Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96429 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2017
Zikkyy2:

He is not dead in the mind of the Jew's because it's not recorded anywhere that he died. If he is alive, have you considered the implication? It means two high priests are currently in office (at the same time). Christ and Melchizedek. Is that possible?

Not exactly.

But you said he's a man... Do you still maintain that, even as the Bible said he has no successors?

Mind of the Jews? You're still using "if he's alive"?

Mechizedek is a priest... Jesus is a High priest. Both of same order of priesthood.

Big difference.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 05, 2017
Gombs:

It's a no brainer na... If it is said Levi paid tithes to Melchizedek via Abraham... Why ask about Isaac and Jacob?

Please what do you base your tithing on ... i mean which scripture

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
But have you noticed the tithers are looking for an a escape goat to pay tithes, but no-one paid a tithe to Jesus.
And Jesus is the above priest of them all.
Zikkyy2:

I think Petra1 should also provide the name of the priest that received Isaac's and Jacob tithe.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
Please explain how do you connect Melchizedek and Jesus to be one? Melchizedek received one tithe from Abraham, while Jesus receive none?
Matter of fact Jesus was against Customs and taxes, Melchizedek wasn't.
And God never changes.
plainbibletruth:

The book of Hebrews compares Jesus and Melchizedek.

Melchizedek was called a priest of the Most High God. Like Melchizedek, Jesus is a priest of the Most High God.

Melchizedek was a King-Priest. He simultaneously occupied both position. In that regard Jesus was a priest more like Melchizedek than like Aaron.

Obviously a King-Priest priesthood is superior to an ordinary priesthood.

Jesus Christ King-Priest priesthood was instituted by God himself and has been set up to last forever.

If Abraham, from whom the Aaronic priesthood eventually came, was blessed by and gave to a greater person – the King-Priest, that KIND of priesthood which Jesus Christ holds, then the Aaronic priesthood is inferior to the type Jesus Christ holds.

If perfection was found in the Aaronic/Levitical Priesthood, there would have been no need for a Priest to appear after the order of Melchizedek (King-Priest pattern) rather than after the order of Aaron.

The focus of the writer then is, “For you Hebrews who believe in Jesus Christ, you are no longer under the ceremonial aspects of the Law. You do not offer animal sacrifices anymore; you do not pay tithes to the Aaronic priesthood anymore. Because there was a change in the priesthood, there is also a change of law which accompanies it.”
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
Don't you know bro-their tithing message is not scriptural.
Junia:

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
brocab:
Please explain how do you connect Melchizedek and Jesus to be one? Melchizedek received one tithe from Abraham, while Jesus receive none?
Matter of fact Jesus was against Customs and taxes, Melchizedek wasn't.
And God never changes.

Kindly make your question clearer for me.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
plainbibletruth:
You seem to look for ways to belittle others and divert attention from main issues at hand.
Yet you'd be the one to be quick at calling others 'carnal', blame them for slander, wonder if they are sane, even when you do the very same things
When things aren't going their way on this thread, there have been quite a few "throwing one's toys out of the pram" and threats to ''spit out dummies''

Gombs:
Not every one is like you na
Why should anyone be like me? What are you like

Gombs:
Quit such petty slander on people
plainbibletruth, see it here, he is just done it again (i.e. used the slander word)

Two logged-in users A and B, with no Guests, were on a thread, reading posts
Logged in user B had a particular post with no ''likes'' registered on it
Still with no Guests viewing the thread, user B logged out
User C, now logged in to the thread, and joined logged in user A still reading without any Guests
Soon after without any Guests reading the thread, a ''like'' pops registered on this User's B particular post
Now if, without anyone else logged in but only User A and User C logged in
and there is a ''like'' registered on this particular post with only User A and User C viewing the thread
If using process of elimination, and User A didnt register the ''like'' on this particular post, then who else is left to have registered the ''like'' on the particular post?

Dont people have scruples anymore, someone is caught with the hand in the cookie jar
and here you are blindly jumping to their defence and calling it petty. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
petra1:
If I need likes. I can get over 50 likes for every post. Truth is not by the number of people cheering you on
At the least it was the joagbaje ID, if it wasnt you personally who registered a ''like'' to that post
Make sure you select ''Logout (All)'', next time, any of your internet devices are not being attended to by you

Gombs:
Abi o... More than 50 likes sef....
Who ''likes'' epp sef. Nobaga
Which means, no one is bothered about ''likes'' on posts
The ''like'' on the particular post is a non-issue.

