Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? (15771 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Worst Demonic And Religious Cult In The world Is Roman Catholic church / What is the False Gospel Within Christianity Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
peter is not the only sherpherd no, he isnt, but he was the servant who was specifically given charge of the sheep. That is the meaning of having d keys, the keys is given to d prime minister...there are other ministers but only 1 has d keys i.e D prime minister

Ephesians 2:20
New International Version
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
Apostles and Prophets here is talking about Old testament prophets and new testament apostles

We dont need to build another foundation, Jesus already founded the church on the apostles and principally peter matt 16.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:
"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matt. 19:28

Here, after Matt. 16:18, we see Jesus promising His apostles that they would sit on 12 thrones and judge Israel. He does not say anything whatsoever that implied that Peter's was a special position, or that he would be the prime minister. He does not say that Peter's throne would be more exalted that the others.

Or has Jesus forgotten what He said to Peter in Matt. 16:18?
You are the one who forgot it, that is why you aren't interpreting scriptures holistically. You have somehow deleted it from ur mind that Jesus already gave peter a new name and the keys to the kingdom.

Jesus said it bt i guess u dont believe it.

1 Like

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
OYA READ!
The problem is you do not read becos a few verses later Jesus tells us who has the duty of strengthening the brethren and it is peter

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen
thy brethren.

We should go back to the foundation. What is the office apostle? What does Holy Ghost came to do?
If you get these wrong you never understand those verses.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
No sir, you are pointing me to heresy while i am showing the plain words of Jesus. It was Jesus who gave peter the keys in matt 16:19 making him the prime minister in his kingdom. cf is 22.

It was this heresy that lead to the death of many believers you know where some people said they dont believe in Pope as peter's succession.

Christ is the prime minister of the Kingdom Peter is fellow servant in the kingdom. He clearly states in the house of Cornelius.
I state again, the key given to peter was not key to personal elevation but key to Open doors of free salvation that Christ brought which gives the knowledge of whom Christ is.
He used the key on the Pentecost and in the house of Cornelius.

That incidence lead to 3000 believers from around the world and Gospel moved round the world and continues. The door is still open,a time will come Christ will come and close the door and take back his key on the hands of in the keepers and salvation will be over, then you will know fully well who is the peter that is your prime minister of which you know it is not apostolic peter but another peter.

Apostolic office does not stay somewhere dishing out order and instruction but fields fighters of faith. They give themselves to be killed for the knowledge of Christ to be established.

And they did well having established the foundation(we dont know any other foundation other than that which they established), they hand it over to Prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers who also continued propagating the gospel till date.

1 Like

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I'm confused: how does strengthening the brethren mean being their head or prime minister or overseer?

You are yet to show me where even Peter himself acted like he was over the church, or where he hinted at someone succeeding him as the head.
The prime minister position was giving in matt 16:18,19, in luke 22:32, Jesus tells us that the guy with the key of the kingdom(authority) is also to strengthen d brethern.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
luckyCO:

It was this heresy that lead to the death of many believers you know where some people said they dont believe in Pope as peter's succession.

Christ is the prime minister of the Kingdom Peter is fellow servant in the kingdom. He clearly states in the house of Cornelius.
I state again, the key given to peter was not key to personal elevation but key to Open doors of free salvation that Christ brought which gives the knowledge of whom Christ is.
He used the key on the Pentecost and in the house of Cornelius.who is the peter that is your prime minister.
what nonesense did u write @ bold?

How can u call Jesus the prime minister of d kingdom when he is KING? IS KING AND MINISTER THE SAME? Is it mistake or ignorance?

3 Likes

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
what nonesense did u write @ bold?

How can u call Jesus the prime minister of d kingdom when he is KING? IS KING AND MINISTER THE SAME? Is it mistake or ignorance?

What is then then meaning of prime minister?
In the coming kingdom everybody is equal. Apostle is not biger or better than teachers. He gave gifts according to His mercy.

I ask which kingdom are you talking about?
If you are talking about anti-christ kingdom then your version of peter can be your prime minster.

But the coming kingdom(milenium) Christ is our prime minister,king,ruler,Judge etc such that all be in him and He in the Father that God will be all in all.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
luckyCO:

What is then then meaning of prime minister?
In the coming kingdom everybody is equal. Apostle is not biger or better than teachers. He gave gifts according to His mercy.

If you are talking about anti-christ kingdom then your version of peter can be your prime minster.

But the coming kingdom(milenium) Christ is our prime minister,king,ruler,Judge etc such that all be in him and He in the Father that God will be all in all.
My dear, the bible says the kingdom of God is alread in your midst, if u don't know this i wonder what they teach u guys in church.

Christ is king and he gave peter the symbol of the office of prime ministe cf. Is 22
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by btoks: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:

The book is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of Paul. It is not intelligent to imply that the book of Acts focuses on Paul. Since the book is named "Acts of the Apostles", it is only wise to believe that all the important acts of the apostles were recorded in it.

Luke the first class historian couldn't have failed to record it if Peter went to Rome.
The book was never called the 'Acts of the Apostles' by the author and you're assuming all the important events were recorded. (You're speaking 2000 years after the event - perhaps check out writings closer to the time)

As it's been mentioned by another poster, where are the activities of the remaining 7 or 8 apostles?

