Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694641 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sunshine087: 1:55am On Feb 12, 2017
To the honorable gurus in this grt house. Please I need someone who can help me pay my sevis fee this week @ a vry considerable rate. Please help a brother.

My 1st comment ever on this thread. Gurus help me out o

@Lagosismyhome
@Walspring
@imperiouxx and others

Happy Sunday to us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 2:06am On Feb 12, 2017
mcjendol:

It shows on phone too,where the view botton is next to it is the download button.
I downloaded mine.o n phone

After your result came out, you were able to download your score report immediately or after how many days?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jyemsta(m): 2:20am On Feb 12, 2017
sunshine087:
To the honorable gurus in this grt house. Please I need someone who can help me pay my sevis fee this week @ a vry considerable rate. Please help a brother.

@Lagosismyhome
@Wawlspring
@imperiouxx and others

Happy Sunday to us all.
Pm texrem, he might help out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 2:31am On Feb 12, 2017
dazzy2:
Hello house pls and pls I need urgent response Andorra as to know were am standing
I have just applied for an admission in a school in the us, but Uniben is still delaying my transcript hopefullly it will be sent along with my application on friday
Now the question is will I have to pay my school fees b4 am given visa?
Will I be asked for evidence of school fees payment at the embassy b4 am given visa?
If the school realease my i-20 form is that a guarantee I will be issued visa?
Pls I need urgent reply

Your i-20 doesn't guarantee you a visa. I-20 na just doc. Its only God and yourself that will get you the visa. So take chilling water and prepare for the task ahead.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 3:33am On Feb 12, 2017
sunshine087:

@Lagosismyhome
@Walspring
@imperiouxx and others

Happy Sunday to us all.

Send me PM I need naira .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 3:59am On Feb 12, 2017
GreenMavro:
Hello House,My Uncle in US wants me to relocate dere, am wondering which visa will allow me to relocate, am looking at getting the 2year visa then when I get dere is can start schooling and processa student visa ova dere. or if I get the 2years visa will I be leave after 2years?.am a graduate, single and currently working!I need the house advice please.

To relocate, you need an immigrant visa. I hope you know you need to have a solid profile to be granted relocation to U.S? Has your uncle filed a green card or citizenship for you? If not, then the embassy will likely tell you you have no business in U.S. A cheap 2 years visa would be to apply for B1/B2 (visiting visa). Visitor visa is non immigrant visa, so you're not considered someone relocating. Also, it's hard to get it converted to student visa once you're in U.S. To get it converted, you would be referred back home to apply for a student visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dazzy2(f): 6:50am On Feb 12, 2017
Walspring:

You don't need to pay school visa before visa is granted at the US embassy, just go ahead and pay your visa fee with sevis fee and then go ahead to fill your ds160 and book appointment for your visa interview

Yes you will be asked but it depend on the VO who will interview you asking for your financial statement

Getting an I20 doesn't guarantee visa because you need to prove yourself in your interview with the intention of going to US to study as a student for your visa to be granted

Thank you very muchfor your contribution,
Is there any thing(book,articule. Etc) dat you recommend I read b4 my interview date to help me prepare well, I also read a lot of comment abt GRe and toefl exams are they important for the interview? Because it seems everyone on this thread is writting one exam or the other
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2017
Gtb @320 limit $100/monthly
Access @325 limit $200/monthly

strictlynaija:
Guys, which Nigerian bank has the best Dollar to NGN exchange rate?

Also, what is the monthly foreign transaction limit on GTB Master Cards?

Urgent response pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sunshine087: 8:11am On Feb 12, 2017
Timi1990:

Send me PM I need naira .
Sent.... Expecting ur reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sunshine087: 8:16am On Feb 12, 2017
@texrem

Welcome back bro. We've been expecting you. Just snt u a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello There can someone put me through on how to send PM to a person on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by wealth360: 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello house. Right now am suppose to be rejoicing about am GRE result.
I got to the centre dis morning at JKK house. Registration started and unfortunately for me I didn't go with my Intl passport only went there with driver licence and receipt of my Passport submission to CIC. So I tot I would be let in to write. Mehn they didn't allow us ooooo. We are like 4 in number. It Wass very painful becos of the time,energy and the money spent on it.