The issue was about the manner and how the ''like'' was registered on the post,
it was ''liked'' to give that particular post an unfair advantage
and done out of the need for acceptance and validation to Petra1's post saying:
''Tithe on your business. I have a multimedia outfit. The company tithes.
And when get my pay still I personally give my own tithe apart from the company tithe
''

petra1:
I'm sure the admin can verify that. Pls let it be investigated

Gombs:
I support your claims of him asking the admin to verify.
One can't just lie against someone and still put up a defense
The weight of the evidence is overwhemingly stacked against the joagbaje ID
It would have gone unnoticed if I wasnt present on the thread, reading posts
The joagbaje ID is culpable because if the only other logged in muttleylaff ID didnt register the ''like'', then the joagbaje ID must have

The fact and truth is that this particular post had the, so far one and only ''like'' registered on it using the joagbaje ID

Anyway, reiterating, next time, sign out of any Nairaland account using ''Logout (All)'' feature
this will prevent people from using the ID to perform unauthorised actions on all unattended internet devices
brocab:
Thanks for your teaching for today's message?
''Weeding out'' is not teaching brother

I am not teaching and I was not teaching
What I did was to separate out or remove the ''unrequired'' in that your post
and/or pointed out that you're copying the tithe-marketeers' style of building a doctrine on tithing by quoting scriptures out of context.
This is by you unnecessarily trying to build a doctrine on ''all'' based on the Scribe-Widow narrative

Please indulge me, as I have a question for you below, at the "second-to-last'' section of this post, that requires a honest response from you

If you're about to blindly cross a traffic moving busy road and you stopped after your attention was drawn to see that the traffic light green is on
Would you say you've just been taught something or you will say something was pointed out to you?

brocab:
But I already understood the message about the old ladies story, it isn't about money, its about our faith-and how much faith are we giving to God-she gave all she had-and the rich gave as they walked past the treasury, Jesus pointed this out-are we to follow the lady's league, or do we give less of our time to seek after God's treasury, which is the word of God.
You understood the message, depending on what you're paying attention to in that Scribe-Widow narrative.
Did you not see the lack of fairness to the widow in the narrative?
Did you not see the exploitation of a poor widow in the narrative?
Was your attention not drawn to the fact that a poor widow was taken advantage of in the narrative?
Did you not see an example sucking dry, an exact of what Jesus mentioned just a few verses, earlier in Mark 12:40, about widows' houses being devoured by scribes, happen in Mark 12:42 & Mark 12:44 in the narrative?

You're right, it isnt about money
but you're not right that: ''it's about our faith-and how much faith are we giving to God...''
You also are not right about: ''Jesus pointed this out-are we to follow the lady's league or do we give less of our time to seek after God's treasury, which is the word of God.''

The truth of the matter is that, the Scribe- Widow narrative had nothing to do with faith, nothing to do with money
Nothing to do with following the lady's league
Nothing to do with giving less of our time to seek after God's treasury
It REALLY was about the scribes or teachers of the law and injustice

It is a scathing attack on the scribes or teachers of the law, about their lifestyles and their disregard for justice and the love of God

Think about it,
if the scribes or teachers of the law loved God or cared, do you think the poor widow, who is living on the breadline, would have been allowed to drop her ''all'' into the treasury box?

And one of the Scribes answered and he said to him,
“Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also.”

- Luke 11:45

but then like on this thread, do tithe-marketeers the scribes care
No, just like in Luke 11:45 above, and especially on tithe threads such as this, all they care about, is whining over not to be insulted. SMH

Notice in the Scribe-Widow narrative that , Jesus in that teaching, started with:
''Beware of the scribes (i.e. one learned in the Jewish Law, a religious teacher) ....''

