Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96374 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 7:00am On Jan 31, 2017
I don't want this to offend you-but I always say its best to get somethings out in the open, enough is enough, you are right you should leave this post Mr Gombs-you are not winning-no one in their right minds have listened to you over the time you have been quoting about tithes-None of us, can find the twist, and turns, you seem to find in scripture every time you open your mouth.
I have watched you over time, and still you haven't the slightest idea why the law was made and why Moses felt it was necessary for certain people to pay tithes and what were the tithes and why, only a certain few.
Moses never made the law on tithing for everybody-he didn't make it for greed, the way you like playing the game.
You believe in something that is completely unbiblical-you have made a complete mockery out from it, "man" some of the things you come up with, shows you are more into the world, then you are with God.
Watching, a lot of television, won't save you, listening to these so called preachers of God who are labeled Prosperity preachers, won't save you, or it can do is give someone idea's how to rip off a nation, and gain finances quickly and plenty of it.
It is good you have decided to leave this page-it may close down-but only for the best of things-our new comers don't need to listen to a false prophets such as you Mr Gombs. Take with you, your co worker Mr petral another who leans only on you, for his answers.
Gombs:

Don't mind these newbies. See why I don't hesitate to set them straight?

grin grin grin

Unlike them who dubiously hide behind new monikers and feel great about themselves.

You know why they keep saying we're teammates (remember we were once accused of being same), it's because we are the only tithers willing to waste time with these folks. grin grin grin

Haven't you seen we've been repeating ourselves and they keep changing posts

1. Tithe is a law
2. Tithing was of war spoils, did you go to war?
3. Tithers will go to hell
4. Melchizedek did this, Jesus said that
5. Jacob' tithing was....
6. Tithing isn't monetary
7. Etc

Leave this thread now and watch it die faster than any possible thing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by LambanoPeace: 8:26am On Jan 31, 2017
brocab:
You can't see the answer?
How much money do you need Mr Gombs-before you seek after the truth about God.

Answer yes or no please. I'm very interested in this answer too. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha... as usual...lol
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:15am On Jan 31, 2017
LambanoPeace:

Epp me ask him to be plain... I tire for this stunt.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:

It means as long as other biblical principles applies to the church such as prayer. , worship ,offering ,tithing also does .

It is clear from this your answer that it’s likely you are UNABLE to explain what ‘eternal principles’ are or what that phrase means. You guys must have picked it up from somewhere and are now using it to sidetrack or deflect others from seeing your true motives for tithing.

Not all biblical principles of previous dispensations apply to the church. If Acts 15 does not clear that in your mind then I doubt if anything will.

Therefore, a SINCERE Christian would want to KNOW what applies to the church today. That a thing is in the Bible DOES NOT necessarily mean it applies to the church. The church HOLDS a higher position in God’s plan than any other past dispensations or any that is to come! You will be belittling the church to think that you can lump it up with any other dispensation.

I genuinely hope that your inability or perhaps unwillingness to clearly explain yourself does not mean you’re being DECEPTIVE. Perhaps it is that you do not really understand a phrase you may have picked up from some pastor or somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2017
plainbibletruth:

It is clear from this your answer that it’s likely you are UNABLE to explain what ‘eternal principles’ are or what that phrase means. You guys must have picked it up from somewhere and are now using it to sidetrack or deflect others from seeing your true motives for tithing.

Not all biblical principles of previous dispensations apply to the church. If Acts 15 does not clear that in your mind then I doubt if anything will.

Therefore, a SINCERE Christian would want to KNOW what applies to the church today. That a thing is in the Bible DOES NOT necessarily mean it applies to the church. The church HOLDS a higher position in God’s plan than any other past dispensations or any that is to come! You will be belittling the church to think that you can lump it up with any other dispensation.

I genuinely hope that your inability or perhaps unwillingness to clearly explain yourself does not mean you’re being DECEPTIVE. Perhaps it is that you do not really understand a phrase you may have picked up from some pastor or somewhere.
Very True....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2017
To be truthful I wouldn't mind if Mr Gombs would answer this question. But since you aren't sure about the answer of this simple question either. and Mr Gombs is backing away from it.
Then I will leave it to you to answer it for him, since you yourself is a tither How much money do you need before you seek the truth about God.
Its simple, answer this and the truth will reveal itself?
LambanoPeace:

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 11:18am On Jan 31, 2017
Are you such a coward you are asking others to answer for you Mr Gomb? How much money do you tithers need, before you seek the truth about God.
The answer is so simple for those who know the truth...
Gombs:

Epp me ask him to be plain... I tire for this stunt.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
brocab:
To be truthful I wouldn't mind if Mr Gombs would answer this question. But since you aren't sure about the answer of this simple question either. and Mr Gombs is backing away from it.
Then I will leave it to you to answer it for him, since you yourself is a tither How much money do you need before you seek the truth about God.
Its simple, answer this and the truth will reveal itself?

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew

LambanoPeace, forget this guy.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
brocab:
Are you such a coward you are asking others to answer for you Mr Gomb? How much money do you tithers need, before you seek the truth about God.
The answer is so simple for those who know the truth...

I think we're done here.

You posted a video that said tithers and their pastor's are going to hell. I asked you if you endorsed it... Na him you begin beat around the bush..

Bro, no vex, abeg shift make I pass.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
1. Today’s tithing as pushed by TITHERS AND CHURCHES is fraudulent and mischievous.
2. The Malachi tithe was one and the same as that found in the Law of Moses.
3. NOTHING in the Law of Moses on tithing specified MONETARY TITHING.
4. ONLY AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE were tithed.
5. Changing WHAT, WHERE & WHO to pay tithe to by today’s churches means TWISTING the word of God for selfish gain.
6. None of those who push tithing can show that the Apostles practiced it nor the early church generations that followed them.
7. When they are cornered by explanation of Malachi passage they resort to “Kingdom Principles” or “Eternal Principles” – phrases they cannot explain.
8. Today’s tithers claim to be under the New Covenant yet they REFUSE to follow anything in the BLUEPRINT for the New Covenant – the epistles which actually explains what the SHADOW of the Old Covenant represented.
9. Instead they ‘copy and paste’ from here and there to soothe their consciences, even where it is against God’s clear mandate. As long as they like it or they think they are getting ‘results’ they justify their position.
10. Majority of today’s tithers do it because of any of the following:
- Fear instilled in them by pastors.
- Claims that some benefit comes from it.
- Pressure of one form or the other
- Lack of knowledge of the Christian life in the New Covenant.
11. Under the New Covenant EVERY CHRISTIAN is a priest (1 Peter 2: 5, 9) PASTORS only hold different position BECAUSE of their SPIRITUAL GIFTS. Therefore even if – and that’s a big ‘if’ for that matter – tithing were to be applied to the church, all PRIESTS should be partakers of it.
12. Tithers of today have CLOSED their eyes to how the church gave and administered what believers gave as stated in the Bible. NONE of them follow their example, NONE. How come?

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.
Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be
BURDENED again by a yoke of slavery" Galatians 5: 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by OlaoChi: 1:21am On Feb 01, 2017
petra1:

You be atheist ? Wetin you deny do for here na? Leave religion thins for religion people.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (NLT)
14 But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

We are one in christ either Jew or gentile

Why would the Almighty Creator of Everything ever have had a 'chosen people' ? even if there is a chosen race why not your race? why semetic jews?

you talk about spiritual and spirit, questions for you ., what is a Spirit? and what stands to be Spiritual?

Atheist are not the only ones smart enough to see the fraud of Christianity
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2017
OlaoChi:

Why would the Almighty Creator of Everything ever have had a 'chosen people' ? even if there is a chosen race why not your race? why semetic jews?

Firstly ,Nigeria wasn't in existence secondly God always use somebody .he didn't chose a race , He chose a man. Abraham . And now he is a universal God. In christ all race are one because of Abraham . Abraham wasn't a Jew .

Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

you talk about spiritual and spirit, questions for you ., what is a Spirit? and what stands to be Spiritual?

