Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? (43004 Views)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) / My Pastor 'Saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya In Hell'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by buchiwet: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2009
we should stop spreading what we don't know, where she is now, it is only God that knows. She is dead and gone, so its between she and God. We that, we are still alife and have the chance to mend our ways, lets ask God for His grace. It was also a shock when I read it in the dailies, she (Pastor Bimbo) was one woman I always admired for her work here on earth. GOD knows the best and the right people who are honestly and sincerely worshipping Him. Its well,
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Gadeyeni(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
emeka wats wrong wit u if it was ur pastor dat said it would u not believe it although he is not mine.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by sunnykiss(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin I no fit laff
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by denny4ril: 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
to what extent is this true we do not know but I dont think a man of God of that Calibre will have to tell such lies for any reason sad!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by rascalo: 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2009
no sinner shall go unpunished, even he or/she go unpunished, he/she will still suffer in Heaven u better repent now
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by illusion2: 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2009
Nigeria !!! People worship pastors more than God. Any attempt to take them (pastors) up on their statements,is met with 'we are not supposed to question 'men of God' or 'let God judge'. We seem to have this false impression that God loves the pastor more than every other person?

Judge everything anybody tells you and don't be gullible !

We have the highest percentage of 'holy men',yet the most prevalent corruption and poverty in Africa.

Start thinking !!! Its not a SIN TO REASON.

The suicide bomber is told he should not reason,cos it may be the 'devil' trying to confuse him. . . . . the same reasoning is now in christianity

The church leaders have their children in America & UK and they continue to tell you to pray & it will be well grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Teminio: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
This is simply idle talk that makes no sense, people should learn to apply wisdom in whatever they do.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by nikky5(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2009
God is the only and final arbiter.Bimbo is gone and never to return to this earth anymore.Though, during her life time I was never keen about her nor her speeches especially to the youth.This is because the youth did not learn about Christ nor repentance but rather fashion and the sweet relationship discourse.Jesus said that not all that called Him Lord shall come into His Kingdom Matt7:21-23.Her death many believe was premature and God is no respecter of persons.Why many may not believe what prophet Obadare was reported in the END TIME MAGAZINE(latest edition) Could be found in the Book of Luke 16:31.The Man of God is a prophet of repute in this country.Himself was denied access to heaven due to reasons that borders on reconciliation of his ministry.

The truth must be told. Hell is real.You can google:revelation of Heaven and Hell by seven youth and you will be more convinced.Anybody can go to hell.The whole world cannot go to heaven and vice versa.The endless journey of eternity is determined in this world.The Holy Bible has it all.At this juncture, I want to sound a note of caution that prophet Obadare's revelation must be given serious attention.Don't land in hell before you believe it existed.God is calling everyone to repentance.A word is enough for the wise.God bless you.For more clarification you can reach me on 08067313084
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by sledge406: 1:51am On Dec 06, 2009
Una get time sha.

For dose of una wen wan know about d death and need confirmation, make una try die go hell and see if una go get d same result but I need warn u say returning to earth wudn't be guaranteed.

Anyway people and crappy stories.

Weda heaven or hell, let d dead be. We all will die someday and we'll get all d gist we've DIED wanting to know.

Now I laff in khazakhastan @ d story,
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 06, 2009
angry[color=#990000][/color]
deres faya on d mountain oh!,
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by diehard1: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2009
wetin una wan do with her location angry . Think of where you will go to after this life. She has done her part and left. God alone knows her location. If you are not satisfied, you fit call her with your gsm nah! grin
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by bencobenz(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2009
Please kindly tell your pastor to complete his dose of latesen, the malaria is still disturbing him. If after 2 days symptoms persist take him to yaba psychatric hospital.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by Debroslink: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2009
angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by AloyEmeka6: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
Gadeyeni:

emeka wats wrong wit u if it was your pastor dat said it would u not believe it although he is not mine.