2 Likes

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Splinz(m): 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
luckyCO:

Of course, you're not far from the truth. Here are some refreshing history:

Splinz:

Recall that Peter’s commission was to the lost tribes of Israel. In neither his nor Paul’s letters is there any indication that Peter was ever in Rome. The Catholics have always claimed that not only was Peter the first Roman bishop, but that he was also martyred in Rome. Even if he was brought there for execution, the fact remains that Peter never served there. The false claim that the apostle Peter was the first pope was appropriately labeled “Fiction pure and simple” by the author of the well-known Halley’s Bible Handbook, page 768. The person of great “distinction” who bore the title of Peter at Rome was, in fact, Simon Magus. The title of “Peter” or “Pater” or “Patre” was a title of religious primacy that Simon Magus donned. Thus, he carried the title Simon “Peter.” The word “Pater” is of the same derivation as the word “Papa” or “Father” or “Pope.”

Now notice Christ’s direct command pertaining to such titles in Matthew 23:9: “And call no man your father upon the earth: for One is your Father, which is in heaven.” This verse forbids the use of “Father” as a religious title, as was done by the Babylonian Mystery Religion. Of course, this command does not relate to one’s father in the sense of being a parent.

The individual responsible for designating Peter as the first Pope was Hegesippus, an apostate from the true Church. He must have known that Peter, a married man (Matt. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5), was not a celibate priest and was the antithesis of what the pope represented. Hegesippus “…originally drew up the list of Roman bishops, on which Anicetus and his successors—down to the Pope today—based their claim to be the successors of a Peter” (the title claimed by Simon Magus) (ACBCC, lesson 49, p. 15).

To learn more about this Simon Magus, check out this thread of mine: https://www.nairaland.com/3558502/true-founder-history-catholic-church#52587802
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Splinz:

To learn more about this Simon Magus, check out this thread of mine: https://www.nairaland.com/3558502/true-founder-history-catholic-church#52587802
oya lets roll out the conspiracy theory
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Syncan(m): 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
luckyCO:

Am not diverting the attention am only pointing to you the reason we are discussing, I dont discuss to argue or destroy someone, I discuss to share my line of thought. And we are gradually shifting ground the reason why we are discussing.

Now let me stick to the reason why we discuss

God has converted His blessings into spiritual dimension for safe keeping( Late Rev Fr Njoku Upper Room Ministry and I agree with him).
Since God has done that,it is imperative to look for the things of God from spiritual/revelational point of view.

Matt 16:17-18, I build my church on peter(Physical)
Eph 5:23, Christ is the Head of the Church(Spiritual).
Colosian 1:18 Christ is the Head of the body, the Church(spiritual).

The Church here has no physical address, has no physical headquarter, no physical head but everything here is purely spiritual such that devil wont spoil it again as he did in the Garden of Eden hence Christ our Last Adam(1 Cor 15:45).

If you check this with divine revelation you will understand first God does not keep his salvation in the physical temple or person since Christ came else devil would have destroyed it. More emphasis.

Take for instance in Gal 2:11-12, if the church is built upon peter, devil would have accused him and destroy the church again upon what Jesus has suffered.

Am not distorting your reasoning but sharing a line of thought should incase you might need it later.

I believe the church of Christ is already one(spiritual not physical as in name of church and all that), we have different Gospels in the land. I believe what these Gospels are doing is sorting children of promise to that of the bond woman.

However, how I know the true Gospel is; claim anything, believe anything,say anything but what you are saying,believing and claiming must lead me(the hearer) to Christ straight and help me look at his face and become more like him.

Like in most of what you've been saying, there are elements of truths in them, yet you apply these truths wrongly by not acknowledging other truths. So in using partial truths to reach a conclusion, you get to a faulty end.

The Church is both spiritual and Physical. The word "Church" in greek is ekklesia which means "convocation." It designates the assembly of those whom God's Word "convokes," i.e., gathers together to form the People of God, and who themselves, nourished with the Body of Christ, become the Body of Christ. The physical Church is called the body of Christ, and that's why St. Paul noted thus "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Eph.4:11-12. This physical Church is also described as the fold, members are described as the sheep, leaders are described as shepherds. Because there exists a physical fold, that's why there could be other sheep that are outside the fold Jn 10:16. It however was the intention of Christ that they may be one Jn.17:21. Christ while here called himself the good shepherd, then he expressly told Peter particularly in the presence of others, to feed his sheep, and strengthen his brethren John 21:15- 17, Lk.22:31-32. Three times did he call only him, three times did he repeat his mandate to only him, for the avoidance of doubt, yet its a pity its still been debated here.

In Matt.16:18, Jesus talked about the Kingdom, to which he made peter the Prime minister(Key as symbol). There must be order, organisation in the fold, that's why there was succession to the seat of Judas, that's why though Jesus never mentioned deacons and Bishops; the apostles installed them. That's why there was a council in Jerusalem. Disobedience to this structure is what led to this chaos in Christendom today, where one tells the congregation to eat grass, and another says those who observe Sunday as day of rest will go to hell. Believing the Church as spiritual only is self deceit, a mirage, to think that somewhat God authors all these contradictions from various pulpits is a pity.

