Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96387 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Honestly, i'm somewhat disappointed in these your responses.
NOTHING in the Psalm you quoted talks about tithing.
Jesus was addressing the Jews before the church began.That does not make it a standard for the church

Seriously It got me laughing when i noticed the psalm scriptures he used to show that tithe was a pre law....
The one that hasn't made me stop laughing is dis absurd idea that Abraham received a "mouthed revelation about tithe" but there was no book to either cover such event or record the lives of Abraham's family.... grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Jesus was addressing the Jews before the church began.That does not make it a standard for the church

He taught the same Jews of yours about prayers also . Don't you pray?

Why do still insist on the SHADOW?

Is the law a shadow ? A shadow of what?

What i'm saying is this: Do you know more about the spiritual life for the church than those who started the church?

Is incest a sin ? If it is how do you know? If a family is into incest . On what ground can you tell him it's a sin? Epistles ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by LambanoPeace: 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
brocab:
I will make it simple for you to understand with a little more English added to it, now I have already showing you the video-of Glenda Jackson vision, who she saw in Hell-Mr Gombs.
This isn't funny Mr Gombs' it shows you aren't someone who knows the scriptures very well-these are just some of your Pastors and Preachers, And the authorities had allowed every Church around the world to have one of these, "so called Pastors of God" and there's plenty out there to choose from, deceiving people like you, and the rest of you tithers.
What you tithers are preaching is totally unbiblical, don't be deceived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PduvBp5JBEs
You can only serve one Master Mr Gombs. How much money "do you need" before you, start seeking after the truth about God?
Its not a trick question it's simple-is the Prophetess Glenda Jackson right "or" is she wrong. who she saw in Hell.

I must say I'm disappointed at you.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by LambanoPeace: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
plainbibletruth:

The new covenant made the law clearer. There is no call for the Christian to go back ALL there was in the Law.
Understanding the new covenant makes us to know how to go about our spiritual life.

Why do still insist on the SHADOW?

What i'm saying is this: Do you know more about the spiritual life for the church than those who started the church?

Hello sir.

Please what's the connection between Melchizedek's order of priesthood after which Jesus is and tithing, seeing the priesthood who received it from Abraham is still alive today and forever.

Is there any connection, if yes, kindly expound... If no, kindly explain.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
LambanoPeace:

Hello sir.

Please what's the connection between Melchizedek's order of priesthood after which Jesus is and tithing, seeing the priesthood who received it from Abraham is still alive today and forever.

Thanks

The book of Hebrews compares Jesus and Melchizedek.

Melchizedek was called a priest of the Most High God. Like Melchizedek, Jesus is a priest of the Most High God.

Melchizedek was a King-Priest. He simultaneously occupied both position. In that regard Jesus was a priest more like Melchizedek than like Aaron.

Obviously a King-Priest priesthood is superior to an ordinary priesthood.

Jesus Christ King-Priest priesthood was instituted by God himself and has been set up to last forever.

If Abraham, from whom the Aaronic priesthood eventually came, was blessed by and gave to a greater person – the King-Priest, that KIND of priesthood which Jesus Christ holds, then the Aaronic priesthood is inferior to the type Jesus Christ holds.

If perfection was found in the Aaronic/Levitical Priesthood, there would have been no need for a Priest to appear after the order of Melchizedek (King-Priest pattern) rather than after the order of Aaron.

The focus of the writer then is, “For you Hebrews who believe in Jesus Christ, you are no longer under the ceremonial aspects of the Law. You do not offer animal sacrifices anymore; you do not pay tithes to the Aaronic priesthood anymore. Because there was a change in the priesthood, there is also a change of law which accompanies it.”

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
openmine:

Ohh lord...bro petra1... burning of incense was part of the law of moses...Not a sin
2 Chronicles 13:11
Exodus 30:7-9
Maybe U are thinking of "incest"...but i meant "incense" cheesy cheesy

Exodus 30:6-10 (KJV)
6 And thou shalt put it before the vail that is by the ark of the testimony, before the mercy seat that is over the testimony, where I will meet with thee. 7 And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning: when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it. 8 And when Aaron lighteth the lamps at even, he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the Lord throughout your generations. 9 Ye shall offer no strange incense thereon, nor burnt sacrifice, nor meat offering; neither shall ye pour drink offering thereon. 10 And Aaron shall make an atonement upon the horns of it once in a year with the blood of the sin offering of atonements: once in the year shall he make atonement upon it throughout your generations: it is most holy unto the Lord.

Read the whole passage . It's about sin and atonement.

The document below will give better understanding

Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Incense
Incense [N] [T] [S]
a fragrant composition prepared by the "art of the apothecary." It consisted of four ingredients "beaten small" ( Exodus 30:34-36 ). That which was not thus prepared was called "strange incense" ( 30:9 ). It was offered along with every meat-offering; and besides was daily offered on the golden altar in the holy place, and on the great day of atonement was burnt by the high priest in the holy of holies ( Exodus 30:7 Exodus 30:8 ). It was the symbol of prayer ( Psalms 141:1 Psalms 141:2 ; Revelation 5:8 ; Revelation 8:3 Revelation 8:4 ).

.http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/incense/

True but both are related cos U cannot do without the other...

The shadows are fulfilled ,the principles remain .

Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

..a law that cant justify or make U perfect which is the will of God,is as good as useless or worthless....
Can U pour a used oil into your car engine and hope it will work fine?
Certainly not...Once the content has lost its value ,what's the use of its application ?

Brother . Paul quoted the law. What safest thou .?

.[b]Ephesians 6:2-[/b]3 (KJV)
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth

Like i said earlier,U dont need a law for that...
Romans 13:8-10

So on what ground would you condemn incest? Or homosexuality

I answered that question explicitly for you unfortunately,U ignored it

Maybe oversight
. . . . . .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
openmine:

If U claim that the apostles used the law of moses to teach the early Christians,why was Paul and Barnabas against the teaching of the law of moses when some men from Antioch said that the gentiles must do what moses taught them?
Why did Peter also condemn such teaching when some jews asked that the converted gentiles obey the laws of moses?
Bro now we know who is lying btw us...cos scripture shows that!

Because Jesus had fulfilled that. There are shadows in the law .which Christ fulfilled. Circumicision was not required because Christ has become circumsicsin. But there is no fulfillment for your personal prayer,offering ,tithe ,fasting ,alms worship etc. they are principles .

This is yet another manipulative and deceptive statement that lacks substance,scripture or direction....
I have offered scriptures after scriptures to attest the invalidation and abolishing of the law of moses..
Unfortunately,U are yet to present just one scripture in the entire bible to challenge or refute Hebrews 7:18 or Romans 10:4 or ephesians 2:14 - 16 or colossians 2:6 - 23 which was written by the same paul..
Rather U keep making Unfounded assumptions...saying Christ abolished some laws and left some....Yet U claim am the one cherry picking? shocked shocked

The issue with the law was that men sought it for righteousnes . It cannot give a man , salvation,perfection . Because man was imperfect . Reference to the law . Relates the the ability to be perfected by it or made righteous.. it's not dealing with the principles of Gids kingdom mentioned in the law .

It was already predicted that Christ was going to bring justification and righteousness.

Isaiah 53:11 (KJV Strong's)
. . . .by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.

[1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV Strong's)
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Romans 10:4-5 (KJV)
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

You can see The content of the law is good on its own as long as a man does not seek to be justified by them

Romans 7:12 (KJV Strong's)
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

What do U understand by the scripture,hebrews 7:12?
For when the PRIESTHOOD is CHANGED, the LAW must be CHANGED also.

It's as simple as it is . Priesthood changed from Levi to Christ . A type of Melchizedek. The tithe collector!

Then some men came to Antioch from Judea and began teaching the non-Jewish believers: “You cannot be saved if you are not circumcised as Moses taught us.” 2 Paul and Barnabas were AGAINST THIS TEACHING and ARGUED with these men about it. acts 15:1-2
15 Christ ended the law with its many commands and rules. His purpose was to make the two groups become one in him. By doing this he would make peace. Ephesians 2:15 ERV
But people who depend on following the law to make them right are under a curse. As the Scriptures say, “They must do everything that is written in the law. If they do not always obey, they are under a curse Galatians 3:10 ERV
A final nail to the coffin of ALL the LAWS of moses was contained in Hebrews 7:18

I explained this above. . Christ is our circumcision,justification righteousness. We attain that by salvation. But that doesn't take away the moral value of Gods kingdom

The law of moses was superior and still superior to the nigerian constitution...
The law is a unified entity which can not be shared in bits and pieces just for some folks to choose which to obey and which to discard just like the nigerian constitution which keeps being changed every year like christmas wrapper to suit a few people in the country...

So WE finally agreed that there was indeed a new law by God which is more superior to the old....right?...i thought the only law was the one given by moses..interesting!

Don't miss my point . I told you it wasn't a perfect example . My point is the Constance of moral value .

Same law Paul and barnabas condemned in Acts 15:1-2
Same law Paul rebuked the Galatians from observing in Galatians 2 and 3?
Same law he called weak,useless and worthless in Hebrews 7:18?

I believe my response already answeeed that. It's only on the ground of seeking justification.

In the case of tithe,there was no mention as a spiritual principle....such principle must be done on a daily basis and also contained in the scriptures which was never the case...

