Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? (25244 Views)

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Visiting My Fiancee's Parents For The First Time, What Should I Buy For Them? / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by milky3(f): 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
brother, I hope your cousin mother in law is not patient ozokor of nollywood

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by tyboy(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
[/font]
Gflat:
Actually this is the right thing to do... No parent want their daughters to suffer from the hands of a broke boy. Let me share my thoughts in this.

Let's take this from the religious community: A woman is mostly believed to be soft hearted, an item of delicacy and someone you care for (Men are designed to care for women that is why they are referred to as the HEAD)

Enough of the sideway talks. Let's accelerate the hammer towards the nail.

Ladies make sure you have nothing to do with broke boys. As accurate as this sounds many girls will still try to be Sentimental about the golden fact. Broke boys have nothing to offer.

Ok let me give you a quick scenario.

Yester-evening I was at a restaurant on the island just to relax and get a bit of serenity. While I was chilling with what I had requested for earlier, I noticed a couple sitting opposite my table.
I could feel the love from her heart and the optimism for a better future for both of them but what Spoilt the picture was Their table has all sort of similarities to the Sahara desert.

It is so embarrassing to say as beautiful as the lady looked he couldn't make her feel good on a date and later on he got her a chicken pie and ice cream. I felt disgusted at the sight of this! undecided

Ok, having mentioned that, I want to inform you ladies about a Proven point.

No guy will choose you over a richer lady.

This might seem funny to you but that is the truth. That guy that keeps reminding you how much he loves and adores you?
That guy who wouldn't stop sending you good morning/good night messages?
That guy that sounds romantic and sweeps you off your feet?
He will desert you at the twinkle of an eye immediately he Uncovers a rich lady.

So tell me ladies, why are you forcing this to work with him?
Why are you suffering when someone who isn't looking half as good as you are is being treated like a real woman?
Why trek under the hot sun then later jump into a hot distressful danfo bus while your mates are sitting with their man in his latest Ac filled cool machine?

It is no news that Women are emotional beings but being emotional shouldn't equals stupidity. If you don't care about your future at least care about the future of your kids and their upbringing.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]PS: Don't quote me to spill your conundrum. I don't reply idiots

Gflat:
Actually this is the right thing to do... No parent want their daughters to suffer from the hands of a broke boy. Let me share my thoughts in this.

[b]Let's take this from the religious community: A woman is mostly believed to be soft hearted, an item of delicacy and someone you care for (Men are designed to care for women that is why they are referred to as the HEAD)

Ladies make sure you have nothing to do with broke boys. As accurate as this sounds many girls will still try to be Sentimental about the golden fact. Broke boys have nothing to offer.

Yester-evening I was at a restaurant on the island just to relax and get a bit of serenity. While I was chilling with what I had requested for earlier, I noticed a couple sitting opposite my table.
I could feel the love from her heart and the optimism for a better future for both of them but what Spoilt the picture was Their table has all sort of similarities to the Sahara desert.

It is so embarrassing to say as beautiful as the lady looked he couldn't make her feel good on a date and later on he got her a chicken pie and ice cream. I felt disgusted at the sight of this! undecided

This might seem funny to you but that is the truth. That guy that keeps reminding you how much he loves and adores you?
He will desert you at the twinkle of an eye immediately he Uncovers a rich lady.

Why are you suffering when someone who isn't looking half as good as you are is being treated like a real woman?
Why trek under the hot sun then later jump into a hot distressful danfo bus while your mates are sitting with their man in his latest Ac filled cool machine?

It is no news that Women are emotional beings but being emotional shouldn't equals stupidity. If you don't care about your future at least care about the future of your kids and their upbringing.

PS: Don't quote me to spill your conundrum. I don't reply idiots

[/b][quote author=Gflat post=52800725]Actually this is the right thing to do... No parent want their daughters to suffer from the hands of a broke boy. Let me share my thoughts in this.

Let's take this from the religious community: A woman is mostly believed to be soft hearted, an item of delicacy and someone you care for (Men are designed to care for women that is why they are referred to as the HEAD)

[/quot u think u have said something resonable guy u be MUMU
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by samsam2019: 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
Aregs:
They are just looking out for their daughter ni, they don't want her to suffer
arrant nonsense
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by samsam2019: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
Splinz:
Ask me that dumb question and see me walk out before your face!
lol I may not do that but I'll definitely break up with the girl
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by savanto: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
oshorstan:
When Someone who eats corn now wants to go out, you have rights of sense to think she will eat the chaff. The Question is 100% right, Its good the parents knows if the guy is capable. As a wealthy Man, will u give ur daughter to a poor & irresponsible man?

