Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96039 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 11:05am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

Stop deviating.
Abraham gave a tithe... Jacob did (obviously learn from Isaacs)... My point is its before the law.

Go study your Bible. Hebrews chapters 7 & 8

forceful statement, again why are you running away from telling us the "Fabricated ORDER OF PRIESTHOOD THAT JESUS BELONG" May be you fear being exposed again that is why you want to ignore it, all your abracadabra formula used to propagate swindling of hard earned money will be laid bare on this thread, so instead of telling me to go and study my. Bible why not show us the Order of priesthood and shed more light on the "order"
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Purify the thoughts of your heart please and stop reasoning negatively. I never said God has been good to me because I have been paying my tithe. What I said for emphasis is that "GOD HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME IN ALL AREAS, SO WHY WOULD'NT I SERVE HIM WITH ALL MY SUBSTANCES"
that isn't wat u said initially...
u were alluding 2 all d good things that happened to you based on ur tithe payments...try and check out ur previous posts....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

Same Jesus that was there when Abraham gave tithe and when Moses got the law? Really?

Jesus simply was speaking about the law not necessarily saying tithing was of the law... For Moses' law instituted tithing with many clauses. So, if the law is abolished, it couldn't have abolished what came before it... Would it?

I asked you same.. Was Jesus not wise enough to know the law didn't begat tithing?

He was talking to THE PHARISEES.. Do I need explain why they are and why Jesus refereed to their laws?

By your logic I can also ask, How many time did Jesus even attend a wedding sef? Or how many times did Abraham give offerings to God!

Point is, they both did the said event and NO ONE condemned it, the frequency is not a point for you just because it was recorded once... But you saw his grandson do same... Would you want to say they all did it once? grin

Didn't you see this in the Bible?

Hebrews 7
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

In other words...

by the priests in his family (Levi's), Levi gets the tenth part from the people (Israelites) . But we can say that, by Abraham, Levi also paid a tenth part to Melchizedek.

This is because Levi was Abraham’s grandson. Levi was not yet born when Melchizedek met Abraham.

That's the Easy English Translation

So you mean tithing is not a law ??
Why did Jesus classify it as a lighter part of the law ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
going round the tables again, 42But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: [size=18pt] these ought ye to have done [/size] , and not to leave the other undone. DO YOU SEE "YES You Should TITHE" in this passage of the oldest bible? It was only smuggled recently by controversial scholars who wrote WEB AND NLT TRANSLATION

Is it that you don't understand English language?

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

I already explained this...
Was Jesus not wise enough to know Tithe came before moses?
You are my fellow .. lol We are against tithe
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:09am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

Hello.. Remember me?

I'm about to give you a heartache grin
Lol....I like dat....I just hope dat u won't end up with one by d time am tru wit u..shoot!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:10am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

No

I thought as much

because He was yet to die ??
How can He condemn the same law He came to fulfill
After His death ... we were instructed not to live by the law because Christ has already fulfiled the law

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

But He let the adulterous woman live, even though the law was still active and He was yet to die.. The law condemned her, but Jesus Didn't... And he was yet to die o.

Your hypocrisy is outstanding.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:11am On Jan 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

Mr heartache, how many times did Abraham give tithe ?

How many times did Abraham pray?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Did i say you should tithe ??
Im against tithing
And tithing is a law
sorry for that pls I mistake you for this swindlers. One love
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:12am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

You are my fellow .. lol We are against tithe
on d contrary, he is a tithe lord ohh...lol
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

I thought as much

But He let the adulterous woman live, even though the law was still active and He was yet to die.. The law condemned her, but Jesus Didn't... And he was yet to die o.

Yes He made her live and told her to go and sin no more
He didn't condemn the law
Though He was fufilling the law .. because He came to save .. He didnt allow them to stone her
He would have allowed it if He didn't come to save us also
Thats why He could heal on the sabath ..
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

Is it that you don't understand English language?
meybe you need big lenses to show us that Jesus never said verbatim"yes you must tithe" so you need a dictionary to make a forceful statement, you be real fraudster
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

I thought as much

Lol...its common sense bro....
he wud have allowed dem to kill the adulterous woman...he knew d law was against her...he knew she was guilty...all he simply did was ask a simple question.... "if any of you have been without sin sud cast the first stone...."
so in other words,it means that those who were about to stone that woman had already done worse dat her....hence they left one by one....
Jesus didn't condemn deir acts...lol
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

that isn't wat u said initially...
u were alluding 2 all d good things that happened to you based on ur tithe payments...try and check out ur previous posts....
Who gave first? God gave me first and I am returning back what he gave in form of tithes, offerings and charity work. So, what is wrong in saying that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Who gave first? God gave me first and I am returning back what he gave in form of tithes, offerings and charity work. So, what is wrong in saying that.

