Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212024 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bracha: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
Is that the same Shoprite mall we have here in Nigeria or is it just for fast food only?

Originalsly:
NYC... Brooklyn. Shoprite on the mall... wanted to snap some pics inside but ehmm...I wasn't all dressed up! Went in there once.... not really popular here except for junk food lovers. Trees naked all winter during the cold about to get fully clothed in green uniform as the brilliant sun finally starts adding heat to its light..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
Bracha:

Is that the same Shoprite mall we have here in Nigeria or is it just for fast food only?

Same company.... it's a supermarket....(just another business spot on the mall) but most of the stuff is 'junk'... boxes cereals... artificially flavoured juices... 3 minute pizza... 2 minute pancakes ... 1 minute pop corn... I Can't Believe It's Not Butter...(I can't believe people don't know what it is but buy it anyways... and I can't believe they eat it!)
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
NYC...da Bronx...South Bronx.... home of hip hop... home of graffiti artists. Lots of huge apartment buildings... more residential and small businesses. A rough neighborhood... but..streets got it's own code... pretty safe.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Modecaih: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
Nice post keep it coming
Re: On Vacation: New York City by SkinnyNigga: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
Originalsly:

Same company.... it's a supermarket....(just another business spot on the mall) but most of the stuff is 'junk'... boxes cereals... artificially flavoured juices... 3 minute pizza... 2 minute pancakes ... 1 minute pop corn... I Can't Believe It's Not Butter...(I can't believe people don't know what it is but buy it anyways... and I can't believe they eat it!)
no wonder there are lots of obese people in America
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Beautyaddy: 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
Originalsly:

Really?

So they don't sell vegetables, fruits, or organic food items in this particular Shoprite?

This Shoprite must be in those neglected ghetto areas in New York.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mulatta(m): 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
Dammilekan:
$600 in a month am sorry i hope ah e is working in another place
Am sorry dude its $150 every two weeks, that is #300 dollars every months
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Really?

So they don't sell vegetables, fruits, or organic food items in this particular Shoprite?

This Shoprite must be in those neglected ghetto areas in New York.

Neglected ghetto areas?... change your source of info about NYC. There is no area... not even a single block or half block of vacant/condemned buildings in the city. Most of the pics on this thread are in the ghettos.... but you wouldn't know if I didn't say so. And yes... they do sell fruits and vegetables.... but they are loaded with processed foods.... not really catering for immigrants who generally make a lot of stuff from scratch.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
NYC...da Bronx...Third Ave around 149th Street... the shopping center for South Bronx.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Modecaih: 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
America land of the free and home of the brave
Re: On Vacation: New York City by hammed71(m): 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
USA, I will get there one day
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dammilekan(m): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
Mulatta:

Am sorry dude its $150 every two weeks, that is #300 dollars every months
wtf it too small i will say that cheating the person should fucking quit
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tay16(f): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
moonraker:

But of course. The more reason why I apologized profusely. Merely pointed out an unanswered question.
It's been 2yrs since I logged on. What was this story about sef? Lol
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Beautyaddy: 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
Originalsly:

Neglected ghetto areas?... change your source of info about NYC. There is no area... not even a single block or half block of vacant/condemned buildings in the city. Most of the pics on this thread are in the ghettos.... but you wouldn't know if I didn't say so. And yes... they do sell fruits and vegetables.... but they are loaded with processed foods.... not really catering for immigrants who generally make a lot of stuff from scratch.

Okay, then it looks like some of those immigrants living in that particular neighborhood needs to get hold of the manager running that particular store and introduce those foods items to them to get it sold in that particular store.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by rs172(m): 8:32am On Apr 09, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC...da Bronx...Third Ave around 149th Street... the shopping center for South Bronx.

