Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31970 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by stede(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
eko for show, Lagos is not easy for the slothful
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by qimpex: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
It is only in Lagos that you will see an imminent death trap like this,

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by azeezbaba(m): 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
This happened to a friend.

On a monday morning, he boarded a bus going to Apapa from oshodi. On getting to somewhere around Ijesha bustop, the driver slowed down and eventually parked and the passengers began to wonder what was going on. Before they knew what was going on, the driver came down from the bus and crossed the express road to the other side and the conductor also followed.

To the passengers utmost surprised, they discovered a fight was going on on the other side of the road and their bus driver happened to know the guy involved in the fight. They left them there for almost 20mins before they came back and continued their trip.

My friend was unfortunately issued a query because he got to the office late because of the so-called "danfo drivers". Such a thing can only happen in Lagos.

passengers are at the mercies of danfo-drivers
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 15, 2009
qimpex:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/208256_fnypix_jpgc17661ff24669ddd032be09af0d19842 It is only in Lagos that you will see an imminent death trap like this,

this guy is a dead man, considering the speed lagos bikes jet between vehicles and cracks
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by drklump(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
Dont know if the rest of you have encountered this scenario before - but it's only in Lag that a bus driver will load passengers and then few mins into the journey turn into a filling station and queue for fuel.

No respect for the passengers at all. You start hollering, the conductor asks you if you prefer to be stranded along the way!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
^^^ That one is even better init?

There was this time the guy finished loading the bus, and immediately after loading and collecting money, he drove a few blocks and parked, saying he needs to change the tire  shocked shocked shocked You can imagine the curses that day lol  grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
only in lagos will the conductor decide how much to charge based on the volume of people waiting at the bus stop
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
D 1 i saw was were 2 grown up men,stripped demselves totally naked n were exchanging fists.it was a free 4 all dat day.in d broad day light.of course people gathered 2 watch d free show while d lookers were lost in looking some other guys were helpin demseves by pickpocketing.surprisingly d onlookers were not even conscious dat dey were bin robbed.while i enjoyed d free show widout bin robbed cos it was around our street n i was upstairs watching d whole fighting n pikpoketin drama.infact there was no light at home dat day so we culdnt watch tv,but myself n my siblings watched live and direct from lagoswood grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by wunmexoni: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2009
this happen about six years ago.
in the early hours of a working day around seven o'clock one danfo with passengers suddenly developed fault .
passengers come down and started asking for thier money,
u wount believe that the conducted because he didnt want to return thier money he removed he clothes .
his unclothedness scared people away and they gave up the money,

IMAGINE,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
^^^ Lol grin unclothedness means nothing to some lagosians!

Saw something similar in V.i years ago when a taxi driver who was involved in a fight proceeded to take off his clothes in anger lipsrsealed
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
Only in Lagos you'll bribe NEPA to give you light if you are having an occassion!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Moyola(f): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
annyplenty:

Anti Moyo, how a u? mo ti miss yin gan ooooo

Hey sowa? miti miz naa! tongue
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
wunmexoni:

this happen about six years ago.
in the early hours of a working day around seven o'clock one danfo with passengers suddenly developed fault .
passengers come down and started asking for thier money,
u wount believe that the conducted because he didnt want to return thier money he removed he clothes .
his unclothedness scared people away and they gave up the money,

IMAGINE,
grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Janeesa: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE TOUTS ROBBING SOMEONE AND OTHERS WILL BE GOING ABT THEIR BIZ AS IF NOTHING IS HAPPENING

go to new york or any other major city, you think ppl will help u? hell no, they keep it moving like nothin is happening, a homeless man was beaten to death in broad daylight in D.C. everyone kept it movin like nothin was happenin,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tipsy289(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2009
This was the early 2000's
i was at the bus stop on Ikorodu Road going to Maryland when on the other side of the road(i.e direction surulere) a danfo stopped and i saw a guy run out and was being chased by the conductor.He stole a lady purse and dashed across the road without looking at oncoming traffic.
Dude was running wild and i just looked with other people at the bus stop as he was being chased.I'm pretty sure he wasnt caught but since then i hardly had anything with me whenever i took a danfo.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2009
dr_klump:

Dont know if the rest of you have encountered this scenario before - but it's only in Lag that a bus driver will load passengers and then few mins into the journey turn into a filling station and queue for fuel.

