Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland (6165 Views)

Guys One Line Of Word For This Girl(pic) / Era Of Change!! Ladies What To Do When You Loose Your Boyfriend To Another Lady / The Era Of The Hot Moms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by aieromon(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
Nice.
Snag is that you simply can't stop people from cussin' or usin' foul language.it kinda takes out one dimension of the NL community.
Afterall,there's two sides to a book.
I smell a lot of BAN in the air.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by dogice(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
MrPrsdent:

OSANOBUA!

NL bot??.the 9th wonder of the world

grin grin grin
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by honeric01(m): 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
uhm
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Emperoh(m): 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
Pls can someone explain to me how Google interferes with the Operation of Nairaland?
Am at a loss here pls!!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
maybe google is the owner of nairaland
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
What about the tribalism stuff, even imagined myself if this forum is for yorubas. Because, 95% of users online are yoruba names, spammed members(400,000+ 85% of this are fake & manually generated, e.t.c let the total post(300,000+ be screened properly and don't be surprise what will be left that makes sense would be up to 70,000 post or topics.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by bjmighty(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
dogice:

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by mrperfect(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
Let hope it works out positively
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Dave6: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
What of other forums and websites with explicit languages and pictures? , And also the replies we get from google when we check up the meanings of these 'explicit' words? They shouldn't be in their own sites and search engines also.
Na only  few people use explicit words on NL sef.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by sholasys: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
Good development. I have been having headache concerning this and it had made me not to contribute on issues here. Nairaland is bastardized by Teenagers( Youthful exuberance)
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by kpolli(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
The oracle has spoken,
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by inme: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
Seun I am Proud of you.

This is long overdue anyways

Fear no dey let me click on Religion forum bcause of the kain words wey nairalanders dey throway for there, fear sef dey catch me to enter that area for NL
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Elgaxton(m): 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
Good to know. Its good we have a decent way of relating with one another amidst  web freedom and anonymity.

Nice one!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
I hope this sanitation will also affect the politics section.This is "Hurricane Seun".Now kosovo can have a rest from those tribalists.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by init4dmoni(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
someone should please explain to me why dots in succession are changed to a comma
, . . . . . .?!?!?!?
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by MissyB1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
I assume Google asked You to delete the Sexuality section as well. undecided
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by platinumnk(f): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
What the hell does Goggle have to do with Nairaland? tongue
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
LMAO!!!
GOOGLE OWNS NAIRALAND!!!
of course they do!! why else would Seun take orders from them?
well they do advertise here, so i guess.
this is what happens when you let big names like google take over(i know the money is nice) but you no longer own this place, you just manage it.
google tells you to bark and you must bark! (or you still want that money right?) cause if they werent paying him, i doubt he would give a rat's arse what they have to say to him.
even the google search has been removed and its now Yahoo.
maybe they dumped nairaland and yahoo took over? IDK.
but i doubt Seun owns this place anymore and google was a major sponsor of nairaland (Seun) and thats why they warned him.
feel free to correct me of im wrong, but thats what i think.
they own Nairaland, he is just the manager.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by platinumnk(f): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

LMAO!!!
GOOGLE OWNS NAIRALAND!!!
of course they do!! why else would Seun take orders from them?
well they do advertise here, so i guess.
this is what happens when you let big names like google take over(i know the money is nice) but you no longer own this place, you just manage it.
google tells you to bark and you must bark! (or you still want that money right?) cause if they werent paying him, i doubt he would give a rat's arse what they have to say to him.
even the google search has been removed and its now Yahoo.
maybe they dumped nairaland and yahoo took over? IDK.
but i doubt Seun owns this place anymore and google was a major sponsor of nairaland (Seun) and thats why they warned him.
feel free to correct me of im wrong, but thats what i think.
they own Nairaland, he is just the manager.

hmm bad business move then.
he sold out waaay tooo early.
its only making way for a better forum/site to take over, because someone is learning from Seun's mistakes.

BTW- Where were u this morning oooooohh ? know what Im talking about?? grin grin grin
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
you just had to wait for google!!!!!!

smh at naija

abeg, whichever oyibo or highroller is in charge of the place, make you free these people nah!!

and I mean Nigeria, not Nairaland. This our mentality that prevents us from jumping unless ordered to. After which our only response is to ask how high.

na wa.

Google is not happy with the kind of language Nairalanders use on the Nairaland Forum.  They have even taken punitive measures against us to drive home the point that they want Nairaland to be clean: no dirty language, illegal activities, etc
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by skynylaw: 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
I have been looking for google search at the bottom, has been remove. now i understand
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by nellaluv(f): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
I'm already seeing a new word MANLINESS and WOMANLINESS tongue
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by patwhizkid(f): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
What'z next? Erhmmm. . .i guess very soon google would ask him to change our usernames/locations too.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
I noticed that Google is no longer the main search machine. . . . is that why?

Cuz I really dont like Yahoo search machine.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by tkb417(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2009
Siena:

Rhymz, if members stuck to the rules, and conversed without swearing, or using vulgar language, there'd be no need for censorship, so posts wouldn't "lose their meaning", as you put it.

I'm on other forums, no need posting a list, but members converse as adults, without the need for abusive language. The fact swear words and similar can be Googled and yield results, doesn't make them right for everyday conversation!
and according to you

orgzm is a swear word undecided
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Tudor6(f): 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
Opposite s.ex has now become opposite intimacy. . . May the force help us all.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
. . .  oh i see. . . .  undecided now i can't type Snoop D.o.g.g.y Dog at a go no mo >>>>>Snoop "canine" Dog ??>>>> how is that explicit pls? 

was trina type Lil D.o.g.g.y Dog on here yester,n then i thot it was my computer actin up.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Igwe9(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
what? dog gy and its writing canine lol smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
/\
            i
            i
        see?

Rap music can neva b d same no mo on NL tongue
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Igwe9(m): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
orga sm = hallelujah grin grin grin so funny
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Carlosein(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
Igwe.:

orga sm = hallelujah grin grin grin so funny

IT'S A LIE! shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? / Dear Men, How Long Can An Average Man Go Without Sex? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION:the One Disease 80% Of Men Suffer From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.