Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (32256 Views)

Graduate Job Recruitment In An Integrated Logistics Company -ond/hnd/bsc Holder / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Olumyyde(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
My story, a year after NYSC I got a job in a hotel in kaduna state with a pay of 22,052, with gratitude I accepted d job, I only worked for a month before I got a better offer in a microfinance bank, now I work with d government with a pay four times d hotel job salary. I'm still aiming high. Have faith in GOD, don't despise d 40k, instead show gratitude, n see how u rise. GOD bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Chukwumeremeze(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Realfiness:

wonderful inspiration and motivation from you, thank you. pls am searching for job. can you help out?

My bro, I really can't assist for now.

I would suggest you always check up hotn!gerianjobs.com it is a sure website to get genuine latest jobs.

I actually saw and applied for published openings with regards to my present place of work.

Solely based on Merit and God's divine mercy. Keep on pushing on bro, God will never stop helping those who trust in Him.

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by iambijo(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nigerian over estimate the class of degree, if you want a big salary, you've to earn it.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Look at this scenario:

Assume that the opportunity shows up, after a year, for you to land your dream job and you want to prove to your employer that you have what it takes to move the organization forward using an analogy of 2 different cars below :

Which is more reliable to use when planning a trip, a car parked at home for a year or the one that has been functioning for the last one year? Think like an interviewer!!!

A word is enough...

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
ify84:
My current job na 25k.. With wife and pikin self... Very annoying to me but have no option for the now... So, 40k, single, doing guy, u are on ur own

Where r u based?? Reply my quote, lemme c what I can do
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Chukwumeremeze(m): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
Diiverexii:
40k isn't d problem, d problem is not having a good spending habit,

do me a favour, save 20k out of dat 40 e very month, I know its hard but try, pay ur tithe, d remains, use half for transport, d oda half for feeding , manage very well nd u will enjoy ur 40k, is not everyday u will be eating chicken, supplement with crayfish and ponmo, before dey say my own too much #lols...send me an email, motunaj@gmail.com, I will show u aw u can be rich with d 40k

You are a 'wifey' in the making!

And I find this your advice below sublime:

Save 20k out of that 40k every month, I know its hard but just try. Pay your tithe, then out of the remainder, use halve for transport and the other halve for feeding, manage very well and you will enjoy your 40k kiss

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by maxwell767(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
MChaze25:

not everyone co-habits like you do pls

Who be this one... ? undecided

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Pennywise(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
@OP,

When viewed on the basis of demand and supply a BSc degree in todays's Nigeria is technically not worth 40k/mth (maybe 40k in 2mths).

Having said that, should a BSc holder stay at home and do nothing with zero income at the end of the month?
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by tosyne2much(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
On a very serious note, that salary is too small but since there's no other choice wetin person wan do?
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Realfiness(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chukwumeremeze:

My bro, I really can't assist for now.

I would suggest you always check up hotn!gerianjobs.com it is a sure website to get genuine latest jobs.

I actually saw and applied for published openings with regards to my present place of work.

Solely based on Merit and God's divine mercy. Keep on pushing on bro, God will never stop helping those who trust in Him.

Ok thanks a bunch.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by akanbiaa(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
If you don't have alternative and have bills to cater for do you really have a choice ? But if you can handle your financial needs thru legitimate hustling/business then you can be choosy of Job.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by akanbiaa(m): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Olumyyde:
My story, a year after NYSC I got a job in a hotel in kaduna state with a pay of 22,052, with gratitude I accepted d job, I only worked for a month before I got a better offer in a microfinance bank, now I work with d government with a pay four times d hotel job salary. I'm still aiming high. Have faith in GOD, don't despise d 40k, instead show gratitude, n see how u rise. GOD bless you.
I have once worked in a school that pays graduate 30k in Abuja and they will still exploit you for they keep changing teachers frequently and changing terms and condition. The worse things about them is.
1. They deduct from salary if they feel like mostly starting from a week salary value for flimsy reason or no reason
2. They make sure you are overworked and have no time and they also try to trap you with any flimsy mistake or fault or just frustrate you
3. They like owning at least a month or 2 their plan is to reduce shock if Teachers leave without warning since many are leaving.
4. They still do dirtly deals like not paying FIRS tax but bribing some officials
5. They admit students that is way below the class intellectually to be in class and if such students don't perform miracles in exams that's 1 month salary deduction from Teacher whose subject is concerned.
6. Average of 22 periods in a week and some Teachers Teach upto 3 Subjects from JSS1 to SSS3.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by walexsho(m): 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bro, You need to consider a lot before taking that Job.
Will the Job add value to your Credential...
From experience, After NYSC Feb 2014 I was at home for 7 months, Out of desperation I took up a Teaching Job of 26k with the hope I'll get a better offer, I didn't Study Educational course in school but switched to Educational line, After 2 years 2months of Teaching I decided to resign knowing I'm only killing myself cos age is no longer on my side and the Job has not added value to my career except I want to remain a Teacher all my life.
I've resigned and searching for Job but they have been telling me I do not have the required Experience... So painful that I've wasted 2 years of my career life

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by DeBlessedOne(m): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
johnime:

Will being jobless pay your rent, marry, build your own house and woo a chick? There lies the answer to the question

Dnt put "marry" and "wooing a chick" in the same sentence dude!
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Tobycharles: 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

cheesy cheesy grin grin...