A principle doesn't have to be daily . Abraham prayed only once by record

Using the exchange btw Abraham and Melchizedek as grounds to classify tithe as a spiritual principle is not only faulty but laughable...
We can as well use any one-off incident that occurred before the law and use as an ethernal principle....like i said,Its baseless and laughable...
Even if we decide to Use the law to validate that one off incident btw abraham and Melchizedek,U will find out that Ur tithe belief using the law as a focal point is faulty and erroneous... the law of moses based on war spoils stipulates that the priest doesn't even get a 10th of the war spoils based on the instruction of God in Numbers 31:21-54

Don't even go there at all. All these war spoil exchange . I gave you you the references . It was tithe .

Contrary to Ur opinions and surprisingly ur hasty assumptions,i haven't avoided and will never avoid any question asked....If there was any one avoiding my questions and inputting unfounded verses in the scriptures,it has been U... smiley
Cos i see no reason why ur tithe principle will be based on an unspoken revelation to Abraham which was NEVER written in the bible simply because,according to Petra1,there were no BOOKS then grin grin grin

Were there books? What books ?

Like i have said and keep saying,If U want Us to open a new thread about the laws of moses including ur dearly beloved incest,Please do so and i will gladly show up but for the benefit of this thread and issue at hand,lets stick to ur lofty analogy which states that tithe is an "eternal principle" cheesy cheesy

It has a lot to do with my point brother

Everything....It was not an error like U said...It was an intentional Act to sleep with their maid....

It was umbelief . He didn't wait for God.

If we decide to stick to the topic of the thread which is why pastors avoid Deutronomy 14:22-29...It will not only contradict ur pre law-tithe principles but also render tithe being practiced by most believers (Including U) as fraudulent and based on falsehood!

Kindly proove it

Thats becos the subject matter is "tithe" not "incest" not to kill or to bear false witness....
But seriously,i dont need the law to tell me "incest" is wrong...it's just common sense....
Even Romans 13:8-10 explains clearly that no matter the law that was given was summed up into LOVE!!

I brought it up to proof you wrong .

Seriously are U asking me that? were U not the one who said there were no books to record ur unfounded documentation of the lives of Abraham and his family?
Am Just laughing and wondering where on earth U got such concocted and misguided thinking to feel that what was written in the bible was not enough and U wanted to help God put more in the bible through guess work...
Revelation 22:18-19
....Just accept the scriptures U find there bro and not put or insert whats not there.....Its deceptive to make such lie that Abraham received the tithe principle through a "mouthed revelation" that was never recorded in the bible.

What reference can you provide that they had books

Going by what U have said so far about tithe being an eternal principle,Ur tithe beliefs are not based on 1 Corinthians 9....
There was no mention of tithe for those who preach the gospel and that does not only include ministers but other Christians who teach the word of God...

2 Corinthians 9:14
In the same way, the Lord has commanded that THOSE who PREACH the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

This scripture includes any believer that preaches the good news....
Notice that the bible says RECEIVE A LIVING OR SUPPORT NOT collecting of tithes....
Along the same lines, the Master directed that those who spread the Message be SUPPORTED by those who believe the Message. MSG
It is the same with those who have the work of telling the Good News. The Lord has commanded that those who tell the Good News should get their LIVING from this work.
This same teaching was also admonished by Jesus christ to his disciples when they went out to preach the gospel
Matthew 10:7-10

The income for the ministers in the Old Testament was tithes and offerings . So kindly don't add to it. If Paul' used it as illustration,let it speak for itself

Thats because U dont know and U are only assuming what jacob was thinking....Even as a bible scholar or student,U cannot base ur analysis or
theories based on assumptions....The bible said Jacob Vowed and thats where it ends!

Jacob made a VOW not tithe....
A vow can be any percentage and between two people based on the person's volition....
The bible writes that he made a VOW....accept it and stop trying to create Ur own scenarios about Jacob's vow....

GENESIS 28:20
20 Then JACOB MADE A VOW, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear

So many people before the law have made vows....does that now mean those vows apply to us as Christians?

A vow is just a statement of commitment. National pledge is a vow . But it was handed down from generations . Its like someone vows . "Lord if you save me from this trouble ,I will serve you" that doesn't mean he wouldn't serve him if there had not been trouble .

Occurrence implies relevance according to what was written....

Was every detail documented ?

and no Abraham didn't pray just once and that wasn't the only prayer recorded before the law...

How many time did Abraham pray?

Abraham never tithed....Hebrews 7:6 shows that for such to be called a tithe,it wud have to be btw a levite who receives such tithe and a priest of a levitical order.

That is utter rubbish . If God says Abraham gave tithe . Leave it like that ok. It didn't say Levi gave war spoil in Abraham .

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV Strong's)
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Hope you saw the highlight. "TITHE "

The main substance of that scripture was to draw a comparison between the levitical priesthood and the priesthood of Melchizedek...
There is a contrast between Abraham war spoils and the levites tithe....

How far will you go to change Gids holy word brother . I'm sure if you have your way you would call 8% . grin grin grin grin chaiiii !

While Abraham gave a 10th of the war spoils to king Melchizedek and gave the rest to the king of sodom,

When you begin to desecrate scripture deliberately like this . I wonder if I need to respond anymore to you. For your information. 10th ,10% and tithe are all the same . Just as sabbath and "rest are all the same . Now you want to remove the spirituality of precious Abraham tithe just to put up argument that's not very nice . Melchizedek was not just a king . He was a priest Gods highpriest . Abraham didn't give him tithe as a king but as a high priest . He had power to bless Abraham because he was greater than Abraham .

Read the scripture below and repent pls .

Hebrews 7:7 (AMPC)
7 Yet it is beyond all contradiction that it is the lesser person who is blessed by the greater one

Do kings bless prophets? Only a priest can bless .

the levites gave a 10th to the levitical priesthood while they kept the rest of the tithes which happened to be of farm produce DEUTRONOMY 14:22-29;NUMBERS 18:20;DEUTRONOMY 26[/quote
At the end,the comparison was only meant to show the superiority of the Melchizedek order over the levitical priesthood based on the following attributes
"resembling the Son of God, and he remains a priest forever." NOT tithe....Like U want us to believe!
And lets be honest with our selves,
The law tithe was an obligation,

Tithes was the major discuss. The man big so tey he received tithes from Abraham and blessed him.

Abraham was under no obligation to give Melchizedek of the war spoils...

Your assumption. Prove it.

The law tithe was based on farm produce and cattle(DEUTERONOMY 14:22-29;NUMBERS 18:20;DEUTERONOMY 26)
Abraham fought to rescue his cousin lot from the captivity of the kings where he came back with war spoils...(Hebrews 7:1-2;Genesis 14:17-24)
The levites received a tithe from the people of israel and gave the levitical priest a 10th of a 10th...

They were primarily a nation of farmers just as Nigeria was an oil producing nation . That doesn't mean that's all they produce. I've proven that to all viewers .

Abraham gave not from his possessions or from his people's possession but from the war spoils which was recovered during battle...
Hence,it wud be wrong to say Abraham tithed....

He gave from his posession . The king already gave them to him . He gave tithe first to the priest and return the rest .

I asked U a very simple question....Wud ur earthly father ask anything from U wen he is already wealthy? Its a YES or NO

Genesis 27:4 (KJV)
4 And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die

There is no distinction when it comes to benevolence....

You're wrong. A giving cannot take the place of another . Honoring God cannot take the place of honoring parents.

Mark 7:10-13 (NLT)
10 For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and ‘Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.’ 11 But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.’ 12 In this way, you let them disregard their needy parents. 13 And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition. And this is only one example among many others.”

2 Corinthians 8:7
7 But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you—see that you also excel in this GRACE OF GIVING.

Benevolence is not an obligation like tithe...Once a condition is attached to what U give,its no longer giving but a payment...
2 Corinthians 9:7
7 Each one of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give. You should not give reluctantly or under obligation to give. God loves those who are happy to give.

That's only a kind of giving .

Thats Ur problem not mine

OUCH!!

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
Sparingly has to do with hesitance or greed but a believer is a generous giver...
The key word is generosity Not offering some thing to get some thing...which is tithe....
Okay lets say U are generous without tithing,will U still be wealthy?

The point I wanted you to see as against your kalo kalo error. Is that nothing is wrong in giving with expectation. It's of faith to give with expectation of increase .

Really?
A plan that was made to the people of israel?
The one which U are not even observing?
In Christ we are made complete and receive ALL that we need...Not tithe smiley
Ephesians 1:3

It's a principle . Abraham knows this , Jacob and Esau knows this .

Malachi was written to the people of israel who were under the law of moses not grace....are U saying dere was grace during the time of malachi? grin grin grin

Grace refers to Gods blessing or ability in a man. Samson Strenth was a grace . Solomon wisdom was a grace . That's what I meant . Not dispensation of grace but ability

You inserted "ONLY"

You did

Well i know better about Ur tithe beliefs....the unspoken revelation that was mouthed to Abraham but wasn't too important to be recorded because there was no book or no ink then according to petra1

That reminds me . I'm waiting for references on the books they used . Maybe I missed it.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I tried to study these scriptures to find GRACE OF TITHING but i found NONE....Maybe Paul forgot to insert that in his letter to the epistles....Or maybe that might be an unspoken revelation by Paul which he failed to tell the church maybe because there wasn't enough "books to cover that".... grin grin
Bro Petra1....This ur concoction strong Ohh cheesy cheesy

Mal 3 should be ok for now

As much as i agree with U that knowledge of the scripture is required to be made right,Its important to understand that NOT all scriptures APPLIES to a believer in christ....
Are U aware of the law of christ?
Are U also aware that there was a new law that supersedes that of the law of moses?
Remember that knowledge of homosexuality or incest does not stop a believer from indulging in them...hence knowledge of such law doesnt take away such impulse...
The new law is based on LOVE and of the spirit of God....
Galatians 5:18 - 23

What you call the law of Christ is only a section of the law of Moses . The real law of Christ is a nature . It's not even a law . It's life .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:32am On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:

Read the whole passage . It's about sin and atonement.