Atheist are not the only ones smart enough to see the fraud of Christianity[/quote]

You're curious to know about God because of the vacuum of your heart . I have answers for you . About God . Just be humble to ask sincere questions.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:46am On Feb 01, 2017
plainbibletruth:

It is clear from this your answer that it’s likely you are UNABLE to explain what ‘eternal principles’ are or what that phrase means. You guys must have picked it up from somewhere and are now using it to sidetrack or deflect others from seeing your true motives for tithing

Eternal principles simply means . There's no end to them . No time limit. No end to tithes. Offerings ,prayers ,good works etc. They are principles in the kingdom of God. . I know you guys know what I'm talking about. You just don't want to admit it. If you don't give to God it's your business. But the truth remains . You're robbing God . Coming up with theological jargon to excuse your conscience doesn't change the fact.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:53am On Feb 01, 2017
openmine:

...If U say Abraham tithed before the law because it was a "eternal principle",we can as well claim that burnt offering or burning of incense or circumcision was also a spiritual or eternal principle since it was done before the law....
Christ has filled that. Burnt offering is a sin offering. Jesus is atonement for sin. There's is no replacement for tithes ,nor free will giving nor alms to the poor . Nor honor for your father and mother . GIVE GOD HIS TITHE AND OFFERING. you can't worship God with emptiness and spend all on your self by pretending you're not aware .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2017
petra1:

Christ has filled that. Burnt offering is a sin offering. Jesus is atonement for sin. There's is no replacement for tithes ,nor free will giving nor alms to the poor . Nor honor for your father and mother .

Dats my issue with U petra1....
was it only burnt offering or sin offering that he "filled"?
wat about burning of incense?
the question U still have not answered is where was tithe an eternal principle before,during and after the law in the scriptures?
God is not an author of confusion....if he knew the importance of tithe,he wud have instructed Paul or peter to inform the converted gentile to also tithe in acts?

petra1:

GIVE GOD HIS TITHE AND OFFERING. you can't worship God with emptiness and spend all on your self by pretending you're not aware .

which tithe are U referring to?
If I can recall,U mean the "law tithe" ?
But U said the tithe U observe predated the law...in other words,it existed before the law which U labelled an 'eternal principle'....Unfortunately, U and other faithful tithers have been unable to show scriptures to prove that Abraham was actually obeying an eternal principle wen he offered the 10th of war spoils to king Melchizedek!

Which mean it was a man made insertion....which has been causing disharmony in the body of Christ...

why didn't the early Christians tithe in acts?
Why will U say wat God has not said...?
who told U God needs ur money?

who told U money was d very reason why God blesses us..?

So according to petra1,God is now a ponzi scheme or a baba ijebu that offers wealth in exchange 4 ur money?

U can deceive some gullible fellows with that fraudulent concept,but U can't deceive everyone...

Saying man can't worship God with emptiness is disrespectful and a mockery of the sovereignty of God almighty...

God demands our praise and worship with a sincere and loving heart willing to know him and serve him with love and zeal!

God is our beloved father.... wud a loving and faithful father demand ur money or possession before helping his children?

U and many tithers are the reasons why atheists mock and insult God on the religious section with these fraudulent and manipulative theologies...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2017
petra1

Eternal principles simply means . There's no end to them . No time limit. No end to tithes. Offerings ,prayers ,good works etc. They are principles in the kingdom of God. .
It is clear that you have been UNABLE to give clear biblical support for your ‘eternal principles’ jargon. You were asked OVER AND OVER AGAIN to provide simple explanations and point to ANY SCRIPTURE to justify your position but you have not been able to do so.
When and where in the Bible were these ‘eternal principles’ set up? How according to the Bible are they to be observed?

I know you guys know what I'm talking about.You just don't want to admit it.
How can we ‘KNOW’ what you are talking about when you have refused to make it plain?

If you don't give to God it's your business. But the truth remains . You're robbing God . Coming up with theological jargon to excuse your conscience doesn't change the fact.
No one is talking about not giving to God. The Scripture is clear for the Christian to know enough about giving. So, MAKE NO MISTAKE about this; no one is saying ‘don’t give to God’.
The issue again is this: THERE IS NO MANDATE IN SCRIPTURE FOR THE NEW COVENANT BELIEVER TO TITHE COMPULSORILY!

We have not used any ‘theological jargon’, rather it is you TITHERS that have done so with your ‘eternal principle’, ‘tithing by faith’ ‘revelation’, etc. jargon. What we have done is use scripture upon scripture to show you God’s position on giving for today.

You guys are the ones who want to SOOTHE your consciences – because you’re afraid you may be ‘robbing’ God – by insisting on and yoking yourselves to MANDATORY TITHING.

The TRUTH is there for the Christian to see – how did your fellow Christians (New Covenant believers) in the Bible give to God? Sincerely seeking the answer to that question will make you move ahead.

“… Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” 2 Corinthians 3:17

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2017
plainbibletruth:

It is clear that you have been UNABLE to give clear biblical support for your ‘eternal principles’ jargon. You were asked OVER AND OVER AGAIN to provide simple explanations and point to ANY SCRIPTURE to justify your position but you have not been able to do so.
When and where in the Bible were these ‘eternal principles’ set up? How according to the Bible are they to be observed?

How can we ‘KNOW’ what you are talking about when you have refused to make it plain?

There is no point presenting more scriptures to you . If you can't see it from the points I've raised you can't see in . Until God unveils . Because your mind is set on rubishing whatever point raised .

No one is talking about not giving to God. The Scripture is clear for the Christian to know enough about giving. So, MAKE NO MISTAKE about this; no one is saying ‘don’t give to God’.
The issue again is this: THERE IS NO MANDATE IN SCRIPTURE FOR THE NEW COVENANT BELIEVER TO TITHE COMPULSORILY!

Is there a mandate to honor parents , is there a mandate not to commit incest. In the church .

We have not used any ‘theological jargon’, rather it is you TITHERS that have done so with your ‘eternal principle’, ‘tithing by faith’ ‘revelation’, etc. jargon. What we have done is use scripture upon scripture to show you God’s position on giving for today.

You guys are the ones who want to SOOTHE your consciences – because you’re afraid you may be ‘robbing’ God – by insisting on and yoking yourselves to MANDATORY TITHING

The TRUTH is there for the Christian to see – how did your fellow Christians (New Covenant believers) in the Bible give to God? Sincerely seeking the answer to that question will make you move ahead.
“… Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” 2 Corinthians 3:17

Brother there are somethings I'm restraining myself from saying it will be waste of time because I'm not dealing with an objective seeker of truth but rather someone who is out to mock the faith of another . But I will say this. The church age is only a dispensation. It will end . The principles of God continues. The church age is only a part of the kingdom of God . The principles of the kingdom will always be . Men will always worship God with substance
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
openmine:

Dats my issue with U petra1....
was it only burnt offering or sin offering that he "filled"?
wat about burning of incense?

It's still all part of atonement for sin.

the question U still have not answered is where was tithe an eternal principle before,during and after the law in the scriptures?
God is not an author of confusion..

As I said above . There's no point asking me question over and over when your mind is set to rubbish every fact presented .

..if he knew the importance of tithe,he wud have instructed Paul or peter to inform the converted gentile to also tithe in acts?

Did he tell the church incest was wrong? Why would he be giving them such when it was a life style. Paul only addressed the church in the areas they had issues .

which tithe are U referring to?
If I can recall,U mean the "law tithe" ?
But U said the tithe U observe predated the law...in other words,it existed before the law which U labelled an 'eternal principle'....Unfortunately, U and other faithful tithers have been unable to show scriptures to prove that Abraham was actually obeying an eternal principle wen he offered the 10th of war spoils to king Melchizedek!

My brother . Abraham tithed because it was a principle of faith revealed to him . The law was only a confirmation. Every thing starts from somewhere . Men were not praying to God before until a period in the Generation of Enos .

Genesis 4:26
. . . and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Why have you not outdated prayer despite the fact that it was in the law. Why is it only in the area of giving . We come up with double standard revelation. Offerings and tithes ,prayers worship are Gods kingdom principle

Which mean it was a man made insertion....which has been causing disharmony in the body of Christ...

There had never been a disharmony until few of you in this generation started bringing up new ideas . I've been tithing and giving offering from childhood. And the more I study the more I see the reason for it

why didn't the early Christians tithe in acts?
Why will U say wat God has not said...?

Why didn't the early church condemn or preach against incest ?

who told U God needs ur money?

Because whatever God gives you is to serve him . Those who don't give him his due are worshiping mammon with nice excuse .

who told U money was d very reason why God blesses us..?

When did I say that ?

So according to petra1,God is now a ponzi scheme or a baba ijebu that offers wealth in exchange 4 ur money?

U can deceive some gullible fellows with that fraudulent concept,but U can't deceive everyone...

Quote what I say pls. Besides are you saying there's no receiving in giving?

Saying man can't worship God with emptiness is disrespectful and a mockery of the sovereignty of God almighty...

