Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (32250 Views)

Graduate Job Recruitment In An Integrated Logistics Company -ond/hnd/bsc Holder / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by greggng: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Forget ur bsc go back to farm
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by UgChris(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Justnora:
You said you are leaving alone you have to consider alot like your house rent,transportation, feeding etc. Even as a single guy dating yourself 40k is small.

Salary for a graduate should be in hundreds not thousands but due to the wicked nature of Nigerian employers and unemployment in Nigeria they offer small change with heavy workload.

You ended up not advising him. Nigerian Economy is one where those at the top want to remain there even at death. It makes it difficult for our young graduates to have a well paid job.

At the Op, you should make due with the pay for a start. I once did a job with salary of 20k as a fresh graduate at Gbagada with one Insurance company before God opened my way to where I am today. I believe there could be other incentives that may come your way to boost that pay. A lot of people are on that amount as their Basic Pay but with incentives more than 60k at the end of the month.

When the desirable is not available to help you, you make the available desirable to sustain you. Just get started and you will hammer one day

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
Skmoda360:

common driver is earning more than 50k per month who is just school cert holder n primary school certificate holder, op thats way too small man.

It depends bro. Some graduate drivers too earn 30k per month
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by okon37: 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yes. My first job was #40,000 in a shipping firm in apapa where I did my NYSC. Even including master degree holders ohh. Experience matter
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by LockDown69(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Guy I have worked for far less than that when I graduated, I did it to gain experience and to step out of the house, @ that point I spend 3 times what I get in a month. Swallow your pride and start somewhere even if you have folks that take care of you, there's pride in earning your own dough.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by dee02(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
You have got to start somewhere... I worked for one year without pay after my first degree!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Bowwow11(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
well my advice to u is to gladly accept dat offer nd den use it as a steping stone to build ur carreer so many pipul ar looking for dis opportunity dat u av now
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
seguno2:

May God bless you.
Are you sure that you are a Nigerian?
Just asking. Lol.

Yes my brother. I'm a bona fide Nigerian. Actually, I observed that the bane of poverty, unemployment and underemployment in our country stems from the wrong fundamental philosophy majority professes.

A people that mistakes conceit and treachery for smartness, and abhors altruism but embraces opportunism has a long way to go and may never achieve self-realization and progress that usually follows it.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by nedman77: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
You should accept it, though its poor but it is a starting point while you wait for the 6 figure salaries. I joined a telco after finishing my masters in the UK as a call center agent in 2009 when there was no one employing and there was serious global recession. It wasn't easy then as i was earning on 63k and the work was tedious but i persevered and today God has blessed me. Since then, I have had 3 promotions and i earn more than 300k after tax in the same company. So start, work-hard, believe in God and yourself and see where God will take you in the years to come. From here you can attend interviews to other companies where you can then showcase your skills and who knows what will happen instead of staying at home and accumulating so much gaps in your CV which you would struggle to explain when the opportunity for interview comes your way.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Roy11: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Kondomatic:
Yes. To get working experience.

It's very important while searching for other jobs.

what if the job doesnt give u time to search for other jobs?

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by zinaunreal(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Do we need to answer this question? This stupid question? Stay home and fry
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by advanceDNA: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
There ar pple earning more than 40k with a Bsc certificate though, so there's nothing really wrong with aiming higher with ur take home package ....but really, Hunger neva fire u wella...u might not have a lot to save but u will survive, live life so far u aint an extravagant dude and still have some change to take care of ur babe..
a job doesn't only only put food on ur table..but also remove the psychological trauma of being jobless....

so unless u have something else doing giving u something close to 40k and that gives u satisfaction....u better go an take the job before I report u to God for being ungrateful

3 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Roy11: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
if the job is flexible...y not?

flexible in a way u could do other things while doing the job...if it is gonna take all ur time, i think u shd think twice..

before u start, go to work with an undated resignation letter everyday.....plan ur exit. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Roy11: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
raindrop99:
Should a Bsc holder accept a job of 40k.
Though he is single and living alone. Will 40k be enough for a graduate

if the job is flexible...y not?

flexible in a way u could do other things while doing the job...if it is gonna take all ur time, i think u shd think twice..

before u start, go to work with an undated resignation letter everyday.....plan ur exit. Goodluck
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by onward4life(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
raindrop99:

That amount is its not too much sef.

Menh thats two bag of Rice for one person ooo
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by anitank(f): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
I started wth exact same salary after NYSC 2013. One year later things changed for the better. Don't despise little beginnings, it's only a stepping stone for better things to come

3 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by ambrosini593(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
It must not always be huge salary from the beginning my brother. As a brother I will advise you to go for it. From there you will start knowing people and expanding your search. Before you know it the big offer will come.
Staying at home won't help but when you start working, you will start knowing people. Your company's clients, customers, businessmen and woman etc. Just take the 40k offer as a stepping stone and you will smile in no time.
I also understand the present economy situation, cut your coat according to your size. Reduce your expenses and live within your budget.
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by dharmiedrums(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
forget spending habit. 40k is never enough undecided
IamTheMask:
My dear it all depends on your spending habit

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by chidiadivictor(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
You can only reject the job offer if and only if the work site/office is at sambisa forest.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by PStacks(m): 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
raindrop99:

that his BSc needs to be questioned.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by africanusvu(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
raindrop99:
,Your question shld be;PLS DID ANY ONE HAV A JOB OF 40K FOR BSC HOLDER? ok?

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by nextstep(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Well, he can do 1 of three things:

Accept the job. Try to find means to get to work cheaply. Spend wisely and keep looking. But the salary cheap sha.

2. Start a business. Akara seller can make more than 40k if you're serious

3. Go to village and start farming. Cost of living is low, plus you will always have customers.

All of the above is better than wasting your days earning 0k while you're waiting for your dream job.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by 2el(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
Some state govt pay lower than that sef...
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by wizkidblogger(f): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
Trayoralas:
Many so called graduates in my area happily accept a teaching job of 20k and didnt u see d way people are crazy about NPOWER 30k and you are here saying yeye words.

no mind am. he should drop the job details and see how people go rush am...lol
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by phemygee(m): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
My first job as a graduate was 30k monthly for the period of 6months or there about but now it is more than times three of what it used to be.

Despise not the days of thy little beginning but unfortunately majority of us don't want to start small which some people will bring up arguments why they can't collect such at start.

There is nothing bad in accepting such offer at the beginning.

"God will bless the works of thine hand".... he doesn't bless an idle man who refuses to collect 40k monthly income.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by NotNairalandi(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

cheesy cheesy grin grin...

Allow the guy joor. You wan give am another Job?

I remember when I was earning 50... after month end.. I was owing instead of saving.

I no drink.. I no chase woman.. where was the money going to?

I don't trust salaries again. Employers dey put juju inside cheesy cheesy

Abeg who get Job for me... make him dash me joor cheesy
guy you be confirm idio t! grin grin
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Coldfeets: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Forget that BSC title because it is complete rubbish and accept that job immediately!!! shocked
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
I wount blame u. Because u lack ethics..
olihilistic:

guy everything about you is a lie from wrong coupon to a salary you are receiving in your lunatic dreams.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by africanusvu(m): 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
Frankly.from my experience as an employer of labour.a fresh nigeria graduate is not worth 40k salary.especialy those that graduated bw 2011-2016.notin in their brain.

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by sagir1994(m): 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bros u funny oo.. For this recession, the question should have been where can a graduate get a job of 40k in a month..
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by NaijaFutbol: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
Buhari employing graduates through N-power are giving them 30k.

Ask him if the graduates should take it or not...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / UBA 2017 Graduate Entry-level Teller Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.