The document below will give better understanding
Was trying to point out burning of incense as a law....which u mistakenly tot was incest

The shadows are fulfilled ,the principles remain .
Which doesn't include tithe...Unless U are still fantasizing about the "spoken revelation of Abraham" which we all know is only a figment of your imagination....

Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Strong's Concordance
teleó: to bring to an end, complete, fulfill
Original Word: τελέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: teleó
Phonetic Spelling: (tel-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I end, accomplish, pay
Definition: (a) I end, finish, (b) I fulfill, accomplish, (c) I pay.

There was no way christ wud demolish a law that he came to bring to an end through his death....
This is further understood using Galatians 3:24
24 I mean the law was the guardian in charge of us until Christ came. After he came, we could be made right with God through faith. 25 Now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law to be our guardian.

Brother . Paul quoted the law. What safest thou .?

.Ephesians 6:2-[/b]3 (KJV)
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth

And paul wrote that christ ended the law....
Ephesians 2:15
15 [b]Christ ended the law with its many commands and rules.
His purpose was to make the two groups become one in him. By doing this he would make peace.
Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The old rule is now ended because it was weak and worthless . 19 The Law of Moses could not make anything perfect. But now a better hope has been given to us. And with that hope we can come near to God.

So on what ground would you condemn incest? Or homosexuality
On the grounds that U dont sleep with ur siblings of which U dont need a law to tell U dat....So bro U actually need a law to tell U not to sleep with Ur sisters? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Do U need a law to stop U from being a homo?
Did God create Adam and jack or Eve and mary in the garden of eden?
Is masturbation a sin?

Maybe oversight
. . . . . .
I hope so....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:06am On Feb 03, 2017
No one is interested in your opinion or your disappointments.
But you will love this video if you are willing, since you refuse to listen to non tithers in scripture and word-this guy preachers the corrections that your Prosperity preachers don't preach, he also preachers the differences between tithing and giving, in the correct way, I am not expecting you to learn anything from this-only because your heart is harden and far from it.
But a tither should at least learn something about the truths about tithing and giving and why" were there changes in the Church of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_fxRJeO_s
LambanoPeace:

Thanks
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Try and be more disappointed this time, with the Word Of God Mr LambanoPeace
The truth about tithing today is a business, it don't belong to God as the tithers claim it to be-it belongs to the world, a world of greed and selfishness's and of course full of religious hypocrites.
The world can only go after their own-you sell one product, you gain two. The money game runs on the same merit.
{Matthew 6:24} Jesus said: You can't serve two masters, you will either hate the one, and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one, and despise the other. You can't serve two masters God and Mammon {Money}. At the same time.
WHILE THE CHURCHES EVERY WEEK SEEK AFTER TITHES MONEY--WE DON'T SEE CHURCHES SEEKING GOD?
AND WHEN WE SEE CHURCHES SEEKING GOD--WE DON'T SEE CHURCHES SEEKING AFTER TITHES MONEY.
It's impossible to serve two masters "equally" don't we just love the Word Of God Mr LambanoPeace?..
LambanoPeace:

Thanks
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 4:30am On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:

Because Jesus had fulfilled that. There are shadows in the law .which Christ fulfilled. Circumcision was not required because Christ has become circumsicsin. But there is no fulfillment for your personal prayer,offering ,tithe ,fasting ,alms worship etc. they are principles .
Not just Circumcision....but the entire law of moses was condemned by Paul,Barnabas and Peter in Acts 15
U said paul never condemned the law of moses and i offered U a scripture to prove otherwise...

The issue with the law was that men sought it for righteousnes . It cannot give a man , salvation,perfection­ . Because man was imperfect . Reference to the law . Relates the the ability to be perfected by it or made righteous.. it's not dealing with the principles of Gids kingdom mentioned in the law

It was already predicted that Christ was going to bring justification and righteousness.

Isaia­h 53:11 (KJV Strong's)
. . . .by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.

[1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV Strong's)
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness [/­b], and sanctification, and redemption:

Romans 10:4-5 (KJV)
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
5 For Moses describeth the [b] righteousness [/­b] which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

You can see The content of the law is good on its own as long as a man does not seek to be justified by them
Based on my reply to U,i expected a response where Christ made separation of which law to abolish and which to discard...Hence,i expect those scriptures....but i do know very well that no law supersedes the one given to christ when he became a high priest...

[color=#77007­7]Romans 7:12 (KJV Strong's)
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
[/color]

I have also refuted this scripture using 1 Timothy 1:8
8 We know that the [b] law is good if one uses it properly.
9 We also know that the law is made NOT for the RIGHTEOUS but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
And going by Romans 7:12,its possible that NO one can keep the law of moses....Or can U?
15 Christ ended the law with its many commands and rules. Ephesians 2:15

It's as simple as it is . Priesthood changed from Levi to Christ . A type of Melchizedek. The tithe collector!
U didnt answer the question...The law also changed bro...And yet U accuse me of evasion grin grin
Sorry bro...Melchizedek is no tithe collector! That's wat U want to believe because U are also a tithe collector!

I explained this above. . Christ is our circumcision,justifi­cation righteousness. We attain that by salvation. But that doesn't take away the moral value of Gods kingdom
Do i have a feeling that U are trying to challenge what was written by Paul?
Its crystal clear...whether moral value or not....All laws have been done away with....

15 Christ ENDED THE LAW with its MANY COMMANDS AND RULES. Ephesians 2:15a ERV
15 He rendered the Law inoperative, along with its commandments and regulations, Ephesians 2:15a ISV

Don't miss my point . I told you it wasn't a perfect example . My point is the Constance of moral value .

Moral or not...The comparison doesn't fit
The law is a unified entity that can not be shared in bits and pieces....
James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

If james said that if U stumble on one of the laws,then U are guilty of ALL...It simply means the law of moses whether moral or not moral is taken holistically!

I believe my response already answeeed that. It's only on the ground of seeking justification.
And i responded by saying U dont seek to apply a law that cannot justify U or put U right with God...

A principle doesn't have to be daily . Abraham prayed only once by record
Wrong bro...
Abraham interceded for sodom Genesis 18:16-33
Abraham prayed to God for healing on Abimelech Genesis 20:17
Abraham prayed for a son Genesis 15:2

Don't even go there at all. All these war spoil exchange . I gave you you the references . It was tithe .

And i refuted the reference with scriptures just to show that war spoils given to Melchizedek by Abraham was not the same as the one stipulated in the law...
Melchizedek met Abraham.offered his refreshment,Abraham in a show of good gesture gave him a 10th of war spoils...and gave the rest to the king of Sodom....there by taking nothing with him...Simple!
U Just want to make a doctrine out of this simple gesture....as if Abraham was forced or obligated to do so...smh

Were there books? What books ?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
I knew U wud claim U said nothing like that....
U said the reason why the unspoken or mouthed revelation of the tithe to Abraham wasnt recorded was because there wasnt ENOUGH BOOKS for such documentation!

It has a lot to do with my point brother
Good then open a thread for that....Ur incest points, as important as they are, has no relationship with "tithe being an eternal principle"
It was still an intentional Act...waiting for God isn't the point...did he do so or not?

Kindly proove it
Lets start with Ur pre-law tithe,
Which U claim was a mouthed revelation by God to Abraham...Unfortunately,nothing of such could be found in the bible...which can only mean two things:Its either U are trying to assume whats not written in the bible or Ur tithe being an eternal principle has no foundation...Hence its already dead on arrival!

Current version of tithe:
based on Deuteronomy 14:22-29,A tither is meant to set aside its tithe of his grain,new wine,oil,flocks and eat of his or her tithe every year...Then after every three years,U offer Ur tithe to.... the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns and levites
Unfortunately,there is no levite but Most churches today have made the pastor or minister as a levite and am wondering where they came up with such scripture that gives a pastor or minister the grounds to be a levite!
And where is it stated that tithe must be of an income when the bible stated clearly that it was of farm produce...
Can U now see the error associated with today's tither's pattern of tithing?
U dont even obey the tithe that U are applying but run to malachi to justify ur tithe payments smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 5:01am On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:
I brought it up to proof you wrong .
Well then U have done a bad job if that was ur intention

What reference can you provide that they had books
I have none...and U also cant prove there was no books to make such accounts or records...

The income for the ministers in the Old Testament was tithes and offerings . So kindly don't add to it. If Paul' used it as illustration,let it speak for itself

Okay lets analyze that scripture 1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Surely you know that those who work at the Temple get their food from the Temple.
This refers to the levites and priest of the levitical priesthood...

And those who serve at the altar get part of what is offered at the altar.

This also refers to the altar where burnt offerings and sin offering were done according to the law of moses..

14 It is the same with those who have the work of telling the Good News. The Lord has commanded that those who tell the Good News should get their living from this work.
This is where U or any one who preaches the good news is SUPPORTED for ur work....

