Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881687 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Eastcoast1:
Good evening guys, please is there anyone who as been pardoned for misrepresentation in his/her application? It's urgent.
why don't the person just pray first before explaining himself to the VO and positively wait,he might as well be the first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello fam, i applied for study permit on 21st September 2016 through paper route . I sent numerous emails to virtually all the email addresses associated with CIC.
So I just recieved this today.
N/B:I never got any MSG from them(Accra)

Thank you for your correspondence of January 15, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for a study permit.  We apologize for the delay in responding.
We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying.  We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way.  However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.
Our record confirm that immigration officials at the Canadian visa office in Accra have recently been in contact with you requesting a valid letter of acceptance (LOA) from the intended educational institution.  Eligibility, criminality and medical assessments are complete.  Once the requested LOA has been received and reviewed, officials will be in a position to make a final decision on your application. 
While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Please has this happened to anybody before and unfortunately I tried differing my admission around January but my school said I could no more differ my admission, they said I have to reapply again

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwamalik(m): 12:03am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello everyone. Pls if u have submitted via paper route, ensure to go through ur application to see if u have not misrepresented any of d info on the study permit application form cos they just refused my study permit cos I did not disclose that usa refused me before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:17am On Mar 02, 2017
mccindy:

Hello fam, i applied for study permit on 21st September 2016 through paper route . I sent numerous emails to virtually all the email addresses associated with CIC.

Thank you for your correspondence of January 15, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for a study permit.  We apologize for the delay in responding.
We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying.  We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way.  However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.
Our record confirm that immigration officials at the Canadian visa office in Accra have recently been in contact with you requesting a valid letter of acceptance (LOA) from the intended educational institution.  Eligibility, criminality and medical assessments are complete.  Once the requested LOA has been received and reviewed, officials will be in a position to make a final decision on your application. 
While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Please has this happened to anybody before and unfortunately I tried differing my admission around January but my school said I could no more differ my admission, they said I have to reapply again

the message is clear ur victory is close to u, all u gat to do is to contact ur school for a new letter of acceptance . success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:21am On Mar 02, 2017
oluwamalik:
Hello everyone. Pls if u have submitted via paper route, ensure to go through ur application to see if u have not misrepresented any of d info on the study permit application form cos they just refused my study permit cos I did not disclose that usa refused me before

sorry abt dat bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ganiyuadeoye: 12:43am On Mar 02, 2017
Congratulations again.... Whc of the department?

freeradical:
Where are all the admission seekers....UBC just have me feedback that I have been offered conditional admission by the graduate unit of my program but I have to reach out to the faculty members and associate members to secure a supervisor.

I'm sitting on two admission now from both McGill and UBC but securing this supervisor has been my nemesis.

God your will be done!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justwise(m): 7:30am On Mar 02, 2017
Eraytee:

I think the moniker should be prepared to pay the tuition fees as it applies to the bold at anytime if such surfaced for him or her. Ur inflow plays alot more than your balance. No VO can see beyond d last date on ur SOA. They know u can submit a fat balance today and withdraw tomorrow. Inflow and outflow over time is what matter most. @MichV can bear witness to the guy that got TRV in Just 20days with 1k bal in his account. U can go back to the beginning part of this part 12 to confirm it. There is no harm if u withdraw after printing ur SOA...100% certain of this. but one should be prepared to pay tuition fees incase the bold applies.

This is misleading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2017
michV:
Good morning..valid points I made in my 1st post of which you brought doubtful claims on are,verification of SOA and the Figures even if is the opening balance,details of few transactions and closing balance and of which I further stated that as one has printed,got it stamped and signed and present it for Visa application,that the content of the SOA at that period has become accessible to the VO of which any suspicion raised or need to inquire,that the VO can legitimately get that Information from the Bank in question of which you came and countered and further deviating from a fact I stated. if you want debate,pick on another moniker but I only know I am just the perfect one you would want to go with to excite yourself.I strongly end this sh**.well done..I am off for the day.

Good morning bro !

No need to take this personal. This is just a mere debate which should be encouraged. we learn from each other on a daily basis.

We cannot all agree on the same point/position, it's what makes us intelligent beings. The ability to think and form our own opinion distinct from others.

Buh i get your point !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2017
Eraytee:

A copy of the SOA u claimed to be true is sent to the branch where u got ur SOA for verification. So if its fraudulent the bank will give their take on what u presented.

