Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31985 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ehie007(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2009
this is the most interesting threaf av read all year,

am laught my ass out here , hope my oga no querry me,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by unclebros: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
I love this thread!

Its only in Lagos you see a man on an okada(bike) using his leg to push a car on a highway!!!!
Its only in Lagos you see a man carrying a big ram on an okada
Its only in Lagos you see a passenger on an okada inserting himself within 2 motor tyres (risky)

I love my lagos
More to come
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos can you point to the live fish to be used to make ur pepper soup.

______

Only in that crazy place will you see 'correct' babe bring out her plastic bowl to buy ewa agayin plus dodo and dundu with stew.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Gekko(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
ismailaw:

It is only in Lagos a fight could have started on a bike between two passengers: a guy & a lady. The lady on the bike sat in the middle between the okada rider & the other guy sat behind her.

She suddenly discovered something creeping behind her buttocks. She first felt it was the poly bag the guy behind was carrying. She later discovered that the thing was too hard to be a bag. She suddenly grabbed the object hitting at her from behind and instructed the okada rider to park the okada.

believe it, the guy's john thomas was already hard like a rock. The lady didnt drop it o. She gave the guy a very dirty slap & the okada rider later feft with her leaving the "hard-on" guy stranded.

LMAO!!! dis is Hilarious.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by spikedcylinder: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
^^^ Egbon K, how you dey?

@ topic
Only in Lagos can you fully equip your house in traffic! You can buy everything from groceries to electronics to Christmas trees. Nawa!

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Emperoh(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
Witnessed this just last Nite

A lady sitting just behind me in a BRT bus, had her left ear-ring snatched from her ear by one hoodlum at Orile.
E be like say the boy no see better thing to tif na im he snatch the babe ear-rings.

Someone nearly had his phone snatched in this same manner sometime last year at Mile-2
So people, if you are in a bus and sitting close to the window, pls beware.!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos was my 504's petrol hose removed in heavy traffic - the car stopped right in front of the culprits and they drained my pockets while trying to 'help' resolve the problem before they eventually 'discovered' that I'd run outta fuel.

They had collected all I had so they gave me 20naira to go buy petrol.

The same way only in Lagos will you be happy that you successfully got some money back from a police officer . .  after bribing him!

Only in Lagos!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by manangel(m): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos can this happen.

Iya Funke, my friend lives opposite the house of a man who has a room, two wives and fours children. I didn’t believe her until one evening when the two wives started fighting over who ate the bread on the table. People tried to settle the misunderstanding. I was shocked when the first wife started abusing her husband and the second wife, saying that she has been the one feeding the family for sometime.

The man is a commercial motorcyclist by profession (Okada rider) while the first wife is a petty trader, the second wife is a full time house wife. I was shocked to the marrows of my body when I learnt that the guy actually has two wives in one room. I even thought he had three children until I discovered that they are four children.I only see things like these in Nollywood movies until I saw it live!!!

“What manner of man is this”, I asked myself rhetorically. On my way home, I kept asking myself different questions, most of which I have not found an answer till date. Does this kind of thing still happen in this age and time? How do they have sex when the children are also there in the room? When he is having sex with the first wife under the watchful eyes of the second wife, what is her reaction?(At least,there would be no way they would be having sex that the other person won't know)

How will the man meet up with his responsibilities of taking care of the children with the meager sum he makes from his commercial motorcycle? What kind of children would come out of that kind of marriage? Is the man not ashamed at all? (I even saw him recently)…why are the two women so blind in love (or lust) that made the two women agree to stay in the one room with him?i mean, what manner of a man is this!

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
Spikybaby,

Been good ojare . . see ur updates on facebook so I know you are doing ok as well.

Actually been pleasant being an observer here . . .but I just had to contribute to this funny thread . .am sure everyone will have a story to tell about Lagos.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos , can you see something like this shocked shocked shocked

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ehie007(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos, you would see corporate suited men and women, with fine ass babes, queue in ghana high to buy beans and yam, rice and dodo,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in Lagos u see people drop from a moving vehicle and only in Lagos u see people running trying to catch up with a moving vehicle! very risky  grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by spikedcylinder: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2009
kokoye:

Spikybaby,

Been good ojare . . see your updates on facebook so I know you are doing ok as well.

Actually been pleasant being an observer here . . .but I just had to contribute to this funny thread . .am sure everyone will have a story to tell about Lagos.

Ta! smiley

Our boy must be having his first girlfriends now. . . . grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Ta! smiley

spikedcylinder:

Ta! smiley

Big boy now o, still potty training though grin

Check ur yahoo mailbox . .just sent some of his pictures there.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Shooga27: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
YOU BLOODY IMMIGRANT WHY LAGOS?
MAKE A CASE STUDY OF UR VILLAGE,98% OF D COMMENTATORS  RELOCATED TO LAGOS FOR BETTER LIFE;DRIFTERS FROM OTHER STATE WILL NEED VISA SOON.TINUBU IS WORKIN ON IT WITH BIOMETERIC CHECK

YOU CAN IMAGINE FEW YEARS AGO,I WENT FOR BUSARY INTERVEIW FOR LAGOS STATE FINKY,AN IGBO DUDE CAME WITH AN OBITUARY CLAIMING IS FOR FATHERS ARE LAGOSIAN,WHAT A DRAMMA,HIS FIRST N LAST NAME SOUNDS LIKE UCHE OKORO,E GBAMI HEHEH

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
Pictures are worth a million words.

Only in Lagos . . .

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos . .

