Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,938 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? (43657 Views)

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
It is simple. I will obey both of them. I will get into the car and sit down. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by hedonistic: 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
chikk:
What happens to option C and even D self?

First off, as an adult, I don't think any of them should order me about. I'm not a puppet.

Option C: STAND. Yeah right, that also works. Stand and listen to find out who's right then obey that person. Both of them are important and ought to be respected but you don't expect me to sheepishly obey you.

Option D: WALK AWAY. The crazy part of me will just walk away jeje, not because I'm torn between them and don't know who to obey, but because I don't just want to obey such orders jor.

Yeah Yeah. And it's your type that would sheepishly and slavishly blurt 'yes sir yes sir' when your boss/employer barks out orders at you, even sexual orders... And then you'll go back home to do yanga for your cuckold husband and form gender equality.

You "empowered" albeit misguided Nigerian females can be quite nauseating.

5 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
TSingerr:

All this story to answer one simple question...
grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by matrix199(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Obey your head, your husband!

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Desdola(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will walk into the car and SIT DOWN
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by AngelicBeing: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

The following facts give her a strength when faced with such situation;
1) She's a wife to the man, thus got the keys to his heart
2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink
cool

2 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
I'll stand where I stood... No movement!
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by bakry86: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will simply GET IN D CAR and SIT DOWN
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by ipobbigot7: 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tyviv:
Will walk away grin
Wao, i like your wisdom. I actually wanted to insist that the lady must obey her husband but i subscribe to your superior opinion.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
I would do neither. then focus on resolving the problem.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by asumo12: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tyviv:
Will walk away grin

Ibadan sense!

undecided
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by babmal: 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Na d husband sure pass o. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by TexasR: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

Obviously,sorry nahhh,it's okay,stop crying please,ok we are sorry blah blah blah will follow grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by 0ubenji(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
alexialin:
I will look at them and I will say why are both of behaving like kids.. Then I will shake my head and walk away from the house and from the car. I will just take a taxi home.
which home biko..?
Same one u left? grin
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by lielbree: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Walk away from both of them
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Itannooluwa(f): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Y wld ma husband argue wif ma dad n d first place.....e smoke weed abi e chop shit?. It wnt even happen . Tank God yoruba's dnt sell dere children.... After God,ma parents..........den ma husband

4 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Stdaviding(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
My friend had similar issue on his wedding day, after the church service, we were all outside taking pictures, the bride's father felt we're late for reception and shouted at the bride to get inside the car, my friend was like "will you come back here cry" Na so all of us dey look, cameraman sef no fit snap again, lo and behold, the papa leave us there oooo.... I don't have the part two of the story

2 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by holluphemydavid(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nice thread
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:

sir, please what's the title of the last nollywood movie you watched?
LMAO grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by REDshouse(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will do all of the above by getting into the car and also sitting down in the car since they did not stipulate where to sit and which car to enter ....a beg free me jare

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by JideAmuGiaka: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
PaperLace:
My ancestors

On a serious note, why would my husband be arguing with my father. He doesn't have respect or what?
My father that suffer for me, train me in school...my dad that watched my infant bed.
I have only one father na, I can always get another husband.

In short, my husband would have to apologise to my father whether he is right or wrong... All these husbands of this generation should learn that they can never take the place of one's father. cheesy

Fathers are precious grin

I pity your husband.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by AntiWailer: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nothing of such should even happen.

How will I stand and argue with my Father in Law ?

Where did this generation evolve from ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
As a muslim woman,she is suppose to listen to d husband.no questions asked.the husband has d sole right over her now.
But all in all,as a muslim man and faithful one at that,wetin wan make u dey shout on top ur in-law head.e absurd
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Deekay9ja(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
But u didnt ansa d question sha!
PaperLace:
My ancestors

On a serious note, why would my husband be arguing with my father. He doesn't have respect or what?
My father that suffer for me, train me in school...my dad that watched my infant bed.

In short, my husband would have to apologise to my father whether he is right or wrong... All these husbands of this generation should learn that they can never take the place of one's father. cheesy

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Akaujaa(m): 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
I'll disobey both of them if na me.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by JideAmuGiaka: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lawlahdey:
My husband, of course.
Sheybi popcee don see me off to his house. sad
You have made my day.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Sanchez01: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:

This is too unrealistic. You would shout at two angry men and expect them to listen to you?

A wise woman in this scenario would understand that he is answerable to just one man here and that is the husband. As funny as it might sound, it's the truth. The father had handed her over, or should I say married her off. Men enjoy their ego being massaged even when many would tend to say otherwise. A funny attempt at not listening to him might impact the home there and then. A resolution could come after the issue had died and it is expected that the woman push for it.

But then again, it doesn't really make sense to see a father and her son-in-law argue to no end that both of them would issue contrary instructions just to prove nothing.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:

Girl! You are so smart grin grin grin
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
My loving and precious dad. Husband that will go out and sleep with other women, screw husband and he dare not argue with my dad sef shey he dey mad ni?
pls tell us more about ur hubby
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Wesely01(m): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tyviv:
Will walk away grin

Best result to that situation , no English in this world would justify that. Walk away and let them settle thing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Malakh: 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
Yes he trained you and all that,I've paid your dowry so you are now mine, so your husband has to come first
PaperLace:
My ancestors

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Malakh:
Yes he trained you and all that,I've paid your dowry so you are now mine, so your husband has to come first
Na dowry you pay , you no buy me.
My father and family first, followed by my children... grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aderonke Sikirat Anifowose Missing After Observing Juma'at In Ikorodu Lagos / My Little Sister Is Misbehaving / Lady Sparks Outrage As She Pierces Her Baby's Nose (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.