Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly (9355 Views)

Photo: For Those Nigerians That Thinks Sympathizing With France Is Unpatriotic / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 1:56am On Nov 26, 2009
Na! That's not what I said. But we all know Yaradua was appointed and that's the truth, we can't hide from it.

the presidency was zoned to the north,after 8yrs of southern rule

that is how they do it in most complex countries like lebanon and even countries like malaysia where u have different ethnic groups and there is usually a gentlemans agreement to rotate the presidency

since it was zoned to the north,most parties produced a northern candidate

u have still not told me how buhari would have won in the south
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by steroid: 2:03am On Nov 26, 2009
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5486168-146/Yar%27Adua_admitted_in_Saudi_hospital_.csp

Pls he needs prayers irrespective of the fact that he hasn't done much.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by CyberG: 2:05am On Nov 26, 2009
Nigeria is being led around by the balls by Yaradua, his wife and corrupt hangers-on. Meanwhile, Nigeria is always in its pathetic underwear parading around like the fucking stupid pussbag that the entire country is. Any other reason why Nigerians are seen as pussies by everyone else in the world except them pussball playin selves??
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by TheSeeker(m): 2:08am On Nov 26, 2009
paddy_lo:

the presidency was zoned to the north,after 8yrs of southern rule

that is how they do it in most complex countries like lebanon and even countries like malaysia where u have different ethnic groups and there is usually a gentlemans agreement to rotate the presidency

since it was zoned to the north,most parties produced a northern candidate

u have still not told me how buhari would have won in the south
That explanation is why the North will NOT allow Jonathan to finish Yaradua's regime if anything happens to him, there's no other way we can have it, he will not finish his tenure for him.

I didn't say Buhari was going to win, did I? I just said in plain terms that the North will not let him (Jonathan) finish his boss' tenure no matter what the constitution says, now it's up to them to choose who they think will be the best candidate and indeed, we will have another worse candidate from there.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 2:11am On Nov 26, 2009
That explanation is why the North will NOT allow Jonathan to finish Yaradua's regime if anything happens to him, there's no other way we can have it, he will not finish his tenure for him.

I didn't say Buhari was going to win, did I? I just said in plain terms that the North will not let him (Jonathan) finish his boss' tenure no matter what the constitution says, now it's up to them to choose who they think will be the best candidate and indeed, we will have another worse candidate from there.

but there cannot be another election until 2yrs time,so jonathan must become president

and PDP is not the north,PDP have to respect the constitution,as they cannot bring someone unelected to rule this country

dont forget yar adua and jonathan goodluck were elected together

so your arguement does not hold water
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by theviper1: 2:17am On Nov 26, 2009
@paddy_lo, am beginning to see that u are mentally challenged.who is now ranting.from ur post that india have oil companies that holds foreign oil reserves to china having oil in the red sea or south whereever u call it and now to Fashola. dude,get a life. so is Fashola directing the fortunes of that state and turning it around from Sarajevo? stop spewing trash nigga. if u read what i said about  BRIC well,then u would have seen that u are millions of years away from this century.does India and China sell crude oil? the answer is no,so why did u bring that on.i said that Nigeria has the potential of being one of them as we sell oil and some of them doesnt. so u believe that am praying for yardua to die,why should i do that? he owes me nothing personally. bt then if  his time has come,he should die,am not going to die in his place bt if u wanna do that for him,then go right ahead.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by TheSeeker(m): 2:21am On Nov 26, 2009
paddy_lo:

but there cannot be another election until 2yrs time,so jonathan must become president

and PDP is not the north,PDP have to respect the constitution,as they cannot bring someone unelected to rule this country

dont forget yar adua and jonathan goodluck were elected together

so your arguement does not hold water
If you may wish to know, I'm not supporting the motion neither am I making it sound nice but we have to admit this is a lawless country where anything can happen. If a supposed candidate that wasn't found on the ballot paper until the election could have won an election and nothing is done about it, then don't be surprised that this can be overturned. Their argument is that Jonathan was voted in a vice president and will remain so for the eight years, and anything other than that is puncturing the already set out geographic political presidential rotation.

