Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,664 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian (51287 Views)

"People Still Wish It Was Falz I Got Married To" - Simi Opens Up / Ali Baba Reacts To Falz "This Is Nigeria" Video: Everyone Is Criminal In Nigeria / Wizkid Performs In Kenyan Under The Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by justjify(m): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
shocked
Is Falz not a fraudster??

He impregnated Simi without marrying her,
Is that not fraud?

Our artistes are mostly fraudsters.
Abi na "softwork" and "wehdone sir"make am hammer so?
Why can't you pretend to be sensible for once? angry

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dreamwaker:
They mistook you for a Biafran I'm pretty sure.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA..
The whole world knows its South westerners AKA Afonjas AKA Yoruba people who are the largest perpetrators of cyber crimes and internet fraud in Africa...Every country where credit scam fraud, mortgage fraud, pension fraud, cheque fraud, dating fraud , ATM fraud is done by Afonja gangs in organized crime patterns , so hush up and commit suicide

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by ritababe(f): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
ib22003:
That on no pain me. In the last episode of homeland sekou bah a Nigeria America detonated a bomb with a van in new York and they mentioned he had ties to boko harm. Sekou bah is not even a Nigerian name

thunder fire them, which season be that?
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Boyooosa(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Falz, tread softly o... boys are not smiling o. no go do wetin go make boiz vex for u o! igbayen wa nko? subject yourself to routinal check na, whats d noise about? eh ehn, u r now a celeb abi? they must not check u in the airport again? wait small make boiz meet u for that airport.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Tbamo(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
ChubbychummyICE:
afonjas d saints...

Not to be sexist but being a female E warrior/ tribalist is extremely unbecoming and silly.

leave all that for the jobless testosterone driven idiots on both sides!
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Jeezbaby(f): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
Only if they know the son of who you are.......
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
Oh dear
So they dont know him in Kenya

3 Likes

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by tripoli007(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
shocked

Is that not fraud?

hope you know falz is a barrister and he's father is a renown lawyer and human right activist FEmi falana.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Hbuyosh(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
It's not usual that Nigerians or pipo from anywhere in the world get this kind of treatment at our airports. There must have been grounds for the immigration officials to suspect them, sumthing which that gentleman isnt divulging, but acting the victim.

4 Likes

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by GodIsFoolish: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dreamwaker:

We all know that Afonjas are the main cyber criminals in Africa
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Exciton(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
The annoying thing is that Nigerians will crack stupid jokes as usual about something as important as our image.

We should demand that our bloody useless Foreign Affairs ministry do their goddamn job to ensure that Nigerians face as little discrimination as possible around the world. We should demand that our security agencies make it fucking hard for those drug dealing bastards and their likes to get out of the country.

Finally, we should also do our homework - making such lines of work to be a thing of shame in our society.

But of course, I dey yarn dust. The nation is filled with mad people who prefer to crack jokes and lament on social media at the expense of real development and a healthy image.

3 Likes

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by mikeapollo: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
Soldier rapper, Falz says he was treated as a criminal at a Kenyan airport.

In a new interview with Sound City‘s Moet Abebe, Falz said he recently went holidaying in Kenya with a group of friends, and at the airport, was treated with the worst discrimination he had ever experienced.

“We were about getting into the airport..in Kenya. The [immigration] sent us to go to the side [along] with Nigerian people [and] they just kept on saying ‘cyber crime! internet fraud!,” Falz revealed.

“It was disgraceful. It was extremely shameful. Obviously, it is discrimination. Because I’m Nigerian, you automatically think I am a cyber criminal?”

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/falz-i-was-treated-as-criminal-in.html

It is simple!
If our people behave themselves when they travel abroad, we will be treated well and respected by people around the world. I am sure other nationals were not treated the same way.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by jordinsparkles(f): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
saintdennis:

Per the emboldened, you've actually stated the 'problem'

When a south African company, tags a show 'big brother NAIJA (not even Nigeria ooo...NAIJA is a unique local word coined by us for us)

They filming. that show in SOUTH AFRICA ...and you guys are still watching it?

Then complain when they disrespect ya'll?

Can you respect someone who doesn't. Respect himself?
Hmmmm but even at that, its wrong.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by jordinsparkles(f): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
naijalander:

It started when you started floodijg their country with Yahoo boys and drug pushers

that's harsh!
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by oinasteinzz(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
shocked

Is that not fraud?