It is good you pointed out that devil would attempt to destroy the church by accusing Peter, but have you forgotten that Jesus foretold that Peter as a person wasn't going to be perfect LK.22:31-32, but he assured him of his rise, and charged him to strengthen the rest brethren, to whom else was this mandate given? You talk about Gal.2:11-12, but didn't you see what now happened in Acts 15:7 ? Jesus already talked about these things, it shouldn't be a bother to you, just believe Him. What you should rather concern yourself is why it was important that Paul take his teachings back to the apostles for confirmation, "lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain". Gal.2:2

The Church exists which has it's origin from Christ. This church is one (I agree with you). She is holy, in the sense that it is the body of Christ, in her holiness she has produced holy men and women over the years and her teachings and acts continue to guide men and women towards holiness. This Church can trace its existence and authority back to the apostles. This church is universal in outreach. That's how to Identify this Church.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
Splinz:

Conspiracy theories....

You know it's funny how every anti Catholic denomination have their own theory of How the Catholic Church is an apostate church... each with a different origin... Jehovah's witnesses gave their own, Mormons have their own, plus all the other Protestant denominations

YOUR SOURCE HAS ALREADY SOLD YOU OUT, IT'S NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE FOR ONE, ITS FROM AN ATI CATHOLIC SOURCE, SO IT IS NOT FREE FROM BIAS AND DEFAMATION...

1 Like

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
Syncan:

Like in most of what you've been saying, there are elements of truths in them, yet you apply these truths wrongly by not acknowledging other truths. So in using partial truths to reach a conclusion, you get to a faulty end.

The Church is both spiritual and Physical. The word "Church" in greek is ekklesia which means "convocation." It designates the assembly of those whom God's Word "convokes," i.e., gathers together to form the People of God, and who themselves, nourished with the Body of Christ, become the Body of Christ. The physical Church is called the body of Christ, and that's why St. Paul noted thus "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Eph.4:11-12. This physical Church is also described as the fold, members are described as the sheep, leaders are described as shepherds. Because there exists a physical fold, that's why there could be other sheep that are outside the fold Jn 10:16. It however was the intention of Christ that they may be one Jn.17:21. Christ while here called himself the good shepherd, then he expressly told Peter particularly in the presence of others, to feed his sheep, and strengthen his brethren John 21:15- 17, Lk.22:31-32. Three times did he call only him, three times did he repeat his mandate to only him, for the avoidance of doubt, yet its a pity its still been debated here.

In Matt.16:18, Jesus talked about the Kingdom, to which he made peter the Prime minister(Key as symbol). There must be order, organisation in the fold, that's why there was succession to the seat of Judas, that's why though Jesus never mentioned deacons and Bishops; the apostles installed them. That's why there was a council in Jerusalem. Disobedience to this structure is what led to this chaos in Christendom today, where one tells the congregation to eat grass, and another says those who observe Sunday as day of rest will go to hell. Believing the Church as spiritual only is self deceit, a mirage, to think that somewhat God authors all these contradictions from various pulpits is a pity.

It is good you pointed out that devil would attempt to destroy the church by accusing Peter, but have you forgotten that Jesus foretold that Peter as a person wasn't going to be perfect LK.22:31-32, but he assured him of his rise, and charged him to strengthen the rest brethren, to whom else was this mandate given? You talk about Gal.2:11-12, but didn't you see what now happened in Acts 15:7 ? Jesus already talked about these things, it shouldn't be a bother to you, just believe Him. What you should rather concern yourself is why it was important that Paul take his teachings back to the apostles for confirmation, "lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain". Gal.2:2

The Church exists which has it's origin from Christ. This church is one (I agree with you). She is holy, in the sense that it is the body of Christ, in her holiness she has produced holy men and women over the years and her teachings and acts continue to guide men and women towards holiness. This Church can trace its existence and authority back to the apostles. This church is universal in outreach. That's how to Identify this Church.

The only reason we may not agree is because you quote so many things that has many different meaning as applied to what you are saying, this made me hold myself from diverting our discussion.

The meaning of a verse can be found in the preceding chapter or next of within, God allowed the bible to be compiled that way to sort out children of the Promise to that of the bond women.

When we were preparing for holy communion a story was put fort to us; one man each time he wants to go church he put one pebble into a container, after one year he went back and saw only one, which means he only went to church one time in that whole year.
The body of Christ is purely Spiritual, 1000 people(physical) may attend to a church but only very few attend with their spirit hence Christ, instructed us that God is looking for worshipers that will worship Him in Spirit and truth not truth and Spirit because you can never knew the truth without the Spirit of God hence gathering/convocation does not form the body of Christ the Church.

Only one sin brought down Adam/Even(He has Gods blessing physical) , then if the Church of Jesus Christ is built upon Peter(Has God's blessings physical- the church built upon him) dont you think that one sin can equally bring down the Church because peter was already down before he strengthened himself the church is gone like Adam/Eve?

The church was not built on Peter, it was the revelation that God gave peter the gates of hell cant prevail. It was that revelation assured him of the key to open the door of salvation and gospel was spread throughout the world, after that incidence foundation of our faith was lain by peter and other apostles, after apostolic ministry,came prophetic,evangelical,pastoral and teaching.
That is what we are enjoying now waiting for the return or Christ.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
My dear, the bible says the kingdom of God is alread in your midst, if u don't know this i wonder what they teach u guys in church.

