Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

My Wife Is Stubborn. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Stubborn. (31428 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Akalia(m): 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
BrownCookie:

I am a lady please.
lol, u had to clarify him before potential suitors get the wrong idea and..........
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Richy4(m): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
Catalin:
Flyingngel, you need to man up ASAP, stop doing domestic stuffs for your wife. She is not working so why should you do domestic stuffs? Instead why don't you hire a nanny or house help for her?

If the OP Stopped giving a helping hand and the wife comes in here on NL and start ranting about how OP doesn't help despite the fact that she is a nursing mother, I hope you not gonna swallow your words and start talking about how uncaring the OP was...I do not see anything wrong with a family man helping the wife in doing domestic work.....This is marriage, it is not boyfriend and girlfriend....

Him helping out in doing domestic things in the family as head of a household especially when a new born baby is involved by the way does not mean a sign of weakness.....I do not know where people are getting this tall EGO from...that's just a wrong mindset...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by babseg(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
krauss:
Finally, I can now agree that some people can go any length to fabricate stories here on nairaland, but my question is, why do that? smh disappointed.

Things like this do happen but wait till you will carry your own cross
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by babseg(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Richy4:

NO...I do not think he is a weak man.... He is a married man.. There's a huge difference between marriage and boyfriend/girlfriend relationships which I believe you did not know based on your statement....If he doesn't help around the house who would..The wife is a nursing mother that requires help only that she was capitalizing on his goodness..

@ Op just help the best way that you can.. and any day or time u do not feel like it... just hit the ignore button....When some of them wants to pick a fight, that's how it starts...I remembered cooking for my Ex once...she said she loved it...The next time she came to my place she sweetly asked me to cook again and I did...when she asked for the third time... I did but with an extra 4 spoons of salt and a lot of grandnut oil surrounding the whole soup......We ended up ordering Pizza that night.....Through out our relationship, she never asked again....
If you wanna squash the cooking drama, maybe you might just borrow/ learn from what i did...Cook it all wrong once or twice without being asked some times...Next time she will not bother you again...

Well said

Did you read the part where his wife threatened him that everyone will go to bed with empty stomach?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by ayili: 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Flyingngel(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
miqos02 post:bros, are you the wife or husband in this marriage? something tells me you are the wife oh.

Bros i weak for this ur question oo. I am the husband.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Richy4(m): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2017
babseg:

Well said

Did you read the part where his wife threatened him that everyone will go to bed with empty stomach?

If you have ever been in a relationship, you will know that people say alot of things when they were on that heated argument stage....just to hurt one another....or pass their massage across.......that's why it is called misunderstanding between husband and wife... and their own case is not different from any other couple's fight....Some deny their husband sex etc...I still maintain that it is marriage..not a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship...This is the real deal....

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by gen2lpat(m): 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
Flyingngel:
Pls i will make this very brief. Since when i got married to my wife i have tried to be helpful in the home front but it seem she want to capitalize on that.

She has been doing these many times and i overlook, yesterday own got me mad which i begin thinking if marrying is bad. I came back frm work and she ask me to help her with our baby which i did; but when she came she now told me that i am going to cook the soup, which i told her it has been long i did that rather she can tell what what do - like preparing the ingredients then she will cook. Pls note i wake up everyday by 5am wash d plate, sweep the house and d outside even wash her cloth anything she can't.
Yesterday she said if i don't cook which i stood my ground, then we are going to sleep empty stomach and that was what she did.
My people pls is there any wrong i have done. I am a faithful husband, i assist her in anyway i can but she alway want me to submit to everything she says.
Pls help me with ur opinion because i am weak.

Modified: to those that says am lying, well it is up to you to believe but i need ur opinion. I seldom post since 2012 i registered officially here.

If u are not married, pls pray to whatever God that u serve to give u a woman that understand and respect u no matter the circumstances.

God will never give me such woman. She will ever regret starving me.

OP, kindly state the rule. And tell her that the next time she starves you, that you will stop eating her food and stand your ground.