There was no minister in the OT just priests and levites....U are meant to be supported financially for preaching the word!

A vow is just a statement of commitment. National pledge is a vow . But it was handed down from generations . Its like someone vows . "Lord if you save me from this trouble ,I will serve you" that doesn't mean he wouldn't serve him if there had not been trouble .
Jacob made a Vow not for the world but for himself...It has no effect on anyone...
Genesis 28:20-21
Then Jacob made a VOW, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God
How does this selfish vow from jacob have an effect on new covenant believers and how is it a basis for believers to tithe?
Was every detail documented ?
Of course Abraham prayed and transferred the prayer principle to the next generation isaac
How many time did Abraham pray?
This is just the ones i can remember...there are others...
That is utter rubbish . If God says Abraham gave tithe . Leave it like that ok. It didn't say Levi gave war spoil in Abraham .
...And it will be foolhardy snd deceptive of U to say that Abraham tithed when he actually didnt...that same scripture says he gave melkezedek a 10th and gave the rest to the king of sodom...does that sound or look like tithe to U?
Did he tithe of his possessions or use others possession as tithe to Melchizedek?
Was he under an obligation to offer the war spoils to Melchizedek?
If there is any one who is making an utter rubbish,its U....making preposterous and unfounded claims that God mouthed a tithe revelation to Abraham that wasn't found in the bible but was revealed only to YOU....what sort of deception and manipulation is that?
Hope you saw the highlight. "TITHE "
A 10th of war spoils of which he gave the rest to king Melchizedek ...
This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.Was there an obligation or law stipulating that Abraham gives a 10th of war spoils to Melchizedek?
Did he give a 10th of his possession or that of his people?
How far will you go to change Gids holy word brother . I'm sure if you have your way you would call 8% . grin grin grin grin chaiiii !
I never did...its ur knowledge of that scripture that is preventing U from understanding that Abraham never tithed....he never did because tithe was never in existence before the law...If it was,then prove that Abraham was actually obeying a laid down law wen he offered a 10th of the plunder to Melchizedek?
There was proof of the covenant of circumcision,there was proof of burnt offering,why is it so hard for U to prove that there was actually a law or principle called tithe that abraham was actually obeying wen he met Melchizedek?
I asked U before and U went about explaining how abraham was given a revelation to tithe....

When you begin to desecrate scripture deliberately like this . I wonder if I need to respond anymore to you. For your information. 10th ,10% and tithe are all the same . Just as sabbath and "rest are all the same . Now you want to remove the spirituality of precious Abraham tithe just to put up argument that's not very nice . Melchizedek was not just a king . He was a priest Gods highpriest . Abraham didn't give him tithe as a king but as a high priest . He had power to bless Abraham because he was greater than Abraham .
grin grin grin grin
The desecration of scripture actually started wen U said Abraham received a mouthed revelation to tithe the war spoils to Melchizedek...
Making such shameless assumptions were enough reasons not to engage U in a sensible discus but i was willing to play along hoping U would come to Ur senses....
Melchizedek being a king was enough reasons why such incidence sud have been graced with a laid down law to further claim that Abraham was indeed tithing...
Instead U rendered Ur tithe beliefs baseless and empty by saying that there was not book that recorded the part where a mouthed revelation mas made to abraham....Unbelievable grin grin grin
And yet U accuse me of desecrating Scriptures...U gat Jokes bro
Read the scripture below and repent pls .
He­brews 7:7 (AMPC)
7 Yet it is beyond all contradiction that it is the lesser person who is blessed by the greater one
Do kings bless prophets? Only a priest can bless .
A tither whose tithe principles are based on an unfounded scripture in the bible is asking me to repent?
grin grin grin grin
The fact still remains that Abraham never tithed.....
was never under any obligation to tithe...
wasnt following any principle or laid down law to tithe
He only gave war spoils in exchange for the kind gesture from the king Melchizedek...
The batton is on U to prove that Abraham was actually doing so based on a laid down law or principle...

Tithes was the major discuss. The man big so tey he received tithes from Abraham and blessed him.
Melchizedek first offered food and wine,then blessed Abraham before abraham offer him a 10th of the war spoils....
It never was because tithe was never a laid down law during the time of abraham...

Your assumption. Prove it.
Simply because there was no laid down law obligating him to do so...
If there is please show me..

They were primarily a nation of farmers just as Nigeria was an oil producing nation . That doesn't mean that's all they produce. I've proven that to all viewers .
Before oil was discovered in nigeria,the nation was an agrarian country and still is to this time....
The law of moses was specific as to what was to be tithed by the people of israel....farm produce and cattle herd...!
Money was used wen the distance was too far....hence it was used to buy any thing the tither's heart desired even wine

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

He gave from his posession . The king already gave them to him . He gave tithe first to the priest and return the rest .
Did he take the rest is the argument...If he didnt,the he was under no obligation to tithe....
There was actually no intention to meet the king...
he only went to rescue his cousin lot and came back with war spoils....are U implying that believers must go to war before they can offer their tithe to a priest? grin grin grin grin

Genesis 27:4 (KJV)
4 And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die
Is it a YES OR A NO?

You're wrong. A giving cannot take the place of another . Honoring God cannot take the place of honoring parents.

Mar­k 7:10-13 (NLT)
10 For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and ‘Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.’ 11 But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.’ 12 In this way, you let them disregard their needy parents. 13 And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition. And this is only one example among many others.”
This scripture supports my claim...
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Benevolence knows no distinction....It must be given to any one as U have been led by Ur heart...the personality is not important as long as U are a generous giver,God will always delight in U....2 Corinthians 9:6-7
That's only a kind of giving .
Not just any kind of giving...its based on LOVE....any giving that is based on what U will get only breeds greed...the heart of a generous giver please God....!
The point I wanted you to see as against your kalo kalo error. Is that nothing is wrong in giving with expectation. It's of faith to give with expectation of increase .
Giving that attaches an expectation only breeds greed and anxiety which causes to the sower to sow "sparingly"....
Giving generously makes U feel at ease knowing that some one is blessed by ur generosity...expectation or not!
After-all U have been blessed to be a blessing...
It's a principle . Abraham knows this , Jacob and Esau knows this .
esau?
U don start? cheesy cheesy
Please dont make me shed tears while laughing ohh...Abraham mouthed revelation never finish,U want bring esau into the equation grin grin
Maybe Ur next revelation might be that he gave a 10th of his porridge to jacob abi.. grin grin grin grin
Define Principle:An accepted or professed rule of action or conduct
So where was the rule to tithe written before the law?
Grace refers to Gods blessing or ability in a man. Samson Strenth was a grace . Solomon wisdom was a grace . That's what I meant . Not dispensation of grace but ability
there was no "unmerited favor" to tithe in malachi....
Tithe was an obligation and a must for the people of Israel....its either U do it or face the wrath of God!
The ability to tithe comes from obeying the instructions to tithe which unfortunately is not the case in most churches today...
That reminds me . I'm waiting for references on the books they used . Maybe I missed it.
Bro dont try to run from ur writings nah... grin grin
U claimed there was no book to record the events where God mouthed the revelation of tithe to abraham...Just saying its alone makes it look so funny grin grin grin...see How U are trying to belittle the bible and by extension God just because of tithes....Abraham's mouthed revelation on tithe grin grin grin grin
Mal 3 should be ok for now
grin grin grin
U didnt see deutronomy 14:22-29
U no see deutronomy 26 or Numbers 18:20...
U only saw malachi 3 and called it grace of tithing....and U said am the one desecrating the scriptures...
What you call the law of Christ is only a section of the law of Moses .
There are similarities but the law of christ is far superior cos its founded on better promises and it draws us closer to God..Thats why it is a new law
The real law of Christ is a nature . It's not even a law . It's life .
Bro that scripture has spoken...Its a law...deal wit it or go form Ur own bible and make Ur own laws.... grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 5:14am On Feb 03, 2017
Aren't you wasting your time brother-tithers are stuck in the stone age-they haven't yet come fully over to Christ.
Tithers are still in the Old Testament under the Mosaic law system. "Moses law".
Don't get me wrong brother you are correct in word and in truth. Tithers remind me of the Jehovah Witnesses they will never agree with you, they will always find ways to twist and turn the Word Of God.
They don't understand the Word, the way you understand it, because bro they never asked the Lord to do so.
This is the bottom line bro-Jesus said you can't worship two masters at the same time, you will either hate the one and love the other-or be devoted to the one, and despise the other. God and Mammon.
openmine:

Not just Circumcision....but the entire law of moses was condemned by Paul,Barnabas and Peter in Acts 15
U said paul never condemned the law of moses and i offered U a scripture to prove otherwise...

Based on my reply to U,i expected a response where Christ made separation of which law to abolish and which to discard...Hence,i expect those scriptures....but i do know very well that no law supersedes the one given to christ when he became a high priest...

I have also refuted this scripture using 1 Timothy 1:8
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made NOT for the RIGHTEOUS but for lawbreakers [/b]and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
And going by Romans 7:12,its possible that NO one can keep the law of moses....Or can U?
15 [b] Christ ended the law with its many commands and rules. Ephesians 2:15

U didnt answer the question...The law also changed bro...And yet U accuse me of evasion grin grin
Sorry bro...Melchizedek is no tithe collector! That's wat U want to believe because U are also a tithe collector!