Bro... so this place na Ghetto?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mulatta(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Dammilekan:
wtf it too small i will say that cheating the person should fucking quit
Its not to small for a 16 years old child

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2019
missdebs:
I hardly follow threads to the end, but you got my attention op......bravo!! �

Happy birthday to someone older than me with a whole 24hrs
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dammilekan(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2019
Mulatta:

Its not to small for a 16 years old child
if she is d one playing bills it not enough, if she isn't paying any bills it okay
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
Originalsly:
To share in pictures what I find interesting. Hmmm.... can't be the same level... you'd rather be in Nigeria than manyyyyy parts of America.However.... we can learn... don't have to follow them blindly.... nor go thru the trials and errors they have gone through in getting where they are today...we can learn thru their mistakes. Eg.... why are we still building overhead pedestrian bridges in heavily populated areas in Lagos... when traffic lights can be used?.... are we going to wait nxt 20 years to go that route? Does NYC have such bridges?
how old is Singapore and Kuwait
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
wildikeman:

how old is Singapore and Kuwait

Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2019
Originalsly:

Google is your friend.
noo.. I was asking the trouble maker.. (Pidgin)When she said that America is older than Nigeria so therefore, it must be more developed than Nigeria. Singapore and Kuwait are one of the few countries that got independence about the same time or later than Nigeria and are have made big strides to develop and dammed the facade or excuses of not developing. Not attacking you o.. I'mjust enjoying the thread sef

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC..... dedicated to the tribalists/racists/religious fanatics..... NYC is not the city to be if you can't embrace others.... this is one big melting pot.... you just can't avoid othersss....in the subway....walking the streets in their native dress.... queuing for bus...and the homeless is everywhere... all shades.
and Trump is from there o
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC....Sanitation. .keeping the city clean...Enforcement. There are the guys that pick up the garbage... has a day and time when it can be put out on the sidewalk for pick up. This was put out late. .. truck already passed.. and now here is the enforcement dep't picking up the garbage...recyclables... and taking it away. Think they get photos..get names and addresses off labels... and will fine the building owner.
ni wonder... No wonder they are so disciplined.. The rules and seriousness of the adherence to the law will discipline you. Very good
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:44am On Apr 10, 2019
NYC ...White car booted... owing either the city/bank.. looks like he didn't know the boot was there...drove off... damaged fender. Never seen or heard of this..... how someone got the wheel off while booted. Smart guy?..... until the boot is returmed.his bill will be increasing.
This bird got into the truck through the open back door..... I opened the windows and tried shooing it out .. he kept trying the windshield until he got tired and was barely clinging on to the edge of the dashboard... I snapped him but whoaa... he immediately sprang to life and moved to the middle of the dash to give me better shots... even close up... was no longer interested in leaving......I picked him up and dashed him out....vanity has now gone to the birds.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
NYC...Lower Manhattan...east side... residential. Shots from elevated roadway. My favourite building... disappearing into low rain clouds. The neighborhood...view through leafless trees.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Modecaih: 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
l luv America,,Gods own country

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Ugosample(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
Modecaih:
l luv America,,Gods own country
God's own country indeed.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
MPSA:

MPSA is a good man, I am not rude grin, let me kick you with this beautiful pictures of Durban grin "Peace Bra" grin
bugger off we don't want SA.... Xenophobic people.. Go away
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
MPSA:

BLOEMFONTEIN SOUTH AFRICA grin
i hate South Africans and this guy...
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
MPSA:

South Africa is receiving more tourist than any place in the continent, Your words will never stop our tourist to visit South Africa, SA is the best country my brother grin, Nigeria isn't on South Africa standard, That is why we keep on attracting more tourist across the worldgrin
if not for Apathied and the whites, you will be no where.. Usless hottentot
Re: On Vacation: New York City by wildikeman(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Originalsly:
NYC...been freezing non stop for the past week... and getting worse...guess it's normal compared to some other States, Canada and some countries in Europe..but here..it's damn coldd. My fingers will not be coming out of gloves to be snapping pictures upandan!
This is one of a Mexican food delivery guy...nice guy!... The red bag is a heat/cold proof bag ..if not..the tea/coffee whatever will arrive cold!... the bike...electric...he good to be riding in snow period!...motor bikes are currently banned due to road conditions. The clear plastics.... to shield his hands from the wind when riding...if not... they will quickly get numb and kinda freeze.
bro next time snap on xmas day and snap on new years day.. So we can see the ball drop at time square... Please

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by OyinbowithaTan(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Mulatta:

My friends sister works at sonic, they pay her $150 every week and she's still in high school works

Good Chesseburgers and fries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.