Hope say you no be the type wey she go flash bo.ooby for you go forget say u dey vex before

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Darlingmua(f): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
dingbang:
Please be a man.... Dont allow a woman to be trampling on you like a doormat... Get into d kitchen, cook d food, if she steps in there to eat, give her a hot slap and remind her who d is d man of the house!
Yes he can stand his ground n be a man but NOT by being VIOLENT.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by dsocioemmy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
Always try as much as possible to marry your best friend my knowing yourselves so well before this marriage of a thing. i know this is not applicable to everyone but marriage is suppose to be full of compliments between both parties and not the other way
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by luscioustrish(f): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Richy4:

NO...I do not think he is a weak man.... He is a married man.. There's a huge difference between marriage and boyfriend/girlfriend relationships which I believe you did not know based on your statement....If he doesn't help around the house who would..The wife is a nursing mother that requires help only that she was capitalizing on his goodness..

@ Op just help the best way that you can.. and any day or time u do not feel like it... just hit the ignore button....When some of them wants to pick a fight, that's how it starts...I remembered cooking for my Ex once...she said she loved it...The next time she came to my place she sweetly asked me to cook again and I did...when she asked for the third time... I did but with an extra 4 spoons of salt and a lot of grandnut oil surrounding the whole soup......We ended up ordering Pizza that night.....Through out our relationship, she never asked again....
If you wanna squash the cooking drama, maybe you might just borrow/ learn from what i did...Cook it all wrong once or twice without being asked some times...Next time she will not bother you again...

Matured advice...best of the best.
More wisdom to you sir smiley

But taking care of a newborn baby isn't easy at all,I feel she's just taking advantage of the really nice man she married,there's really nothing wrong with him helping out,there should be a balance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by majorbravo: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Flyingngel:
Pls i will make this very brief. Since when i got married to my wife i have tried to be helpful in the home front but it seem she want to capitalize on that.

Yesterday she said if i don't cook which i stood my ground, then we are going to sleep empty stomach and that was what she did.
My people pls is there any wrong i have done. I am a faithful husband, i assist her in anyway i can but she alway want me to submit to everything she says.
This is my suggestion

Tomorrow morning, make her breakfast in bed before you go to work, when she tries to say something to you, just ignore her. When coming home buy her something you know she would love. Have a nice shower, put on your nicest cologne. Then present the gift to her. If she asks you why, don't say a word. Then do your manly duties in the other room but with a lot more decisive action, give it to her like she's never had.

Believe me, she's gonna run to the kitchen to cook you a meal without even being asked.

No woman can be disrespectful to a man who knows very well how to turn her inside out in the other room, at least not for long. You have been doing the wrong chores man, concentrate on your manly roles as husband and do them well.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by DICKtator: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
Flyingngel:

She has been doing these many times and i overlook, yesterday own got me mad which i begin thinking if marrying is bad. I came back frm work and she ask me to help her with our baby which i did; but when she came she now told me that i am going to cook the soup, which i told her it has been long i did that rather she can tell what what do - like preparing the ingredients then she will cook. Pls note i wake up everyday by 5am wash d plate, sweep the house and d outside even wash her cloth anything she can't.

Modified: to those that says am lying, well it is up to you to believe but i need ur opinion. I seldom post since 2012 i registered officially here.

If u are not married, pls pray to whatever God that u serve to give u a woman that understand and respect u no matter the circumstances.

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by babseg(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
Richy4:

If you have ever been in a relationship, you will know that people say alot of things when they were on that heated argument stage....just to hurt one another....or pass their massage across.......that's why it is called misunderstanding between husband and wife... and their own case is not different from any other couple's fight....Some deny their husband sex etc...I still maintain that it is marriage..not a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship...This is the real deal....

I really like your reasoning. I know that all these things happen in a relationship but women do have "big mouth" and they will always use it to fustrate you if you are the quite type.
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Penisman: 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
ojun50:
Were did u meet yr wife?
Is that the answer? Thats how you fail exams woefully.
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
Flyingngel:

You have been a husband but you have never been a man. What you are afraid to loose you cannot keep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by tillaman(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
Keep tolerating her and keep praying to God to help soften her hardened heart and believe it's gonna happen
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by SIRKAY98(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
This internet of nowadays

The Bible say thise that seek counsel not feom an elderly but with mere peer group will perish

Pls seek your counsel from Godly people and not people of dsame age with u
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Penisman: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
Flyingngel:
johnson232 post:
Honestly u are a weak man.

