Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212059 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by IronGalaxy: 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
wildikeman:
if not for Apathied and the whites, you will be no where.. Usless hottentot
tired argument. Where is Egypt without white people? Or progressive Rwanda? Silly excuse for underachieving. Besides tourists don't visit countries for their infrastructure, they visit places for their culture, food, history etc. I guess your country is not interesting enough
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 4:16am On Apr 12, 2019
IronGalaxy:
tired argument. Where is Egypt without white people? Or progressive Rwanda? Silly excuse for underachieving. Besides tourists don't visit countries for their infrastructure, they visit places for their culture, food, history etc. I guess your country is not interesting enough
Hahaha... Whats this one saying.. ? Yrs they do... South Africa is where it is today because of thr whites simple. Rwanda is progressive?? What?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by IronGalaxy: 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
wildikeman:
Hahaha... Whats this one saying.. ? Yrs they do... South Africa is where it is today because of thr whites simple. Rwanda is progressive?? What?
your implication... For a country to be successful it must have white people. I asked then, are Egyptians, Morrocans ,Algerians even the Japanese white people. You failed to answer. Countries like the Ukraine, Estonia etc although lily white, are nothing to write home about. The other
implication has to do with the fact that by being black you see yourself less of human being and you can achieve nothing worthy because you aren't white, which in itself means you have an inferiority complex. Yes, Rwanda is a progressive country and the fact you even need to ask is embarrassing
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Olalekank(m): 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
IronGalaxy:
your implication... For a country to be successful it must have white people. I asked then, are Egyptians, Morrocans ,Algerians even the Japanese white people. You failed to answer. Countries like the Ukraine, Estonia etc although lily white, are nothing to write home about. The other
implication has to do with the fact that by being black you see yourself less of human being and you can achieve nothing worthy because you aren't white, which in itself means you have an inferiority complex. Yes, Rwanda is a progressive country and the fact you even need to ask is embarrassing

There is nothing special about being white, the problem with blacks is a history thing and if the whites were the ones here, this is the same way Nigeria might be.

Please remove the Estonia in the list
Estonia is a balling country and is a country in the EU as opposed to other countries like Ukraine, Turkey, Croatia, etc.

Yes, Rwanda is actually making progress
Re: On Vacation: New York City by IronGalaxy: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2019
Olalekank:

There is nothing special about being white, the problem with blacks is a history thing and if the whites were the ones here, this is the same way Nigeria might be.

Please remove the Estonia in the list
Estonia is a balling country and is a country in the EU as opposed to other countries like Ukraine, Turkey, Croatia, etc.

Yes, Rwanda is actually making progress
on the whole, I am yet to encounter people who worship white people the way Nigerians do. You guys are the first Africans I've heard who actually yearn for recolonization.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:56am On Apr 13, 2019
NYC...JFK International..... Arrivals terminal.... the waiting game! ... waiting for the party to make the grand appearance after leaving Customs. Some never do. A popular urban ladies store show window... NYC trendy styles at affordable prices for the working class. Replacing water mains... mainly skilled workers.. the guy with the Stop/Slow sign... is certified to do that... he does nothing else!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:34am On Apr 13, 2019
NYC... Home of the Hustlers!....it's amazing the kinds of stuff people do here to make an honest living. This guy with the back pack.... seen him a lot.... he walks the streets with the grates on the sidewalk like every day. If your stuff falls through the grate... it gets trapped like 10 feet below...you may not even know it fell through. He has a line hooked up to retrieve such stuff so he walks and looks for any valuables down there. I decided to snap him today.......and yes!...I did ask exactly what you are thinking.... the most valuable....an engraved wedding ring worth $42K... what would you do? ... also a Rolex wrist watch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 13, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC... Home of the Hustlers!....it's amazing the kinds of stuff people do here to make an honest living. This guy with the back pack.... seen him a lot.... he walks the streets with the grates on the sidewalk like every day. If your stuff falls through the grate... it gets trapped like 10 feet below...you may not even know it fell through. He has a line hooked up to retrieve such stuff so he walks and looks for any valuables down there. I decided to snap him today.......and yes!...I did ask exactly what you are thinking.... the most valuable....an engraved wedding ring worth $42K... what would you do? ... also a Rolex wrist watch.

Wow. Who would've thought
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bracha: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2019
O.M.G! That is someone's hustle? How? What does he do with the valuable items when he finds them? Return them to the owners? Or sells them? Also, what does he do with the not-so-valuable ones?

