Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,361 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877580 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Congrats.Please can i ask the course ?
Biochemistry and Molecular biology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
platypelloid:
Early this morning, I got UBC Admission not successful in one of the two courses applied for.

This UBC sef Na bad school oh!
On top of my strong profile!!
I've been weak since'!!

Apologies...hope u applied to other schs.

Did u finish with A first class?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dokkitaa(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
freeradical:

Biochemistry and Molecular biology

Which school is that...... free radical?
I have a Masters degree in Biochemistry(Toxicology) option and been trying to pursue a PhD in Biochemistry but all the supervisors are tight. I guess with my grade (although I don't have strong 2/1 at BSc and my Msc is 71%, I don't mind going for another Masters by research.... Won't this affect me in getting a study permit as I have a Masters degree before

What program MSc or PhD are you going for.

Can you please link me to the school and department peradventure I may opt for molecular biology as the prof of Toxicology that ask me to apply at usask later told me that there is no space...... Well I don't understand the meaning of that.....

I need your assistance please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
andre99:
Happy new month guys, pls what is the current exchange rate CAD to NGN.

It varies with banks. GTB is about 250/CAD last week and FCMB went for as high as 314/CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mylightcome: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
hello gurus in d house please I need your assistant to help evaluate my statement of purpose......... @Michv please sent me your email so dat I mail it to you and if anyone can help me in house I will be very grateful dis is my whatapp no 08077310277 and email anthosahon@gmail. com
I have been delayed four times dis is my last chance and I am doing all by myself no more agent they are thieves

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Eraytee:

I think the moniker should be prepared to pay the tuition fees as it applies to the bold at anytime if such surfaced for him or her. Ur inflow plays alot more than your balance. No VO can see beyond d last date on ur SOA. They know u can submit a fat balance today and withdraw tomorrow. Inflow and outflow over time is what matter most. @MichV can bear witness to the guy that got TRV in Just 20days with 1k bal in his account. U can go back to the beginning part of this part 12 to confirm it. There is no harm if u withdraw after printing ur SOA...100% certain of this. but one should be prepared to pay tuition fees incase the bold applies.
Inasmuch as there may have been a few candidates granted TRVs with very low sponsor bank balances, it is absolutely not recommended to apply for a TRV with a total balance of less than one's tuition + $10k. CIC's website explicitly states this.

I'm afraid that your statement that the inflow is more important than the balance on the account is contradicted by CIC's instructions, and will lead more people to be denied for insufficient funds. It is exceedingly rare to be approved with a liquid funds balance less than the recommended annual tuition + annual living expenses.

While the inflow may give the VO an idea of the sponsor's solvency, a high inflow is not always necessary particularly because every candidate's context is different. All the VO needs to know is that the sponsor can afford the applicant's annual expenses, and this needs to be demonstrated by two things: the total liquid funds balance (bank account + brokerage statement + other liquid funds) and the sponsor's source of income or employment documents.

This inflow-is-more-importance-than-your-balance assertion is misleading and will cause more candidates on here to get denied on insufficient funds.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
mylightcome:
hello gurus in d house please I need your assistant to help evaluate my statement of purpose......... @Michv please sent me your email so dat I mail it to you and if anyone can help me in house I will be very grateful dis is my whatapp no 08077310277 and email anthosahon@gmail. com
I have been delayed four times dis is my last chance and I am doing all by myself no more agent they are thieves

Pls before you reapply....ensure to get your gcms notes to know the VO's thought about your previous applications. Visa refusal on 4 different occasions is something to be alarmed about!

Best wishes as you pursue your study permit the for the 5th time !

Please highlight your profile so that experts on here can proffer practical solutions to your trv hiccups/snag.

Send me your sop for review....I hope you're the type that loves constructive criticism/feedback cos if you really want to make any head way in your pursuit, you must be open minded.

Regards!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mylightcome: 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
yemdogg:

Pls before you reapply....ensure to get your gcms notes to know the VO's thought about your previous applications. Visa refusal on 4 different occasions is something to be alarmed about!

Best wishes as you pursue your study permit the for the 5th time !

Please highlight your profile so that experts on here can proffer practical solutions to your trv hiccups/snag.

Send me your sop for review....I hope you're the type that loves constructive criticism/feedback cos if you really want to make any head way in your pursuit, you must be open minded.

Regards!
okay thanks for your quick respond I will upload my sop tommorow and I have applied for gcms file and I am expecting it dis month ending it is 40day 15days has already done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
mylightcome:
okay thanks for your quick respond I will upload my sop tommorow and I have applied for gcms file and I am expecting it dis month ending it is 40day 15days has already done

Pls do not upload your sop on here...rather Pm me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
Wolecypher:
Good afternoon house. Pls I need ur help am currently applying online for student visa in canada and while filling the form am yet to see where I will include police certificate . Pls at which point will I include the police certificate . Thanks

If you are applying from within Canada you don't need a police certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by edababa007(m): 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
Congrats @deckonne..