God demands our praise and worship with a sincere and loving heart willing to know him and serve him with love and zeal!

God is our beloved father...

You love him with mouth only ? You see what we are talking about .

wud a loving and faithful father demand ur money or possession before helping his children?
U and many tithers are the reasons why atheists mock and insult God on the religious section with these fraudulent and manipulative theologies...

God doesn't need our giving to bless us . He has blessed us from the foundation of the world in christ. One thing is God giving another thing Is you recieving . Every act of obedience carry a grace . There's a grace that accompany tithes and offerings . It opens widows to receive. There is a grace for honouring your parents . It cause prosperity and long life . There a grace for prayers ,there is a grace that accompany submission. etc. So it's left to individuals . Stop using such language as compulsory tithing . Everything is by choice .even salvation
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
petra1:

It's still all part of atonement for sin.

good...is there a scripture that burning of incense has been abolished?
If dere is please provide one for it....
And if I may remind U petra1,ALL the laws of moses were part of the atonement for sin....
scriptures wasn't specific dat some laws were abolished while some remained!

As I said above . There's no point asking me question over and over when your mind is set to rubbish every fact presented .

The reason behind the insistence is because Ur argument lacks substance...d scriptures u presented talked about a law not a pre existing principle which U claim has no relationship with d law

Did he tell the church incest was wrong? Why would he be giving them such when it was a life style. Paul only addressed the church in the areas they had issues .

being rhetorical doesn't suit U...it only makes u look evasive...
In oda words it was a lifestyle for Abraham to sleep with a maid right?
It was also a lifestyle for Abraham to lie?
The issues Paul addressed are well documented in the scriptures and dere is no portion where he included tithes...
If dere was a better place where Paul wud have inserted tithes,it wud have been in 2 Corinthians 8 or 9....
but none mentioned tithes but free will giving....Even the early Christians in acts practised free will giving in Act 4....wouldn't dat have been a beautiful moment to introduce tithes to the gentiles?

My brother . Abraham tithed because it was a principle of faith revealed to him . The law was only a confirmation. Every thing starts from somewhere . Men were not praying to God before until a period in the Generation of Enos .

Genesis 4:26
. . . and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Hahahahahahahahaha.... So the principle of tithe was revealed to him with no reference from the scripture except him giving war spoils to melkezedek...
how is it possible that no scripture captured this superb revelation by Abraham on the principle of tithe?
Even when Paul was describing Abraham as the father of faith,he didn't even utter that revelation about tithe...chai

Do u see how empty and illogical such analogy from U sounds?
bro pls stop lying...Dis is based on Ur own analogy..Very faulty!

Why have you not outdated prayer despite the fact that it was in the law. Why is it only in the area of giving . We come up with double standard revelation. Offerings and tithes ,prayers worship are Gods kingdom principle

and yet of all the laws of moses,only tithe passed the test of fire according to bro petra1

There had never been a disharmony until few of you in this generation started bringing up new ideas .

Wrong bro,disharmony actually started wen some pastors wanted to fleece the congregation by inputting wat was not in d bible....
The early Christians didn't tithe...tithe was never mentioned to the early Christians...rather Paul asked the churches to imbibe "the gift of giving" 2 Corinthians 8
There was real harmony and peace in d body of Christ cos many believers gave out of their own heart which made some to sell their lands and present them at the feet of the apostles to care for those who don't have (Acts 4)

I've been tithing and giving offering from childhood. And the more I study the more I see the reason for it

Wrong bro....U worship God and went to a church because,ur parents were Christians..U tithed because U saw ur parents doing so...U went to church because Ur parents did...U wore ur best clothes because ur parents told U so....during childhood,U did everything u did based on the lifestyle of ur parents...and besides,u had no options den....so don't make up that weak excuse...

Why didn't the early church condemn or preach against incest ?
If Dats a path u want to take,let's start....

Wud u need the law of moses to stop you from killing?
Do u need the law to make U avoid looking at Jr neighbour's wife seductively?
Do u need d law to stop U from stealing?
Do u need a law to make U love?
D
finally,do U need a law to make U avoid making love or hitting on ur siblings?

Because whatever God gives you is to serve him . Those who don't give him his due are worshiping mammon with nice excuse .

God is Ur father and he is willing to make all grace abound to U so that in all things and at all times,having all daT u need will abound in every Good Thing...2 Corinthians 9
He is our father not a master or draconian ruler or a kalokalo master....

Wud ur earthly father ask anything from U wen he is already wealthy?

When did I say that ?

....Go tru Ur previous posts....it obvious u forget wat U have written..

Quote what I say pls. Besides are you saying there's no receiving in giving?

Giving is based on a generous heart,expecting nothing in return from the receiver,
besides,God has made u a wealth reservoir..
U a wealth reservoir because of the promise given in Genesis 12 by God to Abraham...

why wud a wealth reservoir who always gives run out of supply or want to receive...?

..why wud a wealth reservoir want to get wat he or she already has in abundance.... does that make sense?

You love him with mouth only ? You see what we are talking about .

God doesn't need ur money or wealth....ur money or wealth is a physical proof that he is an over wealthy God..
Saying that God needs Ur money is insulting to him...
God is not a man..doesn't think like a man...If God were to be a man,he wud never have offered his son Jesus for the world..keep dat in mind

Like I said,God demands our praises and thanks not our money....

Ur money and by extension ur wealth sud b used to help and provide for others even ministers of the gospel...its a benevolent act which I know wud b hard for U to comprehend based on ur tithe stand...

God doesn't need our giving to bless us . He has blessed us from the foundation of the world in christ.

Very Good...am surprised Dis is coming from U who believes u must offer God sum tin b4 he blesses U

One thing is God giving another thing Is you recieving . Every act of obedience carry a grace .

There's a grace that accompany tithes and offerings . It opens widows to receive.

....and dere was no scripture that accompanied the supposed "grace in tithing"?

Stop using such language as compulsory tithing . Everything is by choice .even salvation

the usage is important to remind U and oda tithers that U don't GIVE tithes but its PAID....
Tithe is a compulsory payment made during the law....
there is nothing like FREE-WILL TITHING ....
its either U r tithing according to THE LAWS OF MOSES or free-will giving according to scriptures....
mixing both is like combining oil and water...it will never mix...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
petra1

There is no point presenting more scriptures to you . If you can't see it from the points I've raised you can't see in . Until God unveils .
Please! Please!! Can you just let us have ONE of those scriptures again; one that CLEARLY states your position.

Because your mind is set on rubishing whatever point raised .
Nobody wants to rubbish anything. I believe we are only out to make each other understand things better.

Is there a mandate to honor parents , is there a mandate not to commit incest. In the church .
Let’s stick with the issue- no mandate REQUIRES tithing for the Christian. He is to choose how to give to God.

Brother there are somethings I'm restraining myself from saying it will be waste of time because I'm not dealing with an objective seeker of truth but rather someone who is out to mock the faith of another .
Even if you restrain yourself from opening up to me, why not do it for the sake of hundreds of others who are viewing this thread?

But I will say this. The church age is only a dispensation. It will end . The principles of God continues. The church age is only a part of the kingdom of God . The principles of the kingdom will always be . Men will always worship God with substance
Surely the church age as a dispensation must have its ‘rules of engagement’!
Yes, the dispensation of the church will end, BUT while it lasts does it not have its ‘modus operandi’ and ‘modus vivendi’?

You have agreed yourself that there are some things in past dispensations that no longer apply to the church e.g. animal sacrifices which was one of the MAJOR rules in relating with God in those dispensations. How did we come to know that a change has occurred regarding animal sacrifices to God – by going back to the shadow of the old covenant or by using the reality of the New Covenant to understand it?

The 21st Century Christian is not the first generation of the church. So, the issue is how did our forebears see these things as revealed to them in the New Testament epistles? Did they see it like you see it or do you TODAY have a better “revelation” than they did?

“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or UNDER COMPULSION …”
2 Corinthians 9:7

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
I will make it simple for you to understand with a little more English added to it, now I have already showing you the video-of Glenda Jackson vision, who she saw in Hell-Mr Gombs.
This isn't funny Mr Gombs' it shows you aren't someone who knows the scriptures very well-these are just some of your Pastors and Preachers, And the authorities had allowed every Church around the world to have one of these, "so called Pastors of God" and there's plenty out there to choose from, deceiving people like you, and the rest of you tithers.
What you tithers are preaching is totally unbiblical, don't be deceived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PduvBp5JBEs
You can only serve one Master Mr Gombs. How much money "do you need" before you, start seeking after the truth about God?
Its not a trick question it's simple-is the Prophetess Glenda Jackson right "or" is she wrong. who she saw in Hell.
Gombs:

I think we're done here.

