Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881720 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 10:14am On Mar 01, 2017
andre99:
Happy new month guys, pls what is the current exchange rate CAD to NGN.

google nah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:27am On Mar 01, 2017
losas:
austine plss can I have your no
Hello bro, you can but i always encourage people to share their issues here so others can learn from their experiences and the advise/solution rendered here. In anycase, send me a PM and i'll respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odagogo: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2017
andre99:
Happy new month guys, pls what is the current exchange rate CAD to NGN.

check it on abokifx.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2017
Eraytee:

I think the moniker should be prepared to pay the tuition fees as it applies to the bold at anytime if such surfaced for him or her. Ur inflow plays alot more than your balance. No VO can see beyond d last date on ur SOA. They know u can submit a fat balance today and withdraw tomorrow. Inflow and outflow over time is what matter most. @MichV can bear witness to the guy that got TRV in Just 20days with 1k bal in his account. U can go back to the beginning part of this part 12 to confirm it. There is no harm if u withdraw after printing ur SOA...100% certain of this. but one should be prepared to pay tuition fees incase the bold applies.
Bro, actually there was a time my intuitive mind was almost in agreement with @bold statement untill i fully read and understood CIC's requirements for a study permit.
Inflow and outflow matters too but it helps the VO to understand how you accumulated the funds in your account, if it will be sustainable, if it can be dependable and consistent. But the big gun is that you have enough funds for your tuition and upkeep for atleast a year.

From their requirements, A draft in convertible currency, study loans or schoolarships evidence or funding from uni or evidence of available and sufficient cash transfered to canada will meet their requirement of SUFFICIENT and AVAILABLE FUNDS. All these will not have evidence of inflow and outflow as it is a onetime evidence of funds and will not include account history of 6 months.

I remember the moniker you quoted but don't also forget his father is his sponsor and had sufficient amount in both liquid funds and in assets and he also paid his first term fees. His case isn't about him being a sponsor. So his account balance didnt matter.

If an applicant choose to withdraw the funds after applying, its up to him/her. The VO can only use the SOA they have to reach their judgement like you pointed out.

Lastly, people that got refused after presenting a fat SOA did not either meet other requirements for a study permit, did not submit SOA that have traceble sources of their accumulated funds, did not show convincing evidence that sponsor has relationship and is reliable or submitted SOA that had evidence of money lodgement.

So like you mentioned, there is no harm in withdrawing after printing but i personally will prefer Safe lane than had i known. (what if they request for new SOA or Pay tuition like in my case)

Best regards.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Oyemat123(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Morning house , I just collected my passport today but the expiry date is March 2018. I am to resume September 2017. Is it possible to renew the visa when I get to Canada .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2017
@Austinpee4 please what is the required duration for SOA? I mean, statement for how many months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 01, 2017
Oyemat123:
Morning house , I just collected my passport today but the expiry date is March 2018. I am to resume September 2017. Is it possible to renew the visa when I get to Canada .
Congrats...
Sure there's a window for all such activities inside of Canada (TRV renewals, passport renewals, study permit extension). I advise you to renew your passport around August before you leave though.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by seyieso: 11:53am On Mar 01, 2017
please house i applied for visiting visa with my wife and child, at the point of submission the officer told me to make a correction, it was at this point i mistakenly ticked NO, to the question have u been denied visa but for my wife and child i ticked yes and i also started it in my cover letter, now i receive a letter from the embassy asking me to appeal while i gave a wrong information, which have done, its three weeks and am yet to get any response from them, will be needing my passport for an official on 10th of march. Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Uzee24: 12:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
Will it be safe for one to tender a document showing the money he intends to use to sponsor himself is invested with a bank, or must the money be in his account?
What I mean is if I invest my sponsorship money in a fixed deposit or teasury bill with a bank and it would not mature before the application for my TRV, will the document showing that I have such funds invested somewhere and it will mature before I leave for school, be admissible by the VO as proof of fund or must the said money be in my account?
I decided to ask the house because am on the verge of doing this.
@ Folaroyal,@Austinpee,@Penitennial, Michv...et al
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Oyemat123(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Folaroyal:

Congrats...
Sure there's a window for all such activities inside of Canada (TRV renewals, passport renewals, study permit extension). I advise you to renew your passport around August before you leave though.
Regards.