Do i have a feeling that U are trying to challenge what was written by Paul?
Its crystal clear...whether moral value or not....All laws have been done away with....

15 Christ ENDED THE LAW with its MANY COMMANDS AND RULES. Ephesians 2:15a ERV
15 He rendered the Law inoperative, along with its commandments and regulations, Ephesians 2:15a ISV

Moral or not...The comparison doesn't fit
The law is a unified entity that can not be shared in bits and pieces....
James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

If james said that if U stumble on one of the laws,then U are guilty of ALL...It simply means the law of moses whether moral or not moral is taken holistically!

And i responded by saying U dont seek to apply a law that cannot justify U or put U right with God...

Wrong bro...

And i refuted the reference with scriptures just to show that war spoils given to Melchizedek by Abraham was not the same as the one stipulated in the law...
Melchizedek met Abraham.offered his refreshment,Abraham in a show of good gesture gave him a 10th of war spoils...and gave the rest to the king of Sodom....there by taking nothing with him...Simple!
U Just want to make a doctrine out of this simple gesture....as if Abraham was forced or obligated to do so...smh

grin grin grin grin grin grin
I knew U wud claim U said nothing like that....
U said the reason why the unspoken or mouthed revelation of the tithe to Abraham wasnt recorded was because there wasnt ENOUGH BOOKS for such documentation!

Good then open a thread for that....Ur incest points, as important as they are, has no relationship with "tithe being an eternal principle"
It was still an intentional Act...waiting for God isn't the point...did he do so or not?

Lets start with Ur pre-law tithe,
Which U claim was a mouthed revelation by God to Abraham...Unfortunately,nothing of such could be found in the bible...which can only mean two things:Its either U are trying to assume whats not written in the bible or Ur tithe being an eternal principle has no foundation...Hence its already dead on arrival!

Current version of tithe:
based on Deuteronomy 14:22-29,A tither is meant to set aside its tithe of his grain,new wine,oil,flocks and eat of his or her tithe every year...Then after every three years,U offer Ur tithe to.... the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns and levites
Unfortunately,there is no levite but Most churches today have made the pastor or minister as a levite and am wondering where they came up with such scripture that gives a pastor or minister the grounds to be a levite!
And where is it stated that tithe must be of an income when the bible stated clearly that it was of farm produce...
Can U now see the error associated with today's tither's pattern of tithing?
U dont even obey the tithe that U are applying but run to malachi to justify ur tithe payments smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 5:23am On Feb 03, 2017
brocab:
Aren't you wasting your time brother-tithers are stuck in the stone age-they haven't yet come fully over to Christ.
Tithers are still in the Old Testament under the Mosaic law system. "Moses law".
Don't get me wrong brother you are correct in word and in truth. Tithers remind me of the Jehovah Witnesses they will never agree with you, they will always find ways to twist and turn the Word Of God.
They don't understand the Word, the way you understand it, only because bro they had never asked the Lord for the truth and the Spirit of God had not open their hearts to give them this truth.
bro U are right but petra1 and other tithers have erroneously misled most believers to tithe....manipulating dem by offering dem blessings unimaginable... and wat was needed was their tithe every month....
I don't even see it as a competition but a platform to let believers know that tithing no longer exists..The most shocking aspect is a tither saying Abraham had a mouthed revelation about tithe... fraudulence at its pick..good morning brocab
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 6:03am On Feb 03, 2017
Good morning to you brother, it is 3-10 pm my time. Bro you are doing such a great job-but to honest people aren't looking for long sentences, long pages of scriptures, people are looking to get straight to the point, tithers remind me of the Jehovah Witnesses.
It doesn't matter how many scriptures you have proven to them about tithing, tithing was never about money-nor in Israel the Jews tithe today, Tithers aren't any better then any other religion who truly don't believe in the truth about Christ.
You received the truth because you asked-They haven't yet asked-and like many other religions they will try anything to turn the Word Of God around against itself.
Tithers are different bro, they seek after their riches and kingdoms on earth, they have a % they believe is the way into the kingdom of God.
We non tithers seek first the word of God our riches is the kingdom of God.
If we were to tithe like Abraham, then we need to tithe like that little old lady, Jesus talks about given two copper coins. "All"
Can I tag along side you brother, and work as a team back to back.
openmine:

bro U are right but petra1 and other tithers have erroneously misled most believers to tithe....manipulating dem by offering dem blessings unimaginable... and wat was needed was their tithe every month....
I don't even see it as a competition but a platform to let believers know that tithing no longer exists..The most shocking aspect is a tither saying Abraham had a mouthed revelation about tithe... fraudulence at its pick..good morning brocab

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:51am On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:
Nobody says tithing is mandatory. Nothing is mandatory.
There's difference between necessity and mandatory. Your worship of God is still within your will power to do or not to do.

brocab:
If we were to tithe like Abraham, then we need to tithe like that little old lady, Jesus talks about given two copper coins. "All"
The old lady didnt even tithe, what she made was a donation to the temple treasury
What the lady gave to the temple treasury was not tithing,
it was a cheerful giving made under no compulsion fuelled by faith in a God know as the Jehovah Jireh, God her Provider.
Jesus didnt see her giving as tithe, and neither called it tithe

It is a remarkable coincidence that Petra1/joagbaje has admitted and accepted that tithing is not mandatory
It must be hailed as a milestone for Petra1/joagbaje to conceed that tithing is not required by law nor is it compulsory.

This honesty and blunt admittance is admirable - despite his ill-informed opinions on tithing, he is totally honest about tithing not being mandatory or compulsory.

The issue of tithing, is just like the law of gravity which is not mandatory for flying,
moreso if in this case, when applying a higher law, of the likes of the law of aerodynamics is in operation

We all know the law of aerodynamics nullifies the law of gravity and makes it inoperative
as when the law of aerodynamics is in operation, the law of gravity is not working nor has no effect.
This is exactly what is going on with the law of sin and death (e.g. tithing etcetera)
and the law of Spirit (e.g. cheerful giving under no compulsion etcetera) - the latter nullifies the former

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Zikkyy2: 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:

Is incest a sin ? If it is how do you know? If a family is into incest . On what ground can you tell him it's a sin? Epistles ?

Galatians 5:19-21
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 5: 1
"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife."

Even pagans knew! wink
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Zikkyy2: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:

OMGGGG! shocked This is new. Melchizedek a.k.a. "the tithe collector" grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Zikkyy2: 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:

Regarding the issue of ownership, you may want to consider Genesis 14:24.......

"24I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshkol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”

if we say Abraham had right to the goods, he did not give a tenth to Melchizedek as "sole owner" of the spoils of war. Aner, Eshkol and Mamre had stake in the spoils. So Abraham gave tithe on behalf of himself, Aner, Eshkol and Mamre. Now i was of the view these other guys did not know the Almighty. wink
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Zikkyy2: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
openmine:

You are doing a job keeping petra1 in check. Keep it up wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Zikkyy2:

You are doing a job keeping petra1 in check. Keep it up wink
Bro zikky longest time....where have U been? smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
If you are going to preach to me at least let us correct the word, Hmm It shows you didn't understand my quote I wrote to openmine, it wasn't actually about a tithe-if you understood it clearly-you would have read "all" which of course isn't a tithe, but that doesn't matter.
Do I answer this, or do I not? I am happy you understand the difference between tithing and giving..
{Mark 12:41-44} Jesus made a point by saying, the rich gave into the treasury out from their wealth-while the little old lady gave out from her poverty, she gave "all" she had to live on.
Jesus made another point by saying, this poor widow has put in more, then all those, who have given into the treasury.
MuffleyLaff you need to understand giving "all" isn't just giving a small donation, Jesus said the rich gave from their wealth-notice Jesus didn't say the rich gave "all" of their wealth-this is, what is, called a donation.
Notice it was the little old lady who was remembered of her good deed, and God loves a cheerful giver.
Abraham tithed to the high priest once only because it was a custom to do so-and he gave "all" what was left to the kings from the spoils of war that didn't belonged to him. Abraham's tithing career had finished once and for "all".
{2 Corinthians 9:7} Let each one do just as he had resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsions because God loves a cheerful giver.
Which of course cheerful given has nothing to do with today's % tithing.
And good on petra1, but he is still trying to prove the tithing lie still exist otherwise. He still believes he is under the law of Moses "Mosaic law system" So lets pray he will ask the Lord and the Spirit of God will fill his heart with all truth.
And with of the other things you have written, its not to late to get of the drugs. JW...
MuttleyLaff:

The old lady didnt even tithe, what she made was a donation to the temple treasury
What the lady gave to the temple treasury was not tithing,
it was a cheerful giving made under no compulsion fuelled by faith in a God know as the Jehovah Jireh, God her Provider.
Jesus didnt see her giving as tithe, and neither called it tithe

It is a remarkable coincidence that Petra1/joagbaje has admitted and accepted that tithing is not mandatory
It must be hailed as a milestone for Petra1/joagbaje to conceed that tithing is not required by law nor is it compulsory.

This honesty and blunt admittance is admirable - despite his ill-informed opinions on tithing, he is totally honest about tithing not being mandatory or compulsory.

