Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (32252 Views)

Graduate Job Recruitment In An Integrated Logistics Company -ond/hnd/bsc Holder / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by karleone(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
proeast:
What?? Is the going to give him wardrope allowance, credit his phone, feed him, rent & other miscellenous expenses or will the 10k balance cover all that? If the op living in Lagos & is goint to spent anywere close to 1k per day on TF alone, then he should not take the job!
He should not take job and remain at home??

Taking the job does not necessarily mean it's a lifetime thing. He can hold on to that and keep looking for jobs. At least, he's sure of 40k at the end of the month.

Op, better weigh your options before your final decision
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by proeast(m): 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
karleone:

He should not take job and remain at home??

Taking the job does not necessarily mean it's a lifetime thing. He can hold on to that and keep looking for jobs. At least, he's sure of 40k at the end of the month.

Op, better weigh your options before your final decision
I repeat, if he is residing in Lagos & would have to spend up to 1k per day on TF, then the job is not worth it. It is modern day slavery and he would end up becoming frustrated as the days goes by. If he is the hard working type who is not ashamed to do certain types of work, there are odd jobs he can be doing that would earn him far more than that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by nacozee: 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
OgidiOlu3:

Wait, what?!
He means graduates shud get paid N400 not N40,000 hehe
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by abbey72(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
its not bad, at least for a start considering current Nigeria economy. but depend on?
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Izen: 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chukwumeremeze:

By the grace of God, i work in a multinational financial institution. I needn't tabulate my monthly take home as it's six-zero, with an even number as the first digit.

But my first job as a Bsc holder was 25k monthly, and it lasted a year. Life and career is progressive, and a whole lot is necessary to making it worthwhile.
There is more to work than just earning high and missing the very little things that would count in a later time.

i believe you can decode my message.

KPMG?
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by ewen: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Where r u based?? Reply my quote, lemme c what I can do

please also help me sir. I base in benin and i lost my former job.I will gladly accept it.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Topman0001(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Justnora:
You said you are leaving alone you have to consider alot like your house rent,transportation, feeding etc. Even as a single guy dating yourself 40k is small.

Salary for a graduate should be in hundreds not thousands but due to the wicked nature of Nigerian employers and unemployment in Nigeria they offer small change with heavy workload.
u make me think you have a job to offer him. I hope you'll pay him in hundreds of thousand. I was expecting something like "manage it for the main time because an idle hand is the devil's workshop." No wonder there're robbery, rituals, frauds and kidnapping everywhere.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Dankamaru(m): 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
raindrop99:
Should a Bsc holder accept a job of 40k.
Though he is single and living alone. Will 40k be enough for a graduate
Different strokes for different folks...
I have been on public payroll for 20 years now and my monthly salary isn't up to 40k, here is somebody, already weighing an option on an amount that many consider as huge (considering present economic climate).
GODEY!
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by adekhingz(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
ahead

ahead
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by lukency(m): 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
He should stay at home and be a liability to his family.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Ugosample(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
africanusvu:
Frankly.from my experience as an employer of labour.a fresh nigeria graduate is not worth 40k salary.especialy those that graduated bw 2011-2016.notin in their brain.

You don't mean it shocked shocked

Tell me more, like why you think that way
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Ugosample(m): 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
coveredchic:
Exactly my situation. No value added whatsoever.
Like you cannot add your teaching experience to your CV?
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Eaglesence: 1:17am On Jan 17, 2017
Chukwumeremeze:

Chei!!! Bros, no be so oooh! grin

Anyways, you may just see a random inflow. cool

To God be the Glory!

Ewoooo daalu oo thank you feri much but u no ask me ma full name na, abi make we talk am for camera?? grin grin
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by diva90: 2:41am On Jan 17, 2017
Better than Nothing! Accept it and look for better options. So many pple would die to be in your position now
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by africanusvu(m): 3:53am On Jan 17, 2017
Ugosample:

You don't mean it shocked shocked

Tell me more, like why you think that way
,Not the way i think.but thats the way it is.they ar UNEMPLOYABLE
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by jessyb: 6:19am On Jan 17, 2017
Richlife Logistics and Commercial Limited is recruiting Client Service Officers in its Real Estate firm.
Qualification: OND, NCE, Bsc
Salary: 100k
Deadline: February 1st
Send your CV to rich life recruitment agnail.com with HR Gbemisola as the subject
For Lagos residents only
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by akira1991(m): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2017
NO don't accept a job of 40k eeeh, a Bsc. Holder should create job opportunities for wassce holders period
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Abimbex007: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2017
karleone:

Do you mean to say "Crayon"
No Sir.. I mean to say Cray-off tongue tongue grin
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by ebby9z(m): 11:47am On Jan 17, 2017
africanusvu:
Frankly.from my experience as an employer of labour.a fresh nigeria graduate is not worth 40k salary.especialy those that graduated bw 2011-2016.notin in their brain.
Don't generalize, sir. Don't.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Lashmam: 5:16am On Jan 18, 2017
No, In urban area
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by ify84(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Where r u based?? Reply my quote, lemme c what I can do

Owerri, imo state.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by ify84(m): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2017
DarkHenrie:
Wow! 25k with wife and Pikin for this economy? You definitely have support from somewhere...

Lol. Job is 8 to 4...no time left to hustle.. . But we try to still enter streets, like extra mural centres to see if we can get anything.. but na usually change
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by adejone(m): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2017
I am a fresh graduate of economics, after weeks of searching for job while helping my friend in his business, just recently I got an offer of 25k monthly, I don't despise it though, but I believe it a starting point, every successful man today has a story and a beginning, you never can tell what tomorrow will be. See this as an opportunity to prepare for the big offer. Mind you, I work 7 to 7, Monday to Saturday
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by adekhingz(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
Pl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 / UBA 2017 Graduate Entry-level Teller Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.