Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,782 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? (5104 Views)

Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? / Signs Of Physical Attraction: How To Know If Someone Is Attracted To You / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2009
why do we always want what we know we cant have? why do i always like guys who:
a)dont like me back
b)are already in a relationship or something
c)just generally unavailable?
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Parohfrey(f): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
because you are just too lame to see.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by biolabee(m): 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
dont mind her
if thts ur pix, u are an attractive natural woman so just bide tyour time
the right person will come
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2009
@paroh-ouch. @Bee,thanks.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by henre(m): 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2009
hey girl den u need a guy lik me phone= 0806688221 email = henryjoey13@yahoo.com
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
I'm not looking for a guy.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by coolier(f): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2009
Don_Ese125:

why do we always want what we know we cant have?

Think positive. Why do you ever think there is something you cannot have?
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
Paroh_frey:

She is not lame. Lame girls don't work around with their head shaved. undecided

It's not good to bash a fellow woman over her looks. It tells the kind of person you are.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
err. . . sorry michelin,i dont get it -what does she calling me lame have to do with the fact that i cut my hair?
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2009
Because I am sure that was why she made the comment. If you had a wig and a ton of make up she wouldn't have been so rude.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2009
coolier:

Think positive. Why do you ever think there is something you cannot have?
the something i cant have is a guy who's unavailable. if he's already in a r/ship,i'm not gonna snatch him or something,and if he oesnt like me there's nothing i can do about it-so he's unattainable,and me thinking positively wont change that.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DonEse125(f): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
oh. . didnt see it that way.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2009
It happens to the best of us hun.

P.S. You look like of my friends from back in the day smiley
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by noblegas2(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable?

answer== dere are no such thangz as `UNATTAINABLE`
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by mamagee3(f): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
Paroh_frey:

You wish! wink
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by omega25red(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
i guess you have the right idea of staying away from someone who is unavailable but sometimes you just have to go for what you want (as long as what you want is not married lol)
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by posakosa(m): 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
@ OP: ur profile pic---- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by riversman: 11:57pm On Nov 21, 2009
@ topic - DEAD!!!!!

lOSER!!!!
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 22, 2009
Don_Ese125:

a)dont like me back
b)are already in a relationship or something

some women set their standards way to high from what they can possibly get, you have to be reasonable about it all.
for example, if you are a boring/shy/unattractive person looking to date the most funky guy in town then i would say that your chances are pretty slim, not impossible but S L I M.
as i always say, you have to look at yourself and ask:¨what is it about me that makes me only get attracted to these kind of men. you are the source of the problem, NOT US.

-if a man dont like you back then accept it as fate and move on, or do you think that love is by force?
-if a man is in a relationship then you shouldnt even consider him as a potential guy and therefore the question shouldnt even be in the topic. if you didnt know he was in a relationship then the fault is STILL on you for not checking him right.

the first rule in considering a guy is that he should be AVAILABLE ie S I N G L E, sulking on how hot he is while in a relationship wont help your cause. some girl have all the attributes to get the top guys, if you aint got them then settle for the guy below or even lower.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 22, 2009
Don_Ese125:

a)dont like me back

because you're playing safe. Probably deep down you dont want a relationship with them anyway. Or you like pain.

(b)are already in a relationship or something

greed?  envy? playing safe?

you're afraid of deep commitment.

Guys who are "unavailable" wont be as emotionally demanding as those who are, in your opinion.

I do know some women who only date married or engaged guys. Most were influenced by their experiences growing up or with a prior relationship which didnt work out.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Tcrack(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2009
its because as human beings, we never appreciate what we have or can have till its gone.

NB
@ Don_Ese125
From your pic i could have easily mistaken you for a guy.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2009
Because we don't know the difference between love, infatuation, and fascination, among other things. We think of loving someone as loving a Sunday or having sex. which is a very immature side of us.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 23, 2009
@POSTER
I like this topic you have here. Infact if you stretch it further you will agree with me that it is one of the major reasons why we have breakups here and there in relationship especially marriage. Our young ladies these days have big eye, always being attracting and wanting to enjoy what they cannot afford or have. By looking out for men who have all these they tend to end up with established and already married or hooked guys.
This happens cos most of our young ladies today are very very LAZY and Lousy! They cannot workhard and hold their own. Even when they are in relationship, they cant bring in anything to the table but will sit and just be grabbing from the men, the rich men! Go to our university campuses you will see beautiful good looking and gorgous ladies hang out with men from semister to semister, from yr one to final yr without improving their brains and their life of what they can achieve for themselves, instead they sit by and make a roll calls of the riches guy in town. Every day runs with pot-belly politician or that business tycoon. Ask her to lick, she will lick you everywhere including the anus all thru d nite. In the morning she, wears an attractive clothes, spray hottiest perf, walks out with some cash, begin to move around looking for the next place cash and luxllary will flow from.

You will see greed and desperation in her to kick the poor house wife out of her happy marriage just to sit on top of the husband cash. People will tell her leave this married man alone but she wont hear. Now they operate like a group with team leaders swinging around the country from the hot spot Abuja senators to all the places it is happening spending 8 years around the campus host community, to graduate or not is not their business. And the most annoying thing is that 85% of them end up hooking to the really rich guys for marriage, cos for most rich men what they after is my wife is beautify and sexy! Well, women u na dey try sha! U na dey rule the world!
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Moshodin(f): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2009
Maybe you should try looking more femminine. It goes beyond the hair, make-up, earrings etc
Sometimes we need to make a little effort and look like women.
Sorry, not trying to be hard- just giving my two-pence.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by mrofficial(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
You don't look like woman.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by romsky: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fate can be so cruel at times
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Nezan(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
You dont have to negative . . . . think positively and what seems unattainable will be attained.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by omohwunmmy: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
its because there is conqueror inside of us. what does not look like a challenge is not attractive to u. its human nature to move on to the next mountain once u have conquered on.
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by DrLorenz1(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
@OP

U got me thinking twice when i saw your pic. . .can swear u're a male. . .

From your post, i'd say this:

a - It happens to most people, and not only you. If it happens to you often, then i think it's more psychological than physical.

b - Perhaps subconsciously, you like getting what you cannot have. Am not saying you're greedy, mind you. It could also mean that your subconscious mind sees such things as a challenge so that's why you're being drawn towards such guys.

c - A answers this one.

On a general note, i think your problem is rather psychological and i'll also advice thus. . .

MRbrownJAY:

. . .look at yourself and ask:¨what is it about me that makes me only get attracted to these kind of men. . .
Re: Why Are We Always Attracted To The Unattainable? by Jeovy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
Wait for yours

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Dating Site For Married People. Website For Cheaters (what Do You Think?) / Ugly Man Rejects Beautiful Women / If You Can Only Choose One,which Would You Pick (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.