Christ is king and he gave peter the symbol of the office of prime ministe cf. Is 22

Ref in the phases of the kingdoms;
Bible said the kingdom of God is within you(that happen when you receive the Holy Spirit) and the millennial kingdom rule of Christ, which of them is peter your prime minister and what is going to do with the keys given to him?
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Syncan(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

The only reason we may not agree is because you quote so many things that has many different meaning as applied to what you are saying, this made me hold myself from diverting our discussion.

The meaning of a verse can be found in the preceding chapter or next of within, God allowed the bible to be compiled that way to sort out children of the Promise to that of the bond women.

When we were preparing for holy communion a story was put fort to us; one man each time he wants to go church he put one pebble into a container, after one year he went back and saw only one, which means he only went to church one time in that whole year.
The body of Christ is purely Spiritual, 1000 people(physical) may attend to a church but only very few attend with their spirit hence Christ, instructed us that God is looking for worshipers that will worship Him in Spirit and truth not truth and Spirit because you can never knew the truth without the Spirit of God hence gathering/convocation does not form the body of Christ the Church.

Only one sin brought down Adam/Even(He has Gods blessing physical) , then if the Church of Jesus Christ is built upon Peter(Has God's blessings physical- the church built upon him) dont you think that one sin can equally bring down the Church because peter was already down before he strengthened himself the church is gone like Adam/Eve?

The church was not built on Peter, it was the revelation that God gave peter the gates of hell cant prevail. It was that revelation assured him of the key to open the door of salvation and gospel was spread throughout the world, after that incidence foundation of our faith was lain by peter and other apostles, after apostolic ministry,came prophetic,evangelical,pastoral and teaching.

I wonder if you even understand where you're going with this. I have in very simple terms; and laced with scripture, tried to show you how the Church is both Physical and spiritual. You may continue in your error, mine is to lay the truth before you. Even in the face of obvious miracle of healing a man blind from birth, the Jews still chose to believe anything else but the truth. First they believed it wasn't the blind man, then they believed he wasn't blind, then they believed that God did it but via a sinner, they could take anything else but to attest that Jesus is of God Jn.9. You have missed your way, you need to retrace your steps back to your starting point, then you can start moving in the right direction which I have pointed out to you. Do not continue in that deception that the church is "All Join", the church is not that, for she has "One lord, one Faith, one Baptism" Eph.4:5.

You may have problem with Peter's weakness, but the God of the Church is the one who "choose the weak to confound the strong" 1Cor.1:27, do not forget that. He has promised the gate of hell will not overcome her, even as He is building it upon Peter as the visible leader. Over the years the gates of hell have really been ferocious, in the form of Roman persecutions, heretics and schismatics, protestantism, modernism, etc, without success. Jesus had said "no shaking" and I believe him, He will be with the Church till the end of time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

Ref in the phases of the kingdoms;
Bible said the kingdom of God is within you(that happen when you receive the Holy Spirit) and the millennial kingdom rule of Christ, which of them is peter your prime minister and what is going to do with the keys given to him?
Ha! you have been fed horse dung.

You do not need to wait till the milenium to be a member of God's kingdom, the kingdom has began already, the son of man has already receive the kingdom and all sovereignty.

The prophesy of scripture say that a King is coming who will reign on the throne of his father david, Jesus is that king and the reign has began.
The davidic kingdom has someone who receive and holds the keys of the kingdom Isaiah 22:22, the keys are the unmistaken insignia of the prime minister, so when Jesus d davidic king gives someone the keys of his kingdom, that clearly show he had made him prime minister of his kingdom.

3 Likes

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

The Body of Christ indeed has a spiritual dimension but it is not "PURELY SPIRITUAL LIKE YOU SAY"...
the Bible talks about the church as the body of Christ in a physical dimension not only in a Spiritual dimension

1 Tim 3:15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the HOUSEHOLD of GOD, which is the CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR and BULWARK of the TRUTH...

A household is a physical thing first before being spiritual, A household consists of physical people...

Ephesians 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

Like I said earlier, A household consists of physical people...

Ephesians 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipment of the saints, for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Again if it was only a Spiritual dimension it wouldn't need physical offices or officers

Gal 1:2 and all the brethren who are with me, To the churches of Galatia:

Paul was not writing to spirits. but to an assembly or gathering or convocation or Household of people...

we see same in
1 thess 1 Paul, Silva′nus, and Timothy,

To the church of the Thessalo′nians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

To Jesus, his Church is not just to be a Spiritual one but a physical one, that's why he said in Mathew 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, TELL IT TO THE CHURCH; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

how can you tell a Spiritual Church in "Peoples heart" to settle a physical case between brethren...

Paul emphasizes this right of the physical Church to judge cases among believers in

1 cor 6: 1When one of you has a grievance against a brother, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life! 4 If then you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who are least esteemed by the church?

