Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,084 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (215302 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
Electroweb:
Bought some apples. Looked out for Organic ones...thanks to Originalsly’s earlier post.

I am back home. Been back for some time now. I laughed at myself for looking for “organic” fruits when I cannot vouch for the type of imported fruits I eat in Nigeria. From the fruits we buy from the street to the ones sold in high class locations ( with big car park) that people drive their families to, as a way experiencing foreign ambiance ( myself included). I dont think all the fruits sold in Nigeria are grown in Nigeria. Let me stop here...

I also saw organic eggs too in the US. grin

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
NYC..Lots of small parks...roadside trees and flowerING plants to beautify and help purify the air in the city....but they have to be managed..watered etc.This is a NY State Parks truck watering plants in and around a small State Park. He drives along...remote operation...varying pressure and height adjustment...looping water over cars to get at trees!
More free stuff...Sandals and umbrella...anyone?? Flats.....all Grade A+!

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
NYC...Nooooo!...not prostitutes!......Pre Carnival...J'Ouvert...Brooklyn Labour Day...early morning oil and powder mas...verrrry little clothes..plenty of grinding...ordinary people on their way...next day they be the ones interviewing you for job!

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Hueyreckless0007: 5:43am On Sep 12, 2018
Wonderful thread
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dreamer247: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nice Thread..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by LucyPav: 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...... Regular people.......on a beautiful summer day! Drying clothes on line...five floors up in apartment building!..a rare sight...some people just refuse to adapt! I would say Fruit Soaps!..I wanted to go for banana soap...but I already bananas.......and though about bees coming after me... $2.99 a bar! Went to this building...floor tiles with swastika. ..Nazi symbol...is it?

Where did you find those soaps? I would like to try them.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
LucyPav:

Where did you find those soaps? I would like to try them.

In my favourite restaurant/supermarket.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
NYC....Randoms! Bronx...#6 subway above street level rumbling its way to Pelham. My favourite speed demon..Nissan GT-R. Aba?? The handicapped......wheel chair in tow.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Adebuble(f): 5:14am On Sep 24, 2018
Nostradamus:
if this one come naija,men no go return am oo.

And their card will continue to b debited... REDBOX is a life saver, I don't know if its still $1 per movie for 24hrs..

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2018
What if the person report the card to be stolen and hotlist it and get a new card from his/her bank or will the payment be tied to SSN.
Adebuble:

And their card will continue to b debited... REDBOX is a life saver, I don't know if its still $1 per movie for 24hrs..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by LUCAS99: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2018
Dremca:
What if the person report the card to be stolen and hotlist it and get a new card from his/her bank or will the payment be tied to SSN.

Why not just pay the $1 or $2.50 at most for the DVD rental?

Why report your card stolen when it isn't just because of $1 or $2.50 at most?

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
NYC...update...this building is now too tall to get a good shot...has to be quite some distance away.....and many more floors to go! As usual...125th St

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nostradamus: 1:35am On Oct 04, 2018
Dremca:
grin sharp guy,a true nigerian.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2018
Is not about being a sharp guy or a true Nigerian, is about closing some loopholes that people may exploit
Nostradamus:
grin sharp guy,a true nigerian.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
NYC....Well this one I had to track and snap!..Muscle Man in background was riding this bike ...no back tyre! Street shots...Brooklyn.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
NYC...City that Never Sleep...Times Square after midnight...week day! Portrait Painting... $20!..like 2p mins!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Jamestown123: 11:12am On Oct 08, 2018
Pls is there any not too expensive university or community college in new york for average people like us. I so much love new york
Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
Nyc for life... We shall get there someday
Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2018
NumeroUno7:
Nyc for life... We shall get there someday
by God's grace Brother
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:39am On Oct 14, 2018
NYC...Road ahead....scheduled time to resurface.... not in good condition! Generally....roads have a solid concrete base then bitumen is laid on top. When resurfacing....the bitumen is scraped off with this machine...under the 'arm' is a rotating belt that chews up the bitumen and spits it out at the back of the machine into a truck.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2018
NYC....I really thought it was safe for anyone...legal/illegal to be collecting bottles/cans to redeem for cash until I saw these Police stopped this one....guess was for ID. Underbridge...place to stay?....parking lot...lifts used increase capacity! Bus used to shuttle Columbia University students between campuses. ..CU..a very prestigious university...and is like a big corporation...note...electric bus. NYC bus....semi electric.... income fromnfares...income from ads!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:54am On Oct 20, 2018
NYC.... mother of all dreams.... with this amount?...a life changer...more likely for the worse. Mega lottery jackpot... ..one billion dollars....I don't even know how to write a billion! Nobody won!...so Tuesday it's up to maybe 1.5! Motorbike enthusiates....feel free to salivate!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by LUCAS99: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC.... mother of all dreams.... with this amount?...a life changer...more likely for the worse. Mega lottery jackpot... ..one billion dollars....I don't even know how to write a billion!

Already got my ticket...

If you don't hear back from me after tonight then know that I have the winning ticket & I have already relocated to the islands of St. Lucia to enjoy my winnings...

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:51am On Oct 20, 2018
LUCAS99:

Already got my ticket...

If you don't hear back from me after tonight then know that I have the winning ticket & I have already relocated to the islands of St. Lucia to enjoy my winnings...
Nobody won....but did you plan buying St Lucia?...I know that amount is wayyy more than ebough to buy the island ....including the politicians!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2018
NYC...for those planning to enter the US via Mexico ......these are people trying to enter Mexico with the same hope of entering the US.... think you can blend in? It's better to invest N700 in Mega Lottery!... $1.6 billion...largest ever jackpot..... drawing Tuesday 23rd......pick 5 numbers from the top(1to 70) and one from the bottom (white part 1 to 25)...all must be correct to win.....good luck!...you can be a ehmmm....virtual winner!
Manhattan shoreline from Manhattan!...driving along FDR Highway...daily route...highway built over the river bank...59St Bridge linking Queens on far right stabbing into the concrete jungle.
Along Broadway in Upper Manhattan.....weather changed in a flash!..shorts and tank tops a week ago ...Winter is in a rush!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by femora007(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...for those planning to enter the US via Mexico ......these are people trying to enter Mexico with the same hope of entering the US.... think you can blend in? It's better to invest N700 in Mega Lottery!... $1.6 billion...largest ever jackpot..... drawing Tuesday 23rd......pick 5 numbers from the top(1to 70) and one from the bottom (white part 1 to 25)...all must be correct to win.....good luck!...you can be a ehmmm....virtual winner!
Manhattan shoreline from Manhattan!...driving along FDR Highway...daily route...highway built over the river bank...59St Bridge linking Queens on far right stabbing into the concrete jungle.
Along Broadway in Upper Manhattan.....weather changed in a flash!..shorts and tank tops a week ago ...Winter is in a rush!
which country are these migrants from? grin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
femora007:

which country are these migrants from? grin

.....mainly South American countries trying to enter Mexico from neighboring Guatemala.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by daamazing(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2018
Finally caught up with this thread grin

Been to new York and back already(thanks to originalsly grin).. Now let's conquer this oshodi hold up smiley

Nice work, op.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
daamazing:
Finally caught up with this thread grin

Been to new York and back already(thanks to originalsly grin).. Now let's conquer this oshodi hold up smiley

Nice work, op.

Mumu....gringringrin.....no go repair una lightgringrin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by daamazing(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

Mumu....gringringrin.....no go repair una lightgringrin
grin ;
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.