Do you know the purpose of tithes ??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:28am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
u only said tithes....
but Dats not my line of argument....I was simply saying ur tithes are not d very reason why u r successful or wealthy or safe or healthy....dat its by d grace of d lord all mighty....ur testimony can b likened 2 a winners member last year whose car was not burnt just because according 2 him,he went to Shiloh....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 11:30am On Jan 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

Your pastor = God ?
FYI, my pastor is an example of good pastors worth emulating, for example, he doesn't touch church fund, there is the church body responsible for that. He has his own personal work that he do for a living and does not depend on church fund for a living. That is not to say that the pastors that are living on church fund (in form of salary) are not good pastors. The truth is that the bible foretold 'wolf in sheep's clothing' so, we should not be suprised to see fake pastors among the good ones, afterall, Judas chooses to follow the wrong paths despite being Jesus disciple.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

No because He was yet to die ??
How can He condemn the same law He came to fulfill
After His death ... we were instructed not to live by the law because Christ has already fulfiled the law

It's not true .He hadn't died yet when he talked about it .
. What you call a new law is still the old law re emphasized .

Leviticus 19:18 (KJV Strong's)
18 . . . . but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

Mark 12:29-31 (KJV Strong's)
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

He was rather quoting the old . But emphasized a part which included the rest . So the deed of the law are not wrong in themselves . But it is wrong to seek to be justified by them . You're justified by faith .

If Jesus endorsed tithing while he was yet alive and he endorsed law of love while he was yet alive . Why would you condemn the tithes and uphold the law of love

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 11:37am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

u only said tithes....
but Dats not my line of argument....I was simply saying ur tithes are not d very reason why u r successful or wealthy or safe or healthy....dat its by d grace of d lord all mighty....ur testimony can b likened 2 a winners member last year whose car was not burnt just because according 2 him,he went to Shiloh....
once again, we are different beings. Your ideology and perception of life is totally different from mine and I can not force mine on you and you cannot force yours on mine, we do what suits us better. My God has been good to me and I have been paying my tithe as usual, why do you have any problem with it? If you are not paying tithe and it is good for you, then go ahead and stop bringing negative things about the church to the media to spite christianity. instead, channel your problems/grievances to the right channel, meet the so called pastors and ask/confront them with it and iron out the differences with them.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
once again, we are different beings. Your ideology and perception of life is totally different from mine and I can not force mine on you and you cannot force yours on mine, we do what suits us better. My God has been good to me and I have been paying my tithe as usual, why do you have any problem with it? If you are not paying tithe and it is good for you, then go ahead and stop bringing negative things about the church to the media to spite christianity. instead, channel your problems/grievances to the right channel, meet the so called pastors and ask/confront them with it and iron out the differences with them.

EXCELLENCE POST

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 11:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Do you know the purpose of tithes ??
tell me if you know.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:40am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
FYI, my pastor is an example of good pastors worth emulating, for example, he doesn't touch church fund, there is the church body responsible for that. He has his own personal work that he do for a living and does not depend on church fund for a living. That is not to say that the pastors that are living on church fund (in form of salary) are not good pastors. The truth is that the bible foretold 'wolf in sheep's clothing' so, we should not be suprised to see fake pastors among the good ones, afterall, Judas chooses to follow the wrong paths despite being Jesus disciple.

More excellent post. Satan just using certain individuals to try rubish the body of christ. Pastors are rather tithers and givers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by soloehis(m): 11:41am On Jan 23, 2017
truthfully
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

He was rather quoting the old . But emphasized a part which included the rest . So the deed of the law are not wrong in themselves . But it is wrong to seek to be justified by them . You're justified by faith .