Stan Replies#

It is very wrong for the girl's mother to ask such an unintelligent question thinking that she was smart. A poor man is NOT a man without money in his pocket, but a man who has no VISION!

More than a fisherman has seen shrimps, I have seen the poor become exceedingly rich and I have also seen the super rich become very poor. A rich man could lose his wealth tomorrow and your daughter may become hungry just like a seemingly poor man could become rich tomorrow and your daughter would be the first beneficiary.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by oshorstan(m): 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
bettercreature:
You better don't try to ask such question,you will destroy the relationship before the wedding
I know some guy who won't even continue with the relationship

Then you're a child.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by NemzySeries(m): 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
parents and inlaws shd kw wen to draw d line joor...... d height dey can go is finding out wat he does for a living, were he stays (personal hauz/rent), educational qualifications & and orda small small background check not asking money related questions as if d guy is marrying deir for d post of an accountant
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
Just saw this on Facebook and will say the same thing.
The man in question should run with his tails between his legs grin The lady's parents are looking for poverty alleviation program or ATM machine. If at all they had any sense of dignity,they would have simply asked what the man does for a living and use their discretion to gauge his income or better still ask their daughter in private. Na wa for some parents sha! undecided
No shame at all lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by nathasha(f): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Yes! Absolutely wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by davidif: 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Aregs:
They are just looking out for their daughter ni, they don't want her to suffer

So they are looking for an ATM and not a son in law.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Harinholar(f): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
Absolutely wrong....Me as a lady sef is hard for me to ask how much my fiancee earns...not to talk abt my mum asking such question from him.....I wll tell him not answer sef if am sitting close to him..#lol#
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Jackossky(m): 12:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Gflat:

I Dont want your reply, all I need is for you to see this...

My orison is for me never to meet a female with such pessimistic ideology.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by GreatEngineer(m): 5:05am On Jan 15, 2017
The mother in law to be has no regards for that guy, in fact she has no confidence in the guy. I feel that is the reason she has the audacity to ask such a stupid question.

She could have asked what are you doing or were are you working and what are you doing there. She can also find out about the pay of the guy from our daughter in the secret, not to open mouth and ask the guy how much are you earning.
I would just tell her my salary is ok, so that I would not sound rude.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by ebby9z(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2017
ndcide:

If he earned 800k monthly and suddenly lost the job after marriage, will they still look out for their daughter?

You have sense jare. That's not looking out, that's greed, avarice and excessive materialism being executed through lack of grace, insolence and discourteousness.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by queensnow: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2017
You think so. What about mother in law that ask how much their daughter in law earns, it's vice versa
Mrnairalandd:
It's wrong

Trust me on this, your cousin is about to get himself into a family trap and he ll live to regret the decision of marrying that lady. You know why, that question alone reveals how that mother-in-law is and of course her relationship with her daughter.

If she is bold enough to ask your cousin that question, you can now imagine what his life ll look like after marriage.

The dude should be on the run by now...
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Omnitrix247(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2017
why on earth would they want to know what I earn ?

Is it their earn?
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Mrnairalandd: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2017
queensnow:
You think so. What about mother in law that ask how much their daughter in law earns, it's vice versa

It's what it's...it's wrong for her to ask such silly question. Period! You don't need a soothsayer to tell you how horrible that woman would turn out to be and of course bad influence on her daughter.

I have a similar experience but in different way. Thank God I got myself out of their claws.

We are talking about what happened not what you assumed.

If there is a topic like what you assumed, i ll equally deal with it like this.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by brownhawk: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2017
Justdulla:

Dont even single dare me. I will do it trust me except they dont want their daughter to get married.
you are on your own
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by queensnow: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
What I said is not base on assumption it happens..
Mrnairalandd:

It's what it's...it's wrong for her to ask such silly question. Period! You don't need a soothsayer to tell you how horrible that woman would turn out to be and of course bad influence on her daughter.

I have a similar experience but in different way. Thank God I got myself out of their claws.

We are talking about what happened not what you assumed.

If there is a topic like what you assumed, i ll equally deal with it like this.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by arsenic33(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Its more than wrong.... Runnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Mrnairalandd: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
queensnow:
What I said is not base on assumption it happens..

If that happens, then, it's wrong for any in-law(both fiancée and fiance) to ask such question.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by ArcToyin(m): 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
Gflat:

misleading message
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
Its wrong...even if they have the best interest in mind, they should have asked their daughter and not the guy.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by miracle75: 1:30am On Jun 02, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Savagery! (pix) / Things To Know Before Dating African Men / Tips For Talking To Women And Getting Their Attention!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.