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
pix don't lie grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
Shooga27:

YOU BLOODY IMMIGRANT WHY LAGOS?
MAKE A CASE STUDY OF your VILLAGE,98% OF D COMMENTATORS RELOCATED TO LAGOS FOR BETTER LIFE;DRIFTERS FROM OTHER STATE WILL NEED VISA SOON.TINUBU IS WORKIN ON IT WITH BIOMETERIC CHECK

YOU CAN IMAGINE FEW YEARS AGO,I WENT FOR BUSARY INTERVEIW FOR LAGOS STATE FINKY,AN IGBO DUDE CAME WITH AN OBITUARY CLAIMING IS FOR FATHERS ARE LAGOSIAN,WHAT A DRAMMA,HIS FIRST N LAST NAME SOUNDS LIKE UCHE OKORO,E GBAMI HEHEH
Did you make the 'busari interview'?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denony(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in lagos will u see someone being robbed on the broad day light, and people will just watching the drama
Only in Lagos will you see danfo driver or conductor banging inside the bus on the road side

Only in Lagos will u see police packing people on thr road side with or without ID card, demandin for money afterwards.

Only in Lagos will ABOKI okada rider will tell u he know where u said u are going and end up taking u to a different place asking u which direction to follow. i nearly beat the hell outa one of them, and the worst part of it is that i don't really know the place.

Everything in Lagos is Serious madness.
Though it happen every where.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
Lagos and its wahala! grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OAM4J: 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
Eko for show!!!

This is Lagos!!! I miss Lagos.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by DeepSoul(f): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
Gosh, una wan carry laugh kill person oh!

*Only in Lagos will I wake up in the morning and see a calabash with broken eggs in it right in the middle of the road*

*Only in Lagos will I enter a bus and have a goat right under my seat without me being initially aware*

*Only in Lagos can I eat mama put as comfortably as I will @ Eko Hotel. Welcome to Ghana high, lol. And yes, that Coca-cola place on Lagos mainland!

* Only in Lagos will I be requested to pay N1,000 for a taking a picture on a horse! Not riding it oh! Just taking a damn picture

* Only in Lagos will I see one million 15yr old next-to-naked girls flock silverbird without any aim. How did they get there? Where are their parents?

* Only in Lagos will a police man stop you and ask for cigarretes

* Only in Lagos will you see one bus push starting another bus

* Only in Lagos will you see people driving through the beach just to avoid traffic (Welcome to almighty Lekki Xpress traffic)

~ Endless list ~

Eko Oni Baje. . .But I love Lagos. . .
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Singular: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by gshyne(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
if u fit survive for lagos u will be alright anywhere on d globe. My work people think say i don kolo as i ve been in stiches all day my belle wan burst sef with this thread. [size=8pt][b][b]LAGOS NA WAH[/b]
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by jumaingirl(f): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
Otukpo, u be real Lagos guy grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by slimes(m): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos will you see a person running on his own then suddenly, people join him and anarchy is created.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Singular: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
slimes:

Only in Lagos will you see a person running on his own then suddenly, people join him and anarchy is created.

HAHAHAHA!!! LOL Who wan die? lol
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by vicade(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
when there is heavy traffic in Lagos, Never ever take a short cut route because that will definitely be worse off.

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tytylayor: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
[size=36pt]i love dis thread[/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eko baje ti
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Viciyke(m): 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
as a ph guy, i will say Lagos Na Wah!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ochukoccna: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS U'LL SEE DEAD BODY ON THE STREETS AND IT REMAINS THERE FOR DAYS
That was old Lagos. When last did you personally witness this?  

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE TOUTS ROBBING SOMEONE AND OTHERS WILL BE GOING ABT THEIR BIZ AS IF NOTHING IS HAPPENING Sad but true. angry Reason been his goons are nearby watching to break the heads of would be saviors save the saviors are gun totting policemen or army men. Yet believe it has drastically reduced. Oshodi & Mushin used to be notorious for this. Any ways u must be street yourself to waka for Lagos streetz as every 1 wan hustle u.

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE A WELL DRESSED SAME MAN/WOMAN/BOY/GIRL, JUMP DOWN FROM A MOVING VEHICLE. Damn impatient lot. Yet many times, the driver tells you  there's no bus stop there yet he freely stops to carry passengers @ the same spot but is reluctant to let them disembark freely. weird behavior though seeing broken bones especially of older people takes time to heal.

ONLY IN LAGOS THAT U WILL BE MOVING ON THE ROAD U SEE SOME PPLE/ADULTS OOO BY THE ROAD SIDE, STOOPING AND DEFEACATING, AND PPLE WOULD JUST BE PASSING AS IF ITS NOTHING.
SOME MEN ALSO BATH BY THE ROADSIDE WITH THEIR 3RD LEG DANGLING AND THEY CARE LESS
 Depends on your part of Lagos though.

Talk of pedestrian bridges, e.g the one at oshodi and cele, the human traffic/hold-up on the bridge atimes will be such that u'll fear the bridge might collapse.
Which one don collapse? What do you expect from a looting elite who shunned from building up Lagos and by extension most of the Southern Nigeria [incl East and South South] infrastructure because of God knows what. I agree that weather contributed a part in the type of roads down south but how come most roads down south are good death traps? Anyway, construction of new bridges are ongoing @ those 2 spots you mentioned.

[size=18pt]Only in Lagos do conductors join man and woman together to go sort out their change[/size]
  grin grin grin grin 'Holy' money-matrimony fit result courtesy of Lagos conductor grin grin grin grin A lady i helped open her email account said she met her husband in the bus in response to Yahoo's security questions.

[size=18pt]Only in Lagos do people start a quarrel with 'Do you know who I am?'. How am I supposed to?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin What's Lagos without shakara? U too go display your swagger- gosh I hate that word. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.