It is this Physical Church that Paul says is the Pillar and bulwark of truth in 1 Tim 3:15...
AM NOT SAYING THE CHURCH DOESN'T HAVE A SPIRITUAL ASPECT BUT AM NOT DENYING THE OBVIOUS PHYSICAL ASPECT...
the aspect that the world can see
WHICH JESUS HIMSELF PRAYED FOR IN
John 17:20 “I do not pray for these only, BUT ALSO FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE in me THROUGH THEIR WORD, 21 THAT THEY MAY ALL BE ONE; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so THAT THE WORLD MAY BELIEVE THAT THOU HAST SENT ME.

whether we like it or not, the church is composed of flesh and blood human being, and all human association require leadership... and this leadership is not unique to the Catholic Church....
.DEEPER LIFE have Kumuyi
LIVING FATH have Oyedepo
MOUNTAIN OF FIRE have Odukoya
REDEEM have Adeboye
DUNAMIS have Enenche
Even
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Have The Governing Body...
No one acuses those leadership which are Man made

but Peter who Jesus picked in John 21:15-26 and Luke 22:32 is difficult for people to accept because it is related to the Catholic Church, .....
IT IS WELL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 9:38am On Apr 08, 2017
Syncan:

I wonder if you even understand where you're going with this. I have in very simple terms; and laced with scripture, tried to show you how the Church is both Physical and spiritual. You may continue in your error, mine is to lay the truth before you. Even in the face of obvious miracle of healing a man blind from birth, the Jews still chose to believe anything else but the truth. First they believed it wasn't the blind man, then they believed he wasn't blind, then they believed that God did it but via a sinner, they could take anything else but to attest that Jesus is of God Jn.9. You have missed your way, you need to retrace your steps back to your starting point, then you can start moving in the right direction which I have pointed out to you. Do not continue in that deception that the church is "All Join", the church is not that, for she has "One lord, one Faith, one Baptism" Eph.4:5.

You may have problem with Peter's weakness, but the God of the Church is the one who "choose the weak to confound the strong" 1Cor.1:27, do not forget that. He has promised the gate of hell will not overcome her, even as He is building it upon Peter as the visible leader. Over the years the gates of hell have really been ferocious, in the form of Roman persecutions, heretics and schismatics, protestantism, modernism, etc, without success. Jesus had said "no shaking" and I believe him, He will be with the Church till the end of time.
That is the main reason I said we will not agree because you still quote scripture I dont believe you know their meaning.

A single revelation you have about God personally can change your life forever and no devil can prevail against it.

When you said church is physical that is when I get problem with your ascertion because we are spirit being to gather and worship God spiritually that gathering spiritually is called church but gathering physically can be called rcc,Redeem,winers,chosen etc

The universal church has no visible head,we have only one spiritual head that is Jesus because our gathering is spiritual,christ apoint pastors to be overseers of their different local churches such that Holy Ghost minister to them and be will our General Overseer.

That is why peter,John and later paul upon higher knowledge God gave him still didnt preach different from peter,andrew,John etc since their knowledge is from same source though they can be likened to different churches.
But trace rome you have vertican 1,2 and 3 is coming out all varies by different popes.

The introduction all these claims are what they used bluff our head which made us think all manner of things about catholic that has no salvation virtue eg we are the first church,peter is first pope,Jesus cloth and cross is in rome,peters key is 7 sacrament etc but I dont see how these claims will give me salvation or make me love another believer!

When you say weakness I got confused,the person whose church is build upon must be perfect else the church will no longer be the foundation/pillar of truth.
God revealed to peter the truth,peter didnt know the truth,Christ gave him the key,peter didnt know where the key came from. Now you are saying that they key mean roman church is peters succession because you believe peter is carrying the church when he was about to die he carried the church to pope then as peter is prim minster during apostolic era so is pope now.

That ascertion is very very wrong.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2017
easymancfc:

The Body of Christ indeed has a spiritual dimension but it is not "PURELY SPIRITUAL LIKE YOU SAY"...
the Bible talks about the church as the body of Christ in a physical dimension not only in a Spiritual dimension

1 Tim 3:15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the HOUSEHOLD of GOD, which is the CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR and BULWARK of the TRUTH...

A household is a physical thing first before being spiritual, A household consists of physical people...

Ephesians 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

Like I said earlier, A household consists of physical people...

Ephesians 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipment of the saints, for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Again if it was only a Spiritual dimension it wouldn't need physical offices or officers

Gal 1:2 and all the brethren who are with me, To the churches of Galatia:

Paul was not writing to spirits. but to an assembly or gathering or convocation or Household of people...

we see same in
1 thess 1 Paul, Silva′nus, and Timothy,

To the church of the Thessalo′nians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

To Jesus, his Church is not just to be a Spiritual one but a physical one, that's why he said in Mathew 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, TELL IT TO THE CHURCH; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

how can you tell a Spiritual Church in "Peoples heart" to settle a physical case between brethren...

Paul emphasizes this right of the physical Church to judge cases among believers in

1 cor 6: 1When one of you has a grievance against a brother, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life! 4 If then you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who are least esteemed by the church?

It is this Physical Church that Paul says is the Pillar and bulwark of truth in 1 Tim 3:15...
AM NOT SAYING THE CHURCH DOESN'T HAVE A SPIRITUAL ASPECT BUT AM NOT DENYING THE OBVIOUS PHYSICAL ASPECT...
the aspect that the world can see
WHICH JESUS HIMSELF PRAYED FOR IN
John 17:20 “I do not pray for these only, BUT ALSO FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE in me THROUGH THEIR WORD, 21 THAT THEY MAY ALL BE ONE; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so THAT THE WORLD MAY BELIEVE THAT THOU HAST SENT ME.