No I will not believe him. My pastor is not God and that is why the bible is there for you. Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by obitobe: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2009
This is absolutely rubbish, please lets just leave the poor dead woman out of this.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by bimbusky: 2:44am On Dec 07, 2009
Too many of you folks are just plain silly.

How can you base your faith or theology on some person's experience? you do that and you may end in hell yourself. we can only measure God and life by the word of God in the scriptures. God is bound by his words. he doesnt just do anything, so all this talk about Bims being in hell is all bladderdash to me. check out the requirements for heaven in Rom 10:9-10. she fulfilled them. shes in heaven.

now am not saying that obadare is lying. he probably saw what he says he saw, but how do i know what things are influencing his vision? deeply entrenched psychological positions? drug induced halucillations?, psychosis?  we just cant build theology out of his experience. he may not be lying, but be very wrong, as he is in this case.

Besides, all the ppl close to Bims while on earth for example know that she never wore mini skirts. so she couldnt have made those statements.

forget personal experiences. stick with what the word of God says.

for example, Aloy~Emaka posted this.

Finally, my imam told me today that he saw Abacha in heaven  while performing hajj in his dreams.  Abacha told said to him" my brother, na here they say make I come o. They say its because my belle was big in the world so they better put me near the bar and kitchen in this heaven. I dey shack with st Peter, Solomon, st Paul, Mohammed and many of our home boys;  theresa is our cook here and she can cook isiewu and nkwobi very well'. Go and tell other politicians to forget about that nonsense millions they are carrying and die so they can come and enjoy apples and Indian  strippers  with me here."

will you believe this too?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by sirt1(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2009
@ Naijacutee,

[b][b][b][b]What is my point? My point is that Biblical doctrine tells us that when people die, they don't get sent anywhere just yet. Their spirits "sleep" (like Lazarus' when Jesus went to raise him) until the last day when like the Bible says "The dead in Christ will rise first". (If they had been sent to heaven, why then would they rise again?)
[/b][/b][/b][/b]

If ur reference above is anything to go by, what then happen to the rich man and the poor man----Lazarus. Pls study ur bible very well.

As per whether Pastor Bimbo is in hell or heaven, I don't think I av any problem with that. Though, I'm not saying she is in hell, but one point I wanted to make clear is that anybody can be/go to hell irrespective of who the person is/was. Our God is not a respecter of anybody.

If u like call urself Bishop, Imam, Prophet, Reverend and what av u. If ur deeds b4 God are not worthy of heaven, ofcourse u know the next available option-----HELL!!!!!

My point is that, we should not defend her. If her deeds were worthy of heaven, God knows and if otherwise, God knows too. Leave everything as it were now and work for your own salvation now----tomorrow may be too late.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by johnbob: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2009
Alias,the gal that spend many years in darkness said that too
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by ayomidej(f): 11:16am On Dec 07, 2009
This is a wake call for everyone, if the Pastor is lying its up to him and God. But heaven and hell is real, my prayer for everyone is that we do get caught up in SIN when the time comes. Lets live a righteous life and let God do the rest for everyone.

Heaven is indeed a real place. The Bible tells us that heaven is God’s throne (Isaiah 66:1; Acts 7:48-49; Matthew 5:34-35). After Jesus’ resurrection and appearance on earth to His disciples, “He was taken up into heaven and sat at the right hand of God” (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55-56). “Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; He entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence” (Hebrews 9:24). Jesus not only went before us, entering on our behalf, but He is alive and has a present ministry in heaven, serving as our high priest in the true tabernacle made by God (Hebrews 6:19-20; 8:1-2).

We are also told by Jesus Himself that there are many rooms in God’s house and that He has gone before us to prepare a place for us. We have the assurance of His word that He will one day come back to earth and take us to where He is in heaven (John 14:1-4). Our belief in an eternal home in heaven is based on an explicit promise of Jesus. Heaven is most definitely a real place. Heaven truly does exist.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by viaro: 11:22am On Dec 07, 2009
Thank you, sir t, for this:

sir t:

What is my point? My point is that Biblical doctrine tells us that when people die, they don't get sent anywhere just yet.