No respect for the passengers at all. You start hollering, the conductor asks you if you prefer to be stranded along the way!!!

grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 9:17am On Dec 16, 2009
IN LAGOS, HUMAN BEINGS SIT ON TOP OF A MOVING TRAIN TO GET TO THEIR DETINATIONS ESP ALONG THE ABULE-EGBA-IKEJA- OSHODI AXIS.

SORRY, NO PIC AVAILABLE.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by magnumshie: 9:55am On Dec 16, 2009
Only in lagos, My friend`s eye glasses was removed by a tout and un4tunately he cant chase him because his sight depend on the glasses.He ad2 chatter okada to his house 4a spair 2meet up his exam.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
Only in Lagos will someone board a bus, sit at the extreme, when asked for money he would face the window but when conductor starts calling bustop you'll hear him say "Owa o"
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mccloud224(m): 5:07am On Dec 17, 2009
bandely:

Only in Lagos will someone board a bus, sit at the extreme, when asked for money he would face the window but when conductor starts calling bustop you'll hear him say "Owa o"

This one na normal thing na.I have committed this one countless times several years ago when the going was rough. . .lol
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by omohwunmmy: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2009
Mad lagos and crazy lagosians. grin makes living in Lagos interesting. I luv my lagos. i would rather be here than anywhere else!

@Gtay, holla.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by na2day2(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2009
omohwunmmy:

Mad lagos and crazy lagosians. grin makes living in Lagos interesting. I luv my lagos. i would rather be here than anywhere else!

@Gtay, holla.

liar!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2009
Lagos story plenty.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by nnemak(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
chrisical:

Lagos story plenty.

True talk!

Only in Lagos would 2 danfo drivers struggle on a small lane until one(danfo) falls into the gutter ( I -no-gree, i no gree). The funny thing is that the danfo (that succeeded in pasing thru) would now pack , while its conductor and driver would move to help the fallen danfo out of the gutter!!!! grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by keyremotes(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2009
Ever since I was a child I used to wonder why people (people going to work, students and the general public.)in Lagos would gather around watching 2 chickens fight, dogs stuck together, go about town with their rams looking for others rams to fight. Even full grown men. shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by MrCrackles(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2009
keyremotes:

Ever since I was a child I used to wonder why people (people going to work, students and the general public.)in Lagos would gather around watching 2 chickens fight, dogs stuck together, go about town with their rams looking for others rams to fight. Even full grown men. shocked
Complete madness!! grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
Today by the roadside two men threatened to deal with each other with charms and they were practically chanting incantations while throwing fists at each other.
Lagos can be very horrible
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
adolfe bad:

Today by the roadside two men threatened to deal with each other with charms and they were practically chanting incantations while throwing fists at each other.
Lagos can be very horrible
lol, so what happened at the end?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by sandee575(f): 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
It is only in Nigerian airports that you will see toilet cleaners permanently
positioned inside the toilets and patronising the users for tips while offering
such services as issuing toilet paper, water bottles etc. The gender doesnt even
matter as women are to be found in male toilets watching as the guys are facing
the urinals and shaking their thing.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2009
sandee575:

It is only in Nigerian airports that you will see toilet cleaners permanently
positioned inside the toilets and patronising the users for tips while offering
such services as issuing toilet paper, water bottles etc. The gender doesnt even
matter as women are to be found in male toilets watching as the guys are facing
the urinals and shaking their thing.

You never go club for europe be that.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
An okada rider dropped a man at a wrong destination and while they argued the man grabbed the motorcycle and wud not let go until he was refunded or driven further to his exact stop. The rider then calmed and agreed but when the man was trying to get on the bike the crazy okada rider just quickly zoomed off and the man fell flat. Poor man, he cursed and cursed and continued the rest of his journey on foot. It was a sorry sight but you just had to laugh
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
Roflmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.