The reason behind the Scribe-Widow narrative was about the scribes
(i.e. Jesus was critising the scribes or teachers of the law and warning the people of them)

Jesus in the Scribe-Widow narrative was in the temple courts, sitting opposite the treasury-box, teaching
In His teaching, He warned the listeners about the tithe-marketeers scribes,

He went on further, to tell the listeners how the tithe-marketeers scribes operate
He listed a few of their excesses and mentioned the scribes lack of compassion

Later on, whilst watching people dropping money off, into the treasury-box, lo and behold, He spotted a tithe-marketeer scribe victim
He promptly, not to the earlier listeners but ONLY to His disciples, brought this discovery to their attention, saying:
43Jesus called His disciples to Him and said,
“Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury.
44For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.”

- Mark 12:43-44

Modern day scribes are today's tithe givers, who go about congratulating self over tithing
Modern day Pharisees, are today's religious leaders who weigh people down with heavy financial burdens,
but themselves will not lift a finger to lighten people's load, especially in cases when people cant pay bills from losing their jobs
when their kids cant afford to attend the universities built out of their parents tithe giving etcetera

The Scribe-Widow narrative is reminiscent of today's religious leaders with tithe-marketeer hats on and the sheepified
Everything in that narrative continues on, in today's and present day religious gatherings
where you'll find poor widows and others giving their ''all'', living in abject poverty,
whilst the religious leaders are heavily body-guarded, live ostentatious & flamboyant lifestyles in palatial houses etcetera

All these religious leaders with or and their tithe marketeers, according to Mark 12:40, will receive harsher punishment
(i.e. they will be punished most severely)

brocab:
And if you understood my tithing comment in the first place, "all" does not mean tithe
I did understand, that is why I weeded out tithe in that comment you made
Besides, the ''all'' in Mark 12:44 was not meant to be taken as a command, not as a recommendation nor used as a doctrine to base any kind of giving on, whether ''all' or not
Mark 12:44 is an observational statement made based after something Jesus saw happen

brocab:
And of course I was only having a crack at the tithers, and if you had read my comment from top to bottom you would have seen that
I read it and know you were having a crack at the tither and tithe marketeers

brocab:
But of course you didn't.
Trust me, of course I did.
brocab, listen up, because here is the question I earlier said I have for:
Do you realise, agree and accept that ''all'', just like tithing, is of the law of death and sin?

brocab:
So thank you teacher and may God bless you with His abundance in word and in truth
Am I sensing a veiled or tinged sarcasm here in your closing remark

You cant expose the truth in the Religion forum without being ridiculed to be a teacher
You must have been wearing some serious blinders here, if you, for a second, thought that I am teaching or was teaching
besides you ought to know by now, that I am not that self conceited to come out saying, I schooled anyone, was schooling anyone or I am schooling anyone
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
Again you aren't understanding me, if a tither is to tithe-I said give "all" how Abraham and the old lady gave-meaning their is no % on their given.
MuttleyLaff:
''Weeding out'' is not teaching brother

I am not teaching and I was not teaching
What I did was to separate out or remove the ''unrequired'' in that your post
and/or pointed out that you're copying the tithe-marketeers' style of building a doctrine on tithing by quoting scriptures out of context.
This is by you unnecessarily trying to build a doctrine on ''all'' based on the Scribe-Widow narrative

Please indulge me, as I have a question for you below, at the "second-to-last'' section of this post, that requires a honest response from you

If you're about to blindly cross a traffic moving busy road and you stopped after your attention was drawn to see that the traffic light green is on
Would you say you've just been taught something or you will say something was pointed out to you?

You understood the message, depending on what you're paying attention to in that Scribe-Widow narrative.
Did you not see the lack of fairness to the widow in the narrative?
Did you not see the exploitation of a poor widow in the narrative?
Was your attention not drawn to the fact that a poor widow was taken advantage of in the narrative?
Did you not see an example sucking dry, an exact of what Jesus mentioned just a few verses, earlier in Mark 12:40, about widows' houses being devoured by scribes, happen in Mark 12:42 & Mark 12:44 in the narrative?

You're right, it isnt about money
but you're not right that: ''it's about our faith-and how much faith are we giving to God...''
You also are not right about: ''Jesus pointed this out-are we to follow the lady's league or do we give less of our time to seek after God's treasury, which is the word of God.''

