Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881644 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2017
mccindy:

Hello fam, i applied for study permit on 21st September 2016 through paper route . I sent numerous emails to virtually all the email addresses associated with CIC.
So I just recieved this today.
N/B:I never got any MSG from them(Accra)

Thank you for your correspondence of January 15, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for a study permit.  We apologize for the delay in responding.
We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying.  We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way.  However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.
Our record confirm that immigration officials at the Canadian visa office in Accra have recently been in contact with you requesting a valid letter of acceptance (LOA) from the intended educational institution.  Eligibility, criminality and medical assessments are complete.  Once the requested LOA has been received and reviewed, officials will be in a position to make a final decision on your application. 
While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Please has this happened to anybody before and unfortunately I tried differing my admission around January but my school said I could no more differ my admission, they said I have to reapply again

Reply CIC that no new Letter of Acceptance was requested from you by the Canadian Visa Office Accra. That I deemed it necessary to inform you on the need to consolidate the matter and provide a succinct explanation to my intended university in Canada on the above subject matter for consideration on new Letter of Acceptance issuance.

I hope this will help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 9:24am On Mar 02, 2017
Customary marriage can only be proven by witnesses and pictures at the time of the marriage ...There was no statutory documents signed by both parties...u need notin more to prove that you are separated except through the same means as it was constituted,for instance when the dowry is returned...u can as well seek that the court dissolves the marriage in some circumstance ,but in this case,since you didn't seek redress from the court initially ,I don't see any reason why u need a divorce certificate .U can only swear an affidavit to that effect...but ur expunged spouse shld be willing to sign.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2017
If I have to swear an afidivit to that effect what will be the name of the affidivit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2017
feguson123:
If I have to swear an afidivit to that effect what will be the name of the affidivit
You want to proof dissolution of your customary law marriage ,so it should read ur intention ...or better still when you go to the court u ask those people working with the computers there .And my advice is dat for future purpose,u shld go to a Customary court to officially dissolve ur marriage as most cases held on the issue are favoring the fact that a valid customary law marriage must be dissolved by the court .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2017
Please can someone tell me, if the fee paid during visa and biometric application is a single transaction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 10:54am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello House,

Please i need a clarification as to the mistake which has been the order of the day. It has kept me in a confused state in which made me to seek your assistance in clarifying this issue.

I applied for a visa lottery in 2013 to Canada through Jonathan King Ltd in 2013, I did not submit anything then only my passport number was written on the form. I did not do any biometrics nor submit my docs like certificates, police report etc. and in fact, have never applied through the online application nor the paper route before. Therefore, in answering the question on if a visa have been refused before, then what should i put (YES/NO). Although, it was a provincial lottery then.

Thanks. You response will be appreciated as not to make *mistakes*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 11:07am On Mar 02, 2017
You response should be no because u never submitted any form of application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwamalik(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2017
Helloooooo everyone. Pls if u have submitted via paper route, ensure to go through ur application to see if u have not misrepresented any of d info on the study permit application form cos they just refused my study permit cos I did not disclose that usa refused me before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 11:30am On Mar 02, 2017
FOR MUN APPLICANTS

This was what i got from my supervisor yesterday.

Hi,

The Graduate Coordinator and Committee has just this morning made applicant files available to the rest of the department for their comments. This is somewhat later than usual and the delay is due almost entirely to a flood of applications that have recently arrived due to numerous foreign students choosing Canada rather than the US to pursue their studies.

Apparently the Grad Committee will be meeting early next week to review those comments and the files so applicants should be hearing from the committee shortly thereafter.

Sincerely,

EXPECT REPLIES SOON!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello House,

Please i need a clarification as to the mistake which has been the order of the day. It has kept me in a confused state in which made me to seek your assistance in clarifying this issue.

I applied for a visa lottery in 2013 to Canada through Jonathan King Ltd in 2013, I did not submit anything then only my passport number was written on the form. I did not do any biometrics nor submit my docs like certificates, police report etc. and in fact, have never applied through the online application nor the paper route before. Therefore, in answering the question on if a visa have been refused before, then what should i put (YES/NO). Although, it was a provincial lottery then.

sir,you already have an answer to ur question.If you don not have a UCI number in Canada and only did a lottery that u where not invited to apply and you never did apply to Canada embassy ,then d answer to that question is a clear and sound NO without misrepresentation .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2017
oluwamalik:
Helloooooo everyone. Pls if u have submitted via paper route, ensure to go through ur application to see if u have not misrepresented any of d info on the study permit application form cos they just refused my study permit cos I did not disclose that usa refused me before
Am so sorry for your delay,but it has always been stated here of past people that have been refused in that ground .You should never have made that kind of oversight .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Paulweasley:
Good morning house. Please someone should help me with the link to message the embassy at Accra. My application is 2 weeks past processing time and nothing from the embassy. Please help me with the link.

