Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877626 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
lanrayx:
good day house, i would like to seek your opinions on this, is there a big difference in whether one chooses a thesis or research paper(social sciences field)

Can you please explain what you really mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mrchemist(m): 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
I also have sister with HND SLT ..looking for college admission how possible pls gurus
joejoe3:
I studied accounting in a polytechnic(HND). Please could someone help me with info on a university where I can do PGD in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Egonne1:
Hi, I had responded but didn't know d message didn't go thru. Sorry about that. Once the bank has treated the form A it shd take Max of 48 hours for the school to receive payment. All the best ma
I did my form A in first bank too and it too exactly two weeks for me to get the telex copy with much disturbance on my path o, except u are doing the payment at their headquarters in Lagos then maybe it will take a shorter period of time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ziggarrr: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
nelly28:

I'm not saying or lamenting dat it is not possible ma pls don't get me wrong, but I'm jst saying dere are factors involved, u are tellin d hox dat u 've know stronge factor dat point ur home ties like u 've not travelled b4, like haven't been to 2 or 3 standard countries or dere was no strong home ties like been married or having first and second family bck home, even age somtimes plays a role in addition, u most 've meet up with one of dis factors. back den early 2014 Canada issue study permits to applicants with course mix match with even adding sop to it, or any strong factor, but now d system is changing it isn't as b4.
All these analysis are not necessary, every application is treated differently, u just have to package your story well because nothing is impossible. In my own time my sponsor put a lump sum of money few days before the soa was printed but because I understood the process at the time, I was able to explain it well to the VO. The lady was just trying to encourage people here with her story that anything is possible.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by zenti99(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hi house its been awesome going through the pages of this thread am quite challenged and encouraged by the number of testimonies as well.
I would graduate this year with a second class lower in biochemistry and also my sister in banking and finance would also graduate this year with a first class probably.
Please we need help as regarding universities that offer full scholarships and the procedure as each school has it own modality. And also regarding the timing should i start application now or is it better i wait till service year. Please i need a complete break down and any useful information cos to be honest am a little confused by the process
# pls help a novice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Truce01:

Please be informed that in Canada, they use resume not CV. No need for age, sex, nationality, marital status and stuff like that.

Your advice are great and more will be needed here sir!! https://www.nairaland.com/863690/nigerian-students-canada-how-survive/64

Our senior colleague grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cnwag: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Please let me ask if ur sponsor put a lump sum of money two weeks before application how do u go about it convincing the VO.
Please I need ur response
Ziggarrr:
All these analysis are not necessary, every application is treated differently, u just have to package your story well because nothing is impossible. In my own time my sponsor put a lump sum of money few days before the soa was printed but because I understood the process at the time, I was able to explain it well to the VO. The lady was just trying to encourage people here with her story that anything is possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mumtwins08: 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
Helo everyone . I just submitted my application . I am thinking of fixing the lump sum in my account before the visa is out . Is that a good idea ? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ziggarrr:

bro pls b4 u comment pls alway try to read and understand b4 writing, I neva said it is not possible, go thru my post u will see dat 4 ur self, I ve neva discourage any1 in dis forum, but alway try to encourage to see a success story and not count delays, I'm glad u even use d word PACKAGE wat is packaging is it not part of wat I said earlier ( factors I shortlisted, u 've to make tins add up )dat u call analysis( with no need), but it like u neva care to read and understand my point b4 replyin, wat I was saying is dat in as much as u see people profile u should b awel dat each case is treated differently and has dere various factors in reaching conclusions, I jst point out some point to aid and not to blind fold applications Oga, even d lumping u talking abt common sense is supposed to 've told u, u need to explain in ur LOE or Sop and if been sponsored, ur sponsor is suppose to aline dat in his/her SOL. if u are d VO wat will u tink seeing such moni wen d account histories is showing that the acct has neva been run with such high flow, well oga dats not d point of my reply anyway, dis isn't d only forum I belong to I 've see file and cases, so I'm contributing based on General research experience and personal experience. and 2 d lady inquest I guess she is awel dat I neva said her point is not possible, I jst added based on update and not to void are statement Oga.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Peaceful004: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Idowu3080:

I submitted 21st of April.
Proposed course: MA History with funding 6800cad
Undergraduate degree in History and International Studies.

Idowu, sorry about the delay. It will surely end in praise. But can you share full info because I am surprised due to the fact that you got funding and your UG course is in line with what your proposed MA course.

