Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211896 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:26am On Nov 11, 2018
NYC...clouds...to north horizon...to south horizon

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
so this chemtrails is true
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:48am On Nov 16, 2018
EMILO2STAY:

That's not chemtrails.....chemtrails form behind the aircraft ...like a trail of smoke... doesn't remain for long. Will post when next I see.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:59am On Nov 16, 2018
NYC...First snowfall ...pretty early and damn heavy...well.....by NYC standards!....those in Canada be saying ...pshh...this is nothing! Oh well...guess the city wasn't fully prepared. ... traffic nightmare..all tied..knotted up. Posting in traffic to past time...10 min drive back to the base...I'm 1 hr 18 mins in traffic...and...not yet halfway there.The road is mad slippery treacherous.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by LUCAS99: 2:19am On Nov 16, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...First snowfall ...pretty early and damn heavy...well.....by NYC standards!....those in Canada be saying ...pshh...this is nothing! Oh well...guess the city wasn't fully prepared. ... traffic nightmare..all tied..knotted up. Posting in traffic to past time...10 min drive back to the base...I'm 1 hr 18 mins in traffic...and...not yet halfway there.The road is mad slippery treacherous.

Damn!!!

The entire Northeast is getting pounded with snow...

Did you see the crowd at the Port Authority Bus Terminal & New York Penn Station?

Buses were delayed for almost three hours...
Re: On Vacation: New York City by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
Originalsly:

That's not chemtrails.....chemtrails form behind the aircraft ...like a trail of smoke... doesn't remain for long. Will post when next I see.
so what's that's. this can't be natural clouds
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
LUCAS99:

Damn!!!

The entire Northeast is getting pounded with snow...

Did you see the crowd at the Port Authority Bus Terminal & New York Penn Station?

Buses were delayed for almost three hours...

Hmmmmm......not so brave nor adventurous to go into the heart of the city during such times!....but Uptown was the worst...and there I was.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:25am On Nov 20, 2018
NYC....Brooklyn. Earlier this morning they showed up as scheduled to resurface the road...they had posted no parking 6a.m to 6p.m notices along the route since Friday.....I came out..they were all there...went out for a few hours... they were all done and road re opened.... usable like immediately. ..oven fresh warm road on a pretty chilly day!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2018
NYC...Manhattan...in the heart of the city...the main transportation hub....Penn Station... trains going to everywhere! ...all underground below the General Post Office building and beyond, Meanwhile...some homeless person asleep on the sidewalk on this cold morning...buried beneath blankets while drawing some heat from being on the grill instead of the ice cold sidewalk.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2018
NYC...Manhattan.....looking east down 33rd Street....towering above all...Empire State Building...once the world's tallest for yearsssss. Streets and avenues...same canyon appearance in these parts...Midtown Manhattan.But in Lower Manhattan...East side...a different picture..an olddd picture...but quickly changing.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
NYC..... Crown Heights, Brooklyn...Jewish Community....outside one of the religious centres...all garbage... picked up by ....Mexicans and loaded into a private truck. Strong back?...Mexicans dominate manual labour...reliable, very fast and efficient and most of all.... cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
NYC..Brooklyn. On way to Manhattan via Brooklyn Bridge... a fiery 3 car accident..1 fatality...the bridge was totally shut down...had to make detour to Manhattan Bridge...snail pace traffic. ..really off course. Pedestrian passageway wayyyy overhead linking buildings....used to be part of Jehova Witnesses complex.Manhattan Bridge....has an upper and lower deck for vehicles....some subway trains (left on lower deck )cross using the lower deck...others by tunnel under the river. Finally getting on the Bridge...is like two similar bridges hooked together...this is on the side going to Manhattan...the other coming to Brooklyn...you cannot cross from one side to the other. Towering on the right..my favourite building! Looking into World Financial Centre...Wall Street is squeezed somewhere in that concrete mess.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by JandyJ(m): 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
What's the average salary in United States

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Beautyaddy: 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
Originalsly, did you get the chance to attend the Thanksgiving Parade this morning?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Originalsly, did you get the chance to attend the Thanksgiving Parade this morning?