Originalsly:
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
Originalsly:

Lol...really?...you not ready for NYC! ...bro....that's a guy!
hahahahahaaaa.. Lmkmd
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Estonia is nothing to write home about....? You don't get what I'm saying... And Tunisia and Morocco and the Egypt are mixed countries like South Africa with a significant white population.. Check out the ethnic groups of these countires. Is morroco even a developed country I said there's no african country that is developed withouth the touch of white people.. Rwanda is only trying, but hasn't or isn't a developed country since independence. Ukraine isn't like other developed western European countries, but is better in a lot of ways than all West African countries. Look it up. Estonia is one of the fastest European countries now look at their economy and their achievements... Its a better country. I say again.. No completely black nation is is developed without a touch of the white man. If there is show me. Call a spade a spade stop leaving in asolute denial. Im an African and Theres nothing i can do about that.. But please be honest with your self. And only then will changes take place

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Bracha:
O.M.G! That is someone's hustle? How? What does he do with the valuable items when he finds them? Return them to the owners? Or sells them? Also, what does he do with the not-so-valuable ones?

On the ring... said he took it to the local Precinct (Police Station) for them to trace the owner via the engravings. They did like 2 years later... owner flew in from California... gave him a handsome reward... and kept tabs on him for over a year.. finding out how he is doing ... sending him more cash and find out how he is doing. Guess he sells untraceable stuff...and of course...will find casual as well...but figures mainly jewellery.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by IronGalaxy: 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
wildikeman:
Estonia is nothing to write home about....? You don't get what I'm saying... And Tunisia and Morocco and the Egypt are mixed countries like South Africa with a significant white population.. Check out the ethnic groups of these countires. Is morroco even a developed country I said there's no african country that is developed withouth the touch of white people.. Rwanda is only trying, but hasn't or isn't a developed country since independence. Ukraine isn't like other developed western European countries, but is better in a lot of ways than all West African countries. Look it up. Estonia is one of the fastest European countries now look at their economy and their achievements... Its a better country. I say again.. No completely black nation is is developed without a touch of the white man. If there is show me. Call a spade a spade stop leaving in asolute denial. Im an African and Theres nothing i can do about that.. But please be honest with your self. And only then will changes take place
what is it that I'm in denial about? South Africa with your beloved " white people" is still not a developed country. Egypt is not a white country what are you smoking? Light completion does not equate " white", Egypt is an Arabic country . I don't recall saying Morrocco was a developed nation but it's progressive in standards and without white people. Rwanda suffered years of ethnic genocide and they are moving at the direction this self loathing from Nigerians is boring

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bracha: 12:33am On Apr 14, 2019
Lol, thanks.

PS: I know what a precinct is, no need for the parentheses. I've been reading books about Scotland Yard since I was 6. Also know what it is to keep tabs on someone lol.
Nah, I'm not pissed or insulted, I just wanted to bring to your notice the fact that while a lot of us in Nigeria have not travelled a lot, some of us read voraciously.

Originalsly:

On the ring... said he took it to the local Precinct (Police Station) for them to trace the owner via the engravings. They did like 2 years later... owner flew in from California... gave him a handsome reward... and kept tabs on him for over a year.. finding out how he is doing ... sending him more cash and find out how he is doing. Guess he sells untraceable stuff...and of course...will find casual as well...but figures mainly jewellery.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 1:17am On Apr 14, 2019
IronGalaxy:
what is it that I'm in denial about? South Africa with your beloved " white people" is still not a developed country. Egypt is not a white country what are you smoking? Light completion does not equate " white", Egypt is an Arabic country . I don't recall saying Morrocco was a developed nation but it's progressive in standards and without white people. Rwanda suffered years of ethnic genocide and they are moving at the direction this self loathing from Nigerians is boring
you see yourself.. You say one thing and mean another. I hope you aren't as high you sound or that you at least read. Who said egypt is an Arab country? Its African or arab...? Did i even say south is a developed place.? Your denial is irritating. Perhaps i should be silent as that is the best for someone like you...
Re: On Vacation: New York City by IronGalaxy: 2:47am On Apr 14, 2019
wildikeman:
you see yourself.. You say one thing and mean another. I hope you aren't as high you sound or that you at least read. Who said egypt is an Arab country? Its African or arab...? Did i even say south is a developed place.? Your denial is irritating. Perhaps i should be silent as that is the best for someone like you...
this is coming from someone who initially claimed we have high numbers of visitors because of white people as if being a tourist haven depends on having white people. Remind me again what's exactly am in denial of?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2019
Originalsly:

Ha!..I stay clear of the city today. You brave tho...taking out pics with apparent under age top less girl! You should know NYPD vice squad by now!...Black guy posing with young White opless female?...and posting it online? I know you weren't disappointed!...titties and ehmmm..... pant less babes everywhere on exhibition !
these mamas are under aged ke.... What!!!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2019
LUCAS99:

I'm no longer based in New York City.

I relocated to Miami Beach, Florida.

But trust me once you go Latina you never wanna go back.

But I love my Black Ladies though.

I have never dated any though because I'm more attracted to the Colombians & Venezuelans ladies.

But I have slept with the Black American Ladies on more than one occasion on a Strictly no strings attached basis.
baaaaaaadt guyyyy... White nko?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bracha: 1:03pm On Apr 15, 2019
All this talk about who slept with what women, and what women of what race is better, isn't it derailing the thread? Is this thread a place to compare notes or one to show the sights New York has to offer?