I know it's my fault but e get why.
Hapy Sunday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 2:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
Click on the person's name, it will take you to his profile. Then you will see "send an email to kokoboy4life" example. Click and then OK to send the email.

kokoboy4life:
Hello There can someone put me through on how to send PM to a person on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:
I got to the centre dis morning at JKK house. Registration started and unfortunately for me I didn't go with my Intl passport only went there with driver licence and receipt of my Passport submission to CIC. So I tot I would be let in to write. Mehn they didn't allow us ooooo. We are like 4 in number. It Wass very painful becos of the time,energy and the money spent on it.

Hapy Sunday

Sorry to read this .....

i would expect driving licence to be a valid form of ID because i remember using driving licence for GMAT because my passport had expired except if the rules have been changed ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:

Hapy Sunday

I'm sorry about that. The only approved ID for test takers in Nigeria is the international passport. It's on ETS website.
Don't brood over it for too long. Just think of it as a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:

Hapy Sunday
Omo, God dey. But this is not too judge you o, didn't read the ID requirements?
The first thing I did even before registering was to read their terms and conditions....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Scholastica16: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:

Hapy Sunday

I am sorry for your loss or is it Walspring's? Nairaland has an active GRE thread where information such as this can be learned to prevent eventualities- the type you are ruing now. We have had others who made the same mistake in the past and they shared their experiences with us so I am hoping you would find time to not only learn from the thread, but to contribute by sharing your own experience with us- including this painful one. Cheers.

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/186#53572314

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Scholastica16: 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
sshola:

Thanks bro. He is doing masters. Can you please suggest some schools to him, apart from Kansas State University, where he can get funding? Thanks sir

msinus.com tell him to look it up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by wealth360: 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Sorry to read this .....

i would expect driving licence to be a valid form of ID because i remember using driving licence for GMAT because my passport had expired except if the rules have been changed ...

My sister. Dats wat we pleaded for but I think d rules has changed. Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Sorry to read this .....

International passport has always been the only proof of ID. The only exception there is, if your international passport is expired(which you have to come with) they would need another valid government issued ID(drivers license or state ID). It ou don't come with your international passport, you won't be allowed to write the exam.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:

Even if you plead from now till next year you won't be allowed. You would have to come with your international passport. They know right from the very start that our drivers license issuance is porous and people don't acquire it through the legal approved route they are used to.

The next thing you should think of now is how you get your voucher to reschedule. This might take some weeks. But should incase you need guidelines I can drop a hint.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
dazzy2:
Hello house pls and pls I need urgent response Andorra as to know were am standing
I have just applied for an admission in a school in the us, but Uniben is still delaying my transcript hopefullly it will be sent along with my application on friday
Will I be asked for evidence of school fees payment at the embassy b4 am given visa?
Pls I need urgent reply
good now all you have to do is wait for yo be admitted after admittance you'll be sent your I-20 form which will be used for SEVIS registeration and payment which cost $200 then you'll pay your visa application fee of #54,400 @ gtbank,fill your ds-160 form submit and print then you'll schedule for you visa appointment. you don't need to pay your school fees thou some schools do ask for a little deposit but most don't.. even if you're asked about payment of school fees @ the embassy then your answer will either be a Yes or No depending on whether you do or not. its not a requirement for getting visa nor is it compulsory.. likely they may not ask about that or they might so its not a thing to worry about. wish you all the best!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
dazzy2:
Pls I need urgent reply

Have you had your transcript sent yet? If not pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:

I don't think any other form of ID was ever allowed apart from a passport, for GRE. Drivers' license might have been/be acceptable for GMAT but not GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mcjendol: 10:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
neurosci:

After your result came out, you were able to download your score report immediately or after how many days?

I got my results 81 days after,the results of the whole centre was initially cancelled but mine was later released .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Oyin04(f): 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Walspring:

Greet ya elder sister for me ooo grin grin grin grin grin

I will , she told me about you.
I saw the promo thing you did for GRe . Is it still available??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 1:54am On Feb 13, 2017
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-prove-ties-to-my-home-country-for-a-US-F1-visa-when-I-am-a-student-with-no-spouse-property-or-career

Good question answered by a former US visa officer - might be useful to many intending students here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by wealth360: 2:08am On Feb 13, 2017
slimmy2005:
Even if you plead from now till next year you won't be allowed. You would have to come with your international passport. They know right from the very start that our drivers license issuance is porous and people don't acquire it through the legal approved route they are used to.

The next thing you should think of now is how you get your voucher to reschedule. This might take some weeks. But should incase you need guidelines I can drop a hint.

Bro thanks. Please drop the hint for me. Let me pm you

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.