Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96426 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Tithing is an institution before the law . That's all that count.
when you cannot differentiate tax from tithes na wah for una just holding on anything to justify fraud sha! grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

What about gay and incest . Why did Paul condemn it After all it's by mutual consent .

God doesnt like it
Again if you love God .. you wont do anything to hurt Him
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 9:37am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

its so funny how u attribute our success or safety or health 2 d fact dat u pay tithes....are u saying dose who have died Dis year or last year weren't tithe payers?
are u also saying all dose who safely travel by air are all tithe payers?
Or wat wud u say about me who is wealthy and healthy without a single tithe payment?
ur tithe payment isn't d reason why u r healthy or prosperous or being safe from harm's way....its by the grace of God which has been GIVEN to ALL men irrespective of ur colour,country,or spiritual status...
So wat wud u say about a guy who has been paying tithes for years and yet he is still in debts....?

Have I done any wrong by quoting the testimony of God's love in my life? We all have so many ways through which God has been good to us. I am not by any way saying that those that have accident/sick are not worshiping God with their substance, please do not get me wrong.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
I have a personal wonderful relationship with God. Spiritually, I am very sound. Satanists and others who don't know God knows why they are doing that, that is their own problem. For me and my family, we shall continue to worship God all the days of our life.

Do you think God loves you more than a satanist ??
Paul had a wonderful relationship with God but still had a thorn on His body
Alot of people serve God faithfully but still fall sick
Dont be deceived ... the tithe is not the reason why you are not falling sick or not lacking
Its just by grace
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

God doesnt like it

How do you know God doesn't like it
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

its so funny how u attribute our success or safety or health 2 d fact dat u pay tithes....are u saying dose who have died Dis year or last year weren't tithe payers?
are u also saying all dose who safely travel by air are all tithe payers?
Or wat wud u say about me who is wealthy and healthy without a single tithe payment?
ur tithe payment isn't d reason why u r healthy or prosperous or being safe from harm's way....its by the grace of God which has been GIVEN to ALL men irrespective of ur colour,country,or spiritual status...
So wat wud u say about a guy who has been paying tithes for years and yet he is still in debts....?

Follow your heart please as it suits you, we are all different in character/behaviour and our aims and aspirations about life are different. For me and my household, It is GOD, GOD and GOD.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:42am On Jan 23, 2017
How on earth did I miss this thread?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

How do you know God doesn't like it
He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Do you think God loves you more than a satanist ??
Paul had a wonderful relationship with God but still had a thorn on His body
Alot of people serve God faithfully but still fall sick
Dont be deceived ... the tithe is not the reason why you are not falling sick or not lacking
Its just by grace
Thank God you said by 'God's Grace'. it is that Grace of God that have been giving me wisdom to live in peace and financially, I have more than enough, so why won't I give to the house of God?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dazzlingd(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
it is only a stingy person that have problem with paying tithe. FYI, I pay 20% as tithe not even 10%. The truth is that the biessings God has given is even more than the 20% and I am thinking of increasing it in the near future.

The contention is not about giving. sure u can give 100% out of your freewill.

But the topic is addressing TITHE if it's justified or not. And from biblical evidences, there is no justification for pastors to be receiving tithe and it's fraudulent to hide behind Malachi to threaten people to pay 10% of monthly income.

Learn to be analytical when discussing, face the issue and away with your emotional sentiments
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah

Beautiful before the law . So likewise tithes and offerings before the law
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

They are laws
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

We are talking about Christ whom You guys said Never sanctioned tithing . Now in the face of evidence that he actually encouraged tithing . You now want to Lay the blame on the law
Christ never ever said we should tithes its funny how you ignored oldest bible translation of King James version 1611 and choose The charismatic translation of NLT that was produced in revised in the '90s by controversial scholars who deliberately change the Greek meanings of mathew
23:23 i challenge you to quote from oldest bible King James version whether the smuggled word "yes you must tithe" was never in The oldest bible what a shame. See the length you swindlers could go to justify fraud by changing original Greek words used in the passage chai
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Thank God you said by 'God's Grace'. it is that Grace of God that have been giving me wisdom to live in peace and financially, I have more than enough, so why won't I give to the house of God?