This is exactly what i am saying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justwise(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2017
@All

My apologies for hiding a lot of posts arguing about Whether the embassy has the right to verify bank statement.

This sort of discussion will not happen here.

Be honest with your application and stop looking for a way to cheat the system

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:10am On Mar 02, 2017
Marvelous3:

@Austinpee thanks bro for the insight ... I didn't show proof of relationship with my sponsor... we are related but getting a proof is sumwat difficult cause we 2nd cousins...how do u feel I could go around that to convince the VO of his intent ..
If both of you bear same surname, you can add your birth certificates, his/hers..If non exist, don't forget to add an affidavit of sponsorship and a letter stating why he/she is sponsoring you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Paulweasley: 8:26am On Mar 02, 2017
Good morning house. Please someone should help me with the link to message the embassy at Accra. My application is 2 weeks past processing time and nothing from the embassy. Please help me with the link.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 8:43am On Mar 02, 2017
freeradical:

Well, I'm only just an admission seeker but have followed this thread for a while. When u get to d visa application stage a PhD will sell better than another msc but that doesn't mean u can't get your TRV with a well packaged application for masters, good sop where u clearly explain to the visa officer why u r going for another masters and not a PhD.
For mine, I started out by googling schools in Canada that offer masters with funding (thesis) in biochemistry (which is my undergraduate course). I came up with McGill, UBC and Toronto. Applied to all three in December and I've started getting feedback from the grad coordinators except Toronto. It's been so difficult securing a positive feedback from supervisors. I dunno if they have prejudice against we Africans. Don't want to dwell on that anyway. I'm still shooting out mails. It's tough work because I have to tailor each mail to suit each faculty member based on their research area. I'm interested in oncology, gene expression and cell biology in that order.

So my advice is just take Ur time and do research online. The schools I applied to I later got to know from guys in this forum that my chances r slim as the competition there is very stiff. So u may want to look for schools at the middle of the ranking cos they might be easier. Write the faculty members of these schools first as you r a PhD applicant. Write a compelling mail to them and share your past works, papers that are related to their field and wait for their feedback. You can always apply when you have secured a supervisor.

All the best fellow eminent!

PS.... UBC doesn't offer biochemistry alone but combine it with Molecular biology. Some schools too are like that. So don't let it put u off its still very much d same as both field are quite interrelated.

Good one sir/ma, bt I tink with his profile, it might be a little difficult for him to get a PHD admission, 71% is a bit low, for PHD placement most sch use as high as 85-95%
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:
Congratulations again.... Whc of the department?

I've answered dis question before. Biochemistry and molecular biology. Your congratulations may be coming too early as the admission isn't secure yet. Still much work to be done. The conditional admission will only come after I secure d supervisor which is proving so difficult.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2017
justwise:

This is misleading.

what u quoted was not what happened, am not saying any1 should apply for trv with zero balance, different folks with different strokes, all applicants case is different. for example if I pay my full tuition for a year, my case is different from som1 that paid just $200CAD deposit, the way a VO would evaluate our SOA is definitely going to be different. paying a yr tuition has lifted a lot of burden on ur SOA compared to som1 that has not paid anyth. so in context of the moniker he paid a semester and showed a good source of income from the sponsor, his not sponsoring himself. so i think u should go back to d root before concluding. cox in the context of the moniker wt 1k balance, his case is different so no one is saying go ahead and apply with zero balance. am off this ish.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2017
Helloooooo ladies/gentlemen..i earlier applied to USA last year and was denied and den I was customarily married but now we are seperated by our customs,do I need a divorce certificate since I'm applying to canada for study permit..or I just need to fill it in the form that I was earlier married or must I get a divorce cert? Urgent please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 8:53am On Mar 02, 2017
dokkitaa:

Which school is that...... free radical?
I have a Masters degree in Biochemistry(Toxicology) option and been trying to pursue a PhD in Biochemistry but all the supervisors are tight. I guess with my grade (although I don't have strong 2/1 at BSc and my Msc is 71%, I don't mind going for another Masters by research.... Won't this affect me in getting a study permit as I have a Masters degree before

What program MSc or PhD are you going for.

Can you please link me to the school and department peradventure I may opt for molecular biology as the prof of Toxicology that ask me to apply at usask later told me that there is no space...... Well I don't understand the meaning of that.....