whether we like it or not, the church is composed of flesh and blood human being, and all human association require leadership... and this leadership is not unique to the Catholic Church....
.DEEPER LIFE have Kumuyi
LIVING FATH have Oyedepo
MOUNTAIN OF FIRE have Odukoya
REDEEM have Adeboye
DUNAMIS have Enenche
Even
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Have The Governing Body...
No one acuses those leadership which are Man made

but Peter who Jesus picked in John 21:15-26 and Luke 22:32 is difficult for people to accept because it is related to the Catholic Church, .....
IT IS WELL
Your thought and your belief are the same.
Eph 3:15 said family in heaven, that means paul is talking about physical thing.
What you failed to understand is that the second Adam is spiritual being,the head of the church is spiritual and the body also is spiritual before you are accepted into the body. You are refering church names (rcc,winners,redeem etc) as the body of christ, that is the genesis of the eror.
Everybody supplies to the other part anyone that refises to supply he cut off.
Every of your quote that sounds physical are all talking about spiritual that is what we must be before be a member of the body.
Eg: what makes you a member of RCC - baptism and you attend cathecism and pass,pay all dues,sign amc and amf,recieve holy Commion/confess your sin to a priest at least once in a year.

What makes you winners member - you attend foundation class and pass and get baptised.

What makes you jehova witness, you are baptised after series of knowing their teaching which you must attend 12years,etc

What makes you a member of Christ body are:
Repentenace,Baptism,Holy Ghost baptism and santification.

You can see that from amongs those assemblies spiritual churches are formed, individual and personal to join the body of Christ and He is known of them.

If you call RCC,Johova witness,Redeem,winers CAC body of Christ, you would have decieved your member because no member of the household of God who doesnot have inheritance in the next age. Second death has no dominion over them.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by jnrbayano(m): 10:24am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

That is the main reason I said we will not agree because you still quote scripture I dont believe you know their meaning.

A single revelation you have about God personally can change your life forever and no devil can prevail against it.

When you said church is physical that is when I get problem with your ascertion because we are spirit being to gather and worship God spiritually that gathering spiritually is called church but gathering physically can be called rcc,Redeem,winers,chosen etc

The universal church has no visible head,we have only one spiritual head that is Jesus because our gathering is spiritual,christ apoint pastors to be overseers of their different local churches such that Holy Ghost minister to them and be will our General Overseer.

That is why peter,John and later paul upon higher knowledge God gave him still didnt preach different from peter,andrew,John etc since their knowledge is from same source though they can be likened to different churches.
But trace rome you have vertican 1,2 and 3 is coming out all varies by different popes.

The introduction all these claims are what they used bluff our head which made us think all manner of things about catholic that has no salvation virtue eg we are the first church,peter is first pope,Jesus cloth and cross is in rome,peters key is 7 sacrament etc but I dont see how these claims will give me salvation or make me love another believer!

When you say weakness I got confused,the person whose church is build upon must be perfect else the church will no longer be the foundation/pillar of truth.
God revealed to peter the truth,peter didnt know the truth,Christ gave him the key,peter didnt know where the key came from. Now you are saying that they key mean roman church is peters succession because you believe peter is carrying the church when he was about to die he carried the church to pope then as peter is prim minster during apostolic era so is pope now.

As many as 3 people have shown you great love by taking time to explaining things to you but religious pride won't let you.

May the holy spirit move on your case. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 10:28am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

When you said church is physical that is when I get problem with your ascertion because we are spirit being to gather and worship God spiritually that gathering spiritually is called church but gathering physically can be called rcc,Redeem,winers,chisen etc

That is why peter,John and later paul upon higher knowledge God gave him still didnt preach different from peter,andrew,John etc since their knowledge is from same source.

First of all, WE ARE NOT SPIRITS, GOD IS,
WE ARE A BODY SOUL COMPOSITE... again you misinterprete scripture
John 4: 24 GOD IS SPIRIT, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” 

GOD IS THE SPIRIT NOT US...

we are a body soul composite like Jesus himself said
Mat 10: 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell...

We worship God with our bodies also
Not just with our Spirits

1 cor 6: The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I therefore take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two shall become one.” 17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him

Romans 12:1  I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your BODIES as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship

and OUR BODIES will be resurrected albeit in a glorified state
Paul talks about it in
1 cor 15
Hebrews 6: 2 with instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the RESURRECTION OF the DEAD, and eternal judgment.

Concerning passing on authority...

Paul tells two of his disciples Timothy and Titus to ordain new leaders (Bishops and deacons) to give them power and authority By laying hands on them just as they were ordained ...
(see 1 Tim 3:1-13, 2 Tim 2:2, 2 Tim 1:6-7, 1 Tim 4:14,)

We can deduce from here, that power and authority can be passed by laying on of hands from the apostles and their successors, Paul told Timothy, Titus, etc, Peter would have told John Mark, etc...
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by Syncan(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

When you said church is physical that is when I get problem with your ascertion because we are spirit being to gather and worship God spiritually that gathering spiritually is called church but gathering physically can be called rcc,Redeem,winers,chisen etc

That is why peter,John and later paul upon higher knowledge God gave him still didnt preach different from peter,andrew,John etc since their knowledge is from same source.

Ah, dear friend, when you sacrifice "sound teaching" Titus.2:1 on the alter of "revelations" that is when you get all these contradictory teachings and pastor-preneurs. God is not and can never be the author of confusion. He has one fold Jn.17:21. God's whole truth is one, and His Church is the foundation of this truth. Do not ascribe these false and contradictory teachings everywhere today in Christendom as coming from God, you are wrong! The true Church jealously guards against contradictory teachings 2Cor.11:4, even St. Paul had the good mind to go and confirm his teachings as one with the apostles Gal.2:2.