The truth of the matter is that, the Scribe- Widow narrative had nothing to do with faith, nothing to do with money
Nothing to do with following the lady's league
Nothing to do with giving less of our time to seek after God's treasury
It REALLY was about the scribes or teachers of the law and injustice

It is a scathing attack on the scribes or teachers of the law, about their lifestyles and their disregard for justice and the love of God

Think about it,
if the scribes or teachers of the law loved God or cared, do you think the poor widow, who is living on the breadline, would have been allowed to drop her ''all'' into the treasury box?

And one of the Scribes answered and he said to him,
“Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also.”

- Luke 11:45

but then like on this thread, do tithe-marketeers the scribes care
No, just like in Luke 11:45 above, and especially on tithe threads such as this, all they care about, is whining over not to be insulted. SMH

Notice in the Scribe-Widow narrative that , Jesus in that teaching, started with:
''Beware of the scribes (i.e. one learned in the Jewish Law, a religious teacher) ....''

The reason behind the Scribe-Widow narrative was about the scribes
(i.e. Jesus was critising the scribes or teachers of the law and warning the people of them)

Jesus in the Scribe-Widow narrative was in the temple courts, sitting opposite the treasury-box, teaching
In His teaching, He warned the listeners about the tithe-marketeers scribes,

He went on further, to tell the listeners how the tithe-marketeers scribes operate
He listed a few of their excesses and mentioned the scribes lack of compassion

Later on, whilst watching people dropping money off, into the treasury-box, lo and behold, He spotted a tithe-marketeer scribe victim
He promptly, not to the earlier listeners but ONLY to His disciples, brought this discovery to their attention, saying:
43Jesus called His disciples to Him and said,
“Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury.
44For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.”

- Mark 12:43-44

Modern day scribes are today's tithe givers, who go about congratulating self over tithing
Modern day Pharisees, are today's religious leaders who weigh people down with heavy financial burdens,
but themselves will not lift a finger to lighten people's load, especially in cases when people cant pay bills from losing their jobs
when their kids cant afford to attend the universities built out of their parents tithe giving etcetera

The Scribe-Widow narrative is reminiscent of today's religious leaders with tithe-marketeer hats on and the sheepified
Everything in that narrative continues on, in today's and present day religious gatherings
where you'll find poor widows and others giving their ''all'', living in abject poverty,
whilst the religious leaders are heavily body-guarded, live ostentatious & flamboyant lifestyles in palatial houses etcetera

All these religious leaders with or and their tithe marketeers, according to Mark 12:40, will receive harsher punishment
(i.e. they will be punished most severely)

I did understand, that is why I weeded out tithe in that comment you made
Besides, the ''all'' in Mark 12:44 was not meant to be taken as a command, not as a recommendation nor used as a doctrine to base any kind of giving on, whether ''all' or not
Mark 12:44 is an observational statement made based after something Jesus saw happen

I read it and know you were having a crack at the tither and tithe marketeers

Trust me, of course I did.
brocab, listen up, because here is the question I earlier said I have for:
Do you realise, agree and accept that ''all'', just like tithing, is of the law of death and sin?

Am I sensing a veiled or tinged sarcasm here in your closing remark

You cant expose the truth in the Religion forum without being ridiculed to be a teacher
You must have been wearing some serious blinders here, if you, for a second, thought that I am teaching or was teaching
besides you ought to know by now, that I am not that self conceited to come out saying, I schooled anyone, was schooling anyone or I am schooling anyone
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
brocab:
If you didn't understand my last page
Kindly make your ''last page'' clearer for me then
whilst at it, follow the norm and standards for posting every like every other poster adheres to

brocab:
-Listen bro you aren't teaching me nothing - the hole bible is all about Faith
-but if you trying to call it something else I am not following you. Teacher...
For the umpteenth time, I am not teaching and I aint your teacher
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
brocab:
Again you aren't understanding me,
if a tither is to tithe
-I said give "all" how Abraham and the old lady gave
-meaning their is no % on their given
Thank you for editing your post to make it clearer
but if you say: Give "all" like how Abraham and the old lady gave
then that would mean Abraham and the old lady gave 100%
and not mean they didnt put a percentage on their giving