You posted a video that said tithers and their pastor's are going to hell. I asked you if you endorsed it... Na him you begin beat around the bush..

Bro, no vex, abeg shift make I pass.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
openmine:

good...is there a scripture that burning of incense has been abolished?
If dere is please provide one for it....

Romans 5:11
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Hebrews 10:3-4
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

And if I may remind U petra1,ALL the laws of moses were part of the atonement for sin....
scriptures wasn't specific dat some laws were abolished while some remained!

Not true . You should know better than that. What has tithes got to do with atonement. Honoring your father and mother . Alms for the poor . Mercy etc. Just to mention few

The reason behind the insistence is because Ur argument lacks substance...d scriptures u presented talked about a law not a pre existing principle which U claim has no relationship with d law

Abraham wasn't under the law

being rhetorical doesn't suit U...it only makes u look evasive...

You're rather the evasive one .You should answer the question . Was the church told incest was wrong?

In oda words it was a lifestyle for Abraham to sleep with a maid right?
It was also a lifestyle for Abraham to lie?

He made his mistakes so What about it .

The issues Paul addressed are well documented in the scriptures and dere is no portion where he included tithes...

Did Paul talk about Incest ?

If dere was a better place where Paul wud have inserted tithes,it wud have been in 2 Corinthians 8 or 9....
but none mentioned tithes but free will giving....Even the early Christians in acts practised free will giving in Act 4....wouldn't dat have been a beautiful moment to introduce tithes to the gentiles?

I you're bold and honest to answer the question above and not been as evasive as you have been ,you will find your answer there

Hahahahahahahahaha.... So the principle of tithe was revealed to him with no reference from the scripture except him giving war spoils to melkezedek...
how is it possible that no scripture captured this superb revelation by Abraham on the principle of tithe?
Even when Paul was describing Abraham as the father of faith,he didn't even utter that revelation about tithe...chai

There wasn't a book. They handed revelation down to next generation by mouth. God acknowledged that Abraham would teach his ways to his family .

Genesis 18:19
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him . . .

Recognize that Every details of their lives were not documented. But from Jacob we God to know that the principle was passed down to the next generation. He must have gotten it from his father Isaac who was raised by Abraham

Genesis 28:22
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Do u see how empty and illogical such analogy from U sounds?
bro pls stop lying...Dis is based on Ur own analogy..Very faulty!

That's an important point rather . Prayer is A principle of communication. Which started befor the law . It was mentioned in the law. Why don't you abandon prayer because it was mentioned in the law. Why tithe?

Secondly meditation is a principle . Which started before the law. And mentioned in the law . Why don't you condemn it because it' was in the law?

and yet of all the laws of moses,only tithe passed the test of fire according to bro petra1

My repose above answers this

If Dats a path u want to take,let's start....
Wud u need the law of moses to stop you from killing?
Do u need the law to make U avoid looking at Jr neighbour's wife seductively?
Do u need d law to stop U from stealing?
Do u need a law to make U love?
finally,do U need a law to make U avoid making love or hitting on ur siblings?

Kindly try answer the question . Well I know why you can't answer the question and that's not nice . It shows you're getting the point any way. But here is it . If you're clinging on the fact that no specific instruction was giving directly about tithe and for that reason you don't give God his tithe. There are several issues that don't have records of dos and don'ts in the epistles . Just like the case of incest. . You agree with me that incest is a sin. But the question is . It was mentioned in the law . And that doesn't not go away despite the fact that it's not taught in the church or we don't have such record . Why is it tithe you refuse to give because of the funny excuse that it wasn't taught according to you. Hope youre you're seein the picture . And I believe that's why you are avoiding to answer the questions because it make a mess of the excuse you give for not giving tithes. Secondly if you don't need the law concerning incest why do you need law for tithes?

God is Ur father and he is willing to make all grace abound to U so that in all things and at all times,having all daT u need will abound in every Good Thing...2 Corinthians 9
He is our father not a master or draconian ruler or a kalokalo master....

Wud ur earthly father ask anything from U wen he is already wealthy?

Brother there is difference between having eternal life and laying hold on eternal life. There is difference between being blessed and b
Laying hold on the blessing. It's God part to give which he has done in christ . He also gives us principle on how to lay hold of the graces . It's Gods part to give ,its mans part and responsibility to receive.

...Go tru Ur previous posts....it obvious u forget wat U have written..

I never said such . It's your responsibility to prove otherwise

Giving is based on a generous heart,expecting nothing in return from the receiver,
besides,God has made u a wealth reservoir..

Where did scripture say such . kindly back it up. Because my bible says otherwise

U a wealth reservoir because of the promise given in Genesis 12 by God to Abraham...

That's no news

why wud a wealth reservoir who always gives run out of supply or want to receive...?

..why wud a wealth reservoir want to get wat he or she already has in abundance.... does that make sense?

Several reasons

God doesn't need ur money or wealth....ur money or wealth is a physical proof that he is an over wealthy God..
Saying that God needs Ur money is insulting to him...
God is not a man..doesn't think like a man...If God were to be a man,he wud never have offered his son Jesus for the world..keep dat in mind

Like I said,God demands our praises and thanks not our money....

Just loving God by mouth . But no giving awesome revelation you don't even need to pray Sef . After all you own everything. grin grin grin.

Very Good...am surprised Dis is coming from U who believes u must offer God sum tin b4 he blesses U

I never said so.

...and dere was no scripture that accompanied the supposed "grace in tithing"?

Windows of heaven , rebuking devoured.

the usage is important to remind U and oda tithers that U don't GIVE tithes but its PAID....
Tithe is a compulsory payment made during the law....
there is nothing like FREE-WILL TITHING ....
its either U r tithing according to THE LAWS OF MOSES or free-will giving according to scriptures....
mixing both is like combining oil and water...it will never mix...

It's a necessity. You do the word of God , you enjoy the blessing or grace each one carry. Just as there is a grace which comes through knowledge. There's is a grace which comes through meditation . There is grace for humility you will be exalted etc .

God never force any man into anything. You have the right to obey and disobey . You obey enjoy the benefit you disobey you miss the benefit the obedience carry.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Peacefullove: 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
petra1:

Christ has filled that. Burnt offering is a sin offering. Jesus is atonement for sin. There's is no replacement for tithes ,nor free will giving nor alms to the poor . Nor honor for your father and mother . GIVE GOD HIS TITHE AND OFFERING. you can't worship God with emptiness and spend all on your self by pretending you're not aware .

what exactly is the purpose of tithe in the first place , was it not to care for the Levites ? Please is the Levitical priesthood arrangement still in existence to warrant the continuation of tithes ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 12:19am On Feb 02, 2017
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:46am On Feb 02, 2017
Not in Israel-Nor do the Jews pay tithes today.
Tithing today is a business, it don't belong to God-it belongs to the world, a world of greed and selfishness's and of course full of religious hypocrites.
The world can only go after their own-you sell one product and you gain two. The money game runs on the same merit.
{Matthew 6:24} Jesus said: You can't serve two masters, you will either hate the one, and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one, and despise the other. You can't serve two masters God and Mammon {Money}. At the same time.
SO WHEN WE HEAR EVERY WEEK A CHURCH SEEKS AFTER MONEY-THEN EVERY WEEK THE CHURCH DOESN'T SEEK AFTER GOD.
It's impossible to serve two masters "equally" ..
Peacefullove:

what exactly is the purpose of tithe in the first place , was it not to care for the Levites ? Please is the Levitical priesthood arrangement still in existence to warrant the continuation of tithes ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 2:30am On Feb 02, 2017
petra1:

Romans 5:11
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Hebrews 10:3-4
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

This Scriptures are for sin offering and burnt offerings....where is the scripture that states that burning of incense was taken away...