The issue of tithing, is just like the law of gravity which is not mandatory for flying,
moreso if in this case, when applying a higher law, of the likes of the law of aerodynamics is in operation

We all know the law of aerodynamics nullifies the law of gravity and makes it inoperative
as when the law of aerodynamics is in operation, the law of gravity is not working nor has no effect.
This is exactly what is going on with the law of sin and death (e.g. tithing etcetera)
and the law of Spirit (e.g. cheerful giving under no compulsion etcetera) - the latter nullifies the former
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
openmine:

Well then U have done a bad job if that was ur intention

That's not nice

I have none...and U also cant prove there was no books to make such accounts or records...

Not too smart to criticize without a fact . Try Goggle . It make you appear at least a little smart . Information was documented by verbal transmission before stone hetching , to skin hides ,scrolls ,paper, computers . Tablets pc. Virtual documentation.

Okay lets analyze that scripture 1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Surely you know that those who work at the Temple get their food from the Temple.
This refers to the levites and priest of the levitical priesthood...

And those who serve at the altar get part of what is offered at the altar.

This also refers to the altar where burnt offerings and sin offering were done according to the law of moses..

14 It is the same with those who have the work of telling the Good News. The Lord has commanded that those who tell the Good News should get their living from this work.
This is where U or any one who preaches the good news is SUPPORTED for ur work....

There was no minister in the OT just priests and levites....U are meant to be supported financially for preaching the word!

And were they not ministers of the terbernacle and temple ? It's parallel. Besides there had been incidence where non terbernacle minister like prophets have received offerings instead of priests

2 Kings 4:42 (KJV)
42 And there came a man from Baalshalisha, and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of corn in the husk thereof. And he said, Give unto the people, that they may eat.

[quote-2Jacob made a Vow not for the world but for himself...It has no effect on anyone...[/quote]

A vow made on an existing principle . If he had decided to fast as a vow . It's because fasting was an existing principle .

Of course Abraham prayed and transferred the prayer principle to the next generation isaac

You agree for that one . More credit for you

...And it will be foolhardy snd deceptive of U to say that Abraham tithed when he actually didnt...that same scripture says he gave melkezedek a 10th

10th ,tithe ,10% is all the same dude

does that sound or look like tithe to U?

People are watching you Bro. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV)
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham . . .

The fact still remains that Abraham never tithed.....

Fight of conscience . cool cool you could have said he never prayed either. He just yarn. grin grin grin. .imagine a prayerless man trying to rubish Abraham prayer as non existent. Just to suit his conscience

Before oil was discovered in nigeria,the nation was an agrarian country and still is to this time....
The law of moses was specific as to what was to be tithed by the people of israel....farm produce and cattle herd...!

Perishable things were not accepted . Unclean animals were not accepted . They gave money value as tithes . Secondly , they tithed on gains .

Luke 18:12 (KJV)
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

Money was used wen the distance was too far....hence it was used to buy any thing the tither's heart desired even wine

That's only a second tithe that is shared . They had 3 kinds of tithes which I posted in my previous posts

Is it a YES OR A NO?
That's scripture .if you can't listen to the principle there . What more can I say

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

We give to God several ways . By free will,tithes,offering ,alms , or to brethren and man of God. Or special projects But one kind of giving doesn't replace the other

Benevolence knows no distinction...

Scripture

Not just any kind of giving...its based on LOVE....any giving that is based on what U will get only breeds greed...the heart of a generous giver please God....!

Every giving must be given with a right heart. Willingly ,cheerfully . It's not a New Testament revelation to replace forceful . . .

1 Chronicles 29:14 (KJV)
14 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.

Giving that attaches an expectation only breeds greed and anxiety which causes to sower to sow "sparingly"....

Scriptures pls not your church teaching . All the scripture given says otherwise. It's of faith to have expectation.

Luke 6:38 (KJV)
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure. . .

2 Corinthians 9:6 (NLT)
6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.

[qoute]there was no "unmerited favor" to tithe in malachi....[/quote]

Let's leave it there then. Maybe another day

Tithe was an obligation and a must for the people of Israel....its either U do it or face the wrath of God!

A curse is simply the absence of a blessing. Same parallel . Give bountiful ,receive bountifully ,give sparingly receive sparingly. Give receive. Etc

The ability to tithe comes from obeying the instructions to tithe which unfortunately is not the case in most churches today...

Never speak for another man
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
TODAY'S TITHER

1. Today’s tithing as pushed by TITHERS AND CHURCHES is fraudulent and mischievous.
2. The Malachi tithe was one and the same as that found in the Law of Moses.
3. NOTHING in the Law of Moses on tithing specified MONETARY TITHING.
4. ONLY AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE were tithed.
5. Changing WHAT, WHERE & WHO to pay tithe to by today’s churches means TWISTING the word of God for selfish gain.
6. None of those who push tithing can show that the Apostles practiced it nor the early church generations that followed them.
7. When they are cornered by explanation of Malachi passage they resort to “Kingdom Principles” or “Eternal Principles” – phrases they cannot explain.
8. Today’s tithers claim to be under the New Covenant yet they REFUSE to follow anything in the BLUEPRINT for the New Covenant – the epistles which actually explains what the SHADOW of the Old Covenant represented.
9. Instead they ‘copy and paste’ from here and there to soothe their consciences, even where it is against God’s clear mandate. As long as they like it or they think they are getting ‘results’ they justify their position.
10. Majority of today’s tithers do it because of any of the following:
- Fear instilled in them by pastors.
- Claims that some benefit comes from it.
- Pressure of one form or the other
- Lack of knowledge of the Christian life in the New Covenant.
11. Under the New Covenant EVERY CHRISTIAN is a priest (1 Peter 2: 5, 9) PASTORS only hold different position BECAUSE of their SPIRITUAL GIFTS. Therefore even if – and that’s a big ‘if’ for that matter – tithing were to be applied to the church, all PRIESTS should be partakers of it.
12. Tithers of today have CLOSED their eyes to how the church gave and administered what believers gave as stated in the Bible. NONE of them follow their example, NONE. How come?

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and
do not let yourselves be BURDENED again by a yoke of slavery"
Galatians 5: 1

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
petra1:

That's not nice
Really?

Not too smart to criticize without a fact . Try Goggle . It make you appear at least a little smart . Information was documented by verbal transmission before stone hetching , to skin hides ,scrolls ,paper, computers . Tablets pc. Virtual documentation.
bro petra1 dont make me laugh...Google? cheesy cheesy
What was written in the bible sud be sufficient for Us...whether a scroll was missing is not the important thing...
If what U said cannot be extracted from the bible then Ur tithe teachings are simply riddled with falsehood and deception...dont add to what the bible says...
Saying that Abraham received a mouthed revelation about tithe yet such wasn't written or can not be found in the bible only make people think U concocted such scripture just to insert the statement that "tithe is an eternal principle"....what a joke and that's Ur lofty proof of tithing?...ooh please.. cheesy

And were they not ministers of the terbernacle and temple ? It's parallel. Besides there had been incidence where non terbernacle minister like prophets have received offerings instead of priests

2 Kings 4:42 (KJV)
42 And there came a man from Baalshalisha, and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of corn in the husk thereof. And he said, Give unto the people, that they may eat.
Once again there is no relationship whatsoever with what is discussed and the scripture U put forward...
I think 1 cor 9:13-14 is crystal clear as to where U belong in the illustration....
There were three instances...Those at the temple,those at the altar and those who minister the gospel...
Which of these instances by paul best describes Ur calling?
Do U minister in a temple Or at the Altar....Do U preach the Good news there?
The lord has ordained that U or anyone that preaches the gospel must be SUPPORTED!!

1 cor 9:14
In the same way , the Lord has prescribed that those who preach the gospel [/b]should [b]earn their living by the gospel.

A vow made on an existing principle . If he had decided to fast as a vow . It's because fasting was an existing principle .
Like i asked U before now,where is that existing principle stated in the bible? Do U mean the "mouthed revelation to Abraham" which the writer wasn't able to record because "some books were missing" according to U? grin grin grin
How is it possible that Abraham and Isaac Burnt offerings were recorded,
The circumcision was recorded too,but the "tithe principle" was not recorded because according to Bro petra1,the scroll or book finish? cheesy cheesy
Or was the writer then against the tithe principle? grin grin grin grin

You agree for that one . More credit for you
Thats what a principle should be....Abraham prayed more than once...Isaac also prayed...jacob prayed...This principle was handed from generation to generation with biblical evidence...Where then is ur proof that tithe is an eternal principle before the law?

10th ,tithe ,10% is all the same dude
No dude...don't get it twisted...Abraham was not under any obligation to offer the war spoils or was obeying any principle...
If U think am wrong prove that tithe is an eternal principle with scriptures please!!
Then i assure U that i will the first to acknowledge the tithe indeed came before the law!

People are watching you Bro. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV)
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham . . .
What defines the usage of a term in the bible?
Like i said,a term in the bible must have a principle or laid down laws backing it...If not such person is doing so based on his own volition or Free-will! Same applies to Abraham!
For instance,Abraham committed adultery...but there was no law prohibiting him from such act...hence,it wasn't counted as a sin against him!
Romans 5:13
13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law.

Abraham was not under any obligation whatsoever to offer the war spoils or was obeying any principle...
If U think am wrong prove that tithe is an eternal principle with scriptures please!!
Then i assure U that i will the first to acknowledge that tithe indeed came before the law!

Fight of conscience . cool cool you could have said he never prayed either. He just yarn. grin grin grin. .imagine a prayerless man trying to rubish Abraham prayer as non existent. Just to suit his conscience
Abraham prayed and prayed and prayed to God....and scripture after scripture testified to that...
But where was the scripture supporting Ur principle claim that Abraham tithed?
Aside Genesis 14,which proof can U offer,before the law, to prove Ur claim?