Besides, Abraham's 100% giving was done on spoils he forcibly took from other people
The poor widow's 100% giving, though commended in relation to the other people watched giving, actually wasnt fair because she was taken advantage of

Now re-echoing your last message, you are right there is no percentage on giving for believers
All God requires, is a cheerful giving that you decide in your heart without being forced or coerced to give
As a matter of fact, it is any amount that you're comfortable with
and in accordance to the level of grace you've received,
only that there is a caveat that whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 12:06am On Feb 06, 2017
Firstly This story of the widow's mite can actually teach us something, God see's what man over looks, the big gifts in the temple were surely notice by the people, that is probably what the disciples were watching.
But Jesus saw what no-one else did, He saw the humble gift of a poor widow, that was a gift Jesus thought worthy to comment, this was the gift the disciples needed to be aware of.
The other gifts in the treasury that day made a lot of noise as they jingled into the receptacles, but the widows mites was heard in heaven.

Second God's evaluation is different from mans, the widow's two mites added up to a penny, according to man's tabulation.
But Jesus said that she had given more then anyone else that day {Mark 12;43} One must ask how can this be, when many rich people through in large amounts {Mark 12:41}?
The differences is one of proportion. The rich were giving large sums, but they still retrained their fortunes, the widow put in everything-all she had to live on {Mark 12:42} Hers was a true sacrifice, the rich had not began to give to the level of her sacrifice.

Thirdly God commends giving in faith" here was a woman of receiving charity, yet she had a heart to give. Even though the amount was negligible-what could a widow's mite buy? She gave it in Faith that God could use it. The widow's faith is also evident in the fact that she gave the last of her money.
Like the widow of Zarephath who gave her last meal to Elijah {1 kings 17:7-16} the widow in the temple gave away her last means of self support. {Does that mean the widow left the temple completely destitute, went home and died for starvation?} "No" The bible teachers us that God provides for our needs {Matthew 6:25-34}
God provides for the widow in Elijah's day and also in Jesus's day.
Yes and just before Jesus commented on the widow's mite, he commented on the scribes who devour widow's houses {Mark 12:40} The religious official's of the day, instead of helping the widows in need, were perfectly content to rob them of their livelihood and of their inheritance. {This is the same today with the tithers greed} And again God loves a cheerful giver {2 Corinthians 9:7} And God is faithful to take care of His own..

Well if you aren't trying to teach me than why the long pages of report? How you see things-and how I see things-your corrections is teaching. I am not looking for another teacher-I have a teacher man couldn't buy.
If you don't see the story's about faith-then we aren't reading the same bible, the bible is all about faith. We live by faith. [/color]
It doesn't matter how small or how large either you give all you don't, God loves a cheerful giver, and this story of the Old lady, isn't about the money-this is about her faith, she gave, because she believed..God see's our faith, Jesus pray's for our faith now, like He did back then..
And without faith we wouldn't be having this conversation.
MuttleyLaff:
whilst at it, follow the norm and standards for posting every like other poster adheres to

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 12:28am On Feb 06, 2017
brocab:
Firstly This story of the widow's mite can actually teach us something, God see's what man over looks, the big gifts in the temple were surely notice by the people, that is probably what the disciples were watching.
But Jesus saw what no-one else did, He saw the humble gift of a poor widow, that was a gift Jesus thought worthy to comment, this was the gift the disciples needed to be aware of.
The other gifts in the treasury that day made a lot of noise as they jingled into the receptacles, but the widows mites was heard in heaven.

Second God's evaluation is different from mans, the widow's two mites added up to a penny, according to man's tabulation.
But Jesus said that she had given more then anyone else that day {Mark 12;43} One must ask how can this be, when many rich people through in large amounts {Mark 12:41}?
The differences is one of proportion. The rich were giving large sums, but they still retrained their fortunes, the widow put in everything-all she had to live on {Mark 12:42} Hers was a true sacrifice, the rich had not began to give to the level of her sacrifice.