I am sorry rather is the visa that is expiring next year March. My passport is still valid till 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
Oyemat123:

I am sorry rather is the visa that is expiring next year March. My passport is still valid till 2020
I am in doubt that CIC will issue you a study permit for a program billed to commence in September 2017 and only to end by March 2018!!

Make it clear by saying your visa came out late for an intended winter program and you deferred till September.

In the case where you have a new offer letter for same school and same course.. You will present the new letter if asked and then extend your permit as required when you enter Canada.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Alexissanchezz: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
I applied for a study permit via paper I can't seen to link online . What do I do? Applied since 16th February
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
Where are all the admission seekers....UBC just have me feedback that I have been offered conditional admission by the graduate unit of my program but I have to reach out to the faculty members and associate members to secure a supervisor.

I'm sitting on two admission now from both McGill and UBC but securing this supervisor has been my nemesis.

God your will be done!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
Uzee24:
Will it be safe for one to tender a document showing the money he intends to use to sponsor himself is invested with a bank, or must the money be in his account?
What I mean is if I invest my sponsorship money in a fixed deposit or teasury bill with a bank and it would not mature before the application for my TRV, will the document showing that I have such funds invested somewhere and it will mature before I leave for school, be admissible by the VO as proof of fund or must the said money be in my account?

D cash most be in ur current or savings account as a proof of available funds, fix deposit are not regards as an available liquid cash by d VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Uzee24:
Fixed Deposit and Treasury Bills will fly 100%

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Blackanada:
@Austinpee4 please what is the required duration for SOA? I mean, statement for how many months?
There is a little contradiction btw CIC website and the Visa office for required SOA. 4 months and 6months respectively.

I'll advise you present that of 6 months since it will also meet both the website and the Visa office requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
freeradical:
Where are all the admission seekers....UBC just have me feedback that I have been offered conditional admission by the graduate unit of my program but I have to reach out to the faculty members and associate members to secure a supervisor.

I'm sitting on two admission now from both McGill and UBC but securing this supervisor has been my nemesis.

God your will be done!

Congrats.Please can i ask the course ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hunnie001: 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
hello people, wanted to ask from experienced minds here if its possible to get a student visa for masters and also travel with kids or is there any other way to go about it.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Austinpee4:

There is a little contradiction btw CIC website and the Visa office for required SOA. 4 months and 6months respectively.

I'll advise you present that of 6 months since it will also meet both the website and the Visa office requirements.

What if i was to use 1year? Would that be looked upon negatively?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Blackanada:

What if i was to use 1year? Would that be looked upon negatively?
Certainly not! The duration of 6 or 4 months is to show your most recent financial transactions. If the 1year SOA will reflect these transactions on a consistent basis till your month of submission, why not!
Just make sure it shows stability of the income all through as well as sufficient balance for your study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Great job with the free flow of information guys, been a passive follower, wanna become active now tho.
Anybody here also expecting news from Uni. of Manitoba on March 15 as regards funding??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bdcity2: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Holabisi:
. Thank you, I didn't get the message on my mail, what do you mean by colored copies of waec result

@holabisi
i sent the school my transcript and my waec result.
i made colored photocopies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Oyemat123(m): 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Folaroyal:

I am in doubt that CIC will issue you a study permit for a program billed to commence in September 2017 and only to end by March 2018!!

Make it clear by saying your visa came out late for an intended winter program and you deferred till September.

In the case where you have a new offer letter for same school and same course.. You will present the new letter if asked and then extend your permit as required when you enter Canada.
Regards

Yes that's the case, I am sorry for not making it clear. It was meant to be for January 2017 but I had to defer till September 2017.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by platypelloid: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
Early this morning, I got UBC Admission not successful in one of the two courses applied for.

