Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:56 PM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (32539 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by sophy09: 7:03am On Jun 16, 2010
It is only in Lagos after paying your bus fare that the bus driver will tell you to go to the back because of uniformed officer.

It is only in Lagos you know when your neighbor is making love to his wife
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by oweniwe(m): 1:04am On Jun 19, 2010
honeric01:

have you ever seen an okada man carrying a live cow on his bike?
I'v seen a grown dead cow on a bike. But u can't carry a live grown cow on a bike o. The bike no go stable at all undecided
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2010
oweniwe:

I'v seen a grown dead cow on a bike. But u can't carry a live grown cow on a bike o. The bike no go stable at all undecided

bro, its possible, you just have to be around and see well. wink
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kehneah: 8:04am On Jun 22, 2010
Hilarious
Its only in lagos that u’l c a bike passenger using piant bucket as helmet all cos of lastma
Its only in lagos that u’l c a bus driver 5am in the morning stinking of ogogoro and shekpe and yet still able to drive properly
Its only in lagos that u’l c workers intentionally wait till 10 pm in the night to go home all in a bid to avoid traffic
Its only in lagos that u have varieties of agbo…….paraga, shekpe, opa-eyin, agunmu, gbogbonise, lemon grass, monkey tail…e.t.c
I had an experience once, at jibowu under bridge,I jammed this soldier man and unfortunately for me I was putting on camo trousers, na so the guy talk say mk I comot am say where I see camo,say she I be soldier, na en I begin to de beg am but he was quite drunk so he wasn’t even listening to me, I tell am say na designer camo n dem de sell am for market, he talk say wetin be designer……….omo it was starting to get ugly,na so I begin I begin off am oo,thank God say I wear boxers dat day mehn……….omo I fire bike reach ouse straight.
LAGOS NAWA!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ikedonn(m): 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2010
This one happened to me.It's only in lagos you will see area boys will come to eat in your restaurant and after eaten he will stand up and start going and when you ask of money he will tell you  "are you crazy or do you want me to punch your face?"lagos na wa and some of them after eaten they will disappear
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tashanja(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]OK! man i didn't grow up in lagos and i have never stay there all my life. . . .I believe bike can carry 7 people including the rider but carrying a big and full cow on bike is almost unbelievable if not seen once.

Alright. . . post photo please. smiley
[/size]

Oga where U dey? Its Nigeria, everything possible 4 9ja,
Oya, if U do not bliv, shine Ur eye 4 this one grin

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ndipe(m): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2010
Ikedonn:

This one happened to me.It's only in lagos you will see area boys will come to eat in your restaurant and after eaten he will stand up and start going and when you ask of money he will tell you  "are you crazy or do you want me to punch your face?"lagos na wa and some of them after eaten they will disappear

Not restricted to Nigeria alone but also common in the USA. It's called Dine and dash.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
Thank you [size=16pt]tashanja[/size] for the COW pic, now those doubting me can now see that in Nigeria, nothing is impossible grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Dolaapo(f): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
A man was hit by a car on the highway at night and the car drove off. The next day (and few days after), the body (dead) was there and cars were "climbing" the body. the body was so badly ,  (will spare everyone the gory details) it was disgusting. almost threw-up while writing this (can't get the image out of my head). angry
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by sophy09: 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2010
I'm very sure most drivers did not know what they were driving over.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by papa190(m): 12:54am On Jul 21, 2010
suscribin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2010
Best threadever,laughed my head off already grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by pecu5: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2010
[img]http://I wonder what % of the citizens will be able to read his message on Facebook when there's no electricity sef!!!img][/img]
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Fiscabally(m): 9:34am On Aug 02, 2010
Na only 4 dis lagos,along ladiipo/oshodi axis i enter a bus and sat behind d driver.I was shocked 2 see that the bus was being fueled through a 25 litre gallon with holse in it,which is situated right beside the left side of d driver.My rugged lagos,land of wonder!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by axeman85(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
Only in Lagos will you see people, buying fuel inside poly bag.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by expert101(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
just mind your business whenever you witness such. if i may quote the biblical saying "allow the dead to bury themselves"
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by franctony(m): 1:06am On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by araba1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2010
ITS only in lagos somebody will enter bus and he/she did not pay and will still collect change if the condutor na jjc
if come oshodi you will see 2 bros playing table tennis and they will call you to be there and judge and b4 you know it you are holding the bat and all your money is gone.eko oni baje ni gba ti iya won oni fi gamale mu garri.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by omega25red(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
it's only in lagos you will see two guys wearing long jeans walking on the beach holding hands and say they are not gay grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by youngies(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2010
Only in Lagos!

A city where everybody is innocent.

Before my very own eyes, I witnessed a man driving against the traffic on "one way" road, he ended up bashing an on-coming car.

A fight ensued immediately, people gathered and tried to make peace. As they were being questioned, the man that was driving against the traffic, started his defence with this opening statement, "I just dey go my own jeje . . ."

The victim also started his own defence with "I just dey drive my own jeje"

I reckon everyone in Lagos just dey go there own jeje!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2010
youngies:

Only in Lagos!

Before my very own eyes, I witnessed a man driving against the traffic on "one way" road, he ended up bashing an on-coming car.

A fight ensued immediately, people gathered and tried to make peace. As they were being questioned, the man that was driving against the traffic, started his defence with this opening statement, "I just dey go my own jeje . . ."

grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
youngies:

Only in Lagos!

Funny stuff cheesy
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 1stknight(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2010
axeman85:

Only in Lagos will you see people, buying fuel inside poly bag.

guyz are desperate to buy fuel grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ckamal: 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2010
There was this crazy experience i had on a molue bus back then around '98 on my way to ijora badia,afta d b bus was loaded nd d conductor started collectin money nd lo and behold when he got 2 my side nd i was abt 2 give him money i just noticed that d zipper of his trousers was torn and his manliness was just hangin out 4 all 2 see,i could nt tell him cos he was just concentratin on d money that he was collecting,am so shocked and even up till 2day i just wonder if he intentionally just left it that way.na wa 4 Lagos o.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Skidoc(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2010
LMFAO at the "Dale si ibi yi" one. That was mad funny! I'm dead. grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by zayhal(f): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
Oh my God.

Pls jarus, put a warning sign on this thread. Something like: Do not open this thread if you're at work/if you don't want a cracked rib.

I've been laughing my head off.

@topic

It's in Lagos you'll find hawkers pointing their wares into your eyes and even throwing them in your car because you make the mistake of glancing at their goods in traffic. They'll curse you if you don't buy.

It's in Lagos you'll find so many mushroom schools. I heard recently some collect school fees daily. Enter with your #50.00. fifty naira per day, 250 per week. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
i must tell u,i cracked ma ribs
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by carnal: 11:52am On Nov 26, 2010
if my oga query me,seun seun seun!!!ehn ehn dis thread go delays omebodi promotion ooooo.now hv sent d link to my colleagues and everyone is laffin wild wild away.lagos sha eko for show,i do really miss lagos.can neva get enuff of it anytime i visit,neva!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by carnal: 8:53am On Dec 10, 2010
eko for show, eko oni baje
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 190: 2:08am On Mar 29, 2011
so true

so truee

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba / Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies / An Igbo Woman Farting In The Presence Of Her Husband Is A Taboo - Young Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.