Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879705 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 1:34am On May 21, 2017
Roboma:
Hello everyone,
I got admission for a masters program in mount saint vincent university, for September 2017. I applied for my study permit on the 2nd of May 2017 . I have paid my full tuition and also deposited for my accomodation. My dad is my sponsor with an account statement of 5.1 and some other supporting documents.
My worry is that in 2013 i was denied a UK student visa.
!
Did you state the visa denial in you present application?
If yes, rest your head and spend time praying for favor instead of wasting your energy on being scared.
If no, sorry!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:16am On May 21, 2017
Emmane:
@Maziude,

Can you please mail me. It's crucial. emmaudofia2003@gmail.com.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:22am On May 21, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Please someone shud help me answer this

Aside from your fees, students are to show an amount of 10,000 for expenses up to a year. That is the summary from cic website.
In your case, 12k tuition, 5k (room and board as it appeared on your offer letter, put the balance 5k as the "others".

Gurus, am I correct?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vikmeek: 3:31am On May 21, 2017
Good Day Guys.

I'v been following up on all comments and reply, I have really gained a lot. My case is I am still waiting for my admission offer from the Universities I applied to for an M.Eng (U of Ottawa and U of Alberta). 2017 fall

For U of Alberta I submitted on the 15th of Dec '16 but my app was complete around 26th of Jan cos of delay from my referree . Does University of Alberta take this long in giving offers.

I applied for Elect Elect M.Eng, My cgpa is 4.06, I have 1yr work experience in Telecomms which is my area of interest.

I'm beginning to get worried cos time is running out having in mind the big one which is Visa application. I can only hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dotter8: 4:01am On May 21, 2017
Hello house. I applied late dec 2016 for masters of Architecture in carleton uni and i havent recieved an application feedback since then. Has anybody gotten a feedback from the school?. How long should i wait for. Courses starts by September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 4:14am On May 21, 2017
dotter8:
Hello house. I applied late dec 2016 for masters of Architecture in carleton uni and i havent recieved an application feedback since then. Has anybody gotten a feedback from the school?. How long should i wait for. Courses starts by September.

You should call Carleton. It is way beyond their response time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 4:16am On May 21, 2017
vikmeek:
Good Day Guys.

I'v been following up on all comments and reply, I have really gained a lot. My case is I am still waiting for my admission offer from the Universities I applied to for an M.Eng (U of Ottawa and U of Alberta). 2017 fall

For U of Alberta I submitted on the 15th of Dec '16 but my app was complete around 26th of Jan cos of delay from my referree . Does University of Alberta take this long in giving offers.

I applied for Elect Elect M.Eng, My cgpa is 4.06, I have 1yr work experience in Telecomms which is my area of interest.

I'm beginning to get worried cos time is running out having in mind the big one which is Visa application. I can only hope for the best.

For uottawa, call the engineering faculty admission's office. Ask to speak with Ms Bento, she will give you the up to date info about your application. She is quite helpful.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 4:52am On May 21, 2017
Roboma:
Hello everyone, i recently joined this group and I have been following the contributions made by everyone in the group quietly.
I got admission for a masters program in mount saint vincent university, for September 2017. I applied for my study permit on the 2nd of May 2017 . I have paid my full tuition and also deposited for my accomodation. My dad is my sponsor with an account statement of 5.1 and some other supporting documents.
My worry is that in 2013 i was denied a UK student visa based on the following reasons (a) that my school is based on affordability not on quality (b) that I said i was going to be staying with my grand pa but I don't know the street he lives on(c) that my course of study has no relationship with my previous course of study (d) that I said at my return I would join the family business but was uncertain on what the because was , in my application I indicated all these , but I am scared that I may be judged based on the following point highlighted above I am so scared.

No need to be. While important for you to show that you've been refused visa before from the UK, I know it won't factor negatively into your application Canada. Every application is reviewed on its own merit.

I guess the only time the rejection may be detrimental is if it was on a criminal or fraud related issue....

