Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212247 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bracha: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
Thought so - about the change. I noticed the resolution had reduced, and the pictures were a bit grainy and blurred. I'd recommend Samsung Galaxy S8 or S9 if you don't mind their cost. They have beautiful cameras and a wider range of options to choose from.

Originalsly:

Hmmm...I did change phone. Was using Sanshng Galaxy S5 all along.....but the Network upgrades was too much for the phone! Got a Galaxy J7 Prime for a visiting friend...which I planned to use after the visit...you should know how that went! Went to get another...was told there was the newer version..the better Galaxy J7 Star. Got it....don't like it. Doesn't give as many options to control the camera settings.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
NYC... Film shoot.......again. Law and Order...SVU.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
NYC...Road Work.... sooo much going on under the roadways... water mains...gas lines...Cable TV cables... Internet...sewerage....always digging and fixing/installing...but....done mainly at nights after 9 PM and unless emergency.. wrapped up by 6 a.m ..before rush hour. During the day...usually after 10...but before 4.
1...think storm drain cleaning .. vacuum truck. 2/3... not sure..maybe replaced faulty cable. 3. ... cut roadway...then resurfacing 4. Accident... what you 5hink happened?..whose fault?

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
NYC...Shooting again...Godfather of Harlem with Forest Whitaker. Setting up for the shoot in that joint...which is a regular ' deli' renamed and remodeled for the shoot. Will post pic after the shoot is done and props taken down. Shooting car scene with remote cameras on car. Last pix....the "extras"...people used to waka pass!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 4:43am On Jan 29, 2019
NYC.. City of Justice as long as i go to US,. I don't mind going to Hell
Re: On Vacation: New York City by madridguy(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2019
grin grin grin

KendrickAyomide:
NYC.. City of Justice as long as i go to US,. I don't mind going to Hell
Re: On Vacation: New York City by lekanlaniyan(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC...Shooting again...Godfather of Harlem with Forest Whitaker. Setting up for the shoot in that joint...which is a regular ' deli' renamed and remodeled for the shoot. Will post pic after the shoot is done and props taken down.

Good morning sir, I love your update and it’s has been fun all the while.
I want to ask do you work in movie industry or your always run into movie production scenes?

From a loyal fan. Peace #
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2019
lekanlaniyan:

Good morning sir, I love your update and it’s has been fun all the while.
I want to ask do you work in movie industry or your always run into movie production scenes?

From a loyal fan. Peace #

Not at all in the movie industry!....just that they shoot pretty often in my work area....and this is in the hood!...in the heart of the 'bad area'!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
NYC....after the movie shoot...back to normal!...before the shoot....setting up the shop.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2019
NYC... Free for all.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:21am On Feb 04, 2019
NYC....Left my malts in the truck...hoping to find it ice cold the following morning...found it frozen...cork popped off... oozing froth frozen.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Olalekank(m): 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2019
Originalsly

I'm sorry if I am meddling into something that doesn't concern me.
You opened this thread January 2017 and this is January 2019. The thread still says this is a vacation, have you been on vacation for 2 years.

Apologies, I haven't gone through thread though!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by BikeMan: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
Olalekank:
Originalsly

I'm sorry if I am meddling into something that doesn't concern me.
You opened this thread January 2017 and this is January 2019. The thread still says this is a vacation, have you been on vacation for 2 years.

Apologies, I haven't gone through thread though!
He adjusted his status bro

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Olalekank(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
BikeMan:
He adjusted his status bro
Wow!