I need your assistance please.

This is my opinion on this.....

1. Although PHD will make ur travel easier, bt if u will get ur travel by God's grace wit Msc

2. PHD positions are competitive in most schs and their requirements are most times higher than 80%, even if u manage to get a supervisor, u might stil b rejected..

3. Msc sud be ur best option and since u dont v a strong 2.1, u might need to be looking at some schs dt are not very competitive to guarantee ur admission. TBH from wat v seen both on dis thread, in gradcafe and pple personal testimony, ur chances of getting PHD position with 71% without several good publications, is very slim.

4. However, I believe in divine intervention, bt ensure u check d minimum CGPA requirements of each school before applying...

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 9:02am On Mar 02, 2017
mccindy:

Hmmmmm,ur case is so sad...but unfortunately ,unless and until u get another letter of acceptance in ur school or another school,u can not be considered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dokkitaa(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2017
freeradical:

Well, I'm only just an admission seeker but have followed this thread for a while. When u get to d visa application stage a PhD will sell better than another msc but that doesn't mean u can't get your TRV with a well packaged application for masters, good sop where u clearly explain to the visa officer why u r going for another masters and not a PhD.
For mine, I started out by googling schools in Canada that offer masters with funding (thesis) in biochemistry (which is my undergraduate course). I came up with McGill, UBC and Toronto. Applied to all three in December and I've started getting feedback from the grad coordinators except Toronto. It's been so difficult securing a positive feedback from supervisors. I dunno if they have prejudice against we Africans. Don't want to dwell on that anyway. I'm still shooting out mails. It's tough work because I have to tailor each mail to suit each faculty member based on their research area. I'm interested in oncology, gene expression and cell biology in that order.

So my advice is just take Ur time and do research online. The schools I applied to I later got to know from guys in this forum that my chances r slim as the competition there is very stiff. So u may want to look for schools at the middle of the ranking cos they might be easier. Write the faculty members of these schools first as you r a PhD applicant. Write a compelling mail to them and share your past works, papers that are related to their field and wait for their feedback. You can always apply when you have secured a supervisor.

All the best fellow eminent!

PS.... UBC doesn't offer biochemistry alone but combine it with Molecular biology. Some schools too are like that. So don't let it put u off its still very much d same as both field are quite interrelated.

Thank you brother.
I saw at McGill that GRE is part of their requirements, did you also write the GRE to apply there or you just gave it a shot without the exam?
I appreciate your kind reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2017
feguson123:
Helloooooo ladies/gentlemen..i earlier applied to USA last year and was denied and den I was customarily married but now we are seperated by our customs,do I need a divorce certificate since I'm applying to canada for study permit..or I just need to fill it in the form that I was earlier married or must I get a divorce cert? Urgent please
Customary marriage can only be proven by witnesses and pictures at the time of the marriage ...There was no statutory documents signed by both parties...u need notin more to prove that you are separated except through the same means as it was constituted,for instance when the dowry is returned...u can as well seek that the court dissolves the marriage in some circumstance ,but in this case,since you didn't seek redress from the court initially ,I don't see any reason why u need a divorce certificate .U can only swear an affidavit to that effect...but ur ex spouse shld be willing to sign.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dokkitaa(m): 9:16am On Mar 02, 2017
elimsme:

This is my opinion on this.....

1. Although PHD will make ur travel easier, bt if u will get ur travel by God's grace wit Msc

2. PHD positions are competitive in most schs and their requirements are most times higher than 80%, even if u manage to get a supervisor, u might stil b rejected..

3. Msc sud be ur best option and since u dont v a strong 2.1, u might need to be looking at some schs dt are not very competitive to guarantee ur admission. TBH from wat v seen both on dis thread, in gradcafe and pple personal testimony, ur chances of getting PHD position with 71% without several good publications, is very slim.

4. However, I believe in divine intervention, bt ensure u check d minimum CGPA requirements of each school before applying...

Best of luck

Thank you @ elimsme
You are a kind brother. I had noted it as I am beginning to dwell more on the masters without relenting on the PhD application too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 9:17am On Mar 02, 2017
elimsme:

Good one sir/ma, bt I tink with his profile, it might be a little difficult for him to get a PHD admission, 71% is a bit low, for PHD placement most sch use as high as 85-95%
I think he should check Lakehead University ,but he will not be funded ...he could get a chance in though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.