My view..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 6:32am On May 21, 2017
Hi, can a current student in New Brunswick Community College or a graduate in this forum help me with the school fees, I got an admission from the school last month and I received a mail of an increase in there tuition fee. I later got some information on the school website on student government fee, insurance, health and some other fees. Are all these fee summed up to give #8450,which is the new tuition fee or payment for insurance and the likes are separate? Thank you as I awaits an insider response on this matter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 7:23am On May 21, 2017
abdulkabirtobi:
Hi, can a current student in New Brunswick Community College or a graduate in this forum help me with the school fees, I got an admission from the school last month and I received a mail of an increase in there tuition fee. I later got some information on the school website on student government fee, insurance, health and some other fees. Are all these fee summed up to give #8450,which is the new tuition fee or payment for insurance and the likes are separate? Thank you as I awaits an insider response on this matter

Requesting this info on this forum will likely get you no answers. Please do well to contact the school and request the necessary information,..... Happy sunday and God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 7:37am On May 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

You first need to establish that your school contracted western union global solution/pay to receive international currency transfer on their behalf. If they do, the process is straight forward, you only need to go to their website(western union), navigate to their student services, fill your all appropraite details, input the amount of your tuition and it will give you a print out of the dollar equivalent. Take the print out to your bank and they will use it to transfer the funds to your student account.

They bank won't restrict such because your school name and your details will be on the print out you will take to them. It's still a direct transfer to the school even though a third party is involved. So worry less. The banks are used to it already.

Thank you so much.

I have done that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adedrizzy(m): 8:16am On May 21, 2017
Roboma:
Hello everyone, i recently joined this group and I have been following the contributions made by everyone in the group quietly.
My worry is that in 2013 i was denied a UK student visa based on the following reasons (a) that my school is based on affordability not on quality (b) that I said i was going to be staying with my grand pa but I don't know the street he lives on(c) that my course of study has no relationship with my previous course of study (d) that I said at my return I would join the family business but was uncertain on what the because was , in my application I indicated all these , but I am scared that I may be judged based on the following point highlighted above I am so scared.

Well since you have stated all this in your application, you have told the truth and these cant be used against you, so many people have been denied severally in other countries and still gained entry into Canada, so Canada will only base on their own discretion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 9:37am On May 21, 2017
@maziude pls where do I get to read your SOP?

Please is SOP same as loe?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by opendurs: 9:50am On May 21, 2017
Thanks michV

michV:
good home tie though..let him/her state that after the course of study he/she has ample opportunity of attaining managerial role in the bank and many more bound to it. I think this would serve as the prospect of the intended program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by opendurs: 9:56am On May 21, 2017
I need responses. Any addition to michV's response.

@Austinpee4, thesoj, maziude etc. Please help

opendurs:
Hello house, for someone who just got promoted this month (work with a bank n annual income increased by more than 2million), can the promotion letter serve as home tie along with family and properties (inheritance)?
Can it also help resolve purpose of visit? Going for a master in finance program.

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:24am On May 21, 2017
Please how long does tuition remittance using FORM A take? And what is the procedure I'm asking this for clarity purpose
Cc:@austinepee4 @oluwacanny @yemdogg @eraytee @mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 10:37am On May 21, 2017
Normally between 48 hrs and 5 working days
CanadianNurse:
Please how long does tuition remittance using FORM A take? And what is the procedure I'm asking this for clarity purpose
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 10:45am On May 21, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Mine took like a week to get d telex then I finally got the confirmation letter from school the upper week weekend inclusive tho. 10 days *.
B) just get to ur bank with ur offer letter, invoice from school, intl passport, and degree certificate tell them what u intend to do and fill the form as well as write application letter to this effect with ur email inclusive. That's that. The will send d telex to ur email when it's ready, meanwhile u contact ur school for confirmation /receipt while waiting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 11:17am On May 21, 2017
opendurs:

I need responses. Any addition to michV's response.