Thirdly God commends giving in faith" here was a woman of receiving charity, yet she had a heart to give. Even though the amount was negligible-what could a widow's mite buy? She gave it in Faith that God could use it. The widow's faith is also evident in the fact that she gave the last of her money.
Like the widow of Zarephath who gave her last meal to Elijah {1 kings 17:7-16} the widow in the temple gave away her last means of self support. {Does that mean the widow left the temple completely destitute, went home and died for starvation?} "No" The bible teachers us that God provides for our needs {Matthew 6:25-34}
God provides for the widow in Elijah's day and also in Jesus's day.
Yes and just before Jesus commented on the widow's mite, he commented on the scribes who devour widow's houses {Mark 12:40} The religious official's of the day, instead of helping the widows in need, were perfectly content to rob them of their livelihood and of their inheritance. {This is the same today with the tithers greed} And again God loves a cheerful giver {2 Corinthians 9:7} And God is faithful to take care of His own..

Well if you aren't trying to teach me than why the long pages of report? How you see things-and how I see things-your corrections is teaching. I am not looking for another teacher-I have a teacher man couldn't buy.
If you don't see the story's about faith-then we aren't reading the same bible, the bible is all about faith. We live by faith. [/color]
It doesn't matter how small or how large either you give all you don't, God loves a cheerful giver, and this story of the Old lady, isn't about the money-this is about her faith, she gave, because she believed..God see's our faith, Jesus pray's for our faith now, like He did back then..
And without faith we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Okay, I tried but hey I give up
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:10am On Feb 06, 2017
What are you trying to gain out from all this, if you didn't try to over power me in the first place, and listened to what I had said-you wouldn't have to feel you needed to try anything, bro already we are on the same page, we both know that tithing isn't biblical.
That bro tells me, we are both seeking after the same God.
Either you feel you are in some kind of a competition, or know the right answers, we all see the bible the way God shows us to see it. I tried to explain myself giving answers-but because you didn't see it, the way I had seen it-With my own discernment I felt you were throwing the book at me, you didn't explain yourself when you approach my page clearly.
It wasn't the teaching, but it was the demanding you threw across back at me, that completely put me of guard, and that my friend didn't agree with me at all, even after I kept on repeating I never said they gave a % "All" doesn't have a % unless one gives "All" one..
Hi my names Brocab-good to meet you MuffleyLaff.. Question MuffleyLaff is Africa your home?
MuttleyLaff:
Okay, I tried but hey I give up
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kaycpompey88: 1:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Peercycler is a Helping Community with a new and innovative concept that makes it 100% sustainable & selfless, everybody is conceded equal. The first ever platform that reward members from their own pocket rather that seeking money from members..u get bonus paid as bitcoins.....join now its still early
http://www.peercycler.com/register/Jaykay
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 1:57am On Feb 06, 2017
This is right, there isn't any % on giving, but I didn't give a % in the first place-this was your own opinion. But I will try in future to explain my pages more clearly. No problem.
And for the tithers greed, there is a %-and I have already told you I am not a tither.
Abraham gave everything that didn't belong to him, which really isn't giving, Abraham is returning.
But does anyone see this scripture, the way I see this scripture?.
I agree with you, God loves a cheerful giver, the old lady's story I see her heart bro in faith more then I see, her just giving two mites-the rich I see everyday.
We have all read the percentage story, and certain farmers and ranchers believed God to tithe their shocks and crops they supplied the needs to the levites, and in return God supplied the farmers and ranchers needs with rain and keeping the insects away.
This story had never changed..
MuttleyLaff:
Thank you for editing your post to make it clearer
but if you say: Give "all" like how Abraham and the old lady gave
then that would mean Abraham and the old lady gave 100%
and not mean they didnt put a percentage on their giving

Besides, Abraham's 100% giving was done on spoils he forcibly took from other people
The poor widow's 100% giving, though commended in relation to the other people watched giving, actually wasnt fair because she was taken advantage of

Now re-echoing your last message, you are right there is no percentage on giving for believers
All God requires, is a cheerful giving that you decide in your heart without being forced or coerced to give
As a matter of fact, it is any amount that you're comfortable with
and in accordance to the level of grace you've received,
only that there is a caveat that whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 2:08am On Feb 06, 2017
The Aeroplane method. Gain one or two people, sit back while they gain one or two more.
Every country has one.
kaycpompey88:
Peercycler is a Helping Community with a new and innovative concept that makes it 100% sustainable & selfless, everybody is conceded equal. The first ever platform that reward members from their own pocket rather that seeking money from members..u get bonus paid as bitcoins.....join now its still early
http://www.peercycler.com/register/Jaykay
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 2:30am On Feb 06, 2017
Lets try and start again-we have started off on the wrong foot.
MuttleyLaff:
whilst at it, follow the norm and standards for posting every like other poster adheres to