You delve into things you don't know about when you talk of Vatican 1 and 2, these are councils held by the church. Just like Jerusalem Council in Acts 15 was held in Jerusalem, we have the Vatican councils held in Vatican; at different times, to handle pressing matters facing the Church. This continues to be one apostolic tradition that is visible to everyone. It doesn't contradict each other, it throws more light on things(as the holy spirit continues to reveal), and upholds earlier concluded ones. Stop listening to falsehood peddlers and rumor mongers.

Oh you're embarrassed by the weakness of peter, afraid that building the Church on him will make the church no longer a pillar of truth. That means you will try to hide Eph.5:24-27 "Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing... even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish". Truth is that, on her own; the church isn't perfect, but United with Christ, the Church shines forth in glory and holiness. Do not be astonished my friend, I will say to you in Christ's words "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" Matt.19:26

These lies you've held on to is now making you quarrel with scriptures, forget these deceptions that have led you astray, retrace your steps and the truth shall set you free.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

Your thought and your belief are the same.
Eph 3:15 said family in heaven, that means paul is talking about physical thing.
What you failed to understand is that the second Adam is spiritual being,the head of the church is spiritual and the body also is spiritual before you are accepted into the body. You are refering church names (rcc,winners,redeem etc) as the body of christ, that is the genesis of the eror.
Everybody supplies to the other part anyone that refises to supply he cut off.
Every of your quote that sounds physical are all talking about spiritual that is what we must be before be a member of the body.
Eg: what makes you a member of RCC - baptism and you attend cathecism and pass,pay all dues,sign amc and amf,recieve holy Commion/confess your sin to a priest at least once in a year.

What makes you winners member - you attend foundation class and pass and get baptised.

What makes you jehova witness, you are baptised after series of knowing their teaching which you must attend 12years,etc

You can see that from amongs those assemblies spiritual churches are formed, individual and personal to join the body of Christ and He is known of them.

If you call RCC,Johova witness,Redeem,winers CAC body of Christ, you would have decieved your member because no member of the household of God who doesnot have inheritance in the next age. Second death has no dominion over them.

No sir, it is you who Is wrong, the second Adam (Jesus ) Is not Spirit, he was also man, of flesh and blood, and he didn't ascend as a Spiritual being but as flesh and blood in his glorified body, that is why he could eat fish and bread with his disciples see john 21, that is why Thomas could put his hands. Into the holes made by nails and his side... See John 20:24-28

Jesus was a visible person on earth not just a spirit, so too were the disciplines he appointed and gave his mission...

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father. 

Gal 4:4 But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who wereunder the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Hebrews 4: 15 For we have not a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sinning. 

Even when Paul was persecuting the Church in Jerusalem... People not Spirit ...
Jesus calls the physical people Paul was killing his body
Acts 9: 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting;

and who was Paul persecuting?
Acts 8:1 answers the question
And on that day a great persecution arose against the church in Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the region of Judea and Samar′ia, except the apostles

and what is this church in Jerusalem?
Acts 2:4 4 And all who believed were together and had all things in common;
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
Acts 4:3 2 Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common.

SO IT IS CLEAR THAT FROM THE EARLY DAYS OF CHRISTIANITY, AFTER PENTECOST THAT THE "CHURCH IS THE PHYSICAL COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS ... NOT JUST THEIR SPIRITS...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2017

[/quote]
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him.”
42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

the point is, these 3000 people were added to a physical body of believers not just a spiritual one..

FOR US ITS BOTH, NOT EITHER SPIRITUAL OR PHYSICAL

ACCORDING TO THE WHOLE SCRIPTURE, THE CHURCH IS BOTH A PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS WITH CHRIST AS ITS HEAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Ha! you have been fed horse dung.

You do not need to wait till the milenium to be a member of God's kingdom, the kingdom has began already, the son of man has already receive the kingdom and all sovereignty.

The prophesy of scripture say that a King is coming who will reign on the throne of his father david, Jesus is that king and the reign has began.
The davidic kingdom has someone who receive and holds the keys of the kingdom Isaiah 22:22, the keys are the unmistaken insignia of the prime minister, so when Jesus d davidic king gives someone the keys of his kingdom, that clearly show he had made him prime minister of his kingdom.

I just wanted to know which kingdom you are talking about and you have reached conclusion.
Since you have made peter your kingdom prime minister,fine for you but mine is Christ,case closed!
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2017
easymancfc:

No sir, it is you who Is wrong, the second Adam (Jesus ) Is not Spirit, he was also man, of flesh and blood, and he didn't ascend as a Spiritual being but as flesh and blood in his glorified body, that is why he could eat fish and bread with his disciples see john 21, that is why Thomas could put his hands. Into the holes made by nails and his side... See John 20:24-28

Jesus was a visible person on earth not just a spirit, so too were the disciplines he appointed and gave his mission...

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father. 

Gal 4:4 But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who wereunder the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Hebrews 4: 15 For we have not a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sinning. 

Even when Paul was persecuting the Church in Jerusalem... People not Spirit ...
Jesus calls the physical people Paul was killing his body
Acts 9: 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting;

and who was Paul persecuting?
Acts 8:1 answers the question
And on that day a great persecution arose against the church in Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the region of Judea and Samar′ia, except the apostles

and what is this church in Jerusalem?
Acts 2:4 4 And all who believed were together and had all things in common;
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
Acts 4:3 2 Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common.