Me?... too cold ....never interested! ...not even on TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2018
EMILO2STAY:

Chemtrails

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Originalsly:

Chemtrails
so this is now normal in the us
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2018
EMILO2STAY:

so this is now normal in the us

Don't know....just know it's common here in NYC.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
Originalsly:

Don't know....just know it's common here in NYC.
I think the conspiracy theorists are right. there is more to this, cuz it ain't natural.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
NYC.....Harlem..... Tuskegee Airman Wilfred DeFour .... transitioned Dec 8...100 years old..... just one month after being present at the renaming ceremony of the Colonial Park Post Office in Harlem in their honor. He spoke very well at the ceremony...... but died before the new name was mounted.
Tuskegee Airmen.... a squadron of feared all Black fighter pilots during World War 2 during a time when the military was segregated. Gone...but not forgotten. Exclusive for NL.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
NYC.....Back.....been hectic over this Xmas period.....very little time to be snapping. Ran into an active apartment fire emergency....these people enter building so fast...stairs and windows... just smashing their way in...and when their job is done....jump in their trucks and leave! The gutted apartment boarded up.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by sukerefakere(m): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
Started from page 1

Originalsly please continue
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
NYC...some updates. Brooklyn Point....the 57 storey high rise...well that gone wayyy beyond taking close shots!...they add floors real fast. Last one...the tower in Manhattan shot from Brooklyn. Building not opened as yet...they're still working on the inside.... silver edging is part of the design.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
NYC..... the shifting sun..... update...the sun is moving back towards the Manhattan tower...(partial building in extreme left) from Dec 21..this shot was Jan 7... was hard getting the building and sun in the same shot! Present sun shot...hope to get it again sometime in summer to note movement. The sun be sooo bright...brilliant...Lagis sun can't compete... but it is coldddd...all brightness but no heat! Heading downtown Brooklyn....early morning. JFK International..... Terminal 4 (International Arrivals/Departures)..lit on right...Parking lot on left...Control Tower in background.

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
NYC... Uptown at night...Harlem. View from Manhattan...looking down river... Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn...Police boat on guard. Nice sports car...not common...can bet all my toe nails you can't name it! Mailman putting letters in building tenants mail boxes and parcels in parcel lockers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
NYC... at the mailbox...people love to drop stuff they don't want/no longer need... stuff too good to just dump in the garbage.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mariangeles(f): 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
I think the conspiracy theorists are right. there is more to this, cuz it ain't natural.
What's the theory??
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC... at the mailbox...people love to drop stuff they don't want/no longer need... stuff too good to just dump in the garbage.
Hmmmm. This USA is a most go destination O. It'll really be too terrible if one lives and dies without leaving the four walls of this failed State(Naija). Chukwu okike biko ayiom gi, zanu ekperem. cry
Originalsly:
Hmmmm. This USA is a most go destination O. It'll really be too terrible if one lives and dies without leaving the four walls of this failed State(Naija). Chukwu okike biko ayiom gi, zanu ekperem.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
What's the theory??
that americans are been sprayed with chemicals, all for the purpose of controlling the masses

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mariangeles(f): 5:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
that americans are been sprayed with chemicals, all for the purpose of controlling the masses
Shocking !
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bracha: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC...some updates. Brooklyn Point....the 57 storey high rise...well that gone wayyy beyond taking close shots!...they add floors real fast. Last one...the tower in Manhattan shot from Brooklyn. Building not opened as yet...they're still working on the inside.... silver edging is part of the design.

Hiya!

Are you using the same phone you used when you first started documenting? I'm asking 'cos the picture quality has changed/reduced. What phone are you using to snap these recent pictures?

PS: I just stumbled on this thread, and i'm loving these pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Hopefully i'll be visiting the US sometime this year.

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:10am On Jan 15, 2019
Bracha:

Hiya!

Are you using the same phone you used when you first started documenting? I'm asking 'cos the picture quality has changed/reduced. What phone are you using to snap these recent pictures?

PS: I just stumbled on this thread, and i'm loving these pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Hopefully i'll be visiting the US sometime this year.

Ciao!

Hmmm...I did change phone. Was using Sanshng Galaxy S5 all along.....but the Network upgrades was too much for the phone! Got a Galaxy J7 Prime for a visiting friend...which I planned to use after the visit...you should know how that went! Went to get another...was told there was the newer version..the better Galaxy J7 Star. Got it....don't like it. Doesn't give as many options to control the camera settings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.