Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96046 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

Lol....am not trying to make u stop tithing...cos am of d opinion dat u may never stop until u find out d truth...u see its easy 2 attribute d good things in ur life because of d tithes u pay....am not trying 2 b negative.... am only asking u 2 search d scriptures and see for urself...I was once an advocate for tithes without understanding d scripture...but wen I saw d truth,it took me a while cos I was living in self-denial....now I know beta....

if u really want to know how controversial d aspect of tithe is,just go tru the first post by the op...

how many pastors or ministers open Deuteronomy 14?

Lets say u were right about ur tithe payments,how many pastors obey d directive from Deuteronomy 14 on tithes?

now dat u have read Deuteronomy 14:22 to d end,will you be able to eat ur tithes every year as instructed?
Does the bible says that I will not make heaven if I am paying my tithe to the church? NO. Therefore, I don't have any problem paying it.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

To feed the Levite priest
To feed the poor .. widow .. fatherless etc
To eat it yourself during a feast

Which one are you fulfilling by tithing ??
And are you happy obeying a law ??
Then live by the law because that is what Paul say
And by so doing you have aliented yourself from Christ and grace ..
Oga, did paul say particularly that giving tithe to the church is wrong. if so maybe you give me the bible verse.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:
From what you posted did you realise why they paid money ??

Sure , they only bring what could be used in the house of God. But whatever God can't use . You give cash for it. Also traders give in cash .

Tithing is a law

It's only contained in the law. It was already in existence before the law . Just as worship ,thanksgiving, offferings ,prayers . Alsmgiving .

Why should you obey a law and alient yourself from Christ ??

We give tithes and offerings because they are principles in Gods kingdom . Just as offerings , prayers ,almsgiving and honoring parents not because the law say so . But because God is pleased with them and they are principles in the kingdom of God . Ever before the law came

He endorsed tithing because He was fufilling the law

The new law was in the law also grin . Love the lord thy God , love thy Neighbour

After he fufilled it and died
We were instructed not to live by the law again
Why then go back to it ??

The principles of God mentioned in the law are not wrong in themselves . What Is wrong is to seek justification by them .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Does the bible says that I will not make heaven if I am paying my tithe to the church? NO. Therefore, I don't have any problem paying it.
bro I asked u simple questions... though u haven't answered any...and no am not implying dat ur tithe payment will either take u 2 hell or heaven...my emphasis is based on d scriptures and not human insertions....pls kindly answer my questions... tanks bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by freshcvvs: 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Brother, There were over 5 translations before kjv came . So kjv was not the first bible in English . Don't condemn a translation because it doesn't fit your ideology

Pls read to comprehend sir.

So go back and read the post you quoted again.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

So you mean tithing is not a law ??
Why did Jesus classify it as a lighter part of the law ??

I hope you don't have comprehension issues? I told you he was addressing the pharisees and therefore the law of moses...HE wasn't necessarily afffirming that tithing is of the law.

but i asked, Is Jesus dumb enough not to know that tithing predated the law? undecided
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

You are my fellow .. lol
We are against tithe

undecided undecided undecided

Answer me.. Was Jesus not smart enough to know tithing came long before moses and the law?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Yes He made her live and told her to go and sin no more
He didn't condemn the law
Though He was fufilling the law .. because He came to save .. He didnt allow them to stone her
He would have allowed it if He didn't come to save us also

Thats why He could heal on the sabath ..

ask someone to read this out and listen to yourself grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Oga, did paul say particularly that giving tithe to the church is wrong. if so maybe you give me the bible verse.
first of dere is no scripture dat appoints or ordains pastors or ministers 2 take tithes on behalf of Christ or God.....if such can not be found,den such instructions or teachings are wrong and such b condemned!
if u really want 2 tithe like u said,follow d instructions of Deuteronomy 14;
Deuteronomy 26;
numbers 18;
Leviticus 27
dese scriptures and more are the ways of tithing....any oda form is an error.....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
meybe you need big lenses to show us that Jesus never said verbatim"yes you must tithe" so you need a dictionary to make a forceful statement, you be real fraudster

What is the meaning of "Ought"?

I don't have time for kids o, i am not sharing cheese balls and caprisonne here
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:

Did Paul teach about tithing though he taught much about giving ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:

I will like you to read this article
http://www.askelm.com/tithing/thi003.htm
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

Lol...its common sense bro....
he wud have allowed dem to kill the adulterous woman...he knew d law was against her...he knew she was guilty...all he simply did was ask a simple question.... "if any of you have been without sin sud cast the first stone...."
so in other words,it means that those who were about to stone that woman had already done worse dat her....hence they left one by one....
Jesus didn't condemn deir acts...lol

did you understand my post at all, in relation to his?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

What is the meaning of "Ought"?

I don't have time for kids o, i am not sharing cheese balls and caprisonne here
bro gombs,I guess u and every oda person here is trying 2 share ideas and acquire knowledge from scripture...wat u have said is unchristian and mostly uncharitable.....we r not here 2 win an argument.... but to learn....why go into insults....unbelievable!!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

did you understand my post at all, in relation to his?
absolutely....do u have any reservations...?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

ask someone to read this out and listen to yourself grin grin grin
He came to save He was fulfilling the law too Can you say He violated the law because He didnt allow them to stone her No .. because His purpose of saving will be thwarted
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:
Hebrew 8:13
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

The law is the law of God. It reveals Gods mind and principles . Without the law you will have no knowledge of what is right or wrong.