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 3:02am On Feb 06, 2017
brocab:
This is right, there isn't any % on giving, but I didn't give a % in the first place-this was your own opinion, you attack me on.
But I will try in future to explain my pages more clearly. No problem.
But for the tithers greed, there is a %-and I have already told you I am not a tither.
Abraham gave everything that didn't belong to him, which really isn't giving, Abraham is returning.
But does anyone see this scripture, the way I see this scripture?.
I agree with you, God loves a cheerful giver, the old lady's story I see her heart bro in faith more then I see, her just giving two mites-the rich I see everyday.
We have all read the percentage story, and certain farmers and ranchers believed God to tithe their shocks and crops they supplied the needs to the levites, and in return God supplied the farmers and ranchers needs with rain and keeping the insects away.
This story had never changed..
Didnt I say it's okay and meaning letting go
besides I didnt ''attack'' you, but like I previously said, I was weeding out different parts in your remark that do not agree together

The below in green italic, is your oxymoron remark, where you misused tithe with the lady
and at which I responded that the lady didnt in the first instance tithe
If we were to tithe like Abraham, then we need to tithe like that little old lady, Jesus talks about given two copper coins. "All"

Again, what happened to that widow, is exactly what has happened to believers that tithe
The widow was indoctrinated into giving ''all'' by the scribes,
just as believers that tithe have been indoctrinated by religious leaders and tithe-marketeers into giving money-tithe
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 3:28am On Feb 06, 2017
brocab:
Lets try and start again
- we have started off on the wrong foot.

It is not neccesary to try and start all over again

because I see the scripture, the way you see that scripture
but you dont seem to see what the scripture narrative really is all about

The way you see the scripture is plausible but what you see is not really what the scripture narrative is all about
Like I've previously said, the scripture narrative was about Jesus being in the temple courts, opposite where the treasury box is, teaching the crowd and warning them of the scribes
Telling the crowd about the scribes fake lifestyles and excesses of life
The scripture narrative also singled out the widows as examples of victims the scribes devour
It was after finishing the teaching and the crowd have dispersed,
that Jesus now by Himself was watching people go about dropping money into the treasury box
that He saw an injustice He just awhile earlier was criticising the scribes over, get being played out before His eyes
- shocking, a poor widow was allowed to drop all she had to live on into the treasury box

True, she dropped her all and rightly so her action was commended
but the truth of the matter, is that she was exploited by the system laid down by the scribes and was taking advantage off.
Not just an average or ordinary widow but a poor one for matter indoctrinated into emptying her all into the treasury box

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:24am On Feb 06, 2017
Junia:

I'd have answered you, but you lost that chance many pages back.

Maybe ask one of your comrades to ask me.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:25am On Feb 06, 2017
brocab:
Don't you know bro-their tithing message is not scriptural.

Junia... I think this settles your question.

Can I tithe in peace now?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:27am On Feb 06, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
When things aren't going their way on this thread, there have been quite a few "throwing one's toys out of the pram" and threats to ''spit out dummies''

Why should anyone be like me? What are you like

plainbibletruth, see it here, he is just done it again (i.e. used the slander word)

Two logged-in users A and B, with no Guests, were on a thread, reading posts
Logged in user B had a particular post with no ''likes'' registered on it
Still with no Guests viewing the thread, user B logged out
User C, now logged in to the thread, and joined logged in user A still reading without any Guests
Soon after without any Guests reading the thread, a ''like'' pops registered on this User's B particular post
Now if, without anyone else logged in but only User A and User C logged in
and there is a ''like'' registered on this particular post with only User A and User C viewing the thread
If using process of elimination, and User A didnt register the ''like'' on this particular post, then who else is left to have registered the ''like'' on the particular post?

Dont people have scruples anymore, someone is caught with the hand in the cookie jar
and here you are blindly jumping to their defence and calling it petty. SMH.

