Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? (15799 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Worst Demonic And Religious Cult In The world Is Roman Catholic church / What is the False Gospel Within Christianity Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2017
Jacksonville:

Exactly. They are too religious.

They should realise that religion and righteousness does not necessarily mean the same thing.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
CriticMaestro:

u call them name of mohammed more than five times wen ur praying, wat does that mean, and Y is it that mohammed solely sai that jesus is not the son of G0d?

Just as Roman Catholics recite the name of "Holy Mary" more than they do for Our Heavenly Father or Jesus.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Actually, mary is an example of true doctrine.

Yeah right, like Mariolatry. undecided
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Where did u find faith alone in the bible? abi u are the one teaching a false gospel?

We are saved by faith alone in Christ alone which is by grace. See Ephesians 2:8-9 for details. cool
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ubenedictus:

And christianity is also a religion. so?

Christianity is a relationship with Christ while Roman Catholicism is historical religion. cool

1 Like

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Been religious is now a bad thing abi?

Being religious will not get you to heaven righteousness would. cool
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by blackbriar: 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What book of the Bible teaches purgatory? undecided
Maccabes
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by blackbriar: 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Christianity is a relationship with Christ while Roman Catholicism is historical religion. cool
Catholicism still lives on and teaches the doctrine of the saving christ
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by blackbriar: 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=55234095]

Christianity is a relationship with Christ while Roman Catholicism is historical religion. cool[/quote

Pls define wat you mean by a relationship with christ? Cos judas be get relationship wit christ
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by ichuka(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
John 3:16New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
The key point is do they believe in our lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
blackbriar:

Maccabes

Is that book God breathed?
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by blackbriar: 8:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Is that book God breathed?

Pls read d book cos u tnk u re right doesn't mean the otHer person is wrong
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
blackbriar:

Pls read d book cos u tnk u re right doesn't mean the otHer person is wrong

You did not answer my question. cool
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Mummyjoy: 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
If only they can remove images and chaplet
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Being religious will not get you to heaven righteousness would. cool
Be truely christian, which is by definition religious will get me to heaven.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Define religion pls.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

We are saved by faith alone in Christ alone which is by grace. See Ephesians 2:8-9 for details. cool
I cant find any of those 'alone' in my bible, u made them all up or u just copied the heresy of martin luther?
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Yeah right, like Mariolatry. undecided
Mariolatry is a sin and is condemned in catholicism, try again.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by oladoja1(m): 6:46am On Apr 04, 2017
CriticMaestro:
the worship mary a human, same as muslims worship mohammed also human
his some one who is mad that will worship human being, Jesus and Muhammad eat, drank, they were hungry why should I worship them, I only believed they were chosen to guide us to the right part not to worship them. u can't see where Jesus or Muhammad said worship me in Bible and Quran but u should believe in what they brought
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 7:57am On Apr 04, 2017
Catholicism is not a false religion... it is the Church Christ founded and we'll learned people who study good history will know that not people who follow people who use cartoons or gotquestions.com who the owner (Michael Hourdmann) is a Calvinist once saved always saved heretic... if you want the faith of the early Christians and you do your research you will find out the truth.. instead of going to biased anti-Catholic websites to get info for nairaland visit accurate historical sites... Jesus founded a church on Peter and that church Can be historically traced to be the Catholic Church go and read the Church fathers heart from the early Christians like Justin the martyr, cyril of Jerusalem, Ignatius of Antioch, polycarp, most of whom knew the apostles and learned from them.
the Church was one until 1054 when the great schism happened and even with that they were still united in most beliefs until Luther came along in 1554 and gave birth to all the divisions we have today.

the best response you can give is that the Church was corrupted but then you make Jesus a liar when he said in mat 16:18-19 "THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NEVER PREVAIL AGAINST IT"...

On being too religious... Religion is good, and you can't accuse Catholics alone for being too religious, you find such people everywhere... and Christianity is indeed a religion because the Bible says so
1 Tim 3:15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. 16 Great indeed, we confess, is the MYSTERY of OUR RELIGION:

James 1:26 If any one thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this man’s religion is vain. 27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

1 Tim 2:10 but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion

So religion Is not bad but as the scriptures above say, helps build righteousness...

ON FAITH ALONE...
the Catholic Church believes in GRACE ALONE but not FAITH ALONE...
yes at our initial justification, when we become Christians (born again ) we were indeed saved by our faith alone but after we become children of God, our work will also help to justify us before Men and God, exactly as Ephesians 2:8-10 says

there is no "faith alone"any where in the Bible... apart from James 2:24 You see that a man is justified by WORKS and NOT by FAITH ALONE.

We belief that true faith is one that works as Galatians 5:6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love.
any faith that doesn't produce good works is a dead faith James 2:17 So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Syncan(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Have I not told you before to study your scriptures well?

James 2:24-26

Do you see that a man is justified by means of works, and not by faith alone?