@Austinpee4, thesoj, maziude etc. Please help

Hello boss,

The response given by @michV , is actually the best explanation. Like he said, the applicant should word it well in her SOP/LOE.

Success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 11:24am On May 21, 2017
westgermany:
@maziude pls where do I get to read your SOP?

Please is SOP same as loe?

Depending on your situation SOP can be LOE. However, for SOP's address is not required but for LOE it is. Also, LOE might be used if you need to explain certain things pertaining to your documents.

The basic thing is, whether you use LOE or SOP, ensure the words explain your intent and purpose of study.

Also, to everyone, do not get carried away by what the SOP/LOE palava but ensure your documents are intact and cohesive. With that you have less grammar to worry about.

It will end in praises for us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 11:54am On May 21, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Depends on the banker. When I used form A previously, it took 2 weeks to get the telex copy while the receipt from the school took another 2 weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glozzy87: 11:54am On May 21, 2017
Please house,I got BA admission with my SSCE 2005 and I have applied for a study permit.What is my chances of approval? I am 30 this May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 12:00pm On May 21, 2017
maziude:

Depending on your situation SOP can be LOE. However, for SOP's address is not required but for LOE it is. Also, LOE might be used if you need to explain certain things pertaining to your documents.

The basic thing is, whether you use LOE or SOP, ensure the words explain your intent and purpose of study.

Also, to everyone, do not get carried away by what the SOP/LOE palava but ensure your documents are intact and cohesive. With that you have less grammar to worry about.

It will end in praises for us all.
Amen thanks bro,pls I need to go tru your SOP as a guide for me as some folks here have rated yours ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glozzy87: 12:07pm On May 21, 2017
House,based on my application at 30,I received email stating that my application has been processed and forwarded to Accra. Please I need to hear from you to know if I stand a chance or withdraw my passport and the tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glozzy87: 12:28pm On May 21, 2017
My application package at 30,I supplied them my:
SSCE,
ICAS Report,
IELTS,
Sponsor's statement worth 25m,
Upfront medical,
Current employer reference letter,
Sponsor reference letter,
My explanation letter,
Hostel reservation and
Flight reservation.
But I'm thinking If its possible to send them my statement,if I will stand a changes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glozzy87: 12:36pm On May 21, 2017
Hello house,is there no comments on my case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 21, 2017
glozzy87:
My application package at 30,I supplied them my:
SSCE,
ICAS Report,
IELTS,
Sponsor's statement worth 25m,
Upfront medical,
Current employer reference letter,
Sponsor reference letter,
My explanation letter,
Hostel reservation and
Flight reservation.
But I'm thinking If its possible to send them my statement,if I will stand a changes.
please be specific I don't understand this your list? what are they for? did you use an agent? what program?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 12:51pm On May 21, 2017
glozzy87:
Hello house,is there no comments on my case?

Bro stop trying to hurry people. Today is Sunday and many are at church.

You submitted upfront medicals and you received a mail that your processed passport has been dispatched

If yes, it's a 50/50 thing, but then, scary, bsc at thirty, that's a hassle to explain..... Just pray and hope for the best.... Hopefully I got all my questions above correctly.

All the best and warmest regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vikmeek: 2:18pm On May 21, 2017
Hello guys

Has anyone who applied to U of A, 2017 Fall gotten an admission offer?

Secondly, I want ask if M.Eng students in U of A can apply for Teaching Asistantship

Gurus kindly help me out. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adedrizzy(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2017
glozzy87:
Please house,I got BA admission with my SSCE 2005 and I have applied for a study permit.What is my chances of approval? I am 30 this May.

Man, you just need to chill and put your trust in God since you have submitted, nobody here can tell whether you will get your TRV or not and just as tysaxmalomo said, getting BA with your age might not speak well in the embassy but still hope in God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifekayodee(m): 6:00pm On May 21, 2017
Hello guys, has any1 here heard from Uni Waterloo or Uni WesternOntario??... I actually applied to both schls since Dec and m yet 2 get a feedback from them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.