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 12:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!! Please I want to be sure if there is a benchmark for the monthly salary for ur sponsor!can someone who has 200k monthly salary who as workd for 20yrs wit clossing balance of 6m and deeds of two landed property sponsor me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
dokkitaa:

Thank you brother.
I saw at McGill that GRE is part of their requirements, did you also write the GRE to apply there or you just gave it a shot without the exam?
I appreciate your kind reply
Yes I wrote GRE around July last year for US admission. Scores weren't so great for US but I guess it was OK for them. Score Q155 V150 writing 4.0. My GRE was also required by both UBC and Toronto though it's a program specific requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sleekysoft(m): 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
FOR MUN APPLICANTS

Hi,

The Graduate Coordinator and Committee has just this morning made applicant files available to the rest of the department for their comments. This is somewhat later than usual and the delay is due almost entirely to a flood of applications that have recently arrived due to numerous foreign students choosing Canada rather than the US to pursue their studies.

Apparently the Grad Committee will be meeting early next week to review those comments and the files so applicants should be hearing from the committee shortly thereafter.

Sincerely,

EXPECT REPLIES SOON!

How can I reach you privately??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Maxicon(m): 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
@Folaroyal please are you willing to review my completed SOP and personal letter and possibly critic

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello House,

Your answer should be No, Visa Lottery is a diff tin entirely
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february,MEDICAL PASSED 2,March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february

@henrinco Abeg update your TRV List bro. Please to all silent reader and contributors, please endeavor to post your history and documents here so Gurus can help out and other people can learn from your records.
God will surely open doors for all of us this YEAR 2017.....amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by guzzst: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good day all,

I finally picked my passport today and d reason I wasn't given is (your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of :your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment or. Your future prospects and plans. 2 you have not. Satisfied me that u would leave Canada at the end of your stay. purpose of visit. You guys should let me know what to do next,i want to reapply and respond to this concerns. remember my initial post where I said I studies economics and graduated 2004 and since then I have been working in diff banks. Please how should my response look like cos I really want to studdy supply chain mgt but can't do masters direct cos I had a 2.2 in my undergraduate. I expect u guys to start advising me on whether to do upfront medicals,online application,cos I know fit give them my passport for such a long time again o...assist. A brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Byjerstyk: 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
@Wealth360,
GOOD AFTERNOON PROGRESSIVE NAIRALANDERS
Please I'm a novice and also a new comer but, as the aforementioned titlte is, i volunteered my self to read through comments and post on this great forum, but i doubt if that i knows there is a thread like this i would have done my Bsc in Canada but still God knows how he do his things miraculously but while strolling through all comment and post, mostly the comments and advice are meant for those that have gotten one certificate or the other, I'm yet to see an advice or document to be computed for a prospective University students.
But that's bye the way,
I only have one question and another enquiry i wants to make. The first is;
1. I finished my Bsc some months ago and my certificate is yet to be out and even my transcript my institution isn't encouraging in giving it out until your result is ready, and have commenced an online registration with McGill and UBC my question is, PLS IS IT ADVICEABLE TO START ANOTHER FRESH BSC PROGRAM IN EITHER THOSE SCHOOL(IN WHICH THAT'S WHAT I WANT and IF THERE WON'T BE A REPERCUSION FOR IT) OR IS MORE ADVICEABLE TO WAIT FOR MY SCHOOL AS TOUHCHES TO MY RESULTS.
And my Enquiry is,
PLS IF I'M THROUGH WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED UNIVERSITY REGISTERATION AND I WAS GIVEN AN ADMISSION WHAT OTHER DOCUMENT DID I NEED AS A YOUNG STUDENTS THAT HAVE NO JOB AND BASE SOLELY ON PARENTS.
THANKS.
And I would really appreciate harnessing Advice from any experienced persons on this platform.
I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
guzzst:
Good day all,

I finally picked my passport today and d reason I wasn't given is (your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of :your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment or. Your future prospects and plans. 2 you have not. Satisfied me that u would leave Canada at the end of your stay. purpose of visit. You guys should let me know what to do next,i want to reapply and respond to this concerns. remember my initial post where I said I studies economics and graduated 2004 and since then I have been working in diff banks. Please how should my response look like cos I really want to studdy supply chain mgt but can't do masters direct cos I had a 2.2 in my undergraduate. I expect u guys to start advising me on whether to do upfront medicals,online application,cos I know fit give them my passport for such a long time again o...assist. A brother