Special adviser of Falz on fraudulent practice and Simi matters #wehdonesir
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by joseph1832ng: 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
Still, I still wonder. Nigerians treat foreign nationals like gods in Nigeria, but abroad, they treat us like thieves. I wonder what will happen the day we start treating them like garbage. undecided
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
season what was that?
ritababe:
not new.
when you mention Nigeria all they think about is fraud and drugs, they even mention Nigeria and drugs in Agent of shield, I was like so na only that one they know us for?
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
ritababe:
not new.
when you mention Nigeria all they think about is fraud and drugs, they even mention Nigeria and drugs in Agent of shield, I was like so na only that one they know us for?
which season and episode?
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by alphajerus(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dolypson04:
Kenya of all countries? That's epic!

really epic my dear.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by yinkarh187(m): 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
jordinsparkles:
Awwwwwn ndo o... But wait a minute, what is wrong with some African countries eg south Africa and now Kenya? When did all these rubbish start? Because In my entire life, I've never heard about Nigerians being hostile to other African countries. This isn't right!
no mind dem na inferiority complex dey worry dem
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Omoluabi16(m): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ha. Our image is so terrible. When you converse with some whites, they begin to call you the NIGERIAN PRINCE. Cyber crime is our expertise here.. I don receive over 10sms telling me about bvn upgrade. sorry falz, its the price you pay for being Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by ritababe(f): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
Kyri:
which season and episode?
season three, close to the last episode, mentioned by hunter.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Exciton(m): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
ib22003:
That on no pain me. In the last episode of homeland sekou bah a Nigeria America detonated a bomb with a van in new York and they mentioned he had ties to boko harm. Sekou bah is not even a Nigerian name

You noticed it too. I was annoyed when I saw it but it's nothing compared to a new series (Six) that basically portrayed Nigeria as a nation overtaken by Boko Haram and even had a stronghold in the Niger Delta area. 90% of what they portrayed as our language was unintelligible nonsense. The whole thing was just a shameful and upsetting mess.

The honest fact is that no one respects poor and weak nations because we have no say in the grand scheme of things - especially the African countries and since Nigeria is the most popular of them all, we get disrespected more frequently to the extent that other African nations believe it.

The only way out is to work together to build a rich and powerful nation that has the power to place sanctions on whoever treats us like sh!t.

There is no glory or honour in being poor and helpless and without a voice. We need to become strong!

6 Likes

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by ritababe(f): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
rainbowwkhid:
season what was that?

three
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by sucre2(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
I went through the same thing last year at the Jomo Kenyatta airport.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Omoluabi16(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
ritababe:
not new.
Exciton:

You noticed it too. I was annoyed when I saw it but it's nothing compared to a new series (Six) that basically portrayed Nigeria as a nation overtaken by Boko Haram and even had a stronghold in the Niger Delta area. 90% of what they portrayed as our language was unintelligible nonsense. The whole thing was just a shameful and upsetting mess.

The honest fact is that no one respects poor and weak nations because we have no say in the grand scheme of things - especially the African countries and since Nigeria is the most popular of them all, we get disrespected more frequently to the extent that other African nations believe it.

The only way out is to work together to build a rich and powerful nation that has the power to place sanctions on whoever treats us like sh!t.

There is no glory or honour in being poor and helpless and without a voice. We need to become strong!
google/youtube the word 'the nigerian prince' and see several distasteful memes about nigerians.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by awa(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dreamwaker:

He said he was mistreated because he is a Nigerian so stop thinking and start realizing that your inborn hatred for Biafra ain't gonna change anything.

Sometimes I wonder why there is huge understanding problem among people from that tribe...
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by rigarmortis: 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dreamwaker:

so all those people caught and imprisoned in the UK and USA for internet fraud are biafrans?

drugs? maybe yes, but yoruba people take the cake in internet scammers caught overseas.

i am gradually sinking into this tribal warfare thing at last.
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Tunchi101(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
ritababe:
not new.
Agents of shield! A lady after my own heart smiley
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by BobHIGHNESS(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
jordinsparkles:
Awwwwwn ndo o... But wait a minute, what is wrong with some African countries eg south Africa and now Kenya? When did all these rubbish start? Because In my entire life, I've never heard about Nigerians being hostile to other African countries. This isn't right!
Nigeria should reform her image,we're been viewing as the worst country alive not just by whites even by our fellow africa countries,we need to redeem our lost image

1 Like

Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by Damsman10(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
ritababe:
not new.

even Sheldon in Big Bang Theory
Re: Falz - I Was Treated As A Criminal In Kenyan Airport Because I'm Nigerian by naijalander: 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
but its a fact, those countries have better law enforcement than Naija. Don't expect to go there and commit crime and they should sit and be looking the way we do here in Naija. So sad :-(

jordinsparkles:
that's harsh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash / Chigul Shows The Scars On Her Body (Photos) / Omotola Arrives Warri For The First Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.