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC...... Regular people.......on a beautiful summer day! Drying clothes on line...five floors up in apartment building!..a rare sight...some people just refuse to adapt! I would say Fruit Soaps!..I wanted to go for banana soap...but I already bananas.......and though about bees coming after me... $2.99 a bar! Went to this building...floor tiles with swastika. ..Nazi symbol...is it?
they aren't really Nazi symbol. The Budhist also uses it.. How you know that, the Budhist cross is always clockwise and thr Nazi own is anti clockwise. The Budhist use theirs as a Symbol of bliss or peace and the Naxi is as a symbol of race superiority.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
KendrickAyomide:

Originalsly have you Stumbled on the set of the Tv Series POWER? even EMPIRE

They posted notices on the streets. This is in my little area on Tuesday.... parking nightmare since they take up blocks of parking with their trucks and equipment

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Originalsly:

He can't. ..he believes he can by executive order. If...if that were to happen...it would first target the Latinos....that's the fastest rising and largest minority group in the US. Latinos are the main threat to Whites becoming a minority and the racists are all out to slow that down...as you can see protecting the border and keeping out illegal immigrants refer to the Mexico border and Latinos only....not Europeans who are flowing in. The Jews are now speaking out because their people were gunned down.... they prot3sted his presence at the funeral saying his rhetoric is the cause....asked him to condemn the Militia...White Supremacy group....they are still waiting!...how can a racist condemn a racist group of which he is a part? He keeps saying the ehmm....'suspected shooter' is a wacko...has a history of problems! But yet sooo many Nigerians are singing him praise...I pity them should they arrive here and say such things period.
BTW....you heard about about the $1.6 B record breaking Mega Lottery. ..that there was only one winner...thend everything went silent. Go figure.
1.6 billion!!! Father lordddddd!! I may run maaaaaddt.... I'm running mad for the guy already �
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2019
NYC... This was Good Friday... with the March to the Crucifixion reenactment. Noticed this year the Jesus guy was no longer a young guy... and he wasn't flogged like they did the young guy... nor was he wearing a crown of thorns like the young guy...nor the cross as heavy... nor those following in the procession as many...significantly fewer....used to create traffic problems... not at all this time.
I was soooo happy people don't eat meat on Good Friday.... I had the opportunity to have a really good lunch... bass fish... not usually on the menu!... washed down with coconut water. @those in the diaspora.... except directly from the coconut.... this brand is the closest ... wayyyy better than all...bar none....Obrigado.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
NYC..... Fire trucks rushing to call of smoking boiler ... in basement below store.... these guys can't wait for key to open metal trap door entrance on sidewalk... they cut it open with power saw! Guess was false alarm cause they drove off shortly after!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
NYC... The hustle is really real. People here really do hustle.... not the place to be to depend on someone to take care of you.... hustle is a must and there is stuff competition in everything. Guy..elderly...some kind spinal problem... walks bent as seen in pic.... but still hustles...collecting cans/bottles. Female... hustling... collecting scrap metal from building under construction....see such female at night... we be judging her slay mama..olosho.
Man doing private work... women doing governmemt work!... note dreadlocks.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by khiaa(f): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC...supermarket... value added!... rice...from Italy!..I repeat...rice...from Italy! They import rice... have it soaked or parboiled whatever... in beef or chicken broth....then have a few grains of once ordinary rice now reappear as............

This one you are wrong about, I love this. It's a combination of rice and pasta.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by khiaa(f): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2019
Malayy:
shuuu.! new York. new Jersey. new new..

Yes, NEW York in the United States as opposed to the OLD York in England and NEW Jersey in the United States as opposed to the OLD Jersey in England.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
Originalsly:

They posted notices on the streets. This is in my little area on Tuesday.... parking nightmare since they take up blocks of parking with their trucks and equipment
wow, am overwhelmed
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mariangeles(f): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2019
Bracha:

What does he do ? grin
Finders, keepers. grin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mariangeles(f): 9:16am On Apr 24, 2019
Originalsly:

Na wah o!
...and I thought he could keep'em embarassed
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2019
Mariangeles:

Na wah o!
...and I thought he could keep'em

embarassed

He could've kept it.... but ...two things... he said he knew a persons wedding ring cannot be replaced... it is like sacred.... so he wanted it to be returned. Secondly... because it was engraved... it can be traced. Shouid he sell it to a pawnbroker.... then it was discovered the owner was dispossessed of the ring in a robbery... then what?...do you really believe he can explain?...prison will be his new home. All that glitters is not gold!.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:58am On Apr 24, 2019
NYC.... running new fibre optic cables. So much is under the streets and everything is precisely mapped out. Back home... we are generally Jack of all Trades...master of none.....here people are just masters... specialists.... even if it comes to flipping burgers. Guy came days before... drew white line... then these came after... cutting on the line... cutter knows exactly how deep to cut. To my surprise... there was the old cable down there which they pulled out... replaced and cemented over.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.