Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878087 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 08, 2017
michV:
canadian profs have nonchalant attitude towards responding to mails,i don't know why?

Bro them no get time, they have to prepare slides for each class, they send mails to all students before each class, them dey even type assignment print give each of us for class just to mention a few..
Their own personal research sef they there, I don't blame them cos they are very busy people

Our Nigerian counterparts na how to sell handout them dey always think

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 1:23am On Mar 08, 2017
michV:
canadian profs have nonchalant attitude towards responding to mails,i don't know why?
Not actually their fault most times ...
The attend to many other issues (family, faculty activities, on going Supervision and research, health challenges) ..
And the also receive tons of mails.....

And Generally Canadian Universities have a tasking admission application system, schools in UK, Germany etc requires way less squabbles and emails.....

Even, Canadian visa is very tasking, you're TRV doctor, so you know that already...

The attraction in Canada, is just their favorable immigration policy, ease of communication (English), slightly cheaper tuition, working economy nd modest job market...
Everything from beginning of Masters admission application to TRV approval and travel na die angry

But it's actually worth it.
Immigration to Canada is even increasing much more now, with Donald Trump's uncanny immigration policies in the Yankees, many immigrants who were considering USA, are now heading to Canada..
And Canada is welcoming them... The are very immigration friendly but not to Nigerians wink at such....

During the first executive travel ban by Donald Trump, Canadian Government and immigration agencies were willing to accept the affected persons who had a valid American visa as at the time of the ban, the even instructed Schools to accept this people nd place them in their relevant departments..
The were ready to release tones of Dollars for their settlement and assistance....

JustinTrudeau himself was spearheading all this...
B. McLachlin was in tone with this, even the Senate and house of commons accepted but to an extent nd stipulated conditions...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by esosa4real(m): 2:28am On Mar 08, 2017
feguson123:
Good morning all the gurus in the house.here is my conditions and I need help and corrections.
1.I have been accepted in a diploma in engineering design and drafting technology .and I have a bachelor in mechanical Engineering from naija uni.
2.I work with a private help with salary few digit below 300k.
3.I want my mum who is a nurse with salary 200k and owner of 2 landed property and myself to be d sponsor.

I want to know if the course and d sponsorship can fly?
As I work as project engineer in d place I work.which involves mechanical designs

Boss please my bro studied Mechanical engineering and looking for a Canadian uni! Please which uni gave you admission so I can check it out.

What are their gerneral requirements!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by esosa4real(m): 2:39am On Mar 08, 2017
Where is @osemigho grin I am here oh, from Canadian immigration thread, abeg hellep me.....lol

My people please, I have been researching schools for my little bro who desires to study Masters in a engineering related course. He is currently attempting to apply to German schools for Masters in automation Engineering.

However I desire Canada for him but I don't know if he can get scholarships. He had a First Class in Mechanical Engineering and he is practically inclined.

The problem is that you cannot know/tell if you will be given scholarship by a Canadian school, till you apply but will be grateful if Nairalanders who know the system or have friends who have benefited from scholarship to Canadian university to please help and advice me on these schools so I can thoroughly research, if possible mail them and start applying on his behalf

I hope you guys get me. I need Good schools that has a high guarantee of giving him half or full scholarships. Since we are in march, the earlier he starts the admission process against next year's, the better.
I am outside Nigeria so I can easily support and help him out with admission process (admission cost, visa cost....etc)

God bless you all as you make life changing suggestions! It is well.

Cc: Mcowubaba @michV @nelly28 @aliACCA @yemdogg @folaroyal

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ijeaify: 5:31am On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=Austinpee4 post=54369686]

Well, I don't want to believe it's anything to be concerned about. Actually, when CIC stopped collecting original documents, they mentioned that the photocopies of supporting documents they would start collecting will automatically become the property of CIC and will NOT be returned. I guess this is what is playing out.

So if they choose to return them or not, it's still well within their discretion. Nothing is wrong anywhere.

Tnx bro it makes more sense to me now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 6:08am On Mar 08, 2017
esosa4real:

Boss please my bro studied Mechanical engineering and looking for a Canadian uni! Please which uni gave you admission so I can check it out.

