Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? (43003 Views)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) / My Pastor 'Saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya In Hell'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Image123(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2009
Are you guys afraid that the story is false, or afraid that Odukoya is in hell. Y'all talk more like you're internally afraid she's in hell. Prepare to meet your God
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by siloje: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2009
I was not in the country when this news started making the rounds, but my first reaction to it when I returned was: When and where on earth did Pastor Bimbo wear mini-skirts? I should know if she ever wore a mini-skirt because I worked closely with her husband for about six years before she passed on to glory. I saw her practically everyday (whenever she was in town) but not once did I see her in a mini-skirt.

Because of her SU background, there were just some things Pastor Bimbo never did, and that included wearing trousers and mini-skirts.

As a rule, Pastor Bimbo did not allow anyone in 'mini' to enter her home. No member of the praise and worship team in church was allowed to minister if she wore a mini-skirt or trousers. And that rule still stands till date. So why would she be sent to hell for what she did not do?

Well, her husband, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya, reacted for the first time to the news yesterday during a church service. He debunked insinuations that his former wife, Bimbo, ever wore mini-skirts. According to him, one Paul Obadare (Rev. Obadare's son) called him about three weeks ago to deny that his father ever died or saw a vision of Pastor Bimbo in hell.

Pastor Taiwo could not make a public statement before yesterday because there was an agreement between the said Paul and himself that their ministry (Obadare ministry, which I believe is being supervised by the said Paul right now) would issue a refutation. It is amazing that, till now, no such refutation has been done.

I am really curious to know what the motive of the publishers of the magazine (a relatively unknown one at that) was for publishing that story.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by motb: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
psssssssss,
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by motb: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
takes only an idiot to come up with such stupid fabricated rubbish and daft talk, well i wanna believe lyk my pastor says it wasnt him, but the truth is if he actually said such, he needed spiritual glasses as i now understand why he is sooooooo blind
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by ademayowa: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
The questions we should ask are:

1. Did Prophet Obadare actually call the husband of the deceased as reported? If yes, what did the husband say? The response shuld have been provided to autheticate the story

2. Did Pastor Bimbo ever wear mini-skirt during her lifetime? If yes, when and where was this seen?

3. If indeed the prophet's son refuted his father's alleged interview and did apologize to Pastor Taiwo, why has he not refuted same in the media as promised over 2 weeks ago? This suggests that his most likely said something similar to that cos I was once in the fold of the Apostolic and I knw what they can do and say abt. new generational churches arising out of envy that most of their children that are supposed to take after them now diligently follow the precepts of the new churches.

4. Why was wisdom not applied by the prophet by telling it to the christian association (at most) so that the christian movement is not ridiculed by the unbelievers and even believers who are just strengthening their feet in the ministry from a shallow past? Or don't we think this can further delude the souls we are suposed to be winning as fishers of men?

5. Why was the newspaper so quick to publish the story without confirming the authenticity of what Baba said abt. calling the deceased's husband? even if they think he will deny it, this should have been verified at least to confirm the authenticity of the interview. This in itself, calls for the media association to regulate the prcatice of the profession.

So many questions but no answers, I just think the point could have been made without mentioning names and people will still have gotten the message to look inwards and reconciled their ways to God, To God be the glory!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by TuCow: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
Y'all have been very interesting so far, and needless to say, the heat generated by this (mis)story has been of monumental proportions.
However, answer me these:

Women Ministers who live in America, London e.t.c dresses in trousers, skirtsuits etc 24/7. Does that make them less of a Godly person?

If Pastor Bimbo were to go to hell because she wears trousers(ha ha), then those other women ministers that wears trousers all over the world too would go to hell -right? surely there can't be double standards applied?

Is it only in Naija that a Christian woman commits sin by wearing trousers? If the same woman travels out of Nigeria to US for instance, then it suddenly is alright for her to wear trousers and "God" would understand abi?

If Pastor Bimbo were to live in London and wears trousers, would she then be allowed to "enter" heaven?

Do Jewish women not wear trousers? and mini skirts? and hot pants? e.t.c ? wake up people!!

Who says Trousers is the exclusive preserve of Men anyway? and where does the Bible mention trousers?

If women are condemned to Hell for wearing trousers, then all Scotsmen (who traditionally wears skirts called skittles) would go to hell as well; all men from Delta state in Nigeria as well as Igbo men would surely go to hell because their traditional attire incorporates the female wrapper, 

The point Im making is this: As educated people, there's nothing wrong in applying logic and reason to issues(religious issues included). Indeed, the Bible encourages us to "search all things" so that we can hold that which is true.