Give freely and Cheerfully
Dont call what you give a tithe
Just honour God with what you have
Else you go back to the law

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

God doesnt like it

I have a question.

Is there a difference between offering and collection? If yes, what are they?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dazzlingd(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2017
ndcide:

Thanks anyway. I know you are not as intelligent as myself.

However, what I did was to address the spirit of the question and it's implications. The wise and those who are sensitive will understand. Not every cryptic post on nairaland can be understood by all. Those who can't take it, fight it.

May I reiterate,

Those who want to be Christians indeed should be mindful anti giving campaigns. The objective is a satanic wealth exchange.

Even in the kingdom of darkness, giving is taking very seriously.

Christians, should not be ignorant of the devices of the devil. Manipulation CAN NEVER BE STRAIGHTFORWARD.

IF IT'S HARD FOR YOU TO SWALLOW, READ THE CONVERSATION OF THE SERPENT AND EVE in Genesis 3:1-7 and think deeply about it.

I'm not going to open a thread for this.

Again, A word is enough for the wise.

Lol, A mad man will never know he's mad, same with one with low intelligence.

just look at your comments, filled with rantings, warning, threats and sentiments but have you addressed anything No!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Give freely and Cheerfully
Dont call what you give a tithe
Just honour God with what you have
Else you go back to the law

But... Tithe is a tenth of all your increase. God asked for it.

It was clearly before the law... Do you know what order of priesthood Jesus is of?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:
Beautiful before the law.
So likewise tithes and offerings before the law
The law of the Spirit has made tithe and offering redundant
Offering is not money, offering has to do with animal sacrifices, which are about Levitical offerings
You are conflating offering with collection
Am quite sure, you dont partake in animal sacrifices
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

They are laws

Beautiful. And you agree it is wrong to violate them . If incest is condemned before the law and its condemned in the law . And you agree that it's still wrong today even though we are not under the law . But because it's against Gods principles God hates it ,The same way . Tithing and offering practiced before the law , mentioned in the law is part of Gods principle . Even though we are not under the law.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

the pagans do offerings true or false? But God chose the Israelites as his own special peoples a gave laws specifying a honorable way to make offering different from those that were offered to deities like baal, Ashtoreth etc, so hanging on sacrifices before the law which glorify other gods as basis to continue tithe is not only fraudulent but DEROGATORY
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

I have a question.

Is there a difference between offering and collection? If yes, what are they?

There is no much difference tho
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2017
dazzlingd:

The contention is not about giving. sure u can give 100% out of your freewill.

But the topic is addressing TITHE if it's justified or not. And from biblical evidences, there is no justification for pastors to be receiving tithe and it's fraudulent to hide behind Malachi to threaten people to pay 10% of monthly income.

Learn to be analytical when discussing, face the issue and away with your emotional sentiments
I have not seen where pastors are threatening people to pay tithe, if there is any place like that let us know. Once again, it is voluntary (matter of choice). So, why the noise about tithe always. if your church is not following the bible as you presume, there are hundreds of churches around, simply move or better still, confront/ask your pastor the justification for tithe or are you afraid to confront your pastor about it? You bring up tithe matter always as if the church is all about tithe paying.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Follow your heart please as it suits you, we are all different in character/behaviour and our aims and aspirations about life are different. For me and my household, It is GOD, GOD and GOD.
True but the truth can never hide..its right there in the scriptures....i wish U well
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2017
Inasmuch as there are a lot of things we argue about in Christianity, we should always remember that the major purpose Jesus hasn't returned is for His news to be preached. The major chance He's giving us is to return to Him. For humanity to attain that spiritual perfection or "holiness" . Yes, a lot of things may have been mentioned by God through the law, it was all to make everything orderly as at that time, and show humans what do, how to live, how to be clean, how to relate with neighbors, with the ungodly and so on. It was all born out of a good intention from God. God wanted to see us perfect and living rightly. But it pained God's heart to see how burdensome this law was on human after all we are just flesh, He sent His son to us commanding to hear and obey Him so that we can attain that perfection which God always wanted even at Eden. If you like, continue living in deception and sin while you are giving and even "tithing". The eyes of God will never behold iniquity.
God is calling humanity back to repentance, perfection and holiness. That is the chief message. Let's not allow the enemy to distract. It's unfortunate one of these distractions is even pay tithe and receive financial gain from God. How many give to God's with a good intention, not showcasing. Let's all go back to God and His word through Christ for the sole purpose of that great commission!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 10:03am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

True but the truth can never hide..its right there in the scriptures....i wish U well
Thanks my brother, May the Lord God Almighty be with you always.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

It was clearly before the law... Do you know what order of priesthood Jesus is of?
For the sake of carrying along with this line of thought
and then if you dont have an increase then you dont tithe, no bi so?

