Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881870 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MeinKampf: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
Good day house, please what happens in a situation where as at the time you made your application, you were employed and you stated it but during the course of waiting for a decision, you lost your job? Are you supposed to do anything in case the embassy wants to verify your job status?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hmy2015: 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pls house how long does it take to receive invitation for biometrics after submitting the application online? The starting date for my program is Sept 2017 and processing times for Nigeria shows 14 weeks .... does that means i'm late if I apply now? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Markab:
I uploaded those documents online at the Additional Documents upload tab since the documents were requested for online. If it's paper, I would advise you reply to the mail sent to you and include your Application number and UCI in the subject by editing it. That was what I did when they requested me to upload some documents in February before linking the application online.

Thank you

I submitted through paper application but I linked online... They gave me an email to submit the documents I just want to find out how the email will look like..... I guess you went through online route

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by biolar2017: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
olahtunhy:

Please truce01
Please I need assistant on my application.
I was asked to upload a request for medical form.
I dunno know how to go about that.
Please kindly put me through

Do they asked for it during the submission of the forms online or after ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Peaceful004:

It is well Bro/Sis, i ll advise you order for GCMS note. But while at it, try preparing to apply again. But, you ll really need the GCMS note to know the exact reason for the delay.

Thank you. Please how can i get the GCMS stuff and how long does it take.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
chybaz:
Police clearance certificate at Alagbon, the man dey directed me to at the gate said 20,000 I even went as far as telling him 5k, he didn't agree. I just carried my bag jejely and left. . . pls who has submitted that used a clearance certificate?
go back to alagbon and ask of Alhaja, tell the person u were sent to her and she will do it for u from 3k-5k. I don't have her number now if not I would have sent it to u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
I did paper app bro but linked it online. I guess VO's discretion is at play here. Though I was requested to submit some additional documents before linking my application online in February and I was required to submit through mail,
What I did was to copy the subject of the mail CIC sent and added a RE:... to it, I wrote my story and attached the required documents. Ensure you quote your APP NO in the subject to avoid been ignored.

CanadianNurse:

I submitted through paper application but I linked online... They gave me an email to submit the documents I just want to find out how the email will look like..... I guess you went through online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Today makes it 13 Weeks... I have wait tire..any suggestions to how long a brother has to Wait.... sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
amnotapervert:
Today makes it 13 Weeks... I have wait tire..any suggestions to how long a brother has to Wait.... sad
we are not the vo we can only encourage you but no one can tell you how long you have to wait except the vo

So bros pray and be positive

Once ë pass processing time next week start to they fire email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
iamMcVince:
Visa application, tracking ID No.20170331GHANSTU****– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/05/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Please what could this indicate when I have gotten notification to go medical examination...anybody to kindly enlighten me.
. That's not a medical call, Did you do medical upfront?..... If no... I'm sorry bro... You've just been delayed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Haha, nice one @ "Five Eyes"; you read some of my really old posts from two years ago.

dapoddon:
Thanks boss. Me sef go enter one of the Five eye countries grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Peaceful004: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
Thank you. Please how can i get the GCMS stuff and how long does it take.

http://gcmsnow.com. That is the link plus I think that there is someone that helps people out with it here. One more question, when did you graduate and what have you been doing since then ? We can also look at it from there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iseise: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Genius000:
I've arrived Canada safely. Travelled alongside Zigarr.

I wish you all the best.

If you need my assistance just quote my moniker I will respond.

Don't have a number yet so may not be able to help with
Cheers everyone.
Please I need help with GCMS note abelise200@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SamReinvented: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
dapoddon:
Very normal boss. No issue.
thanks bro. And congrats on your trv.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nalizzzy: 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
pls will a pass canada rejection affect my study permit in future. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
biolar2017:

Do they asked for it during the submission of the forms online or after ?
There are two ways to do medicals, either upfront or when cic requests it, I guess the form request you described is for upfront (which should be optional, its makes the visa process faster) but its up to you to decide which one you want to do. Do read up http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
@austinpee4 I have to really thank you for your intelligent and well thought out reply. Your time is appreciate. I had initially thought that writing a SOP would mean me adding some proof of my previous employment (i.e. payslips and such).

However your explanation clarifies a lot. I believe that is the only document pending on my application. I will draft a SOP tonight and I will be glad if you can proof read it.
Kind regards
- mostblackroad

Austinpee4:

Firstly, i'll like to commend you on how you presented your profile. It shows you've been doing well reading previous posts and hence it is easy to help you further. Weldone.

Now to your case, you seem to have been doing something useful with yourself since you left secondary school through your work experience which should give you a good chance. However, i'll advice you also write a good statement of purpose explaining all you've been doing, things you were able to achieve during these periods and things you hope to achieve after completing your intended program.