How much did qlife charge for the medical examination?

deckonne:
Hey guys, I've been following the threads on canada study permit and the information here had been helpful saved me 300k from the hands of agents who know nothing.

I submitted my student visa application on 3 feb 2017, got approval mail from CIC on 23 feb, 2017 for may semester lambton college (Embedded systems engineering design). It's a two year course, i didn't get the two years. I was given a year and 3 months from start of semester because of passport validity. I learnt about the study permit not exceeding validity of the passport way after i had prepared all my documents with the passport number, i was running out of time i had to take the risk since it can be extended.

(Paper route)
I did upfront medicals at qlife
Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
birth certificates of family members
Sponsor's Account statement showing 12m
Mother's pension documents 6m
Father's Shares documents 100k
Sworn affidavit from sponsor
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor addressed to VO
Mother's birth certificate
Document to prove sponsor is my father
Study leave application & approval letters
Professional reference letter addressed to VO
Employment letter
Account statement showing paid salaries (balance is 1k)
Parents' marriage certificate and documents showing father is next of kin to deceased wife
Landed property documents worth 30m
Letter of reference from father's employer
Father's work ID card
Mother's death certificate
1st semester fees receipt
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Documents of previous education & professional certifications (B.Eng Elect/Elect)
Prayers.

I'd say put yourself in the VO's shoes and give yourself everything you need to prove that you have enough funds, and you are coming back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Marvelous3:
Hello house...... got alot of help here for my application but unfortunately it was delayed due to financial reasons.. all I paid was the mandatory acceptance fee of $2k CAD. Had a nyc sponsor's SOA as well... still awaiting my GCMS note but I wud like to confirm some issues.

1. I applied through paper route and linked my application online .. if I want to reapply using the online platform do I still go through my previously created Gckey login and reapply from there or I hav to recreate another

2. For the funds available section do I split the total fee by half nd put it dere (since dey concerned about a yr's funds)or do I have to put the full tuition for 2yrs(which i did in my previous app)as written on my admission letter??

I intend paying my first semester fee which is half of full tuition, get a co-sponsor and have dem transfer at least a total of 10kUSD to my account... would that suffice to prove sufficient funds available
HOUSE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
1.You don't have to create a new account. The one you have can be used to apply again online. This will be your CIC account for all application involving canadian immigration. If you at any point lose details of the account and decide to create a new one, your previous application(s) will be linked to it from the system.(except with different details than the one you previously used)

2. Input your tuition fees as written on your admission letter in the tuition section of the app form and not as funds available. Funds available will be the total money you have claimed to be available for your studies.(tuition +living expenses). If the money in your account is in naira, do your conversion well. (you may want to use oanda.com for that)

Paying the part tuition and having a co- sponsor transfer the funds to you is a good idea but you must also consider the duration of your program.
So available funds must cover your tuition as written on your offer letter plus living expenses for atleast 1 year. CIC will also check if you/sponsor can raise the equivalent if your program is more than a year.
You should however have the co-sponsor do an affidavit of sponsorship and write a letter stating why he/she decided to sponsor you. If you can also prove a relationship, perfect!

Ultimately, wait for the gcms file. It will be more revealing and you can better tackle raised concerns by the VO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Evening gurus,pleas on the issue of SOA,is there any salary range ur sponsor must have!what if ur sponsor salary is like 200k a month,with closing balance of 6m and proofs of landed properties ,and d sponsor has worked up to twenty yrs,im asking becaues that is exactly my condition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Snappyfingaz:

Except it is a criminal investigation or you gave the bank your consent for them to release your financial information they can not release any info to CIC. I remember wanting to pay hostel accommodation fee for my cousin way back in naija... I remembered the account name but didn't have the number at hand. I went to the customer service for them to help me verify the correct account number attached to that name, they refused, saying its against protocol.
this is a different case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mylightcome: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
yemdogg:

Pls do not upload your sop on here...rather Pm me.
send me your email so that I can forward it to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eastcoast1: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good evening guys, please is there anyone who as been pardoned for misrepresentation in his/her application? It's urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
Austinpee4:

1.You don't have to create a new account. The one you have can be used to apply again online. This will be your CIC account for all application involving canadian immigration. If you at any point lose details of the account and decide to create a new one, your previous application(s) will be linked to it from the system.(except with different details than the one you previously used)

2. Input your tuition fees as written on your admission letter in the tuition section of the app form and not as funds available. Funds available will be the total money you have claimed to be available for your studies.(tuition +living expenses). If the money in your account is in naira, do your conversion well. (you may want to use oanda.com for that)

Paying the part tuition and having a co- sponsor transfer the funds to you is a good idea but you must also consider the duration of your program.
So available funds must cover your tuition as written on your offer letter plus living expenses for atleast 1 year. CIC will also check if you/sponsor can raise the equivalent if your program is more than a year.
You should however have the co-sponsor do an affidavit of sponsorship and write a letter stating why he/she decided to sponsor you. If you can also prove a relationship, perfect!