Not true . You should know better than that. What has tithes got to do with atonement. Honoring your father and mother . Alms for the poor . Mercy etc. Just to mention few
I know better according to Hebrews 7:18

18 The old rule is now ended because it was weak and worthless. 19 The Law of Moses could not make anything perfect. But now a better hope has been given to us. And with that hope we can come near to God. ERV

The former way of doing things, a system of commandments that never worked out the way it was supposed to, was set aside; the law brought nothing to maturity. Another way—Jesus!—a way that does work, that brings us right into the presence of God, is put in its place. MSG
Note that i have presented scriptures to buttress my point...Since U said NOT all the laws were abolished,can U provide scriptures to prove which law was abolished and which one REMAINED? Remember Bro petra1, scriptures not man made theology...thanks

Abraham wasn't under the law

Caught U.. cheesy cheesy
If Abraham was not under the law,Why wud U validate tithe payment and process using the law of moses?
U see why Ur insistence that tithe predated makes no sense?

You're rather the evasive one .You should answer the question . Was the church told incest was wrong?

Am not evasive....when i discus,i stick to the subject matter....which is TITHE......There will be enough time to talk about incest but for now stick to the matter at hand..."tithe is a spiritual principle" according to Petra1

He made his mistakes so What about it .
It matters what Abraham does since he is the father of faith...Isn't that right?

Did Paul talk about Incest ?
Like i said,stick to the subject of discuss...It will only complicate the whole discus which i know will delight U

I you're bold and honest to answer the question above and not been as evasive as you have been ,you will find your answer there

Dont know wat U mean...I cant find TITHE practice from those scriptures....the early Christians practiced benevolence in ACTS,Paul admonished the church in Corinthians to grow in the gift of benevolence...So i cant find where the early Christians tithed bro Petra1....

There wasn't a book. They handed revelation down to next generation by mouth. God acknowledged that Abraham would teach his ways to his family .
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thats not true Petra1....Thats a huge lie....stop such blasphemy because of tithe...haba
How did U know there was no book?
U just guessed that it was handed down to them by mouth...
Where did U concoct such a preposterous lie...well,its expected...So am not surprised....Once again,You have failed to offer proof about Ur tithe beliefs...

Genesis 18:19
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him . . .

Recognize that Every details of their lives were not documented. But from Jacob we God to know that the principle was passed down to the next generation. He must have gotten it from his father Isaac who was raised by Abraham
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
So in ur own thoughts,since their lives were not documented,U inserted Ur own "documentation" to suit Ur own analogy?
Bro petra1 stop making a mockery of ur beliefs.....Just because of tithes...
Ur lies are like Peak Milk....

Genesis 28:22
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

This is better...
Jacob vowed a vow: IF God stands by me and protects me on this journey on which I’m setting out, keeps me in food and clothing, and brings me back in one piece to my father’s house, this God will be my God. This stone that I have set up as a memorial pillar will mark this as a place where God lives. And everything you give me, I’ll return a tenth to you.”

Jacob Vowed which is based on his own volition....
He placed a condition before God which is rather odd...
U cannot use such as proof to justify tithes payment....
Remember It was a Vow...Dont get it twisted bro...U already have!

That's an important point rather . Prayer is A principle of communication. Which started befor the law . It was mentioned in the law. Why don't you abandon prayer because it was mentioned in the law. Why tithe?
Once again U are leaving the subject matter and making random claims using prayers....
U must remember that prayers existed before,during and after the law....Unlike tithes
Prayers were mentioned countless times before the law was given....
How many times was tithe mentioned before the law? None! Thats because Abraham never gave any thing associated with tithe...Simple!

Secondly meditation is a principle . Which started before the law. And mentioned in the law . Why don't you condemn it because it' was in the law?
Check my response above!

Kindly try answer the question . Well I know why you can't answer the question and that's not nice . It shows you're getting the point any way. But here is it . If you're clinging on the fact that no specific instruction was giving directly about tithe and for that reason you don't give God his tithe. There are several issues that don't have records of dos and don'ts in the epistles . Just like the case of incest. . You agree with me that incest is a sin. But the question is . It was mentioned in the law . And that doesn't not go away despite the fact that it's not taught in the church or we don't have such record . Why is it tithe you refuse to give because of the funny excuse that it wasn't taught according to you. Hope youre you're seein the picture . And I believe that's why you are avoiding to answer the questions because it make a mess of the excuse you give for not giving tithes. Secondly if you don't need the law concerning incest why do you need law for tithes?
Bro Petra1,for the benefit of the issue at hand,It will be advisable to stick with the matter at hand...There will be enough time to talk about incest and the other laws of moses....If we start going through all the 613 laws of moses,we may derail the thread which U urself had advised...Like i said the discus btw us is showing that "tithe is an eternal principle"...No story or diversion....Just scripture Usage!! smiley smiley
And dont think for one second that am evading Ur "diversionary questions"...am not like U nah...wen we are done with Ur lofty principle,U can open a new thread for that...

Brother there is difference between having eternal life and laying hold on eternal life. There is difference between being blessed and b
Laying hold on the blessing. It's God part to give which he has done in christ . He also gives us principle on how to lay hold of the graces . It's Gods part to give ,its mans part and responsibility to receive.
Once again i ask...Wud ur earthly father ask anything from U wen he is already wealthy?
Those principles are not and will never be tithes but benevolence!!

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

I never said such . It's your responsibility to prove otherwise
I had quoted where U said so initially and U still want me to quote it again?
U sud do so....Its for ur upliftment! cheesy

Where did scripture say such . kindly back it up. Because my bible says otherwise

grin grin grin grin
Grammar oga grammar...
Generous----Cheerful,open-handed,
2 CORINTHIANS 9:7
7 Each one must give as he has DECIDED IN HIS HEART, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a GENEROUS giver.

That's no news
Good then why do U still need more? cheesy cheesy

Several reasons
Mind sharing them...

Just loving God by mouth . But no giving awesome revelation you don't even need to pray Sef . After all you own everything. grin grin grin.
grin grin grin
Thats Ur concocted analogy....
I ask and he gives me....
Thats what a father wud do...how much more our heavenly father...
U can offer him ur entire possession If that's wat will make U the next Bill gates... grin grin

I never said so.
But thats wat tithe is all about?
Paying of tithe in exchange to having "floods of blessings"...abi nah lie? cheesy cheesy

Windows of heaven , rebuking devoured.
Windows of heaven was quoted in Malachi 3:10
Was there "grace in tithing" in the "law of moses"?
And yet U claim U only obey the predated tithes? cheesy cheesy

It's a necessity. You do the word of God , you enjoy the blessing or grace each one carry. Just as there is a grace which comes through knowledge. There's is a grace which comes through meditation . There is grace for humility you will be exalted etc .
Scriptures,scriptures,scriptures.....stick to the grace of tithe which is none existent in the bible...If there is let scriptures be ur proof! smiley smiley

God never force any man into anything. You have the right to obey and disobey . You obey enjoy the benefit you disobey you miss the benefit the obedience carry.

Obedience based on the new covenant which has a new law controlled by a new priesthood Jesus christ Is our guide...His priesthood has nullified all existing laws....by bringing the to an end....
Hence If U want to obey the laws of moses,U must ensure U keep all the laws of moses not just tithe...and secondly,Also know that U are making a mockery of the priesthood of christ thereby disobeying God!!
If U claim U are neither for the law or post law,Know that U are no where cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2017
openmine:

This Scriptures are for sin offering and burnt offerings....where is the scripture that states that burning of incense was taken away...

Incense was for sin. Jesus was sin bearer . Don't go in a circle . Where is the scripture that says tithe was taken away

I know better according to Hebrews 7:18

There's difference between content and application . Brother . The law was a system . It man could not attain righteousness by the system or perfection. But that's not a condemnation of good value contained in the law.

Do you steal ? Do you worship idol ? Do you commit incest . Do you dishonor parent . I want to believe your answer is NO. it's a contradiction for you .

Note that i have presented scriptures to buttress my point...Since U said NOT all the laws were abolished,can U provide scriptures to prove which law was abolished and which one REMAINED? Remember Bro petra1, scriptures not man made theology...thanks

The law is the law of God . It's the revelation of Gods mind . I asked you a question which you were not bold enough or honest to answer . What scripture was the early church using? Let me answer it for you. It's the law which you demonize that was the scripture for the church!

Without the law you have no written document of the oracle of God. The law contains some aspects which were shadows of christ which were fulfilled in christ. Such were the weak element you're holding on to. It didn't take away the moral value in the law , There was judicial law, moral law and law which has to do with sacrifices for sin ,atonement etc. You need to get out of the petty petty things you're picking on and dwell on big picture .

Paul believed in the law. Christianity is not in adverse position with the moral value of the law . Because they are based on principles.

Acts 24:14 (NLT)
14 “But I admit that I follow the Way, which they call a cult. I worship the God of our ancestors, and I firmly believe the Jewish law and everything written in the prophets.

