Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879757 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:41pm On May 20, 2017
emeify:

Very helpful, thanks. Once concern though, the child has not been accepted to any school yet, so what does she put in the
question of 'if you have been accepted in a designated institution and name of institution' and thats a compulsory
question o. Any ideas?
These questions are applicable if the child is going to study. The form you are filling may not be the one for an accompanying minor or the visit visa form. Check and fill the appropraite form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:47pm On May 20, 2017
vanod:
Good morning all,

Please house my offer letter said room and board $11,000. is this different from CIC mandatory $10,000

Pls i need answers
$CAD 10,000 covers your living expenses for a year which includes room and board. Since you have 11k on your offer letter, fill it as written on the letter. It still covers your living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 6:16pm On May 20, 2017
wealth360:
@Ejaloni how far?
I dey bro mi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ALAYORMII: 6:43pm On May 20, 2017
Gurus in the house

How can I tackle refusal based on these??

1. Travel history

2. Current employment situation

3. Purpose of visit

Ur help will be greatly appreciated

MichV

Justwise

Austinpee4

Maziude

Etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 7:24pm On May 20, 2017
Austinpee4:

$CAD 10,000 covers your living expenses for a year which includes room and board. Since you have 11k on your offer letter, fill it as written on the letter. It still covers your living expenses.

Thanks Austin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by baeAF: 7:35pm On May 20, 2017
hi...i am interested..

Aflafla:
Hello House! Please anyone going to lakehead university for fall 2017? Let's talk pls (accommodation & all) female preferably.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:40pm On May 20, 2017
ALAYORMII:
Gurus in the house

How can I tackle refusal based on these??

1. Travel history

2. Current employment situation

3. Purpose of visit

Ur help will be greatly appreciated

MichV

Justwise

Austinpee4

Maziude

Etc
Give more details of your profile.. Your academic background, work experience ,intended program and it's level.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adedrizzy(m): 7:42pm On May 20, 2017
Hello House,
I was just wondering if its necessary to add my parent's birth cert and all after i have added my sponsor's birt cert and his other credentials.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by opendurs: 8:13pm On May 20, 2017
Hello house, for someone who just got promoted this month (work with a bank n annual income increased by more than 2million), can the promotion letter serve as home tie along with family and properties (inheritance)?
Can it also help resolve purpose of visit? Going for a master in finance program.

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ALAYORMII: 8:52pm On May 20, 2017
Austinpee4:

Give more details of your profile.. Your academic background, work experience ,intended program and it's level.

Academic Background: BSc. Public Administration (2011)

Work Experience: Business after graduation but got employed recently

Intended Program: Tourism and Hospitality Management

Course Level: PGD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 20, 2017
opendurs:
Hello house, for someone who just got promoted this month (work with a bank n annual income increased by more than 2million), can the promotion letter serve as home tie along with family and properties (inheritance)?
Can it also help resolve purpose of visit? Going for a master in finance program.

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thanks
good home tie though..let him/her state that after the course of study he/she has ample opportunity of attaining managerial role in the bank and many more bound to it. I think this would serve as the prospect of the intended program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 20, 2017
ALAYORMII:

does you business activities have any similarity to your intended program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2017
ALAYORMII:

You didnt talk about your recent employment and business in your sop. Hence why u were refused based on employment. Secondly, your bsc is way different from your intended program and you didnt even specify your job function in your recent job. As such, there is no correlation with your activity and intended program. Hence, purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ALAYORMII: 9:07pm On May 20, 2017
michV:
does you business activities have any similarity to your intended program?

I was into buying and selling then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ALAYORMII: 9:14pm On May 20, 2017
Judgepelumi:

You didnt talk about your recent employment and business in your sop. Hence why u were refused based on employment. Secondly, your bsc is way different from your intended program and you didnt even specify your job function in your recent job. As such, there is no correlation with your activity and intended program. Hence, purpose of visit

Yes, I didn't talk about the employment because it's a commission based job and about the correlation between my activity and intended program, tourism and hospitality has always been something I have interest in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2017
paybak:
So please guys.. What program can one with HND try to run in Canada.. Though wishing for masters buh is Canada education system same as Nigeria? Like would such person have to go for Post Graduate first and can she do that in Canada? I hope you can understand my message.. Don't know how else to relay it.. That's the best i can, don't know much in the education stuff.