Ultimately, wait for the gcms file. It will be more revealing and you can better tackle raised concerns by the VO.

@Austinpee thanks bro for the insight ... I didn't show proof of relationship with my sponsor... we are related but getting a proof is sumwat difficult cause we 2nd cousins...how do u feel I could go around that to convince the VO of his intent ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
michV:
this is a different case

Still under same "financial information". If they can not release account number why divulge its content?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ziggarrr: 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Snappyfingaz:

Still under same "financial information". If they can not release account number why divulge its content?
Bro, I'm coming to Regina o. Anything I need to know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
dokkitaa:

Which school is that...... free radical?
I have a Masters degree in Biochemistry(Toxicology) option and been trying to pursue a PhD in Biochemistry but all the supervisors are tight. I guess with my grade (although I don't have strong 2/1 at BSc and my Msc is 71%, I don't mind going for another Masters by research.... Won't this affect me in getting a study permit as I have a Masters degree before

What program MSc or PhD are you going for.

Can you please link me to the school and department peradventure I may opt for molecular biology as the prof of Toxicology that ask me to apply at usask later told me that there is no space...... Well I don't understand the meaning of that.....

I need your assistance please.

Well, I'm only just an admission seeker but have followed this thread for a while. When u get to d visa application stage a PhD will sell better than another msc but that doesn't mean u can't get your TRV with a well packaged application for masters, good sop where u clearly explain to the visa officer why u r going for another masters and not a PhD.
For mine, I started out by googling schools in Canada that offer masters with funding (thesis) in biochemistry (which is my undergraduate course). I came up with McGill, UBC and Toronto. Applied to all three in December and I've started getting feedback from the grad coordinators except Toronto. It's been so difficult securing a positive feedback from supervisors. I dunno if they have prejudice against we Africans. Don't want to dwell on that anyway. I'm still shooting out mails. It's tough work because I have to tailor each mail to suit each faculty member based on their research area. I'm interested in oncology, gene expression and cell biology in that order.

So my advice is just take Ur time and do research online. The schools I applied to I later got to know from guys in this forum that my chances r slim as the competition there is very stiff. So u may want to look for schools at the middle of the ranking cos they might be easier. Write the faculty members of these schools first as you r a PhD applicant. Write a compelling mail to them and share your past works, papers that are related to their field and wait for their feedback. You can always apply when you have secured a supervisor.

All the best fellow eminent!

PS.... UBC doesn't offer biochemistry alone but combine it with Molecular biology. Some schools too are like that. So don't let it put u off its still very much d same as both field are quite interrelated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
michV:
brother i never said my ***** did so because *****,, is not of the unit..bro i don't want to make argument with a lawyer who would always quote contradicting legal claims to affirm statements.
there's nothing contradictory in his argument. Well articulated with sufficient reference to relevant statutes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Eastcoast1:
Good evening guys, please is there anyone who as been pardoned for misrepresentation in his/her application? It's urgent.
Why is that urgent?... Yes people have been pardoned but what we preach is 'Desist' from such acts.
I am currently in doubt that CIC pardon will continue to flow.... since the issue of misrepresentation has become the order of the day!!
I wanted to send a message before i saw your post...... I had received 3 PMs on misrepresentation from last friday till yesterday alone..
I have chosen to ignore such messages because i really do not understand what this sudden desperation is about!!
Guys please be careful!
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
yemdogg:

I never spew contradictory legal claims,...I state the law as it is. Bro I directed you to where you can find my position. The laws and statutes. Pls download it and digest for educational sake. It's free ! grin
you are quoting law and i am relating mine with the how the system is.If we keep quoting law in every systemic process, i don't know how activities in any every organizational affairs would have been? you can continue as i am not interested in reading any referral
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
michV:
you are quoting law and i am relating mine with the how the system is.If we keeping quoting law in every systemic process, i don't know how activities in any every organizational affairs would have been? you can continue as i am not interested in reading any referral

Lol bros. You don vex pata pata !

Okay now ! It's all good ! grin

My brother my brother....oya go and sleep !

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.