Abraham was not under any obligation whatsoever to offer the war spoils or was obeying any laid down principle...!
If U think am wrong,prove that tithe is an eternal principle that was practiced before Abraham met Melchizedek!!
Then i assure U that i will the first to acknowledge that tithe indeed came before the law!

Perishable things were not accepted . Unclean animals were not accepted . They gave money value as tithes . Secondly , they tithed on gains .

Luke 18:12 (KJV)
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’
Based on the requirements to tithe,such illustration falls short of the tithe required....
The scripture u presented was an parable of a gullible man who tithed from his possession....which according to the law of moses is wrong!
Even Jesus knew that U only tithe from farm produce..
Matthew 23:23a
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin.
Jesus knew that tithe according to the law was on farm produce and cattle herds.....
He only used the parable to expose the folly and ignorance of a gullible man who wanted to show he was more righteous than the tax collector...!
The law of moses on tithe was clear...from crops and cattle herds...money was used when the distance to the place God has prepared was far way..Deuteronomy 14:22-29

That's only a second tithe that is shared . They had 3 kinds of tithes which I posted in my previous posts
Thats Good so in other words,U also recognize that one of the tithes must be eaten by the tither abi?

That's scripture .if you can't listen to the principle there . What more can I say
I asked u a simple question....check the question and come back with a YES or NO response...Thanks!

We give to God several ways . By free will, tithes ,offering ,alms , or to brethren and man of God. Or special projects But one kind of giving doesn't replace the other
When are U going to realize that tithe can never free-will...
U don't give what is required....Its paid...Its an obligation....U don't have an option..and its contained in the law!
Can U freely give Ur school fees?
Please show me in any scripture in the bible where TITHE was FREELY GIVEN without any condition or requirement attached to it!!
And once again..No..giving to a minister or special projects or alms or free-will are based on one's own volition...As U have been led by ur generous heart....
Every believer must imbibe the "gift of giving"...It doesn't matter who or for what purpose but it must be based on a decided heart and a generous spirit 2 Corinthians 9:7

Scripture
2 Corinthians 8
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
1 timothy 6:18:19
Acts 4:32-35
1 Chronicles 29:14 (KJV)
14 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.
As much as i understand this scripture U quoted,Don't U think a clearer and better illustration should be extracted from the letters to the churches by Paul since they were the early Christians?

Scriptures pls not your church teaching . All the scripture given says otherwise. It's of faith to have expectation.

[quote] Luke 6:38 (KJV)
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure. . .

2 Corinthians 9:6 (NLT)
6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
2 Corinthians 9:6 which U quoted explains it well....
Generous-liberal in giving or sharing, willing to give money, help, kindness,especially more than is usual or expected
The next verse confirms my theory about giving....2 cor 9:7
True giving is based on LOVE....God first demonstrated that Love in Giving...
For God so LOVED the World That he GAVE his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him will no perish but have everlasting life John 3:16
The motive behind GIVING is important...Expectation is secondary!

Let's leave it there then. Maybe another day
I will keep insisting that there is no "unmerited favor" in tithing...
Even the Malachi U quoted says nothing about "grace in tithing"
It is an obligation and a requirement....

A curse is simply the absence of a blessing. Same parallel . Give bountiful ,receive bountifully ,give sparingly receive sparingly. Give receive. Etc
The curse of not tithing in Malachi 3 proves my argument....Its an obligation...
U don't tithe bountifully,Or sparingly
Tithe is a Tithe...based on the law of Moses,it was a requirement and a must for the people of Israel
And just like other laws of Moses,its a must and those under it were obligated...failure to do so attracted a punishment or curse..Simple!

Never speak for another man
Its there in the bible...Can U honestly say that U eat Ur tithes?
If U tithe and don't go by its instructions in the bible,then whats the essence of tithing in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 12:28am On Feb 04, 2017
Well said bro" keep this up and hopefully one tither may believe we were never part of the old Jewish Mosaic Laws.
It only takes one ex-tither to turn a nation of tithers around, slowly but surely all we can do-is keeping on spreading the truth about Christ, our tither brothers and sisters need saving just as Christ saved us from Satan's greatest deception.
Well done.
Tithers need to find it written in the bible where Jesus said we can't serve two masters-we will hate the one and love the other-or we will be devoted to the one and despise the other. God and Mammon.
plainbibletruth:
TODAY'S TITHER

1. Today’s tithing as pushed by TITHERS AND CHURCHES is fraudulent and mischievous.
5. Changing WHAT, WHERE & WHO to pay tithe to by today’s churches means TWISTING the word of God for selfish gain.
6. None of those who push tithing can show that the Apostles practiced it nor the early church generations that followed them.
7. When they are cornered by explanation of Malachi passage they resort to “Kingdom Principles” or “Eternal Principles” – phrases they cannot explain.
8. Today’s tithers claim to be under the New Covenant yet they REFUSE to follow anything in the BLUEPRINT for the New Covenant – the epistles which actually explains what the SHADOW of the Old Covenant represented.
9. Instead they ‘copy and paste’ from here and there to soothe their consciences, even where it is against God’s clear mandate. As long as they like it or they think they are getting ‘results’ they justify their position.
11. Under the New Covenant EVERY CHRISTIAN is a priest (1 Peter 2: 5, 9) PASTORS only hold different position BECAUSE of their SPIRITUAL GIFTS. Therefore even if – and that’s a big ‘if’ for that matter – tithing were to be applied to the church, all PRIESTS should be partakers of it.
12. Tithers of today have CLOSED their eyes to how the church gave and administered what believers gave as stated in the Bible. NONE of them follow their example, NONE. How come?

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 1:12am On Feb 04, 2017
petra1:
Jealous? Wetin consign" you. Freedom of association. You get your buddies don't you?
Have I now

petra1:
FA far far fa FOUL!. It's carnal of you to think that way
I'll tell you what is carnal.
Any believer practising tithing is carnal
On top of carnal, such believer carrying on tithing is sinful, as has missed the mark

petra1:
Tithes is one of the least givings
It might be one of the least
but it is regularly giving and eagerly sought after

petra1:
I'm serious. 10% May look big in your eyes but for givers it's the least. Some of us even give more than the 10% as tithes. Because it just looks so small
You're getting carried away with self conceit
If not for Jacob, God is not and was never into the measly 10% fraction anyway

petra1:
I personally reverted back to 10% since it's what God demanded
Thats like going back to one's vomit.
Why anyway, would God, except if an Israelite, demand tithe from you or anyone else?

petra1:
I can channel money to other projects. The free will giving is far higher than tithes. People give lands and cars. People give millions for Gods work.
The lands and cars or people giving millions arent as regular as tithe-money giving though are they?

petra1:
What is common 10%?
The pennies makes the pounds, the kobos makes the nairas.
Lets cut to the chase, what you've just called ''common 10%'' is what you previously said is needed for paying the utility bills, salaries etcetera

petra1:
Didn't you hear how people bought plane for their pastor? How much tithe will buy that.
C'mon, it's the tithe money that is maintaining the plane, paying for the hangar etcetera
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 1:13am On Feb 04, 2017
brocab:
If you are going to preach to me at least let us correct the word,
Hmm It shows you didn't understand my quote I wrote to openmine, it wasn't actually about a tithe
If it wasn't actually about a tithe,
why then did you bother use the t-word
I wasnt preaching to you, I was for the benefit of all reading, just ''weeding out'' you using tithe for the donation the poor widow made

brocab:
-if you understood it clearly-you would have read "all" which of course isn't a tithe, but that doesn't matter
Beware of tithe marketeers the Scribes
38And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
39And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
40Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

The Poor Widow
41And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living

- Mark 12:38-44 KJV

If you REALLY did understand the widow narration clearly, you would have known that the widow narration actually started from Mark 12:38-40 with Mark 12:40 being the heart of the narration before continuing on to Mark 12:41-44

Now the question, you want to ask yourself, is this:
#1 Where from, do you suppose the widow learned to drop ALL her money into the treasury box?
#2 Who would you suspect has been teaching the widow to drop ALL her money into the treasury box?
#3 Do you see a pattern how it is done then and how it's done now?

brocab:
Do I answer this, or do I not?
I am happy you understand the difference between tithing and giving..