Honestly, I think this thread should be locked up, or the topic changed. It is disgraceful for people to be alleging that someone IS in Hell when they themselves do not even know whether or not they will escape it! A word to the wise: 'Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.' - Rom. 2:1.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by royalicon(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
Pls let the man confirm the status of Abacha for us. Maybe he will have change to come and contest in 2010 for his ill-fated Presidential ambition.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by fredegba(m): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
If the man had a score to settle with her before she died he should come out plainly and say it. Why should he malign the soul of the dead that is resting in peace? What does he hope to achieve by that slanderous news? To unsettled her followers? Or to insinuate they are all going to hell too? Such uninformed piece of news should not be adhered to. It ought to be discarded in the garbage bin of his own rancour. Why is it in hell that you see all the good people? Someday someone might wake up and say he saw God himself dining with the devil in hell. Maybe I should even tow that line. It would make news, isn’t it?

And come to think of it: Was he told why she was sent to hell? what was the lesson he was made to learn from that dream that is he was to communicate to the world? If these elements are not there then its just a dream? Dream? It can never be the same as reality. So where do we stand?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by tomibello: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
this is an opportunity to make one's way right with God, i think the most important thing is that we should all make heaven.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by mployer(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
He was blind here ,so how did he recognise her ?

Very interesting question.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by bigpastor(m): 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
I wish it's not true BUT that's only a wish
God is not a respecter of persons
Imagine a with all his exploits was not allowed to enter the promised
Pls take heed unto thyself
For everyone will stand to give account of himself/herself unto God
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by leahdee(f): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2009
Making fun of a great woman of God who has touched, transformed many lives and restructured many homes with her annointed messages.
, and Jesus WEPT!!!
God have MERCY!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by dwonder(m): 11:07am On Dec 08, 2009
Ranks007:

when did Jehovah witness start telling the truth, una lie pass satan sef

though I respect Ms. Odukoya, i assert it is possible becos the ways of men can and will never be the way of God, who knows what she has being doing in her closet!!!!

the bible is deeper than mere human religions,

Which lie were you told.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by dwonder(m): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2009
sir t:

@ Naijacutee,

[b][b][b][b]What is my point? My point is that Biblical doctrine tells us that when people die, they don't get sent anywhere just yet. Their spirits "sleep" (like Lazarus' when Jesus went to raise him) until the last day when like the Bible says "The dead in Christ will rise first". (If they had been sent to heaven, why then would they rise again?)
[/b][/b][/b][/b]

If your reference above is anything to go by, what then happen to the rich man and the poor man----Lazarus. Pls study your bible very well.

As per whether Pastor Bimbo is in hell or heaven, I don't think I av any problem with that. Though, I'm not saying she is in hell, but one point I wanted to make clear is that anybody can be/go to hell irrespective of who the person is/was. Our God is not a respecter of anybody.

If u like call urself Bishop, Imam, Prophet, Reverend and what av u. If your deeds b4 God are not worthy of heaven, ofcourse u know the next available option-----HELL!!!!!

My point is that, we should not defend her. If her deeds were worthy of heaven, God knows and if otherwise, God knows too. Leave everything as it were now and work for your own salvation now----tomorrow may be too late.

By what Jesus said about the rich man and Lazarus, did Jesus teach torment of the wicked after death?

Is the account, at Luke 16:19-31, literal or merely an illustration of something else?

19 “But a certain man was rich, and he used to deck himself with purple and linen, enjoying himself from day to day with magnificence. 20 But a certain beggar named Laz′a‧rus used to be put at his gate, full of ulcers 21 and desiring to be filled with the things dropping from the table of the rich man. Yes, too, the dogs would come and lick his ulcers. 22 Now in course of time the beggar died and he was carried off by the angels to the bosom [position] of Abraham.