Nigeria had had several constitutions. But the moral values are constant. Even though this may not be perfect example but Murder will always be murder.

The foundation for the new testament was based on the old . It was man's imperfection in his flesh that became the challenge . The law was good but man lacked the ability to do the works because of the sin nature . God brought a new law which is a programming in man's spirit . By this man now has ability to do the law as a result of the nature of righteousness.

Romans 7:14 (KJV)
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:22 (KJV)
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Caught U.. cheesy cheesy
If Abraham was not under the law,Why wud U validate tithe payment and process using the law of moses?
U see why Ur insistence that tithe predated makes no sense?

Principles transcend dispensations . Principles predate the law. And the fact that they were document in the law doesn't invalidate them.

Am not evasive....when i discus,i stick to the subject matter....which is TITHE......There will be enough time to talk about incest
Our discussions would have come to a quick end if you could attend to the questions asked . But I know why and you know why you're avoiding them. So let's see how long it will take you.

It matters what Abraham does since he is the father of faith...Isn't that right?

What has a man's error got to do with spiritual act .

Like i said,stick to the subject of discuss...It will only complicate the whole discus which i know will delight U

Then let's stick to the topic of the thread .

Don't know wat U mean...I cant find TITHE practice from those scriptures....the early Christians practiced benevolence in ACTS,Paul admonished the church in Corinthians to grow in the gift of benevolence...So i cant find where the early Christians tithed bro Petra1....

. I can't find where the early church taught against incest . Can you explain that?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thats not true Petra1....Thats a huge lie....stop such blasphemy because of tithe...haba
How did U know there was no book?
U just guessed that it was handed down to them by mouth...
Where did U concoct such a preposterous lie...well,its expected...So am not surprised..

So What book did they document ?

..Once again,You have failed to offer proof about Ur tithe beliefs...

Jesus endorsement was good enough and 1cor 9 was clear enough

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
So in ur own thoughts,since their lives were not documented,U inserted Ur own "documentation" to suit Ur own analogy?
Bro petra1 stop making a mockery of ur beliefs.....Just because of tithes...
Ur lies are like Peak Milk....

This is better...
Jacob Vowed which is based on his own volition....
He placed a condition before God which is rather odd...
U cannot use such as proof to justify tithes payment....
Remember It was a Vow...Dont get it twisted bro...U already have!

Remember he had been with his dad all the while . This was his first time of setting out as an adult . How did Jacob know about tithes? Why not 5%.

Once again U are leaving the subject matter and making random claims using prayers....

Deal with it

U must remember that prayers existed before,during and after the law....Unlike tithes Prayers were mentioned countless times before the law was given....
How many times was tithe mentioned before the law? None! Thats because

Beautiful . But it's not by the number of times recorded but rather as a principle . Abraham only prayed once . So it's not about the number .

Abraham never gave any thing associated with tithe...Simple

Lie upon lie .What do you say to these .

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV)
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Hebrews 7:9 (KJV)
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

Once again i ask...Wud ur earthly father ask anything from U wen he is already wealthy?

Is that a today rebelationWhen did he start being wealthy? Just in your own generation? He has been who he has been . It's about worship .

Psalms 50:12-14 (KJV)
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee:
for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls,
or drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer unto God thanksgiving;
and pay thy vows unto the most High:

So it's about worship. We still do thanksgiving. Both with our mouth and offering .

Those principles are not and will never be tithes but benevolence!!

What you need to understand,there are different kinds of giving . They all have their blessings. Giving to God ,(tithes offerings ) giving to mog ,giving to the poor (alms),giving to parents , giving to fellow brethren etc .

I had quoted where U said so initially and U still want me to quote it again?
U sud do so....Its for ur upliftment! cheesy

I didn't see it . I don't mind if you can kindly do that.

grin grin grin grin
Grammar oga grammar...
Generous----Cheerful,open-handed,

The passage you quoted, did it not contradicts your kalo kalo God claim? What do you say to verse 6

2 Corinthians 9:6(KJV)
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

But thats wat tithe is all about?
Paying of tithe in exchange to having "floods of blessings"...abi nah lie? cheesy cheesy

It's security plan

Windows of heaven was quoted in Malachi 3:10
Was there "grace in tithing" in the "law of moses"?

If you obey the law blessing . Disobey curse. Malachi only gave deeper insight. Devourer is rebuked etc. The issue is blessing is grace . The absence of blessing is curse .

And yet U claim U only obey the predated tithes? cheesy cheesy

You inserted "ONLY" I believe in tithes as a kingdom principle , just like prayer ,worship ,offering ,fasting , alms giving etc

Scriptures,scriptures,scriptures.....stick to the grace of tithe which is none existent in the bible...If there is let scriptures be ur proof! smiley smiley

Joshua 1:8 (KJV)
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night . . .and then thou shalt have good success

1 Timothy 4:15 (KJV)
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

James 4:6 (KJV)
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Proverbs 29:23 (KJV)
23 A man's pride shall bring him low:
but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

2 Peter 1:2 (KJV)
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Proverbs 13:15 (KJV)
15 Good understanding giveth favour . .

Obedience based on the new covenant which has a new law controlled by a new priesthood Jesus christ Is our guide...His priesthood has nullified all existing laws....by bringing the to an end....
Hence If U want to obey the laws of moses,U must ensure U keep all the laws of moses not just tithe...and secondly,Also know that U are making a mockery of the priesthood of christ thereby disobeying God!!
If U claim U are neither for the law or post law,Know that U are no where cheesy cheesy

The new law is not a pronouncement by Jesus . It's a programming in the newly recreated sprint . It's a nature of love and righteousness. Which not only gives us right standing but gives us ability to do right . But to do right . Knowledge of scripture is require . You can't do what you don't know . And that's where the law comes in.

A family may may do incest or homosexual following the carnal impulses without knowing that it's wrong . It's only in those precious scriptures you condemn they can see the wrong .

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
Peacefullove:

Partly . The full time ministers in the church stands as levite now.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14 (KJV)
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Please! Please!! Can you just let us have ONE of those scriptures again; one that CLEARLY states your position.

There was never a place God spoke against tithing .
Jesus is our highpriest forever unto who we give our tithes.

Psalms 110:4(KJV)
4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent Thou art a priest for everafter the order of Melchizedek.

Jesus endorsed tithing .

Matthew 23:23(NLT)
. . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Tithes and offerings as principles existed before the law. Also mentioned in the law. The fact that it was mentioned in the law doesn't nullify it.

The law contained certain kingdom principles . Which doesn't have end . Such as tithes ,offerings, thanksgiving,prayer ,fasting, alms , and other moral values. Why do antitithers focus only on tithes . When the rest are mentioned in the law also.

Secondly , the law is the oracle of God. The scriptures read in the apostolic days was the law. It was the law Paul told Timothy to study .
Paul quoted the law many times to the church . Not because they were seeking the righteousness of the law but because the law contains Gods minds on right and wrong.

Without the law we will have no knowledge of what sin is. If you throw out the law. Then the church looses every moral value.

On what ground can you condemn incest without the law?

Nobody wants to rubbish anything. I believe we are only out to make each other understand things better.

Let’s stick with the issue- no mandate REQUIRES tithing for the Christian. He is to choose how to give to God.

That's free will offering . There are different kinds of givings in Gids kingdom.

Even if you restrain yourself from opening up to me, why not do it for the sake of hundreds of others who are viewing this thread?
I due course

You have agreed yourself that there are some things in past dispensations that no longer apply to the church e.g. animal sacrifices which was one of the MAJOR rules in relating with God in those dispensations. How did we come to know that a change has occurred regarding animal sacrifices to God – by going back to the shadow of the old covenant or by using the reality of the New Covenant to understand it?

They were sin offering . It was a shadow of The blood of Christ .

Hebrews 9:13-14 (KJV)
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

The 21st Century Christian is not the first generation of the church. So, the issue is how did our forebears see these things as revealed to them in the New Testament epistles? Did they see it like you see it or do you TODAY have a better “revelation” than they did?