Similarly also, Rahab, the harlot, was she not justified by works, by receiving the messengers and sending them out through another way?

For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
martooski:
its not a gospel

its the church founded by Christ with Apostle Peter his leader

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it." (Matt. 16:18).
I would wish that matt 16:18 says "And I also say to you that you are peter, and upon you I will build my church..."

You will notice comma before "And upon this rock I will build my church..." to show He has started making another point. Ask yourself what is THIS ROCK? You will find it in the bible.

Christ was not pointing at peter as he was saying this, Just to cause seperation between the true Gospel and the false gospel,gospel of man and Gospel of Christ,he put commas there that only wise will understand.

Those who follow man will quote to justify to their damnation ie spirit of delusion.

Peter was given the key and he used it and open the door for Jews on the Pantecost and 3000 came in. He also opened the door of the gospel to gentiles and we came in.

That door is still open waiting for you to come in till the master stands up.

Nobody replace peter but peter was used to open the door,another will be used point other people that the door is already open that they might come in.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
luckyCO:

I would wish that matt 16:18 says "And I also say to you that you are peter, and upon[i]you[/i] I will build my church..."

You will notice comma before "And upon this rock I will build my church..." to show He has started makinh another point.

Christ was not pointing at peter as he was saying this, Just to cause seperation between the true Gospel and the false gospel,gospel of man and Gospel of Christ,he put commas there that only wise will understand.

Those who follow man will quote to justify to their damnation ie spirit of delusion.

with due respect to you sir, context is key.... Jesus was giving Peter Authority and not putting him down in any way. ..
Mat 16: 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you BIND on earth shall be BOUND in heaven, and whatever you LOOSE on earth SHALL BE LOOSED in heaven.”

He said all this in Response to Peter's confession... not just the Rock and church statement but the authority of the "KEYS TO THE KINGDOM" TO "BIND AND LOOSE...
this fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 22: 20 In that day I will call my servant Eli′akim the son of Hilki′ah, 21 and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. 22 And I will place on his shoulder the KEY of the house of DAVID; HE SHALL OPEN, and NONE SHALL SHUT; and he SHALL SHUT, and NONE SHALL OPEN.

the Greek word σοι or soi means you in the singular form meaning he was talking to Peter alone... The Church is the new Kingdom, Jesus is the King of this Kingdom... so just like in the Davidic Kingdom of old... the king (David) had a steward Shebna, who because of his sins was replaced by Eliakim, So is Peter Made the Steward of Jesus's Kingdom, the Church....

So indeed Jesus was not putting Peter down because it will not fit the context of praising his answer, putting him down then giving him authority... Instead it's follows that JESUS PRAISED HIS ANSWER, ELEVATED HIM AND GAVE HIM AUTHORITY..

Final note... yes he opened the door and we all came in.. but he also has power to shut it... not just open... and that Power didn't die with Peter just like Judas Is cariot's "office" didn't die with him and he had to be succeeded see acts 1:20-26, so also did all the apostles who died their office was taken by others to ensure continuity and authority in the Church....
Read the early Church Fathers like Eusebius, Tertullian and Origen for more on how things happened in the early Church...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
easymancfc:

with due respect to you sir, context is key.... Jesus was giving Peter Authority and not putting him down in any way. ..
Mat 16: 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you BIND on earth shall be BOUND in heaven, and whatever you LOOSE on earth SHALL BE LOOSED in heaven.”
That confession he made is the rock. It is the revealation of whom Jesus is. It was that revelation triggered that statement

He said all this in Response to Peter's confession... not just the Rock and church statement but the authority of the "KEYS TO THE KINGDOM" TO "BIND AND LOOSE...
this fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 22: 20 In that day I will call my servant Eli′akim the son of Hilki′ah, 21 and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. 22 And I will place on his shoulder the KEY of the house of DAVID; HE SHALL OPEN, and NONE SHALL SHUT; and he SHALL SHUT, and NONE SHALL OPEN.

the Greek word σοι or soi means you in the singular form meaning he was talking to Peter alone... The Church is the new Kingdom, Jesus is the King of this Kingdom... so just like in the Davidic Kingdom of old... the king (David) had a steward Shebna, who because of his sins was replaced by Eliakim, So is Peter Made the Steward of Jesus's Kingdom, the Church....

So indeed Jesus was not putting Peter down because it will not fit the context of praising his answer, putting him down then giving him authority... Instead it's follows that JESUS PRAISED HIS ANSWER, ELEVATED HIM AND GAVE HIM AUTHORITY..

I didnt say in any way that Christ was putting peter down. I was trying to interprete the same scripture. Note Christ must glorified not peter

Final note... yes he opened the door and we all came in.. but he also has power to shut it... not just open... and that Power didn't die with Peter just like Judas Is cariot's "office" didn't die with him and he had to be succeeded see acts 1:20-26, so also did all the apostles who died their office was taken by others to ensure continuity and authority in the Church....
Read the early Church Fathers like Eusebius, Tertullian and Origen for more on how things happened in the early Church...