If another man is appointed from the North to step in for Yaradua, Jonathan will still be the vice president but will not complete his first tenure as it'd no more be 8 years for them but rather 6.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by TheSeeker(m): 2:22am On Nov 26, 2009
The Viper, I think you could do better than insult; can we be civil here please?
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Depilot(m): 2:26am On Nov 26, 2009
They wish Yaradua dead to finally have a president from the south.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 2:31am On Nov 26, 2009
If you may wish to know, I'm not supporting the motion neither am I making it sound nice but we have to admit this is a lawless country where anything can happen. If a supposed candidate that wasn't found on the ballot paper until the election could have won an election and nothing is done about it, then don't be surprised that this can be overturned. Their argument is that Jonathan was voted in a vice president and will remain so for the eight years, and anything other than that is puncturing the already set out geographic political presidential rotation.

If another man is appointed from the North to step in for Yaradua, Jonathan will still be the vice president but will not complete his first tenure as it'd no more be 8 years for them but rather 6.
here is what i think will happen,if something(god forbid),happens to our leader,jonathan will take over,but will have a northerner appointed as vice president,
this northerner might then be asked to run in 2011 and stay for 1 term
that is the most plausible thing to happen

The Viper, I think you could do better than insult; can we be civil here please?
i wonder why he is so worked up,we are talking a lot of hypotheticals here for now so calm down dude

They wish Yaradua dead to[b] finally[/b] have a president from the south.

but we just had one from the south for 8yrs,so whats the big deal,he only left 2yrs or so ago
u my friend are not making much sense right here with this statement
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by theviper1: 2:34am On Nov 26, 2009
@TheSeeker,u know me dude.i dont start things,bt i dont hide from things.the dude had a look at my post and decided that i was ranting. you know ofcourse who rants? ndi ara. so i am simply returning the damaged goods that he sold to me.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 2:37am On Nov 26, 2009
but we have to admit this is a lawless country where anything can happen

i wouldnt consider our country lawless

i will give u some examples

1.obasanjo wanted a 3rd term but could not get it due to pressure from the national assembly,he wanted to change the constitution but they did not budge and he had to go(mind u most african so called leaders rule for ever,from egypt to angola)
2.oshiomole,peter obi and a host of other governors had their elections validated and removed sitting governors who had stolen the election
3.EFCC is putting the likes of bode george in jail
4.Andy uba just lost in anambra state

the point is that it might be messy,but this is not military rule anymore over here,maybe u can say jonathan will be a figure head(thats another arguement altogether),but he will be sworn in if the unfortunate happens
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 2:43am On Nov 26, 2009
@TheSeeker,u know me dude.i dont start things,bt i dont hide from things.the dude had a look at my post and decided that i was ranting. you know ofcourse who rants? ndi ara. so i am simply returning the damaged goods that he sold to me.

your rants mean nothing to me,u might as well hit your head on the wall in frustration because there is nothing like hurt feelings online

i am not being rude now just letting u know that your blood pressure rising and making internet threats and curses is only affecting u not me

u the one getting all emotional,i might as well be getting a massage and relaxing as am typing this while u getting all worked up

its not a smart thing to do
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by TheSeeker(m): 2:53am On Nov 26, 2009
paddy_lo:

here is what i think will happen,if something(god forbid),happens to our leader,jonathan will take over,but will have a northerner appointed as vice president,
this northerner might then be asked to run in 2011 and stay for 1 term
that is the most plausible thing to happen

i wonder why he is so worked up,we are talking a lot of hypotheticals here for now so calm down dude

but we just had one from the south for 8yrs,so whats the big deal,he only left 2yrs or so ago
That is what I think should happen or they should swear him in and he chooses his deputy personally, which of course will have to be approved by the national assembly.
the viper:

It's ok. Forget it, you may as well have read too much into it. Just ignore, sorry!
paddy_lo:

i wouldnt consider our country lawless

i will give u some examples

1.obasanjo wanted a 3rd term but could not get it due to pressure from the national assembly,he wanted to change the constitution but they did not budge and he had to go(mind u most african so called leaders rule for ever,from egypt to angola)
2.oshiomole,peter obi and a host of other governors had their elections validated and removed sitting governors who had stolen the election
3.EFCC is putting the likes of bode george in jail
4.Andy uba just lost in anambra state

the point is that it might be messy,but this is not military rule anymore over here,maybe u can say jonathan will be a figure head(thats another arguement altogether),but he will be sworn in if the unfortunate happens
I think OBJ was mainly refused the third term bid by the majority of the northerners who are abundant in the house along with some south eastern and south southern members. However, it was a good step in the right direction of democracy.

Oshiomole and Obi having their rightful mandates back was a miracle or should I say, the law being allowed to operate without manipulation, and in fact, was very interesting the way the case went. But I still have to maintain that there are more illegally elected governors, local government chairmen, councilors, senators, representatives, in office than those two people. We need to achieve more.