Can you simply ask admin to verify? All this your lying and defending it makes you loose credibility.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:31am On Feb 06, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
At the least it was the joagbaje ID, if it wasnt you personally who registered a ''like'' to that post
Make sure you select ''Logout (All)'', next time, any of your internet devices are not being attended to by you

And when get my pay still I personally give my own tithe apart from the company tithe
''

The joagbaje ID is culpable because if the only other logged in muttleylaff ID didnt register the ''like'', then the joagbaje ID must have

The fact and truth is that this particular post had the, so far one and only ''like'' registered on it using the joagbaje ID

Anyway, reiterating, next time, sign out of any Nairaland account using ''Logout (All)'' feature
this will prevent people from using the ID to perform unauthorised actions on all unattended internet devices

It's a shame you can't call Seun to verify if he has ever used his moniker to like any of his post on this thread. He is the one making you the offer o,

All these long stories aren't helping, except of course your band of nattering nabobs of anti-tithing

The above bold makes me certain that you've lost the plot a long time ago. grin grin grin grin

Weight of evidence ko, Mass of evidence ni
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 6:34am On Feb 06, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

''

Stop being childish and petty. It doesnt take a minute to enter a thread and come out .Joagbaje didnt do it,petra1 didn't do it. You just want cheap popularity . Complain to moderators or admin. Or hold thy peace forever. Real men don't talk taLk they act.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 6:39am On Feb 06, 2017
Of course you can tithe in peace-but just don't tell the world about it.
Gombs:

Junia... I think this settles your question.

Can I tithe in peace now?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:45am On Feb 06, 2017
Zikkyy2:

I think Petra1 should also provide the name of the priest that received Isaac's and Jacob tithe.

Proverbs 26:17 (KJV Strong's)
17 He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him,
is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

So Zikkyy2, só ara re o.

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:49am On Feb 06, 2017
Gombs:

It's a shame you can't call Seun to verify if he has ever used his moniker to like any of his post on this thread. He is the one making you the offer o,

The guy na suspect sef. E fit do am . That's if the story is true sef.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by brocab: 8:03am On Feb 06, 2017
It's not that I would like you to repeat your beliefs to me again, I was only trying to be nice.
Well I do see it-but not in a way you expect me to see it, we all know the story about Jesus preaching to the scribes and the Pharisees going into house holds devouring the widow's taking everything they had. We just need to read {Matthew 23} to receive the in's and out's about the Pharisees and the scribes.
To be truthful {God see's what man don't see} and Jesus happen to be there after He spoke to the Crowd wasn't a accident, He knew what He wanted to see, but the scribes, didn't need to prove it to Jesus, the problem is, is Jesus seeing what you see-or did Jesus see something completely different?
Am I reading this right-you believe The scribes made it a point to set up Jesus to watch a little old lady put in all she had. "Interesting"
If this is the case-and you believed the scribes set this up-then it's pointless to believe she put in all she had by faith?
MuttleyLaff:
It is not neccesary to try and start all over again

because I see the scripture, the way you see that scripture
but you dont seem to see what the scripture narrative really is all about

The way you see the scripture is plausible but what you see is not really what the scripture narrative is all about
Like I've previously said, the scripture narrative was about Jesus being in the temple courts, opposite where the treasury box is, teaching the crowd and warning them of the scribes
Telling the crowd about the scribes fake lifestyles and excesses of life
The scripture narrative also singled out the widows as examples of victims the scribes devour
It was after finishing the teaching and the crowd have dispersed,
that Jesus now by Himself was watching people go about dropping money into the treasury box
that He saw an injustice He just awhile earlier was criticising the scribes over, get being played out before His eyes
- shocking, a poor widow was allowed to drop all she had to live on into the treasury box

True, she dropped her all and rightly so her action was commended
but the truth of the matter, is that she was exploited by the system laid down by the scribes and was taking advantage off.
Not just an average or ordinary widow but a poor one for matter indoctrinated into emptying her all into the treasury box
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:07am On Feb 06, 2017
@Zikkyy2...I told You grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:00am On Feb 06, 2017
brocab:
Of course you can tithe in peace-but just don't tell the world about it.

Come stop me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.