How much is the school fees?
How much was in the SOA you submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by omoba26: 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Great Minds in the house. Please I submitted my student visa application yesterday. I am yet to receive the Biometrics mail. How long does it takes to have this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello guys,

Just a quick enquiry.

Is Letter of Acceptance different from Offer of Admission Letter?

I asked because they said I cannot pay for fees with "Letter of Acceptance"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Emmane:
Hello guys,

Just a quick enquiry.

Is Letter of Acceptance different from Offer of Admission Letter?

I asked because they said I cannot pay for fees with "Letter of Acceptance"

Truce01 sir, what would you say about this??

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Peaceful004:

Idowu, sorry about the delay. It will surely end in praise. But can you share full info because I am surprised due to the fact that you got funding and your UG course is in line with what your proposed MA course.

How much is the school fees?
How much was in the SOA you submitted?
Thanks. The program fee is 5118 CAD and the sponsors statement of account reads 4 million plus with inflow of 11 million inflow and 7 million out flow over the last 6 months (business account). Sponsor is a relative and he pledge for my living cost (2.8 million) because my funding covered my tuition even with "change". I submitted all necessary docs and even my supervisor sent a letter to the embassy on my behalf stating his present project and how my research work will add to that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yommexe(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
Truce01:

Hello,
I advise you download and explore the Canadian visa guide app to learn all the options available to you first.

I try downloading it but I didn't see it on iOS AppStore , please do u know how I can't get it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chybaz: 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Police clearance certificate at Alagbon, the man dey directed me to at the gate said 20,000 I even went as far as telling him 5k, he didn't agree. I just carried my bag jejely and left. . . pls who has submitted that used a clearance certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Emmane:

Truce01 sir, what would you say about this??

Thanks
Heloo,
Both letters are the same, I'll suggest you ask the school to provide you with their money transfer details/payment options if not already contained in your admission letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
yommexe:

I try downloading it but I didn't see it on iOS AppStore , please do u know how I can't get it ?

Hello,
I had a friend check it now and he found it, do search again or try google play store
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
chybaz:
Police clearance certificate at Alagbon, the man dey directed me to at the gate said 20,000 I even went as far as telling him 5k, he didn't agree. I just carried my bag jejely and left. . . pls who has submitted that used a clearance certificate?
I have read on their site that police clearance is not required for basic student visa, although some people still submit but if u can get still OK. Me I didn't submit hopefully waiting for my testimony. Lol not a guru tho

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
chybaz:

Bro u can ask of Mr Sunday, tell him u were directed by som1 close to him, he is a senior officer dere gv him 4 or 5k he will run it for u, is office is d last office by ur left after d special sqd unit entrance b4 u get to dere second gate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Peaceful004: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Idowu3080:
Thanks. The program fee is 5118 CAD and the sponsors statement of account reads 4 million plus with inflow of 11 million inflow and 7 million out flow over the last 6 months (business account). Sponsor is a relative and he pledge for my living cost (2.8 million) because my funding covered my tuition even with "change". I submitted all necessary docs and even my supervisor sent a letter to the embassy on my behalf stating his present project and how my research work will add to that.

It is well Bro/Sis, i ll advise you order for GCMS note. But while at it, try preparing to apply again. But, you ll really need the GCMS note to know the exact reason for the delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamMcVince(m): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
Visa application, tracking ID No.20170331GHANSTU****– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/05/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Please what could this indicate when I have gotten notification to go medical examination...anybody to kindly enlighten me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yommexe(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
Truce01:

Hello,
I had a friend check it now and he found it, do search again or try google play store

Seen
Thx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
To those that were requested to provide full tuition and proof of fund export @edilanco @markab
Please how did you send the documents to them?

What was the subject of the email
How did you quote your application number
How many documents did you submit
Did you combine all the pdf files into one pdf file?

Please gurus you can as well help @maziude @austinepee4 @nelly28 @yemdogg @eraytee @thesoj
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
I uploaded those documents online at the Additional Documents upload tab since the documents were requested for online. If it's paper, I would advise you reply to the mail sent to you and include your Application number and UCI in the subject by editing it. That was what I did when they requested me to upload some documents in February before linking the application online.

Thank you

CanadianNurse:
To those that were requested to provide full tuition and proof of fund export @edilanco @markab
Please how did you send the documents to them?

What was the subject of the email
How did you quote your application number
How many documents did you submit
Did you combine all the pdf files into one pdf file?

Please gurus you can as well help @maziude @austinepee4 @nelly28 @yemdogg @eraytee @thesoj

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.