Canadian schools doesn't give master's admission to HND graduates. The highest you can possible get is Pre-master's. You can go for post graduate diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ALAYORMII: 9:19pm On May 20, 2017
What can I do now as solution cos I want to reapply latest early next month cos the school is to resume September

MichV

Justwise

Maziude

Austinpee4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 20, 2017
ALAYORMII:
What can I do now as solution cos I want to reapply latest early next month cos the school is to resume September

MichV

Justwise

Maziude

Austinpee4
my advice is don't re-apply b/c you would get same rejection again. i see no correlation in all your fields to even talk of SOP finishing work. even SOP no go fit finish work for this kind matter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 10:13pm On May 20, 2017
Please house, Can one pay tuition fees via this route to schools from Nigeria Banks

Western Union’s Global Pay for Students.

pls help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 10:15pm On May 20, 2017
Good day house, what should be the major content in a reference letter from the bank with this latest innovation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:16pm On May 20, 2017
vanod:
Please house, Can one pay tuition fees via this route to schools from Nigeria Banks

Western Union’s Global Pay for Students.

pls help out
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 10:18pm On May 20, 2017
Austinpee4:

Yes

Thank you Austin,

Please how do i go about it, won't they say is a third party payment with Form A

Pls help with suggestion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Hello Friends,
Pls how do i fill this shown below

Cost of my study will be
E.g
Tuition = 12k, Room & Board =5k, Other....... Funds available for my stay......

Please someone shud help me answer this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 10:50pm On May 20, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Please someone shud help me answer this

the sum of room&board and other should be at least 10,000 cad...

Funds available should at least be the sum of tuition, room&board and other exp.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 11:07pm On May 20, 2017
@Maziude,

Can you please mail me. It's crucial. emmaudofia2003@gmail.com.

2ndly,
Please, are we to fill form IMM 5832 E? If yes, there's a box that requests for File Number, ....please wat will the file number possible be.

Anyone who has filed a paper route submission should assist a brother by sending a dm mail to my email.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jar: 11:13pm On May 20, 2017
Hello guys,great work.i am a registerd nurse,also have a Bsc in biochemistry....i want to apply for masters in d department of immunology and infectious disease University of manitoba.
Please what are my chances of securing TRV and please can i have the link to Securing a Supervisor plz.tnkx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:17pm On May 20, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:21pm On May 20, 2017
vanod:

Thank you Austin,

Please how do i go about it, won't they say is a third party payment with Form A

Pls help with suggestion
You first need to establish that your school contracted western union global solution/pay to receive international currency transfer on their behalf. If they do, the process is straight forward, you only need to go to their website(western union), navigate to their student services, fill your all appropraite details, input the amount of your tuition and it will give you a print out of the dollar equivalent. Take the print out to your bank and they will use it to transfer the funds to your student account.

They bank won't restrict such because your school name and your details will be on the print out you will take to them. It's still a direct transfer to the school even though a third party is involved. So worry less. The banks are used to it already.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 11:28pm On May 20, 2017
oluwaCanny:

the sum of room&board and other should be at least 10,000 cad...
Funds available should at least be the sum of tuition, room&board and other exp.
No other in my admission letter Or u mean de addition of de amount stated for other expenses like books, food etc.

What will i fill in other and is fund available for my study an addition of all de stated expenses or just my own available money for living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Roboma: 12:36am On May 21, 2017
Hello everyone, i recently joined this group and I have been following the contributions made by everyone in the group quietly.
I got admission for a masters program in mount saint vincent university, for September 2017. I applied for my study permit on the 2nd of May 2017 . I have paid my full tuition and also deposited for my accomodation. My dad is my sponsor with an account statement of 5.1 and some other supporting documents.
My worry is that in 2013 i was denied a UK student visa based on the following reasons (a) that my school is based on affordability not on quality (b) that I said i was going to be staying with my grand pa but I don't know the street he lives on(c) that my course of study has no relationship with my previous course of study (d) that I said at my return I would join the family business but was uncertain on what the because was , in my application I indicated all these , but I am scared that I may be judged based on the following point highlighted above I am so scared.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 1:19am On May 21, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

No other in my admission letter Or u mean de addition of de amount stated for other expenses like books, food etc.

What will i fill in other and is fund available for my study an addition of all de stated expenses or just my own available money for living expenses.

Sorry to say this but you are even confusing me. Did your school state any amount for tuition, room&board etc in ur loa/sch invoice?
If yes, please fill as stated.
If no, check the boxes, those that do not highlight in red are not compulsory to be filled.(room & board, others, please confirm with your form)
Hence, fill tuition and funds available

Funds available =tuition+ room&board + books+ health insurance +(any other amts stated in ur loa/sch invoice + miscellaneous

Note room&board,/living expenses has a minimum of 10,000cad.
Miscellaneous can be extra 3,000/4000cad.

When u add all, d amount should be equal to or even less than what your sponsor(s) declared for you ie if d total is 23000cad, sponsor declared ds or even 26000cad
So funds available = what your sponsor declared which is reflected in his soa, which should not be the entire money in his account, and which should comfortably cover all foreseeable expenses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.