Did Prophet Obadare die? No

Was he in a Coma? Yes

Did he see "Visions"?  Maybe

Does his Visions translate to fact?  Definitely not! Its his own opinion.

Is there any way of verifying this "visions"? No

See? so why should we lose our cool over outrageous claims like these?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by CrudeOil2(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
There is no place or such a thing as Hell Fire. Its an imaginary kingdom built by deluded religious fanatics.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by kcng: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2009
@crude oil.
try dying a sinner.then come back and tell us.i'm sorry for you.i've been very close to death once , i use to be like you.i tell you if you talk too much God go show you sample, ooo so just talk the 1 wey you know i beg, my Brother, and God will bless you as you hushhhh,
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by kcng: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
I beg make nna stop analising if pastor bimbo's story is true of not. the bottom line is.we all still have life and we should live well. let God judge.
But hardly do you see true men of God die from such a painfull accident.i know some one who saw her been rescued from the reckage,he said he kept asking God why would he allow her to go thru so much pain?
i was told she was going to minister in a redeem church? but they did not even make a comment about it. thats the only part i can not understand about her death. as for hell or heaven, there is notting anyone can do about that now, its too late. forget it just learn from it.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by bongoman(m): 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
@crude-oil, wha? nothing like hell? abegi, go read Rev. 21:5, 22:5. My broda, heaven and hell is real./ As for those critics am so sorwi. Go read the account of John in the book of Rev 1:1-7, , Obadare didnt die, he was translated. About the issue of skirt and trousers, it's not only dressing that God will use to judge, there many sins we commit and we dnt knw they're wrong!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by bongoman(m): 12:05am On Dec 15, 2009
Fellow audience, I hav to summarise some issues about what geolabio and some other guys hav said inorder to clarify points:
(i) Pastor obadare didnt die bt might probably nt knw how to express the statement by sayin that he died.
(ii) In heaven u dnt need to be a mathematician to enter heaven or see it.
(iii) Obadare waz nt thrown into hell bt waz shown the picture of what it feels like ni!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by rphlogbe: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
Na wah oooooooooooooooo
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by ydc(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
Do you know that her death if truly it is a truth the Lord wants us to check back on our lives how have we been living while we are still on earth. So we must examine ourselves if we are still in the faith and on the race. thanks
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by ydc(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
hell is very very reallll. if u say it's not real then u are on your own
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by nurray: 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
I thought this Obadare guy is blind. How did he recognize Bimbo in hell? Maybe, we also need to confirm whether he's really blind otherwise how did he know she used to wear mini-skirts?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by siloje: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
Finally, a rejoinder from WOSEM Management (Prophet Obadare's ministry). It is in today's PUNCH (page 57).

It states among other things:

"The said publication is false, untrue, unsubstantiated and malicious.

"At no time did Apostle Dr. T. O. Obadare die, neither did he grant any interview to any pressman. "

So, what was the motive of the publishers of the said publication?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by bongoman(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
@nurray, ha! ur ignoramous! Dont you knw that though it might not be possible for one to see with the phyisical eyes, yet the spiritual one is there. When we get to heaven(amen), we will all know ourselves even if we havent seen before! But brethren, let's get prepared for God's kingdom!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by jaymonie: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
Guys, the only reason why anyone will go to hell will be that that person did not believe in Jesus Christ. Not because of mini skirt or any other such thg
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by josphy: 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2009
shocked let us that are still alive and still have all the chances to maka decisions keep our spirit clean .Obviously the battle is of him that obtains mercy from
GOD. we just cant run the race without help and Grace from the GOD . I HAVE TRIED AND IT THE MOST DIFFICULT TASK ON THE UNIVERSE AND A TOTAL MESS.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by nurray: 7:57am On Dec 16, 2009
@bongoman. Pele o Mr. Stupid. Why don't u wait till u get to heaven and confirm it. That is if an uncouth person like u can make heaven.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by biina: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2009
This is so funny. So judgment day has come and gone abi?  grin  grin  grin
Nobody condemned to hell is coming back. God's judgment is final! there is no appeal grin  grin  grin
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by deevuu(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2009
hmnnn, Well im really happy the said publication is false, cuz i cant imagine Bimbo Odukoya in hell, and im really amazed at wat some people here are saying about Prophet Obadare, mayb u guys dont know the man, cuz if u really do, then u will beg God for forgivness on all ur negative comments, cuz even the Bible speaks about speaking evil about Gods annointed, we shldnt speak in the heat of the moment, and commit sin,
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Akebulan: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2009
omg i laughed at ths till i got hiccups

now my hiccups wont leave me alone undecided

they need to, so i can laugh some more

lol@ "who went to hell and came back?" lol hell journalist!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by SisiKill1: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2009
Can't believe there's a long discussion over this. When the answer is as obvious as day. . .