It is not in his power to shut it. Christ will shut it when he stands up from the throne.
It is the door of salvation under grace is what the key is for.

Christ is the one who gives office,if any of his office holder dies He himself chooses another not man.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
luckyCO:

It is not in his power to shut it. Christ will shut it when he stands up from the throne.
It is the door of salvation under grace is what the key is for.

Christ is the one who gives office,if any of his office holder dies He himself chooses another not man.

Christ will indeed shut the door of salvation at the end of time.. and he has the key and what he shuts no one can open and vice versa (see rev 3:7-cool
but it's not an EITHER.. OR ... it's BOTH.... JESUS has the KEY, and HE gives it to PETER, just like David had the Key but gave it to Shebna, and later Eliakim...
Indeed Christ is the one who gives office and if any of his office holder dies he can give office to another through his other office holders... because he told his disciples that
Mat 10:40 “He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives him who sent me.
Luke 10:16 “He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

Luke 22:29 as my Father appointed a kingdom for me, so do I appoint for you

john 17:8 for I have given them the words which thou gavest me, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from thee;

John 20:21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.”

We see In all these passages Jesus Christ communicating his Authority to his apostles...
And we even see in mat 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven...

and we see the Church act in that stead in Christ's Authority that Peter and the other apostles using Christ's Authority to pick Judas's successor (acts 1:20-26), and they use that authority again in the matter of the Judaizers in Acts 15:15-21...

Peter used that power to exclude and admit on Simon Magnus in acts 8:23, and Ananias and Sapphira, in acts 5:1-11...
Paul also uses that power to exclude in 1 cor 5: 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? LET HIM WHO HAS DONE THIS BE REMOVED FROM AMONG YOU...
this was concerning a man sleeping with his father's wife

he also showed the power to readmit that same man in 2 cor 2: 6 For such a one this punishment by the majority is enough; 7 so you should rather turn to forgive and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. 8 So I beg you to reaffirm your love for him.

Paul also gives instructions to Timothy and Titus to ordain people because they have the authority of Christ to do so because hands were laid on them by the apostles who got that power from Christ ( see 2 Tim 2:2, 1:6-7, 1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-end...)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by CriticMaestro: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
oladoja1:

his some one who is mad that will worship human being, Jesus and Muhammad eat, drank, they were hungry why should I worship them, I only believed they were chosen to guide us to the right part not to worship them. u can't see where Jesus or Muhammad said worship me in Bible and Quran but u should believe in what they brought
do u know the bible?

explain this

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by martooski(m): 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
luckyCO:

I would wish that matt 16:18 says "And I also say to you that you are peter, and upon you I will build my church..."

You will notice comma before "And upon this rock I will build my church..." to show He has started making another point. Ask yourself what is THIS ROCK? You will find it in the bible.

Peter was given the key and he used it and open the door for Jews on the Pantecost and 3000 came in. He also opened the door of the gospel to gentiles and we came in.

Nobody replace peter but peter was used to open the door,another will be used point other people that the door is already open that they might come in.

For your mind you just explain the scripture. I thought you have got a better sermon..... Msche
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
luckyCO:

there is no comma in d original hebrew or greek.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ubenedictus:
there is no comma in d original hebrew or greek.

Indeed Ubenedictis... I neglected to mention that, in the Greek, there's no comma, I don't know how I forgot about that.. that for pointing that out, there would have not been a need to speak all those grammar I spoke

1 Like

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by oladoja1(m): 7:00am On Apr 05, 2017
CriticMaestro:

do u know the bible?

explain this

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
I thought u will even bring something that will be tough, he is the way means, if u don't follow his message/rules and believe God did through him you will not be admitted in to paradise.
John 12:49
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
when Noah was alive, he was the way cause if people believed him dey will have joined in the Ark and they will be saved
Elijah was the way during is time
Moses was d way during his time. etc

1 Like

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by CriticMaestro: 8:41am On Apr 05, 2017
oladoja1:

I thought u will even bring something that will be tough, he is the way means, if u don't follow his message/rules and believe God did through him you will not be admitted in to paradise.
John 12:49
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
when Noah was alive, he was the way cause if people believed him dey will have joined in the Ark and they will be saved
Elijah was the way during is time
Moses was d way during his time. etc
show me in the bible were it was written that during there time they referred themselves as the way
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by oladoja1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
CriticMaestro:

show me in the bible were it was written that during there time they referred themselves as the way
my words are self explanatory that all prophets of God are the way, when u follow what ever they preach u are on the right part, they were all sent to come and guide us to the right part, that was as why I gave u an example that people who followed Noah to is ark wont they be guided.
Genesis12:3
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." u can see here that all prophets of God are the way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Breaking Of Family Covenant / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? / My Encounter With A Woman Of God, Prophetic Still Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.