Apply for GCMS and know the main reason behind your refusal. and again post your profile and documents submitted here so that Main Men go help you go through and provide more advice to you.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good evening all.... please I was asked to submit my passport today and am in abuja. Where can I submit my passport in abuja and what will I submit with it. Asap response please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jejelaye01:
Good evening all.... please I was asked to submit my passport today and am in abuja. Where can I submit my passport in abuja and what will I submit with it. Asap response please.
If CIC asked you to submit your passport, go with the request attachment from your CIC account and your passport to the canadian visa application center AKA VFS located at silverbird galleria(central area shoprite building ).Their office is on the second floor of the building.
Congrats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Byjerstyk: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Byjerstyk:
@Wealth360,
GOOD AFTERNOON PROGRESSIVE NAIRALANDERS
Please I'm a novice and also a new comer but, as the aforementioned titlte is, i volunteered my self to read through comments and post on this great forum, but i doubt if that i knows there is a thread like this i would have done my Bsc in Canada but still God knows how he do his things miraculously but while strolling through all comment and post, mostly the comments and advice are meant for those that have gotten one certificate or the other, I'm yet to see an advice or document to be computed for a prospective University students.
But that's bye the way,
I only have one question and another enquiry i wants to make. The first is;
1. I finished my Bsc some months ago and my certificate is yet to be out and even my transcript my institution isn't encouraging in giving it out until your result is ready, and have commenced an online registration with McGill and UBC my question is, PLS IS IT ADVICEABLE TO START ANOTHER FRESH BSC PROGRAM IN EITHER THOSE SCHOOL(IN WHICH THAT'S WHAT I WANT and IF THERE WON'T BE A REPERCUSION FOR IT) OR IS MORE ADVICEABLE TO WAIT FOR MY SCHOOL AS TOUHCHES TO MY RESULTS.
And my Enquiry is,
PLS IF I'M THROUGH WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED UNIVERSITY REGISTERATION AND I WAS GIVEN AN ADMISSION WHAT OTHER DOCUMENT DID I NEED AS A YOUNG STUDENTS THAT HAVE NO JOB AND BASE SOLELY ON PARENTS.
THANKS.
And I would really appreciate harnessing Advice from any experienced persons on this platform.
I appreciate.

Pls can anyone help with a response Abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sekinatmi(f): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
FOR MUN APPLICANTS

Hi,

Sincerely,

EXPECT REPLIES SOON!
Please what course did you apply for? I applied for Msc statistics and I haven't got any response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

If CIC asked you to submit your passport, go with the request attachment from your CIC account and your passport to the canadian visa application center AKA VFS located at silverbird galleria(central area shoprite building ).Their office is on the second floor of the building.
Congrats.

Thanks alot for the response. Yes I was asked to submit my passport by CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
Byjerstyk:

Pls can anyone help with a response Abeg.
If you can convience a visa officer why you are going for another undergraduate degree just after finishing one, you could well be on your way to canada. Firstly, gain admission for your desired program first.

On the other hand, i personally feel you should wait and get your results and also see if you can go for a higher degree instead.It's up to you all the same.
The canadian study process will test your patience so you may start now by exercising that as you begin to make the best decision moving forward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Thanks alot for the response. Yes I was asked to submit my passport by CIC.
Ok..Congratulation. Please make sure you do well by sharing your profile, documents submitted and all you did when you applied so it can be helpful to others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CarpricornPratt: 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello House,

Please i need a clarification as to the mistake which has been the order of the day. It has kept me ...

I applied for a visa lottery in 2013 to Canada through Jonathan King Ltd in 2013

Canada doesn't do Visa Lottery, so the one you've presumed to have done is most likely not a legit scheme. So it is safe to say in your application that you have not been refused a Canadian Visa. If you however have been refused a US visa, please say 'Yes'.. If there's a part for you to state the reason why, please give a reason why you feel you were refused a Visa. it can range from nervousness during your interview to not being financially buoyant as at the time of applying, reasons are surplus for you to be honest in your application... Honesty is the best policy...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Mikymiko:

Reply CIC that no new Letter of Acceptance was requested from you by the Canadian Visa Office Accra. That I deemed it necessary to inform you on the need to consolidate the matter and provide a succinct explanation to my intended university in Canada on the above subject matter for consideration on new Letter of Acceptance issuance.

I hope this will help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Byjerstyk: 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

If you can convience a visa officer why you are going for another undergraduate degree just after finishing one, you could well be on your way to canada. Firstly, gain admission for your desired program first.

On the other hand, i personally feel you should wait and get your results and also see if you can go for a higher degree instead.It's up to you all the same.
The canadian study process will test your patience so you may start now by exercising that as you begin to make the best decision moving forward.

Ok thanks for the advice, i would like if i can have your WhatsApp contact and
DID YOU KNOW ANY CENTRE IN LAGOS I CAN COMMENCE MY IELT OR ANY PROFESION COURSE THAT MIGHT BE NEEDED PENDING THE TIME MY RESULTS WOULD BE OUT.
THANKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.