“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or UNDER COMPULSION …”

It's not a New Testament revelation . Every worship of God has been by choice . Both in gift and sacrifice it must be from willing heart not compulsion

Exodus 25:2 (KJV)
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
petra1:

Incense was for sin. Jesus was sin bearer . Don't go in a circle . Where is the scripture that says tithe was taken away
Ohh lord...bro petra1... burning of incense was part of the law of moses...Not a sin
2 Chronicles 13:11
Exodus 30:7-9
Maybe U are thinking of "incest"...but i meant "incense" cheesy cheesy
There's difference between content and application . Brother . The law was a system . It man could not attain righteousness by the system or perfection. But that's not a condemnation of good value contained in the law.
True but both are related cos U cannot do without the other...
...a law that cant justify or make U perfect which is the will of God,is as good as useless or worthless....
Can U pour a used oil into your car engine and hope it will work fine?
Certainly not...Once the content has lost its value ,what's the use of its application ?
[s]Do you steal ? Do you worship idol ? Do you commit incest . Do you dishonor parent . I want to believe your answer is NO. it's a contradiction for you .[/s]
Like i said earlier,U dont need a law for that...
Romans 13:8-10
The law is the law of God . It's the revelation of Gods mind . I asked you a question which you were not bold enough or honest to answer . What scripture was the early church using?
Let me answer it for you. It's the law which you demonize that was the scripture for the church!

I answered that question explicitly for you unfortunately,U ignored it and went to another topic that had nothing to do with our discus...for the benefit of those reading,i present to you that response....
ACTS 15:1-11
Then some men came to Antioch from Judea and began teaching the non-Jewish believers: “You cannot be saved if you are not circumcised as Moses taught us.” 2 Paul and Barnabas were AGAINST THIS TEACHING and argued with these men about it. So the group decided to send Paul, Barnabas, and some others to Jerusalem to talk more about this with the apostles and elders.
5 Some of the believers in Jerusalem had belonged to the Pharisees. They stood up and said, “The non-Jewish believers must be circumcised. We must tell them to obey the Law of Moses!”

7 After a long debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “My brothers, I am sure you remember what happened in the early days. God chose me from among you to tell the Good News to those who are not Jewish. It was from me that they heard the Good News and believed. 8 God knows everyone, even their thoughts, and he accepted these non-Jewish people. He showed this to us by giving them the Holy Spirit the same as he did to us. 9 To God, those people are not different from us. When they believed, God made their hearts pure. 10 So now, why are you putting a heavy burden around the necks of the non-Jewish followers of Jesus? Are you trying to make God angry? We and our fathers were not able to carry that burden. 11 No, we believe that we and these people will be saved the same way—by the grace of the Lord Jesus.”
If U claim that the apostles used the law of moses to teach the early Christians,why was Paul and Barnabas against the teaching of the law of moses when some men from Antioch said that the gentiles must do what moses taught them?
Why did Peter also condemn such teaching when some jews asked that the converted gentiles obey the laws of moses?
Bro now we know who is lying btw us...cos scripture shows that!
Without the law you have no written document of the oracle of God. The law contains some aspects which were shadows of christ which were fulfilled in christ. Such were the weak element you're holding on to. It didn't take away the moral value in the law , There was judicial law, moral law and law which has to do with sacrifices for sin ,atonement etc. You need to get out of the petty petty things you're picking on and dwell on big picture .
This is yet another manipulative and deceptive statement that lacks substance,scripture or direction....
I have offered scriptures after scriptures to attest the invalidation and abolishing of the law of moses..
Unfortunately,U are yet to present just one scripture in the entire bible to challenge or refute Hebrews 7:18 or Romans 10:4 or ephesians 2:14 - 16 or colossians 2:6 - 23 which was written by the same paul..
Rather U keep making Unfounded assumptions...saying Christ abolished some laws and left some....Yet U claim am the one cherry picking? shocked shocked
What do U understand by the scripture,hebrews 7:12?
For when the PRIESTHOOD is CHANGED, the LAW must be CHANGED also.
Paul believed in the law. Christianity is not in adverse position with the moral value of the law . Because they are based on principles.
Acts 24:14 (NLT)
[/color]
Then some men came to Antioch from Judea and began teaching the non-Jewish believers: “You cannot be saved if you are not circumcised as Moses taught us.” 2 Paul and Barnabas were AGAINST THIS TEACHING and ARGUED with these men about it. acts 15:1-2
15 Christ ended the law with its many commands and rules. His purpose was to make the two groups become one in him. By doing this he would make peace. Ephesians 2:15 ERV
But people who depend on following the law to make them right are under a curse. As the Scriptures say, “They must do everything that is written in the law. If they do not always obey, they are under a curse Galatians 3:10 ERV
A final nail to the coffin of ALL the LAWS of moses was contained in Hebrews 7:18
Nigeria had had several constitutions. But the moral values are constant. Even though this may not be perfect example but Murder will always be murder.

The law of moses was superior and still superior to the nigerian constitution...
The law is a unified entity which can not be shared in bits and pieces just for some folks to choose which to obey and which to discard just like the nigerian constitution which keeps being changed every year like christmas wrapper to suit a few people in the country...
The foundation for the new testament was based on the old . It was man's imperfection in his flesh that became the challenge . The law was good but man lacked the ability to do the works because of the sin nature . God brought a new law which is a programming in man's spirit . By this man now has ability to do the law as a result of the nature of righteousness.
So WE finally agreed that there was indeed a new law by God which is more superior to the old....right?...i thought the only law was the one given by moses..interesting!
Romans 7:14 (KJV)
Romans 7:22 (KJV)
[/color]
Same law Paul and barnabas condemned in Acts 15:1-2
Same law Paul rebuked the Galatians from observing in Galatians 2 and 3?
Same law he called weak,useless and worthless in Hebrews 7:18?
Principles transcend dispensations . Principles predate the law. And the fact that they were document in the law doesn't invalidate them.
In the case of tithe,there was no mention as a spiritual principle....such principle must be done on a daily basis and also contained in the scriptures which was never the case...
Using the exchange btw Abraham and Melchizedek as grounds to classify tithe as a spiritual principle is not only faulty but laughable...
We can as well use any one-off incident that occurred before the law and use as an ethernal principle....like i said,Its baseless and laughable...
Even if we decide to Use the law to validate that one off incident btw abraham and Melchizedek,U will find out that Ur tithe belief using the law as a focal point is faulty and erroneous... the law of moses based on war spoils stipulates that the priest doesn't even get a 10th of the war spoils based on the instruction of God in Numbers 31:21-54
Our discussions would have come to a quick end if you could attend to the questions asked . But I know why and you know why you're avoiding them. So let's see how long it will take you.
Contrary to Ur opinions and surprisingly ur hasty assumptions,i haven't avoided and will never avoid any question asked....If there was any one avoiding my questions and inputting unfounded verses in the scriptures,it has been U... smiley
Cos i see no reason why ur tithe principle will be based on an unspoken revelation to Abraham which was NEVER written in the bible simply because,according to Petra1,there were no BOOKS then grin grin grin
Like i have said and keep saying,If U want Us to open a new thread about the laws of moses including ur dearly beloved incest,Please do so and i will gladly show up but for the benefit of this thread and issue at hand,lets stick to ur lofty analogy which states that tithe is an "eternal principle" cheesy cheesy
What has a man's error got to do with spiritual act .
Everything....It was not an error like U said...It was an intentional Act to sleep with their maid....
Then let's stick to the topic of the thread .
If we decide to stick to the topic of the thread which is why pastors avoid Deutronomy 14:22-29...It will not only contradict ur pre law-tithe principles but also render tithe being practiced by most believers (Including U) as fraudulent and based on falsehood!
. I can't find where the early church taught against incest . Can you explain that?
Thats becos the subject matter is "tithe" not "incest" not to kill or to bear false witness....
But seriously,i dont need the law to tell me "incest" is wrong...it's just common sense....
Even Romans 13:8-10 explains clearly that no matter the law that was given was summed up into LOVE!!
So What book did they document ?
Seriously are U asking me that? were U not the one who said there were no books to record ur unfounded documentation of the lives of Abraham and his family?
Am Just laughing and wondering where on earth U got such concocted and misguided thinking to feel that what was written in the bible was not enough and U wanted to help God put more in the bible through guess work...
Revelation 22:18-19
....Just accept the scriptures U find there bro and not put or insert whats not there.....Its deceptive to make such lie that Abraham received the tithe principle through a "mouthed revelation" that was never recorded in the bible.
Jesus endorsement was good enough and 1cor 9 was clear enough
Going by what U have said so far about tithe being an eternal principle,Ur tithe beliefs are not based on 1 Corinthians 9....
There was no mention of tithe for those who preach the gospel and that does not only include ministers but other Christians who teach the word of God...