If Jesus endorsed tithing while he was yet alive and he endorsed law of love while he was yet alive . Why would you condemn the tithes and uphold the law of love

its important 2 march scripture with scripture in order 2 get a better perspective of d issue....

Hebrews 10:1
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming— not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

romans 13:8 - 10

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” a and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” b 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

The law of love was there .. fine
Tithing was also in the mosaic law
In John 13:34 .. Jesus called the loving law a new law that He is giving
Do you know more than Jesus
He is actually God Himself
And if He calls it a new commandment ..
Who are you to say it was already part of the the law
Didn't He know
Why then does He call it new

Hebrew 8:13
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
tell me if you know.
To feed the Levite priest To feed the poor .. widow .. fatherless etc To eat it yourself during a feast

Which one are you fulfilling by tithing ?? And are you happy obeying a law ?? Then live by the law because that is what Paul say And by so doing you have aliented yourself from Christ and grace ..
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 11:52am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:

Lol....am not trying to make u stop tithing...cos am of d opinion dat u may never stop until u find out d truth...u see its easy 2 attribute d good things in ur life because of d tithes u pay....am not trying 2 b negative.... am only asking u 2 search d scriptures and see for urself...I was once an advocate for tithes without understanding d scripture...but wen I saw d truth,it took me a while cos I was living in self-denial....now I know beta....

if u really want to know how controversial d aspect of tithe is,just go tru the first post by the op...

how many pastors or ministers open Deuteronomy 14?

Lets say u were right about ur tithe payments,how many pastors obey d directive from Deuteronomy 14 on tithes?

now dat u have read Deuteronomy 14:22 to d end,will you be able to eat ur tithes every year as instructed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:58am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Why did you choose the WEB version

For you to understand the passage and my point better.

Lets go to King James for better understanding

And why chose king James ?

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

From here you can clearly see that Jesus called tithe a lighter part of the law
The pharisees and scribes chose the lighter part of the law and eschewed the weightier part of the law
And Jesus said they should do both

Beautiful. He called it lighter part compared to justice ,faithfulness etc . I don't have problem with that at all. But he said to do all. He endorsed tithing . That's all that matter.

Did Jesus say Christians should tithe

1 Corinthians 9:14 (KJV)
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Why didnt He tell His disciples to tithe but the pharisees

Because the disciples didn't have the hypocritical problem the Pharisees had . Jesus wanted a balance . He was quick to rebuke the deciles when they erred as well

Abrahams tithe was from war booty
How many times did he even tithe ??
Is it not only once
Why didn't he continue doing it

It was a lifestyle but That's the only record we had . Remembered God testified that Abraham would teach his household his ways .and Jacob tithed as well. Remembered when he made his own commitment to God as he learnt from Abraham

Genesis 28:22 (KJV Strong's)
22 . . . and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Cash was given as tithe only when the giver wants to keep his produce

At least they gave cash for tithes and offering

The money was again used to and buy the produce

No one paid tithe with a dog
We don't pay tithes with dogs

They redeemed unclean animals

Leviticus 27:27 (KJV Strong's)
27 And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

People gave tithe and offering of their possession. In cash or kind.

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by freshcvvs: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Addition of what? Other translations? So which one of them do you prefer? Kjv or rsv

The one that came first KJV before NKJV that smuggled in some words not found in the previous version.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

The law of love was there .. fine
Tithing was also in the mosaic law
In John 13:34 .. Jesus called the loving law a new law that He is giving
Do you know more than Jesus
He is actually God Himself
And if He calls it a new commandment ..
Who are you to say it was already part of the the law
Didn't He know
Why then does He call it new

Hebrew 8:13
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

For you to understand the passage and my point better.

Beautiful. He called it lighter part compared to justice ,faithfulness etc . I don't have problem with that at all. But he said to do all. He endorsed tithing . That's all that matter.

From what you posted did you realise why they paid money ??
Tithing is a law
Why should you obey a law and alient yourself from Christ ??
He endorsed tithing because He was fufilling the law
After he fufilled it and died
We were instructed not to live by the law again
Why then go back to it ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
freshcvvs:

The one that came first KJV before NKJV that smuggled in some words not found in the previous version.

Brother, There were over 5 translations before kjv came . So kjv was not the first bible in English . Don't condemn a translation because it doesn't fit your ideology

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.