Bode George in my opinion fell out of favor of some other political powers higher than him. He's not the first and won't be the last. Ibori is still walking down the streets of Nigeria and serving at the Federal capacity without being dutifully questioned.

Andy Uba losing in Anambra state was a surprise but then again, Anambra state may be as stubborn as Lagos in that the political tussle there will always result in a mess if not managed properly.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Depilot(m): 2:54am On Nov 26, 2009
@paddy_lo: that message was not for you, therefore, it's ok if you didn't get
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by theviper1: 3:07am On Nov 26, 2009
is that what u think, why should i get worked up over yardua`s assumed death? the man died long ago,only that pple like u failed to realise that. my blood pressure is working normal dude.maybe as u are getting a massage,am getting my 3rd leg wetted by some sweet 16. hw about that for relaxation? so u can go ahead and rant or jump in front of a fast moving train cos u think that i want a dead man dead. go sit down 4 gutter jare.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 26, 2009
SO HE'S DEAD?!!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all, mines sure will be happy.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by bawomolo(m): 4:28am On Nov 26, 2009
save some turkey for me.

hold up, why are we talking about thanksgiving when a man is dying.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 26, 2009
Sure will.

Reason to give thanks. He passed on to a *cough* better place, Nigeria hopefully gets a better pressy
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:38am On Nov 26, 2009
did he really die or are you people being sarcastic?

@ topic
ungodly? unpatriotic? what has that man done for anyone? LMFAO!!
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by sjeezy8: 4:38am On Nov 26, 2009
I DOUBT IT the powers that be will CHOOSE  another one. The only fault that yaradua has is that hes not playing by the rules as every african leader is expected. Yaradua isn't a bad guy but the guy is tryin to change things(morally) tooo fast in Naija.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 4:52am On Nov 26, 2009
@ topic
ungodly? unpatriotic? what has that man done for anyone? LMFAO!!

in all seriousness he has managed to solve the niger delta crises

everyone says he is a good person

he doesnt seem to believe in being flashy and stealing money u dont need for generations

i personally like the dude,nigeria is a very tough place to govern

ask ibb,ask abacha,ask obasanjo

just u amaka,imagine if u were president of nairaland alone,talkless of nigeria

u would have either turned a dictator banning people left and right or just get frustrated with the job

its not easy,pray for him,all will be well
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:56am On Nov 26, 2009
IS HE DEAD OR NOT?
dont play with my emotions oooo.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by chiogo(f): 4:59am On Nov 26, 2009
FL Gators:

SO HE'S DEAD?!!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all, mines sure will be happy.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, my dear!!!! It sure would be a happy one. grin
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by paddylo1(m): 5:00am On Nov 26, 2009
IS HE DEAD OR NOT?
dont play with my emotions oooo.

he is alive,(only god decides when we go,and we all will someday)

i just dont like all the gloating am seeing here, how can ppl gloat at something they can never escape themselves no matter what

think about it,

when your time comes i hope u are not lonely or laughed at too(@ everyone)
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by sjeezy8: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2009
yaraduas fault is that hes naive
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2009
chiogo:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, my dear!!!! It sure would be a happy one.  grin
Chiogoooooooooooooooooooooo kiss kiss kiss
Hey babes, finally home?
I can tell. . . .

Same to you grin
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by jookco(m): 5:03am On Nov 26, 2009
I don't wish this man died, but NOTE this , this man is leading more than One Hundred and Fourty Million People, Nigeria need a mvibrant President, this is not just a matter of being sincere.

President Obama woke up too early in the morning the day North Korea test their missile, this thing need energy.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 26, 2009
jookco:

President Obama woke up too early in the morning the day North Korea test their missile, this thing need energy.
And so. . . .?

I woke up too early in the morning to cook eba and egusi soup. So no be energy abi?
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by chiogo(f): 5:10am On Nov 26, 2009
FL Gators:

Chiogoooooooooooooooooooooo kiss kiss kiss
Hey babes, finally home?
I can tell. . . .

Same to you grin
Gatoooooooooooors kiss kiss kiss how's it feel being home?
Yup, yup, I'm home!!! Been away only 2 months but it feels so different.
So happy to be with la familia.
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 26, 2009
Hey, am just happy to meet home cooked meals and looking forward to the dried hard baked turkey cheesy
Re: Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly by smoothine: 5:56am On Nov 26, 2009
@depilot u are deranged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering / #Twitterban: Hackers Leak And Deface Social Network Websites Of Adamu Garba / NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.