2 Corinthians 9:14
In the same way, the Lord has commanded that THOSE who PREACH the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

This scripture includes any believer that preaches the good news....
Notice that the bible says RECEIVE A LIVING OR SUPPORT NOT collecting of tithes....
Along the same lines, the Master directed that those who spread the Message be SUPPORTED by those who believe the Message. MSG
It is the same with those who have the work of telling the Good News. The Lord has commanded that those who tell the Good News should get their LIVING from this work.
This same teaching was also admonished by Jesus christ to his disciples when they went out to preach the gospel
Matthew 10:7-10
Remember he had been with his dad all the while . This was his first time of setting out as an adult . How did Jacob know about tithes? Why not 5%.
Thats because U dont know and U are only assuming what jacob was thinking....Even as a bible scholar or student,U cannot base ur analysis or theories based on assumptions....The bible said Jacob Vowed and thats where it ends!
Jacob made a VOW not tithe....
A vow can be any percentage and between two people based on the person's volition....
The bible writes that he made a VOW....accept it and stop trying to create Ur own scenarios about Jacob's vow....

GENESIS 28:20
20 Then JACOB MADE A VOW, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear

So many people before the law have made vows....does that now mean those vows apply to us as Christians?
Deal with it
But thats exactly what U are doing....
Beautiful . But it's not by the number of times recorded but rather as a principle . Abraham only prayed once . So it's not about the number .
Occurrence implies relevance according to what was written....and no Abraham didn't pray just once and that wasn't the only prayer recorded before the law...
Lie upon lie .What do you say to these .
Hebrews 7:6 (KJV)
Hebrews 7:9 (KJV)
Abraham never tithed....Hebrews 7:6 shows that for such to be called a tithe,it wud have to be btw a levite who receives such tithe and a priest of a levitical order...which was contained in the law of moses in numbers 18:20...
The main substance of that scripture was to draw a comparison between the levitical priesthood and the priesthood of Melchizedek...
There is a contrast between Abraham war spoils and the levites tithe....
While Abraham gave a 10th of the war spoils to king Melchizedek and gave the rest to the king of sodom,the levites gave a 10th to the levitical priesthood while they kept the rest of the tithes which happened to be of farm produce DEUTRONOMY 14:22-29;NUMBERS 18:20;DEUTRONOMY 26
At the end,the comparison was only meant to show the superiority of the Melchizedek order over the levitical priesthood based on the following attributes
"resembling the Son of God, and he remains a priest forever." NOT tithe....Like U want us to believe!
And lets be honest with our selves,
The law tithe was an obligation,
Abraham was under no obligation to give Melchizedek of the war spoils...
The law tithe was based on farm produce and cattle(DEUTERONOMY 14:22-29;NUMBERS 18:20;DEUTERONOMY 26)
Abraham fought to rescue his cousin lot from the captivity of the kings where he came back with war spoils...(Hebrews 7:1-2;Genesis 14:17-24)
The levites received a tithe from the people of israel and gave the levitical priest a 10th of a 10th...
Abraham gave not from his possessions or from his people's possession but from the war spoils which was recovered during battle...
Hence,it wud be wrong to say Abraham tithed....
[s]Is that a today rebelationWhen did he start being wealthy? Just in your own generation? He has been who he has been . It's about worship .
Psalms 50:12-14 (KJV)
I asked U a very simple question....Wud ur earthly father ask anything from U wen he is already wealthy? Its a YES or NO

What you need to understand,there are different kinds of giving . They all have their blessings. Giving to God ,(tithes offerings ) giving to mog ,giving to the poor (alms),giving to parents , giving to fellow brethren etc .
There is no distinction when it comes to benevolence....
2 Corinthians 8:7
7 But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you—see that you also excel in this GRACE OF GIVING.

Benevolence is not an obligation like tithe...Once a condition is attached to what U give,its no longer giving but a payment...
7 Each one of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give. You should not give reluctantly or under obligation to give. God loves those who are happy to give.

I didn't see it . I don't mind if you can kindly do that.
Thats Ur problem not mine but that is exactly what U said!
The passage you quoted, did it not contradicts your kalo kalo God claim? What do you say to verse 6
2 Corinthians 9:6(KJV)
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
Sparingly has to do with hesitance or greed but a believer is a generous giver...
The key word is generosity Not offering some thing to get some thing...which is tithe....
Okay lets say U are generous without tithing,will U still be wealthy?
It's security plan
Really?
A plan that was made to the people of israel?
The one which U are not even observing?
In Christ we are made complete and receive ALL that we need...Not tithe smiley
Ephesians 1:3

If you obey the law blessing . Disobey curse. Malachi only gave deeper insight. Devourer is rebuked etc. The issue is blessing is grace . The absence of blessing is curse .
Malachi was written to the people of israel who were under the law of moses not grace....are U saying dere was grace during the time of malachi? grin grin grin
You inserted "ONLY" I believe in tithes as a kingdom principle , just like prayer ,worship ,offering ,fasting , alms giving etc
Well i know better about Ur tithe beliefs....the unspoken revelation that was mouthed to Abraham but wasn't too important to be recorded because there was no book or no ink then according to petra1

[color=purple]Joshua 1:8 (KJV)
1 Timothy 4:15 (KJV)
James 4:6 (KJV)
Proverbs 29:23 (KJV)
2 Peter 1:2 (KJV)
Proverbs 13:15 (KJV)
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I tried to study these scriptures to find GRACE OF TITHING but i found NONE....Maybe Paul forgot to insert that in his letter to the epistles....Or maybe that might be an unspoken revelation by Paul which he failed to tell the church maybe because there wasn't enough "books to cover that".... grin grin
Bro Petra1....This ur concoction strong Ohh cheesy cheesy
The new law is not a pronouncement by Jesus . It's a programming in the newly recreated sprint . It's a nature of love and righteousness. Which not only gives us right standing but gives us ability to do right . But to do right . Knowledge of scripture is require . You can't do what you don't know . And that's where the law comes in.
A family may may do incest or homosexual following the carnal impulses without knowing that it's wrong . It's only in those precious scriptures you condemn they can see the wrong .
Romans 7:7
Yes it does pronounce Christ cos he is a high priest of the new covenant which contains new laws....
As much as i agree with U that knowledge of the scripture is required to be made right,Its important to understand that NOT all scriptures APPLIES to a believer in christ....
Are U aware of the law of christ?
Are U also aware that there was a new law that supersedes that of the law of moses?
Remember that knowledge of homosexuality or incest does not stop a believer from indulging in them...hence knowledge of such law doesnt take away such impulse...
The new law is based on LOVE and of the spirit of God....
Galatians 5:18 - 23

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
petra1

There was never a place God spoke against tithing .
Jesus is our highpriest forever unto who we give our tithes.

Psalms 110:4(KJV)
4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent Thou art a priest for everafter the order of Melchizedek.

Jesus endorsed tithing .

Matthew 23:23(NLT)
. . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.
Honestly, i'm somewhat disappointed in these your responses.
NOTHING in the Psalm you quoted talks about tithing.
Jesus was addressing the Jews before the church began.That does not make it a standard for the church

Tithes and offerings as principles existed before the law. Also mentioned in the law. The fact that it was mentioned in the law doesn't nullify it.

The law contained certain kingdom principles . Which doesn't have end . Such as tithes ,offerings, thanksgiving,prayer ,fasting, alms , and other moral values. Why do antitithers focus only on tithes . When the rest are mentioned in the law also.

Secondly , the law is the oracle of God. The scriptures read in the apostolic days was the law. It was the law Paul told Timothy to study .
Paul quoted the law many times to the church . Not because they were seeking the righteousness of the law but because the law contains Gods minds on right and wrong.

Without the law we will have no knowledge of what sin is. If you throw out the law. Then the church looses every moral value.

On what ground can you condemn incest without the law?
The new covenant made the law clearer. There is no call for the Christian to go back ALL there was in the Law.
Understanding the new covenant makes us to know how to go about our spiritual life.

That's free will offering . There are different kinds of givings in Gids kingdom.

I due course

They were sin offering . It was a shadow of The blood of Christ .

Hebrews 9:13-14 (KJV)
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Why do still insist on the SHADOW?

It's not a New Testament revelation . Every worship of God has been by choice . Both in gift and sacrifice it must be from willing heart not compulsion

Exodus 25:2 (KJV)
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.

What i'm saying is this: Do you know more about the spiritual life for the church than those who started the church?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

Coronavirus: TB Joshua Reacts As Lagos Government Restricts Church Activities / TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 275
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.