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:12 (KJV)
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Men wanted justification by the works of the law. The works of the law are good in themselves . They are Gods principle . Except the part christ fulfilled . Righteousnes only came by christ .

Philippians 3:9 (KJV)
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

If you study the Bible well you will notice that every condemnation of the law has to do with seeking righteousness or justification. It lacked the power to make a man righteous but the deed of the law are good in themselves .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

undecided undecided undecided

Answer me.. Was Jesus not smart enough to know tithing came long before moses and the law?

He knew it came before Moses yet He called it a law
If God calls tithing a law .. who is human to say it existed before the law so it is not a law ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

The law of love was there .. fine
Tithing was also in the mosaic law
In John 13:34 .. Jesus called the loving law a new law that He is giving
Do you know more than Jesus
He is actually God Himself
And if He calls it a new commandment ..
Who are you to say it was already part of the the law
Didn't He know
Why then does He call it new

Hebrew 8:13
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Son, He called it a new commandment because Love replaces all other laws. Romans 8: 12-14

the new commandment of love was different from that of Moses.., JEsus said "love one another as i have loved you"... Moses' love law was totally different from this, his was "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". Jesus' is about loving with His measure of Love, Moses' was about our own measure
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

I hope you don't have comprehension issues? I told you he was addressing the pharisees and therefore the law of moses...HE wasn't necessarily afffirming that tithing is of the law.

but i asked, Is Jesus dumb enough not to know that tithing predated the law? undecided

Tithing is in the law of Moses my friend
Jesus called it a lighter part of the law
Who are you to say it is not a law ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Brother, There were over 5 translations before kjv came . So kjv was not the first bible in English . Don't condemn a translation because it doesn't fit your ideology

abi ooooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

Son, He called it a new commandment because Love replaces all other laws. Romans 8: 12-14

the new commandment of love was different from that of Moses.., JEsus said "love one another as i have loved you"... Moses' love law was totally different from this, his was "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". Jesus' is about loving with His measure of Love, Moses' was about our own measure

Meaning it is a new commandment in Christ
In Christ we have that commandment
And not the law of Moses
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Quote where Jesus said tithe is law

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

The law is the law of God. It reveals Gods mind and principles . Without the law you will have no knowledge of what is right or wrong.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Men wanted justification by the works of the law. The works of the law are good in themselves . They are Gods principle . Except the part christ fulfilled . Righteousnes only came by christ .

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

If you study the Bible well you will notice that every condemnation of the law has to do with seeking righteousness or justification. It lacked the power to make a man righteous but the deed of the law are good in themselves .

Hebrews 7:11 -12
11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?
12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Hebrews 7:18
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Remember....without a new law,dere can never b a new priesthood or covenant....wen Christ became high priest,a new covenant which had a new law was given....

Hebrews 8:7 - 13

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.
8 But God found fault with the people and said b :
“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.” c
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

I will like you to read this article
http://www.askelm.com/tithing/thi003.htm

Did Paul teach about Honoring parents? What was he quoting?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

bro gombs,I guess u and every oda person here is trying 2 share ideas and acquire knowledge from scripture...wat u have said is unchristian and mostly uncharitable.....we r not here 2 win an argument.... but to learn....why go into insults....unbelievable!!

i didn't insult you, besides, one of you "team" members called us swindlers, you sure didn't see that, right?

weldone o
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Why practise something doesnt justify you
The law of tithing made provision for the poor .. widow .. levite priests .. eating it during festivals
So why tithe to a church ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

He came to save
He was fulfilling the law too
Can you say He violated the law because He didnt allow them to stone her
No .. because His purpose of saving will be thwarted

So, Jesus paid tithes then, right?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dsaynt: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Good
But tithe is a law
God Himself called it a law though it existed before the law
Likewise circumsision existed before the law but is classified as a law
And Paul said if anyone practise it ... Christ will be of no profit to him or her and he or she will be a debtor to the whole law
Thus .. the person will be under a curse

Point of correction ...I don't agree with saying that Tithes pre existed the levites. What Abram gave was not tithe. He gave out of his spoils of war and not from his income (he had flocks of animals he also traded on), also it was a one off. Tithes were specific to the Levites.

So you are on the right track just that part sha. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Gbammmmmmm

simple and short. All those burnt offerings aren't done today because Jesus was the perfect offering...no need for atonement etc..no need for such laws...but, incest,bestiality, etc are under the law...have they been abolished too?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

That means one of you is wrong....so, who's wrong? Jesus or You? grin

If God calls tithing a law .. who is human to say it existed before the law so it is not a law ??

So, God forgot about Abraham and Jacob's tithing? Wow grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Why practise something doesnt justify you

Because they are kingdom principles .secondly I'm justified and these are works of righteousness. Don't you practice what doesn't justify you?

The law of tithing made provision for the poor .. widow .. levite priests .. eating it during festivals
So why tithe to a church ??

There were 3 kinds of tithes in the Bible . Only one is shared with widows . It's different from the tithe giving to God

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.