“Also, the rich man died and was buried. 23 And in Ha′des he lifted up his eyes, he existing in torments, and he saw Abraham afar off and Laz′a‧rus in the bosom [position] with him. 24 So he called and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Laz′a‧rus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in this blazing fire.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that you received in full your good things in your lifetime, but Laz′a‧rus correspondingly the injurious things. Now, however, he is having comfort here but you are in anguish. 26 And besides all these things, a great chasm has been fixed between us and YOU people, so that those wanting to go over from here to YOU people cannot, neither may people cross over from there to us.’ 27 Then he said, ‘In that event I ask you, father, to send him to the house of my father, 28 for I have five brothers, in order that he may give them a thorough witness, that they also should not get into this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to these.’ 30 Then he said, ‘No, indeed, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.’”

The Jerusalem Bible, in a footnote, acknowledges that it is a “parable in story form without reference to any historical personage.” If taken literally, it would mean that those enjoying divine favor could all fit at the bosom of one man, Abraham; that the water on one’s fingertip would not be evaporated by the fire of Hades; that a mere drop of water would bring relief to one suffering there.

Does that sound reasonable to you? If it were literal, it would conflict with other parts of the Bible. If the Bible were thus contradictory, would a lover of truth use it as a basis for his faith? But the Bible does not contradict itself.

What does the parable mean?

The “rich man” represented the Pharisees. (See verse 14.)

14 Now the Pharisees, who were money lovers, were listening to all these things, and they began to sneer at him

The beggar Lazarus represented the common Jewish people who were despised by the Pharisees but who repented and became followers of Jesus. (See Luke 18:11 . 11 The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. ;

John 7:49 But this crowd that does not know the Law are accursed people.” ;

Matthew 21:31, 32.31 Which of the two did the will of [his] father?” They said: “The latter.” Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to YOU that the tax collectors and the harlots are going ahead of YOU into the kingdom of God. 32 For John came to YOU in a way of righteousness, but YOU did not believe him. However, the tax collectors and the harlots believed him, and YOU, although YOU saw [this], did not feel regret afterwards so as to believe him.)

Their deaths were also symbolic, representing a change in circumstances. Thus, the formerly despised ones came into a position of divine favor, and the formerly seemingly favored ones were rejected by God, while being tormented by the judgment messages delivered by the ones whom they had despised.—Acts 5:33; 7:54.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by IbukunOye: 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
shall we all ask for God's mercy plz and amend our ways, forgetting what people might say about anyone in hell or heaven but meditating on where WE OURSELF will SPEND OUR ETERNITY, REMEMBER,the dead can't neva rise again
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by grandstar(m): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
What is the true condition of the dead? If you want to know the truth, read below.

The living are conscious that they shall die but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all (Eccl 9:5 and verse 10). Death is the opposite of life (Genesis 3:19)

The wages sin pays is death (Romans 6:23)

She has already paid her wages and perhaps waiting for the resurrection of John 5:28,29. Yes"I have a hope towards God, which hope these men themselves also entertain, that there is going to be resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous (Acts 24:15).

It is only at the end of the 1000years (Revelations 20:1-3) that people will now be thrown into the Lake of Fire which means the "Second death". It is symbolic for everlasting destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

Let us go further.

When God created things, Hell was never mentioned! Rather , God saw that everything he created was good. God is love (1 John 4:cool

So this doctrine of hell as a place of torment as no biblical foundation but rather is based on falsehood and lies (2 Timothy 4: 3,4).

To know more, go to www.watchtower.org and do a search for "hell"
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? by delan: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
Am really surprised at the way some people responded to this topic, it shows how ignorant so many of them are and i pray they will just wake up, am not goin to mention names. Pls lets be guided and watch what comes out of your mouth and concentrate of living you life for God instead of analysis someone else's life. I pity so many of you especially that guy that says he would rather chose 20 million to Heaven, may God help him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque / The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? / Pastor Uhembe Jacob Kidnapped & Murdered Over Wrong Accusation Of Stealing Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.