The idea of the SOP is to further point to the Visa officer that in as much as you were unable to complete your previous undergrad study, you were still very useful, adding value and because of the limitation in your academic achievements, you have taken the bold step to see that you get your degree and a very competitive one hence your choice of going to canada to study.

Use your work experience in the south african company to your advantage. That you were able to work in diversity, learned different work concept with international standards and you need a internationally recognized degree to be able to meet global challenges in your field of study. You can as well pick an area that you hope to do further research in to bring ease to humanity. Anything as convincing as posssible will make your case more deliberate that situational.

Your travel history is good too but the onus of getting a very good chance will lie on how your have made your purpose of visit precise to officers.

I also believe you have good hometie in your immediate family members being in nigeria.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
nalizzzy:
pls will a pass canada rejection affect my study permit in future. Thank you

It will not, as long you can prove your situation has changed (better) you are good to go. When asked, do not lie about it on your application form, they have records.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Yes this is true. An upfront medical speeds up your visa process from all I have seen, read and heard.

Truce01:

There are two ways to do medicals, either upfront or when cic requests it, I guess the form request you described is for upfront (which should be optional, its makes the visa process faster) but its up to you to decide which one you want to do. Do read up http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Egonne1, thank God I found you. The payment issue has been a headache. Please send me your number, your help will be very much appreciated!

Egonne1:
Hello people. Contact me if u need help with payment for online Visa application, WES payment and any other online payments. I would be glad to assist. Good success to all the hopefuls in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
You mean request for medicals??
Biometrics are done at the VFS centre when you submit your application.

Hmy2015:
Pls house how long does it take to receive invitation for biometrics after submitting the application online? The starting date for my program is Sept 2017 and processing times for Nigeria shows 14 weeks .... does that means i'm late if I apply now? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamMcVince(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
Corrected!

Visa application, tracking ID No.20170331GHANSTU****– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/05/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Please what could this indicate when I have not gotten notification to go medical examination...anybody to kindly enlighten me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
MeinKampf:
Good day house, please what happens in a situation where as at the time you made your application, you were employed and you stated it but during the course of waiting for a decision, you lost your job? Are you supposed to do anything in case the embassy wants to verify your job status?
Hello,
I don't think you need to do any thing, you've probably accounted for all your years from primary school to date which is their greatest concern, you did work with your ex employer for X number of years until recently hence your ex employer should tell them same.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hmy2015: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
mostblackroad:
You mean request for medicals??
Biometrics are done at the VFS centre when you submit your application.

No not medical request .... I mean Biometrics at the VFS centre, If for instance I submitted my application today, will I receive invitation email immediately after submission or it takes some time to get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Peaceful004:

http://gcmsnow.com. That is the link plus I think that there is someone that helps people out with it here. One more question, when did you graduate and what have you been doing since then ? We can also look at it from there.

I graduated nov 2015 and went for service same month which ended oct 2016. Since then, i have been a research assistant to my lecturer in the dept of history voluntarilly and he wrote a letter to this effect. I just clocked 24 after submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
platypelloid:
Hello House
I applied for a school in Canada last week .
I used my GTB master card to pay the said $100 application fee.

I got an alert on my phone from GTB that $100 is processed for transaction.

The money did not get to the school account!!!!!
I can't withdraw the money here in naija.
I complained to the bank they said if nothing happens by Monday that I should contact them

Pls house what can I do?
This is disgusting. The application probably may be closing now Since 5 days ago that I applied.

I need the house advice on this!! Pls

Hello,
I don't know about getting your money back but if a current student refers you, in most schools your admission fee will be waived. Nigerian students usually have school groups on Facebook, You could try that if you want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
iseise:

Please I need help with GCMS note abelise200@yahoo.com
Please i need help with the GCMS note too. timilehinfatoki@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
chybaz:
Police clearance certificate at Alagbon, the man dey directed me to at the gate said 20,000 I even went as far as telling him 5k, he didn't agree. I just carried my bag jejely and left. . . pls who has submitted that used a clearance certificate?

Call this man. Name ASP SAIDU.
0803 650 6000
I did mine 5k. E fit dey first wyne u o.
U too wyne am say na 4k them tell yhu sef.
Atlast e go gree 5k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mabs16: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote]
Sir Austinpee4, pls I need ur assistance urgently but i will like to chat u directly tru whatsapp. My contact is 08184361453 and if u don't mind u can drop ur number in Nairaland pm. I will message u on whatsapp. Thanks in anticipation[/
quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yasmine04: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hi House! Nice one here. I'm a newbie here. I thought I should follow the trend..

Kindly add my profile please:
Applied 11th of may, M.sc computer science, lakehead university. Paper route.

Also, please any aspiring lakehead uni comp sci student here, let's discuss please (female preferably)

It will end in praise AMEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.