Bros, don't judge me like that; am just following d bible that the woman is a help Meet. I do alway this so that she will b happy and not grow old quickly and i love her.
In a case like this, i will advice you use carrot and stick approach...

I still see weakness in you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by irririchris(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
my dear, you need serious counselling .. me go recommend Practical Christian Living Initiative to you, kindly send them a message via
facebook-Practical Christian Living Initiative Twitter and Instagram- @PCLI_NG

Practical Christian Living Initiative is a non profit organisation geared towards encouraging love and romance in marriages as well as encouraging mature Singles who are waiting for their life partner.
https://tinuola.blog/
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
That is absolutely ridiculous.. Who does that?

Anyways OP, you have to be a man and stamp your foot down. Stop helping her with anything at all.
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by bbjummy: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
According to Sola Alison, "ti ogiri o'ba la enun, alangba o' le woh ogiri" that is to say if there isn't a crack on the wall, the lizard can't enter into the wall. @ OP, you allowed the shit from the onset. God will give you wisdom on how to tackle this.
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Easybab4life: 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
ur wife is very lazy op yes lazy and heartless and she don love u how can she allow u guys sleeps with hunger a full time house wife for that matter with just one baby what is her duty as a wife for crying out loud she don't need a nanny since she is not working since u r just a civil servant let her stand up to her responsibility and don't assist her gain she don't deserve it. imagine am a woman no virtues woman does that. telling ur husband to go cook soup else...what does she use her time for when other women with two three kids goes to work and still come back home to cook for their family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by montezz(f): 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
Richy4:

If the OP Stopped giving a helping hand and the wife comes in here on NL and start ranting about how OP doesn't help despite the fact that she is a nursing mother, I hope you not gonna swallow your words and start talking about how uncaring the OP was...I do not see anything wrong with a family man helping the wife in doing domestic work.....This is marriage, it is not boyfriend and girlfriend....

Him helping out in doing domestic things in the family as head of a household especially when a new born baby is involved by the way does not mean a sign of weakness.....I do not know where people are getting this tall EGO from...that's just a wrong mindset...

Are you married?
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Richy4(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
montezz:

Are you married?

I am scared of Commitment because of something like this..
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Probz(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nawaoh. Which kind wife you dey marry?
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Penisman: 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
frostylook:
Madam is testing your limit to see how far she can go. Stamp your foot down now that it's still early. Tell her you won't tolerate that nonsense next time and mean it.
If you allow her to get away with this behaviour, you will soon become her full time houseboy and ATM machine. Next time she tries that stunt, don't bother eating her food for a week, let her cook and eat alone or stay hungry to make her silly point. Eat out and ignore her. If that doesn't tighten the nuts in her head, stop dropping food money.
Hian!! Imagine starving the man of the house unto agaracha levels? For what? After being the only one hustling and providing, you will come home to cook for her(a housewife) on top to show what a good man you are? Who married who? Keep saying you are weak and you will soon find yourself as a victim of domestic abuse.
It's all in your hands to step up. Na only talk I fit talk from here.
And e go still come suffer fvck am again to reach orgasm....Bros nawa ooo
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by montezz(f): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
Richy4:

I am scared of Commitment because of something like this..
That makes two of us undecided
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
montezz:

Are you married?
You want to marry him shocked
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by gameboyo: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
Flyingngel:
BrownCookie post:What kinda work does she do that you will be the one who wakes up by 5am to do shores?

Does she make the bulk of the income?

I mean, you can help out but this is getting a little too much ie if you are telling the truth in its entirety.

U really need to man up @ poster.

Thank u Sir. She is not working; and i am a Civil Servant.

Don't be provoke into hitting her. Eat outside, buy stuff for ur kid, ignore her completely, gets ur clothes to a dry cleaner to help u wash. Stay out late, but don't indulge in crime, if possible, enroll for post graduate course, get urself so busy that u don't have her time. Avoid bringing in ur family or hers for settlement.
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by bidemirahmon: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
My little advice, go get Food to eat after which you go to bed. The ffg Day go to work n lock up as in ignore her for a while she Wil Come back to her senses
Re: My Wife Is Stubborn. by TinaAnita(f): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
Enjoy your marriage without dragging third parties into it. We were not there when you were dancing all over the place with a broad smile during your wedding day. Hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting / Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.