SO IT IS CLEAR THAT FROM THE EARLY DAYS OF CHRISTIANITY, AFTER PENTECOST THAT THE "CHURCH IS THE PHYSICAL COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS ... NOT JUST THEIR SPIRITS...
Ok,fine for you. It is in roman catholic you can easily see someone who has been in the church for more than 50years and still reason like a 3years old person when discussing spiritual matters.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
easymancfc:

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him.”
42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

the point is, these 3000 people were added to a physical body of believers not just a spiritual one..

FOR US ITS BOTH, NOT EITHER SPIRITUAL OR PHYSICAL

ACCORDING TO THE WHOLE SCRIPTURE, THE CHURCH IS BOTH A PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS WITH CHRIST AS ITS HEAD
The church Christ is building according to the verse you quoted is spiritual,that is all I have been pointing out. It is not church like roman,anglican etc. So no need any claim of any kind in respect of roman religion pointing to Peter.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
Syncan:

Ah, dear friend, when you sacrifice "sound teaching" Titus.2:1 on the alter of "revelations" that is when you get all these contradictory teachings and pastor-preneurs. God is not and can never be the author of confusion. He has one fold Jn.17:21. God's whole truth is one, and His Church is the foundation of this truth. Do not ascribe these false and contradictory teachings everywhere today in Christendom as coming from God, you are wrong! The true Church jealously guards against contradictory teachings 2Cor.11:4, even St. Paul had the good mind to go and confirm his teachings as one with the apostles Gal.2:2.

You delve into things you don't know about when you talk of Vatican 1 and 2, these are councils held by the church. Just like Jerusalem Council in Acts 15 was held in Jerusalem, we have the Vatican councils held in Vatican; at different times, to handle pressing matters facing the Church. This continues to be one apostolic tradition that is visible to everyone. It doesn't contradict each other, it throws more light on things(as the holy spirit continues to reveal), and upholds earlier concluded ones. Stop listening to falsehood peddlers and rumor mongers.

Oh you're embarrassed by the weakness of peter, afraid that building the Church on him will make the church no longer a pillar of truth. That means you will try to hide Eph.5:24-27 "Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing... even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish". Truth is that, on her own; the church isn't perfect, but United with Christ, the Church shines forth in glory and holiness. Do not be astonished my friend, I will say to you in Christ's words "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" Matt.19:26

These lies you've held on to is now making you quarrel with scriptures, forget these deceptions that have led you astray, retrace your steps and the truth shall set you free.

Vertican 1,outside catholic church no salvation. Vertican 2,those not of catholic faith but still keep the faith can make heaven.
Out of abundance of heart the mouth speak.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
jnrbayano:

As many as 3 people have shown you great love by taking time to explaining things to you but religious pride won't let you.

May the holy spirit move on your case. Amen.

Romans 14:17 kingdom of heaven is not about meat(roman dogma and teachings) and drink(their understand of scripture) but about righteoisness peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by luckyCO(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
easymancfc:

First of all, WE ARE NOT SPIRITS, GOD IS,
WE ARE A BODY SOUL COMPOSITE... again you misinterprete scripture
John 4: 24 GOD IS SPIRIT, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” 

GOD IS THE SPIRIT NOT US...

we are a body soul composite like Jesus himself said
Mat 10: 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell...

We worship God with our bodies also
Not just with our Spirits

1 cor 6: The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I therefore take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two shall become one.” 17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him

Romans 12:1  I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your BODIES as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship

and OUR BODIES will be resurrected albeit in a glorified state
Paul talks about it in
1 cor 15
Hebrews 6: 2 with instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the RESURRECTION OF the DEAD, and eternal judgment.

Concerning passing on authority...

Paul tells two of his disciples Timothy and Titus to ordain new leaders (Bishops and deacons) to give them power and authority By laying hands on them just as they were ordained ...
(see 1 Tim 3:1-13, 2 Tim 2:2, 2 Tim 1:6-7, 1 Tim 4:14,)

We can deduce from here, that power and authority can be passed by laying on of hands from the apostles and their successors, Paul told Timothy, Titus, etc, Peter would have told John Mark, etc...

No matter what your analysis intends,anything done outside Holy Spirit is not accepted by God that why Christ died such that he will purchase us as member of God's household. Gal 2:20,it is no longer I but Christ living His life in me.
If you recieve Holy Ghost,the spirit of Christ,your whole being will change such to enable you do what pleases the Father.
God decides how he gives you Holy Ghost,it can be by anything He wants which does not matter.
Re: Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? by easymancfc(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
luckyCO:

Romans 14:17 kingdom of heaven is not about meat(roman dogma and teachings) and drink(their understand of scripture) but about righteoisness peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 14:17, doesn't take anything away from the church,
I don't know where you get the drink part from, but a discipline to abstinence from meat, doesn't mean the Holy Spirit is not in the church or that the church doesn't preach righteousness ,
Stop making the Bible say what it doesn't... that's not the context is saying
the context is, if eating meat or drinking will make another stumble, then don't eat it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bible Said Jesus Prayed Like Muslims ( 5 Daily Prayer (salat) / God's General Cs. Upthegrove Is Dead | He Prophesied About His Death / Breaking Of Family Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.