled closer to her. “Tell us all.”
Gladys laughed, “There’s nothing much to say. I met the guy at a party I attended with my aunt a week ago and he wanted my number. His name is Edward…”
“What exactly happened at the party?” Jennifer dragged her chair closer.
“It was a short party so we didn’t spend a lot of time together. We danced together for a while then he gave me his card and said he would love to see me again.”
“Wow, he sure goes straight to the point.” Ayo leaned back.
Jennifer nodded. “That’s my kind of guy. I guess he’s a bit older than our group here?”
“Maybe a bit, he’s in his mid-thirties.” Most of the people in the youth group were in their twenties and the few she had spoken within the last two months seemed more interested in having fun than settling down. A few had paired up but were still commitment-shy. “And to tell the truth, we’d met before the party.”
“That would explain it. Did you guys meet at work?”
“We met in January, the day I arrived here in Lagos. Mind you, nothing happened then but I can’t help thinking that’s why we clicked so well at the party.”
“That’s so sweet, he gave you his card. Did you call him?”
“I texted him and he called. We’ve spoken a few times since.”
“You’ve been hiding this from us all…” Jennifer began.
“What does he look like?” Ayo interrupted.
“He’s good looking, a lot taller than me.”
“Give me a taller guy any day.” Ayo was a very tall girl herself.
“Are you guys in a relationship then?
“He hasn’t said anything but I’m already conflicted. I don’t know whether to pull out because he is out of my league. I think he may just want to toy with me.”
“What do you mean?”
“He’s a big shot managing director.” Gladys brought out his card and passed it around.
“I recognize that name. I may have seen him in City People, ”
“I’ve told you to stop reading that junk.”
“Leave me abeg. I get my news from there; you keep reading your Guardian and Newswatch.”
Ayo glared at Jennifer and turned to Gladys. “There’s nothing like he’s out of your league. You’re a fine person and if he wants to know you more, give him a chance.”
“We agree. Please I’m all for love, it conquers all, you know?”
Gladys laughed, how did I know you girls would say that?”
“Just keep us posted on what happens. "

Love can conquer all and nothing is unattainable. To read the whole book, download it here http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by infortune(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2009
As someone earlier said, nothin is attainable, plus it's just d way u're lookin at it. take a paradigm shift & step up ur games & more guys than u know will be droolin all over you. period.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by onyxfrank: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
get to know what u really want dear.dont fall prey to men's sexaullity ok
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by oyinda3(f): 12:58am On Nov 28, 2009
@OP, i totally understand where you're coming from

you're very pretty by the way.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by alab1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
Am guessing your a pretty girl. Just have to be more careful. Always SCAN the guys that come to you before you date them & no blind yourself jump into relationship!
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Youngpo413: 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
DonEse125:
why do we always want what we know we cant have? why do i always like guys who:
a)dont like me back
b)are already in a relationship or something
c)just generally unavailable?

you are greedy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Old White Women Picking Ya Upppppp.... / \ / For All The Handsome Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.