This is great bro!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by stubbornman(m): 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
Very very nice thread bro....

more update please!!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
NYC... the cold is getting to me!...not out there snapping away! Decided to snap a few today while passing thru Bedford Stuyvesant aka 'Do or Die' Bed Stuy....one of the most notorious hoods in NYC...but as you can see.... people go about their normal business...day and night. The borderline....leaving Clinton Hill and crossing the border...Classon Ave ... to enter Bed Stuy.....'Islamic area'...Masjid at end on right...moving along!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
NYC....the Flower Shop.... all decked out for Valentine's Day...flowersss... teddy bears and all the little stuffs! Downtown Brooklyn heading out to Manhattan just before sunrise...favourite building in Manhattan up the road but wayyy over the river.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC... Uptown at night...Harlem. View from Manhattan...looking down river... Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn...Police boat on guard. Nice sports car...not common...can bet all my toe nails you can't name it! Mailman putting letters in building tenants mail boxes and parcels in parcel lockers.
its a honda
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
NYC.... Brooklyn...Parking lot below Mall.. ticket dispensed on entry...and must be presented on exit to determine fee.... if lost...$45...just another reason irresponsible people go abroad and return home very responsible! Update... Brooklyn Point building....too high to snap form nearby.... as seen from before getting Downtown....as seen from Manhattan. Update...Affordable Housing apartment building.... structure completed more than a month ago...inner fine works being done.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
NYC...Moving out...too expensive to move stuff to some far away place.... Moving Sale...sell what can be sold...donate to Salvation Army etc....give away to friends and what's left....dash them out on the sidewalk as garbage! Brooklyn.....lots of Hatians in this area. Burgundy lane.....buses only during peak periods.... cameras along the route to snap violators.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
NYC.... Wide open...24/7... 365...green grocer.... that's the name but can get from a hot pepper to baby gripe water! ..s append like around 2 a.m. Queens...most diverse community in the world....tribalist stay clear!....more a residential area.... lots of private houses... a typical residential street....lots of parks.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:28am On Feb 23, 2019
NYC..... End Times?!...have to pray hard....while most people be all bundled up to stay warm in the middle of winter...there are always those who don't fit in! Daycare...not cheap!....big responsibility...no room for mistakes nor explanations.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
NYC....Harlem......another colddd day in the city. I'm more into buildings...this area is designated a historic landmark... so pretty much unless a building is condemned for structural problems/gutted by fire etc...it would be sooo difficult to get a permit to make changes. Building on the left...that's a school...the playground is on the roof...glass enclosed...and has a gym/basketball court on the first floor....glass enclosed and sound proof....a public school.
Looking out of Convent Ave into St Nicholas Ave...some buildings built since the 1800's.
6 storeyed building... built since 1902... classy to date... the first coop to be owned by Blacks in NY. The lobby is very classy.... quality everything...from furniture to floor tiles...definitely not of modern times.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
NYC... past few days the weather been brutal ...wayyy colder than normal..and persistent. Left water in the truck....after 2 hours in the cab with heat on... still almost all ice. In these times you just envy these guys with their high center of gravity ride any storm vehicles.But ...is sooo good right after the snow when I can chill my Power Malt!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:09am On Mar 08, 2019
NYC

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2019
NYC.....Moving out.....dumping furniture and stuff...good stuff....do people take?? ....immediately. Famous Payless shoe store... going out of business.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Is the cold that brutal?
The sun is out and can provide some wwrmth
Re: On Vacation: New York City by ciwi: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
Originalsly:

Don't know about that! I know of a good spot...verrrry reasonable price...but you have to give dates to know it's available.

Couldn’t do New York last year. But I’m looking at June ending/ beginning of July

Please assist with info
Thanks
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
NumeroUno7:

Is the cold that brutal?
The sun is out and can provide some wwrmth

On sunny days..the sun is brilliant...not bright..brilliant... but all it provides is light.... like led type light...verrrrrrrry little if any heat. Below...the sun is directly behind the sign....I can see it clearly.... brilliant....but the light is too much for the camera.... on the side walk between the cars..... that's snow ...been there two days... crispy... not melted at all....no heat from the sun.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
ciwi:

Couldn’t do New York last year. But I’m looking at June ending/ beginning of July

Please assist with info
Thanks

Kinda harder now... but when you have ticket ... dates and duration of stay...let me know.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by ciwi: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
Originalsly:

Kinda harder now... but when you have ticket ... dates and duration of stay...let me know.

Can u at least give me a range so I can have an idea what to budget for accommodation?

Thanks
Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 6:47am On Mar 13, 2019
City of Justice .

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.