You want to show big momma how to suck eggs

brocab:
{Mark 12:41-44} Jesus made a point by saying, the rich gave into the treasury out from their wealth-while the little old lady gave out from her poverty, she gave "all" she had to live on.
Jesus made another point by saying, this poor widow has put in more, then all those, who have given into the treasury
Jesus was not teaching about dropping ALL into a collection box
but was making an observational statement where he expressed an opinion or belief to the effect that quality and not quantity mattered
According to Jesus, the widow's mite might be too small in quantity, it however, is big in quality

brocab:
MuffleyLaff you need to understand giving "all" isn't just giving a small donation
Where in regards to the widow's donation have I used ''small'' ?
brocab, you need to understand you are copying the tithe-marketeers' tithing special modus operandi
Tithe-marketeers build a doctrine on tithing by quoting scriptures out of context,
and you too, now are trying to build a doctrine on ''all'' based on the widow narrative
so then, have you started handing in ''all' your money yet
if not yet, when are you going to start handing in your ''all''?

brocab:
Jesus said the rich gave from their wealth-notice Jesus didn't say the rich gave "all" of their wealth-this is, what is, called a donation
Donation noun: donation; plural noun: donations
- something that is given to a charity, a cause etcetera, especially a sum of money
Need I write more

brocab:
Notice it was the little old lady who was remembered of her good deed, and God loves a cheerful giver
Exactly God loves a cheerful giver, the old lady decided in her heart how much she will drop into the treasury box, and so cheerfully and without any regrets donated her widow's mite

brocab:
Abraham tithed to the high priest once only because it was a custom to do so-and he gave "all" what was left to the kings from the spoils of war that didn't belonged to him. Abraham's tithing career had finished once and for "all"
Please the

brocab:
{2 Corinthians 9:7} Let each one do just as he had resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsions because God loves a cheerful giver.
Which of course cheerful given has nothing to do with today's % tithing
And Jehoash said to the priests,
All the money of the dedicated things that is brought into the house of the LORD,
even the money of every one that passeth the account, the money that every man is set at,
and all the money that cometh into any man's heart to bring into the house of the LORD

- 2 Kings 12:4 KJV

2 Corinthians 9:7 is a rehash of 2 Kings 12:4
As a matter of truth, 2 Corinthians 9:7 is a 2 Kings 12:4 rebirth

brocab:
And good on petra1, but he is still trying to prove the tithing lie still exist otherwise
At the moment, he has no choice
as you seriously arent expecting him to go against the CE flow on tithing

brocab:
He still believes he is under the law of Moses "Mosaic law system"
So lets pray he will ask the Lord and the Spirit of God will fill his heart with all truth
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death
- Romans 8:2

If so, then that will be like a case of someone airborne in a plane believing he/she is under the law of gravity
and not realising the law of aerodynamics hath made him/her free from the law of gravity

brocab:
And with of the other things you have written, its not to late to get of the drugs. JW...
and what is the meaning of this your cryptic or coded sentence which you and only you understands
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 1:18am On Feb 04, 2017
plainbibletruth:

The book of Hebrews compares Jesus and Melchizedek.

Melchizedek was called a priest of the Most High God. Like Melchizedek, Jesus is a priest of the Most High God.

Melchizedek was a King-Priest. He simultaneously occupied both position. In that regard Jesus was a priest more like Melchizedek than like Aaron.

Obviously a King-Priest priesthood is superior to an ordinary priesthood.

Jesus Christ King-Priest priesthood was instituted by God himself and has been set up to last forever.

If Abraham, from whom the Aaronic priesthood eventually came, was blessed by and gave to a greater person – the King-Priest, that KIND of priesthood which Jesus Christ holds, then the Aaronic priesthood is inferior to the type Jesus Christ holds.

If perfection was found in the Aaronic/Levitical Priesthood, there would have been no need for a Priest to appear after the order of Melchizedek (King-Priest pattern) rather than after the order of Aaron.

The focus of the writer then is, “For you Hebrews who believe in Jesus Christ, you are no longer under the ceremonial aspects of the Law. You do not offer animal sacrifices anymore; you do not pay tithes to the Aaronic priesthood anymore. Because there was a change in the priesthood, there is also a change of law which accompanies it.”

A standing ovation to you!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:56am On Feb 04, 2017
plainbibletruth:
TODAY'S TITHER

You write and behave like trustman grin grin grin

Pointless and redundant. I can as well say, Hello Trustman wink
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Feb 04, 2017
Goshen360:

A standing ovation to you!

Coming from a man who said

1. Melchizedek is dead
2. Was born of parents just that it wasn't recorded.
3.etc

grin grin

#WehdoneSir
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2017
LambanoPeace:

Hello sir.

Thanks

Here.. Let me help you, I see he's trying to con you of the truth. I wrote this almost 4 years ago... I was actually schooling Zikkyy (who sadly didn't learn)

Zikkyy:

No he is not. The few similarities are actually due to perception. Christ cannot be functioning under the priesthood of a man.

Let me school you a bit

It begins with a quick summary of the story in Genesis
14:
"This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything" ( Heb. 7:1-2 ).

First, the unusual name is explained. The Hebrew word melek means king, and tsedek means righteousness, so his name is explained as meaning "king of righteousness."
And since shalom means peace, he was also the "king of peace" (v. 2).
These titles are significant because Melchizedek prefigures Jesus Christ. Then we are told that Melchizedek was "without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever" (v. 3).

However, Melchizedek had no parents that are mentioned in Scripture. His position as priest did not depend on his parents or his genealogy (unlike the Levitical priests). His priesthood was a different kind, a different order. Similarly, Scripture says nothing about his birth or death (unlike the patriarchs, who are carefully chronicled). He did not create a dynasty of priests, each dying and passing the priesthood to a son.

Now from the above we can see that the Levite's priesthood aint same as Melchizedek's. But the bible said he had no Parents..how then did you conclude he was a man? Bible also said he like the Son of God will be a priest forever! Hence making tithing a eternal principle.

To go further

We might say today that he came out of nowhere, and then disappeared. Nevertheless, he remains known as a priest even today. "He remains a priest forever ... is declared to be living" v 3 & 8. (A similar thought may be in Luke 20:37-38 —the patriarchs are among "the living."wink This mysterious Melchizedek is the prototype of Jesus Christ.

Psalm 110 predicted that the Lord would be a priest in the same way: not according to genealogy, but by special appointment. This order of priests was significant in several ways:

1) it was more important than the Levitical priesthood,
2) it implied that the Levitical priesthood was temporary and
3) the new order was permanent. Greater than Levi

Although little is known about Melchizedek, we can discern that he was very important. Abraham gave him 10 percent of the spoils of war (v. 4 of Heb 7). The old covenant required the Israelites to give 10 percent to the Levites, but Abraham gave 10 percent to Melchizedek even though Melchizedek was not a Levite (vs. 5-6).

Heb 7v5-6 AMP
5  And it is true that those descendants of Levi who are charged with the priestly office are commanded in the Law to take tithes from the people--which means, from their brethren--though these have descended from Abraham. 6  But this person (melchizedek) who has not their Levitical ancestry received tithes from Abraham [himself] and blessed him who possessed the promises [of God].

The man was getting priestly honors before Levi was even born.From this, I constructs a hypothetical argument: "One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor" (vs. 9-10).

We all know that Levi didn't actually pay tithes to Melchizedek, but in a figure of speech he did. The point is that Abraham is greater than Levi, since Abraham is Levi's ancestor, and Melchizedek is greater than Abraham, since Abraham paid tithes to him, so Melchizedek is greater than Levi.

Verses 6-7 emphasize Melchizedek's greatness: He not only received a tithe, he also blessed Abraham.

"And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater." NIV

Abraham is the lesser person—but the real point of comparison being made is with Levi. Since Melchizedek is greater than Abraham, he is also greater than Levi, and—most important for the book of Hebrews—his priesthood is more important than the Levitical priesthood. The Levitical priests die, but Jesus has been made a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek, a priesthood that is more important for
our salvation.
Now let's see how a new priesthood implies a new law

Now I observe that "if perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?" (v.11). I await your answer o!

Note in the middle of verse 11 that the law was given on the basis of the priesthood. The law was designed with the Levitical priesthood in mind—the law and the
priesthood went together. But neither the law nor the priests could bring people to perfection. That is why
Psalm 110 spoke of another priesthood.

The descendants of Aaron would be replaced by a better priesthood, a better priest—and that has enormous consequences:

"For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law" (v. 12).

Q: What law was changed?
A: The law that said only
Levites could be priests.

Q: Which law said that?
A: The old
covenant.

Q: Do we follow the new Priest?
A: Yes

Q: of which order is he?
A: Melchizedek

Q: Did the order of Melchizedek receive tithe and blessed?
A: yes

Q: Why then do people say malachi 3v8 was written to the those under the levitical priesthood even tho the speaker talked about blessing u after u bring the tithes?
A:

Q: did levital priests bless the tithers?
A:

But first, let me make certain basic facts clear.

"He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar" (v. 13).

We are speaking about Jesus, of
whom it is said that he is a priest after the order of
Melchizedek—but Jesus was not a Levite. He belonged
to the tribe of Judah, and no one from that tribe was
ever a priest, and Moses did not authorize anyone from
Judah to be a priest (v. 14).

"And what we have said"—that is, that the law has been
changed—"is even more clear if another priest like
Melchizedek
appears, one who has become a priest not
on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the
basis of the power of an indestructible life" (vs. 15-16).

Jesus was appointed as priest not by a law that focused on genealogy, but because he lives forever at God's right hand. From this fact alone, we can see that the
Law of Moses is no longer in force (levitical priesthood and their law of tithing).

"The former regulation is set aside because it was weak
and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a
better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to
God" (vs. 18-19).

Why then Melchizedek? Why do we tithe in the faith of Abraham to (the order of) Mechizedek?

Because his priesthood continues forever
Because Jesus is of same priesthood
Because Jesus and Melchizedek are priests with no genealogy
Because Melchizedek is not a levite whose priesthood were truncated
Because though Levi was from Abraham's loin folks still thought he paid to Mechizedek (Heb 7v9-10 AMP), hence reference was still made to Melchizedek, Why? Cos he has no roots, no genealogy, he was immortal

Don't come here and lie that he was a man!

https://www.nairaland.com/1456343/tithes-offerings-eternal-principles/16#18543280

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 319
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.