Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Experienced In My Friend's House. (40568 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money / Missing 13-year Old Boy Found Tied Up In His Mother's Friend's House (see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by damesilver(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2017
When many of these grand parents were in their prime they, too, acted as we are doing today. They felt they were on top of the world.

They were brimful of life and energy, exercising their freewill with full force and youthful exuberance; forgetting that a time will come when the power they had at their command will wane.

They only excite pity at this old age, their true character never leave them. It is the same when a person falls sick. His body radiation changes such that people feel sympathy and pray for his quick healing.

As soon as he begins to show signs of betterment in his health condition he jumps up again and back to his usual life of recklessness. When we was bed-ridden, he appeared humble and sober, like someone who couldn't hurt a fly.

He would vow to God to not return to his unwholesome ways if he can receive mercy and get healed. After his recovery he very soon and often forgets his pledge to God to live a life of responsibility and consideration for his fellow men.

Such is the life which many of us are living. We only care about ourselves and, perhaps, things or people around us. The law of nature must take its course. We reap what we sow.

We should always Remember to value the time and opportunity given to us because it won't last forever. We are like a person to whom an office is given to administer, to exercise control with all powers attached to it. This offices come in varying ways to each individual.

Be it in the energy given to you now as a youth, in your place of work, as a manger in an organisation, politician, a subordinate, employer or employee, a student or lecturer, a child or parent, trader or apprentice, cleaner, teacher or pupil, caregiver, driver, etc. Be faithful in your office.

Do not abuse your body because you look beautiful today. Treat your maid servants with respect and courtesy for they, too, have a dignity of their own, and you never know what tomorrow holds for everyone.

Even being a wife or husband, a friend or neighbour, is an office that must be managed with all sense of seriousness. For, the reward on how one manages the office must come to us one day.

A time will come when you will become helpless and vulnerable, your good works will come in for you. Think always of this time. The mere death of the physical body does not cancel the retributive justice.

Let us therefore make a conscious use of our time.

Modified

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2017
damesilver:
When many of these grand parents were in their prime they, too, acted as we are doing today. They felt they were on top of the world.

They were brimful of life and energy, exercising their freewill with full force and youthful exuberance; forgetting that a time will come when the power they have at their command will wane.

They only excite pity at this old age, their true character never leave them. It is the same when a person falls sick. His body radiations changes such that people feel sympathy and pray for his quick healing.

As soon as he begins to show signs of betterment in his health condition he jumps up again and back to his usual life of recklessness. When we was bed-ridden, he appeared humble and sober, like someone who couldn't hurt a fly.

He would vow to God to not return to his unwholesome ways if he can receive mercy and get healed. After his recovery he very soon and often forgets his pledge to God to live a life of responsibility and consideration for his fellow men.

Such is the life which many of us are living. We only care about ourselves and, perhaps, things or people around us. The law of nature must take its course. We reap what we sow.

We should always Remember to value the time and opportunity given to us because it won't last forever. We are like a person to whom an office his given to manage, to exercise control with all powers attached to it. This offices come in varying ways to each individual.

Be it in the energy given to you now as a youth, in your place of work, as a manger in an organisation, politician, a subordinate, employer or employee, a student or lecturer, a child or parent, trader or apprentice, cleaner, teacher or pupil, caregiver, driver, etc. Be faithful in your office.

Even being a wife or husband, a friend or neighbour, is an office that must be managed with all sense of seriousness. For, the reward on how one manages the office must come to us one day.

A time will come when you will become helpless and vulnerable, your good works will come in for you. The mere death of the physical body does not cancel the retributive justice.

Let us therefore make a conscious use of our time.

you have spoken wisely my friend. people who are wicked at early age would still demand sympathy when they get old. it's pretty hard to forgive such or forget but how long should one continue in this part.

one needs to be careful about how he or she treats others around because someday it's going to come around.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by GodnGold: 11:33am On Jan 06, 2017
My dad's mum and I are very close.
She wouldn't sit up for months but each time she hears my voice (she's blind now),she sits up.

I didn't see her this holidays,am so teary eyed now,and I must see her soon before she goes over...she is approaching 100.

Thanks OP for this.
I love you odawuzo!!!

5 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Lataability(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
I have never lived with my grand parents for long. in fact, all 4 of them are dead now sadly.

but I notice something, in my friends house their grand ma lives with them but I hardly see them talk to her, the few times I did its either they are complaining to her about something she did asin yelling at her. please they are a cool family because I have known them for all my life. but I am always confused about how they deal with the old woman.

I always feel pity for her because I imagine how lonely she would be. maybe am just judging from afar I don't know, recently she jokingly did something but my friend didn't take it lightly, I felt some how sha

share your experience, how you relate with your grand parents living with you or what other situations have you noticed from friends or extended families.

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ireneony(f): 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
You never can tell..maybe she was not involved in their early life or never cared for them. That's why they treat her that way.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by fernandoc(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
pocohantas:
Some Nigerians have this way of looking at old people, they always think they're up to no good, courtesy home videos. That's why you'll see some people that don't travel to their villages, even when they go, they won't eat their grand parents food...etc.

When folks begin to age, they go back to being babies. They say the wrong things, act the wrong way, become petty...etc. It takes patient kids and grand kids to adapt to these changes. That is when the kind of treatment you saw at your friend's place starts to manifest.

It's not in your head, you know what you saw...it happens and I have seen it happen.

My grand parents have been dead a long time though.
May you live long for this clarification. Well I loved my maternal grandma almost more than my own mum cos she can pet for Africa. I really miss her! RIP Grandma!
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
ireneony:
You never can tell..maybe she was not involved in their early life or never cared for them. That's why they treat her that way.
but that's not enough reason to ignore them. if they have changed forgiveness can always be applied. it's s complicated thing really.