The man is SENILE.

And this is not an insult. Senility is not that far fetched in people his age. Add that to the fact that he prolly never approved of Odukoya in her life time and always believed she'd go to hell. . .and you have a good combination for this kinda nonsense talk.

Personally, i'm not shocked at it, what leaves me speechless is the fact that supposedly intelligent people are giving it more than the 10 secs thought it deserves. I tell ya, Nigerians never cease to amaze me. We just like to complicate things sha, if it doesn't make you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to understand it, them sum'n is wrong somewhere.

Sometimes it's okay to seek the simplest explanation which in this case is SENILITY + WISHFUL THINKING.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by FELICIAL(f): 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2009
judge no man,watch yourself and check if you are good with God
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by delan: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
Can we pls stop all this back and forth talk on pastor bimbo, let the woman rest in her grave jare. Haba. Hell or heaven, do we all know where we are going? No one is clean or perfect abeg
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by timsdulcet: 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
i'd rather say every on e would give account of every thing he say.and the same bible says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.that could be interpreted in so many ways.those that criticised the man of god do not know the implication that's why they've been using their tongue anyhow.when every one dies, you are transformed from your physical fashion to into the spirit.and u will regain all your deficient physical disability.so i pray all u ve said won't be used against u on judgement day.watch
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by OgidiOlu3(m): 3:24am On Dec 19, 2009
Sometimes ppl talk as if pastors and other 'so-called' men of God are not humans. We talk as if they are so Holy and Pure that they cannot sin.
@OP
Why do u cry for someone when u don't even know ur own fate? It's like crying for a dead relative as if you are not going to die.
Can't u see it sounds ridiculous?
, And about that Obadare or whatever his name is, is it not this same man that they said is not actually BLIND, dat he just hides his face in the dark specs he wears?
@all
Pls don't think of a pastor, imam, pope or any other preacher as INFALLIBLE because we are all humans and WE CAN SIN.
So, when they say someone went to hell(even though it might not be true), don't think of it as IMPOSSIBLE.
, But God alone is Holy. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Image123(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2009
God's children are also holy. God has commanded them 'Be ye holy, for I am holy'.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Burgundy(f): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2009
First of all, i'd like to say that all those who are using insultive words agianst prophet obadare, i feel really sorry for you 'cos the bible says that the only sin that will not be 4given you is the sin of blasphemy.

Secondly, why is everyone just concentrating on the part of the story that says bimbo odukoya is in hell? The story also claimed that prophet obadare was told by God to disband his church and return to the original CAC congregation. Let us use this as the criteria to know whether the story is true or false, if he indeed closes down his church, then the story is true. If he doesn't, then the story is false.

But as for me, Hell or no Hell, i have learnt the lesson God wants learnt from all this and it is, let us all walk with God uprightly and truthfully. The bible says: WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING. Don't follow any pastor, just follow wot is in the bible'cos on the judgemnet day, everyone is going to stand individually before the ALMIGHTY GOD!

Now to those of you who say wearing of trousers is not in the bible, have u not come across the scripture that says women should not put on men's clothing, we all know from time immemorial that trousers is men's clothing, then they started making trousers for women, i think christians should stop choosing parts of the bible they want to obey and parts they want to disobey, if head covering and wearing of men's apparel is not important, y is it in the bible? some say it was paul who said it but the bible says not a word of God in the bible will drop to the ground and all scripture is giving by the inspiration from God. So wot are we talking about?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by nizira: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
hnm!!! christians, neva studying the bible, always eager to hear vain babblings. 1st of all, after Jesus ressurected, did anybody dat died after go to heaven or hell? Study, people!!!!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2009
I do not understand how wearing Mini skirts can get you into hell when Jesus wore dresses with no panties

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque / The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? / Pastor Uhembe Jacob Kidnapped & Murdered Over Wrong Accusation Of Stealing Penis

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65