This UBC sef Na bad school oh!
On top of my strong profile!!
I've been weak since'!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
platypelloid:
Early this morning, I got UBC Admission not successful in one of the two courses applied for.

I've been weak since'!!
sorry bro/sis,I virtually understand your moody feeling...

@Soul....i responded to your PM now as i switched on my PC and got connected to the net
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Halarby: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
platypelloid:

I've been weak since'!!
Heeyaah! Sorry. I hope you applied to other schs
On a side note, if you do not mind, can you state your profile and the two programs and courses you applied to at UBC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Eraytee:

I think the moniker should be prepared to pay the tuition fees as it applies to the bold at anytime if such surfaced for him or her. Ur inflow plays a lot more than your balance. No VO can see beyond d last date on ur SOA. They know u can submit a fat balance today and withdraw tomorrow. Inflow and outflow over time is what matter most. @MichV can bear witness to the guy that got TRV in Just 20days with 1k bal in his account. U can go back to the beginning part of this part 12 to confirm it. There is no harm if u withdraw after printing ur SOA...100% certain of this. but one should be prepared to pay tuition fees incase the bold applies.
I can bear you witness but on the contrary that the referenced topic of discussion of that moniker had the N1K balance in his personal and he is not sponsoring himself.on that note withdrawing from one's account after you have submitted your visa application is allowed.what the VOs investigate during assessment is the '' authenticity of the account figures and the statement itself by further inquiring from your bank the actual closing balance as of the day printed,stamped and signed.In as much as closing balance in an account statement is determinant to cover the stipulated expenses by the CIC,outflow and inflow also go a long way to portray that substantial funds would be readily available and accessible to you at any given time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jofreddy7: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello,

I am new in the house and will need you guys support.

I will be 30yrs by July, i just applied to herzing college montreal for a 2yrs Micro-computers and networking systems training staring june 18th. I finished my bsc. in health science with 2:2 and have been working as a telecomm engineer for over 5 years now and have professional certificates/trainings too.

What do you guys think. Will i be able to get an admission and visa with all stated?
Some agents told me age will be a problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello house...... got alot of help here for my application but unfortunately it was delayed due to financial reasons.. all I paid was the mandatory acceptance fee of $2k CAD. Had a nyc sponsor's SOA as well... still awaiting my GCMS note but I wud like to confirm some issues.

1. I applied through paper route and linked my application online .. if I want to reapply using the online platform do I still go through my previously created Gckey login and reapply from there or I hav to recreate another

2. For the funds available section do I split the total fee by half nd put it dere (since dey concerned about a yr's funds)or do I have to put the full tuition for 2yrs(which i did in my previous app)as written on my admission letter??

I intend paying my first semester fee which is half of full tuition, get a co-sponsor and have dem transfer at least a total of 10kUSD to my account... would that suffice to prove sufficient funds available
HOUSE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
jofreddy7:
Hello,

I am new in the house and will need you guys support.

I will be 30yrs by July, i just applied to herzing college montreal for a 2yrs Micro-computers and networking systems staring june 18th. I finished my bsc. in health science with 2:2 and have been working as a telecomm engineer for over 5 years now and have professional certificates/trainings too.

What do you guys think. Will i be able to get an admission and visa with all stated?
Some agents told me age will be a problem.
I can see career progression. your program in that college is a PGD(C) or a Diploma program? admission grant is certain but can you substantiate enough claims by means of SOP to convince the Visa-Officer during visa application of why pgd(c)/diploma at the stage in your career? why you await admission decision, start thinking,composing and working professionally on your STATEMENT OF PURPOSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
Phew!!!
Been following this thread since 9. Just finally caught up.
Great Job being done here.
I just applied to Seneca College. Financial Planning (PGD)
Economics B.sc, second class lower.

How soon should i expect a response?

Anyone whos at/planning on going to Seneca?
The final Goal is an M.sc in economics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.