3 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by nuggarito: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
You think living with an old woman is easy?? They will frustrate your life, they are also unreasonable, they cannot understand you, they never take advice from you due to the fact that you are just a rat, they can never admit they are wrong, but the sweetest part of it is you can never ever go hungry, she would sacrifice her happiness for yours.

2 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
ireneony:

Very meaningful and deep comment
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Some of our Grandparents are suffering from undiagnosed dementia, alzemiers or a combination of both............
We are all going to get old someday. Let's treat our oldies with care, love and compassion..........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ireneony(f): 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
but that's not enough reason to ignore them. if they have changed forgiveness can always be applied. it's s complicated thing really.
not all grandmum or mothers are good mothers.
it is very hard for children to treat their granny bad when she has cared for them all her lives.
From the story...i think she never really supported or cared for them that why she is been treated badly.
Another one is.
maybe their mum always talk bad of her towards her children.

People can forgive but they can never forget.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
One of the cause of this as applicable to my situation is what ireneony posted above.

If you are not close to your grand parents when you were still a kid, you will find it hard to tolerate them when you grow old.

Psychologist can explain this better.

2 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by XX01(f): 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
I day fear my grand parents make them no do jazz for my body.I don't eat anything they give me

Soon, your kids and grandkids will be wary of you. You might just poison them.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ArabMopol(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
I wish I can just resurrect my paternal grandmother and strangle her to death ... some old women can be witch , don't ask me why

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
I wish I can just resurrect my paternal grandmother and strangle her to death ... some old women can be witch , don't ask me why

One day you will regret this thing you typed...when you get old you will assume your grandkids will love you right? WRONG!! you will reap same hate you have given your grand mum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by rossi5(f): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
I have never lived with my grand parents for long. in fact, all 4 of them are dead now sadly.

but I notice something, in my friends house their grand ma lives with them but I hardly see them talk to her, the few times I did its either they are complaining to her about something she did asin yelling at her. please they are a cool family because I have known them for all my life. but I am always confused about how they deal with the old woman.
I always feel pity for her because I imagine how lonely she would be. maybe am just judging from afar I don't know, recently she jokingly did something but my friend didn't take it lightly, I felt some how sha

share your experience, how you relate with your grand parents living with you or what other situations have you noticed from friends or extended families.

Well that their story..I love my maternal grandma...treat them nice no matter what cos we will grow old too.she makes us laff a lot..we sing n dance together.. What memories can b more than that..
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by pocohantas(f): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
Jeeezzz!!!
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
MykOnyxo:

Very meaningful and deep comment

Nope its a shallow stupid comment.. there is no excuse for doing the wrong thing
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ArabMopol(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
lestat:

One day you will regret this thing you typed...when you get old you will assume your grandkids will love you right? WRONG!! you will reap same hate you have given your grand mum
if I treat my grand children bad,
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
ireneony:
not all grandmum or mothers are good mothers.
it is very hard for children to treat their granny bad when she has cared for them all her lives.
From the story...i think she never really supported or cared for them that why she is been treated badly.
Another one is.
maybe their mum always talk bad of her towards her children.

People can forgive but they can never forget.
you are right. I guess I can't really know whatsup. and I don't even intend to ask
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
rossi5:

Well that their story..I love my maternal grandma...treat them nice no matter what cos we will grow old too.she makes us laff a lot..we sing n dance together.. What memories can b more than that..
I always wish I knew mine much. sadly, some don't cherish theirs.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
if I treat my grand children bad,

Hahahhahahahha, i laugh, really? did any parent decide they would treat their child's children bad? hahhahahhahahhaha... its not up to you to decide if you are good to them its them to decide if they like you. But trust me with this hate i see i n your post, you will shed tears of misery when you are old!! Ten times what you made her shed., WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Temmytea70(m): 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
pcguru1:

Well mine is 70 they have no weird character however am somehow that overthinks a lot and especially my grandma every time I see her I'm always remind of mortality

Pls,speak english

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by harriet412(f): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
I stayed with my grandma for the first time last Christmas even though I could barely communicate with her, I felt her love . She kept staring at me and wondered how I had grown so big .

Bottom line, I love my grandma.

4 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Yuneehk(f): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
I have three grandparents alive. You can't treat my paternal grandma anyhow 'cause she's hot on her own.
My maternal grandma is presently with us but we don't really talk except she wants to send me on errand. She's quite reserved but smiles a lot. You should see her bless us when we buy her the smallest of things especially edible ones. I'm probably lucky to have them smiley

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by juman(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hmmm
Treating the grand parents well is golden opportunity one should not trow away.
Even despite the behaviour of those grand parents.
Because grand parents have different perception about life and also the old age is having toll on them.
One has to accommodate and adjust and accept the new reality.
In Islam its great reward to treat them so well.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by rossi5(f): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
Pele...
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by rossi5(f): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
Pele...remember to talk to ur friend about it
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ArabMopol(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
lestat:

Hahahhahahahha, i laugh, really? did any parent decide they would treat their child's children bad? hahhahahhahahhaha... its not up to you to decide if you are good to them its them to decide if they like you. But trust me with this hate i see i n your post, you will shed tears of misery when you are old!! Ten times what you made her shed., WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
im well respectful especially to older ppl, Charlie I have my reasons of saying so, a grandma who shows this child is the son or daughter of my favourite child and this one is the daughter or son of my most hated child deserves no respect... thank God the last is finally first,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blessing Oko Ikpor: Bank Manager Husband In ‘Secret’ Wedding Saga In Rivers / Lady Dies One Month After Her Wedding. Photos / ~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.