Allow the guy joor. You wan give am another Job?

I remember when I was earning 50... after month end.. I was owing instead of saving.

I no drink.. I no chase woman.. where was the money going to?

I don't trust salaries again. Employers dey put juju inside cheesy cheesy

Abeg who get Job for me... make him dash me joor cheesy

U just cracked me up, b like say uncles n aunt still dey send am stipends, just a matter of time before d realities of life sets in, then u know nobody owes u anything ones u dawn with first degree....
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by walexsho(m): 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chukwumeremeze:

Save 20k out of that 40k every month, I know its hard but just try. Pay your tithe, then out of the remainder, use halve for transport and the other halve for feeding, manage very well and you will enjoy your 40k kiss

She is really a mathematician, her calculation will probably work out if it were to be in Osun state, Ibadan, Saki, and other villages..
Calculate feeding cost in a month for someone in Lag ... assume #700 per day
Calculate the Transport cost in a month Assume #500 per day.
forget other cost and see what you have as savings by the end of the month.
don't need to look good to office: haircut Shirts shoes
may live under the bridge or manage in police barracks

2 Likes

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Diiverexii(f): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chukwumeremeze:

lol
thanks

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by 1stdammy: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
When me I gladly accept a 21k job in this recession time. Oh boy e b like say u still dey get one monthly stipend frm somewhere.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Omojymoh(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
if u still sitting at home doing nothing is better u go for it...
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by kibra4u(m): 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
raindrop99:
Should a Bsc holder accept a job of 40k.
Though he is single and living alone. Will 40k be enough for a graduate
Haba haba for wetin na. Wait for 100k job, you go soon see just be patient. grin
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
dharmiedrums:
forget spending habit. 40k is never enough undecided

This answer is based on your spending habit
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Pinkieblue(f): 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
Apply Now For Financial Planner/Markerting Executive Job At Cornerstone Insurance Plc. Cornerstone Insurance Plc is the first insurance company in Nigeria to provide customers with an online platform for insurance transactions.

Little wonder why Cornerstone Insurance Plc. was adjudged as the ‘Best Use of IT in Insurance Service’ 2013, by the Financial Technology Magazine and also Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry Awards for ‘Best Online Insurance Company of the Year’ 2015 to name a few.

In line with our growth and expansion plan, we require energetic, result oriented, self-motivated and focused individuals to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Financial Planner/Markerting Executive
Requirements

We are seeking for highly self motivated individuals with OND/NCE/HND/B.sc as financial planner/Marketing Executives.
Successful candidates would be trained to offer our wide range of product and services to both old and exiting customers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: bucherecruitment@gmail.com ... Please forward this message to help those in need of a job. Thank you
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by dsocioemmy(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Deep down with you, you know you are not suppose to ask such question. See eh, most of this b.sc certificate is just too overrated. Do you know what it means to get a job of 40k now? Well, if you think you are too big for such, i suggest you start using your intellect and talent in creating a job for yourself.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by Kbraims(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
op ar u realy askn dis question
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by eboiga(f): 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
No be lie ooo. I had same experience with my former colleagues. All of us must borrow money.
BiafranBushBoy:

Q
cheesy cheesy grin grin...

Allow the guy joor. You wan give am another Job?

I remember when I was earning 50... after month end.. I was owing instead of saving.

I no drink.. I no chase woman.. where was the money going to?

I don't trust salaries again. Employers dey put juju inside cheesy cheesy

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by zubby29(m): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
ikorodureporta:

wait till u enta 3yrs@ home, when yr degree start to depreciate with age....by then na where to dey just go stay even without pay u go dey fynd....
hahahahaha.funny but true
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by iAreMozelle(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
This is laughable...lol you see 40k with BSc you no happy? And you're even single...my brother don't accept...people who know the vadue of having a 40k job will jump at it
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by femi4: 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Justnora:
You said you are leaving alone you have to consider alot like your house rent,transportation, feeding etc. Even as a single guy dating yourself 40k is small.

Salary for a graduate should be in hundreds of thousands not thousands but due to the wicked nature of Nigerian employers and unemployment in Nigeria they offer small change with heavy workload.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by proeast(m): 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
ikorodureporta:

even if u'r spending 1k per day as we spend mostly in Lag trans....10k+ gain no b somtin?
What?? Is the company going to give him wardrope allowance, credit his phone, feed him, rent & other miscellenous expenses or will the 10k balance cover all that? If the op is living in Lagos & is goint to spend anywere close to 1k per day on TF alone, then he should not take the job!

1 Like

Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by coveredchic(f): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
walexsho:
Bro, You need to consider a lot before taking that Job.
Will the Job add value to your Credential...
From experience, After NYSC Feb 2014 I was at home for 7 months, Out of desperation I took up a Teaching Job of 26k with the hope I'll get a better offer, I didn't Study Educational course in school but switched to Educational line, After 2 years 2months of Teaching I decided to resign knowing I'm only killing myself cos age is no longer on my side and the Job has not added value to my career except I want to remain a Teacher all my life.
I've resigned and searching for Job but they have been telling me I do not have the required Experience... So painful that I've wasted 2 years of my career life
Exactly my situation. No value added whatsoever.
Re: Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? by karleone(m): 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Abimbex007:
You're crayyy grin grin
Do you mean to say "Crayon"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / UBA 2017 Graduate Entry-level Teller Recruitment / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.