Also if Levi was in Abraham's seed and thereby indirectly tithed to Melchizedek,
then in the same vein the other tribes of Israel were in Abraham's seed too and perpetually tithing

Anyway the book of Hebrews wasnt about tithing, it's essence was showing the supremacy of Jesus Christ and His superior priesthood
That book wasnt positing tithing but tithe markeeters cling to it for dear life to erroneously using it to say tithing is appropriate
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Beautiful. And you agree it is wrong to violate them . If incest is condemned before the law and its condemned in the law . And you agree that it's still wrong today even though we are not under the law . But because it's against Gods principles God hates it ,The same way .

Yes .. we are not under the law
And we avoid them we are not obeying the OT law
We are obeying the law of Christ
Because we love God our bodies must be kept holy because God dwells in us
Therefore such immoralities are against our own bodies
So we avoid them to obey the law of Christ .. loving God

Tithing and offering practiced before the law , mentioned in the law is part of Gods principle . Even though we are not under the law.

God calls tithing a law
So i won't follow a law
My master didn't tell me to tithe
Neither did the early Church
Tithing was not even money but Agricultural products
Thats why Jesus didn't tithe
Because He wasn't involved in agriculture
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Have I done any wrong by quoting the testimony of God's love in my life? We all have so many ways through which God has been good to us. I am not by any way saying that those that have accident/sick are not worshiping God with their substance, please do not get me wrong.
but thats exactly what u r implying...u r attributing ur success to the payment of ur tithes....u r in other words insinuating that God is giving u all the good things of life because you always pay ur tithes....non believers who read your statement will tag God as unjust and fraudulent...
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=BERNIMOORE post=53052609]
Christ never ever said we should tithes its funny how you ignored oldest bible translation of King James version 1611 and choose The charismatic translation of NLT that was produced in revised in the '90s by controversial scholars who deliberately change the Greek meanings of mathew

But he did...
Luke 11:42 WEB
But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, but you bypass justice and God’s love. You ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone.

23:23 i challenge you to quote from oldest bible King James version whether the smuggled word "yes you must tithe" was never in The oldest bible what a shame.

Please, epp us with the old KJV... Thanks. If you can't, I'd assume you're a nuisance.

See the length you swindlers could go to justify fraud by changing original Greek words used in the passage chai

Be civil in discussions, some of us have jobs but create time to discuss here. Show some decorum.

If you don't want to tithe, fine.. Don't insult those who do and those who believe and teach it.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dazzlingd(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
I have not seen where pastors are threatening people to pay tithe, if there is any place like that let us know. Once again, it is voluntary (matter of choice). So, why the noise about tithe always. if your church is not following the bible as you presume, there are hundreds of churches around, simply move or better still, confront/ask your pastor the justification for tithe or are you afraid to confront your pastor about it? You bring up tithe matter always as if the church is all about tithe paying.

pastors won't threaten you right? preach to you that tithe is freewill and not by force but read the book of Malachi to you how you are robbing God and how devourers will devour you if u don't pay...

Then give you many stories of how faithful tithe payers were miraculously saved from disasters and sudden calamities plus how unfaithful tithe payers are being devoured.
And if you like pay, if you like don't pay it's for your own good.. Lol, pls define threat to me because that's the height of emotional blackmail and threats
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 10:08am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

was Abraham tenth% to Melchizedek"an increase from his farm or income or a recovery of stolen goods by by pagans" AGAIN KINDLY TELL US"THE ORDER OF PRIESTHOOD JESUS IS OF" as you claim oya
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

Jesus called tithe a law
We are no longer under the law
Infact Jesus is God
Do you know more than Jesus
Didn't Jesus see Abraham tithing before He called it a law ??
How many times did Abraham even tithe ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.