What are their gerneral requirements!!
mine is diploma dt I got admission in,u can see tht from d post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jasondavidz1: 6:10am On Mar 08, 2017
michV:

i think its partly due to the way they view our educational system as third world rated stuff....

my humble thoughts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 6:59am On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=vanod post=54373066][/quote]
If you claim to be working, your pay slip is an important document, if you're into business, evidence of company registration, detailed explanation of your source of income.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 7:11am On Mar 08, 2017
esosa4real:
Where is @osemigho grin I am here oh, from Canadian immigration thread, abeg hellep me.....lol

My people please, I have been researching schools for my little bro who desires to study Masters in a engineering related course. He is currently attempting to apply to German schools for Masters in automation Engineering.

However I desire Canada for him but I don't know if he can get scholarships. He had a First Class in Mechanical Engineering and he is practically inclined.

The problem is that you cannot know/tell if you will be given scholarship by a Canadian school, till you apply but will be grateful if Nairalanders who know the system or have friends who have benefited from scholarship to Canadian university to please help and advice me on these schools so I can thoroughly research, if possible mail them and start applying on his behalf

I hope you guys get me. I need Good schools that has a high guarantee of giving him half or full scholarships. Since we are in march, the earlier he starts the admission process against next year's, the better.
I am outside Nigeria so I can easily support and help him out with admission process (admission cost, visa cost...
With a First class, he stands a very good chance..
Does he also have some level of work experience?

What type of Masters degree is your brother looking at (Research/Thesis based or Taught/course based).

Most schools have scholarships for applicants with a very academic good background but it's also competitive...

Secondly, a Thesis/Research based Masters has more funding/scholarship opportunities than a taught/course based Masters..

Also note that most schools have not started their admission application for fall 2018, the are still admitting for Fall 2017..

Winter 2018 admission application has commenced in most Universities, but most Universities don't have intake for most professional courses for winter, spring or summer admission.....

Ask him what type of Masters he wants to do, then I can suggest a few things to do and Universities to apply to...

Also ask him the Particular Engineering course he would like to do...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2017
bayocanny:

I have two years Diploma in mass communication, having been working with a media outfit for over 2years, I decided to go for UG program in political science, wrote a very detailed SOP. Bro I was denied two consecutive time based on purpose of visit I won't advise you to change your course of study, why not apply for journalism it will make your TRV more easier.

#Mytwocent#

The problem is that I can't go for master, and when I romance Google to see possible programs that are dirrectly linking to political sciencebut I can't even find any directly linking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2017
BRANDYAK:

The problem is that I can't go for master, and when I romance Google to see possible programs that are dirrectly linking to political sciencebut I can't even find any directly linking.
Which cerificate are you holding presently?
Bsc, HND, ND,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=bayocanny post=54360193]
Alright bro, what do you think he can do?[/quote

Just to add out of 36 course I did 8 of them where law courses can I ch
Pick a program like law clark PGD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 11:06am On Mar 08, 2017
[qtuote author=bayocanny post=54380620]
Which cerificate are you holding presently?
Bsc, HND, ND,[/quote]
My social science UG in political science got this 2014
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uzedigo(m): 11:09am On Mar 08, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Not actually their fault most times ...
The attend to many other issues (family, faculty activities, on going Supervision and research, health challenges) ..
And the also receive tons of mails.....
Good day, how do you advice is the best way to go about contacting these supervisors? Cuz I have beeen on their neck for months now and still hoping on some positive feedback, Thanks.

And Generally Canadian Universities have a tasking admission application system, schools in UK, Germany etc requires way less squabbles and emails.....

Even, Canadian visa is very tasking, you're TRV doctor, so you know that already...

The attraction in Canada, is just their favorable immigration policy, ease of communication (English), slightly cheaper tuition, working economy nd modest job market...
Everything from beginning of Masters admission application to TRV approval and travel na die angry

But it's actually worth it.
Immigration to Canada is even increasing much more now, with Donald Trump's uncanny immigration policies in the Yankees, many immigrants who were considering USA, are now heading to Canada..
And Canada is welcoming them... The are very immigration friendly but not to Nigerians wink at such....

During the first executive travel ban by Donald Trump, Canadian Government and immigration agencies were willing to accept the affected persons who had a valid American visa as at the time of the ban, the even instructed Schools to accept this people nd place them in their relevant departments..
The were ready to release tones of Dollars for their settlement and assistance....

JustinTrudeau himself was spearheading all this...
B. McLachlin was in tone with this, even the Senate and house of commons accepted but to an extent nd stipulated conditions...
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2017
BRANDYAK:
[qtuote author=bayocanny post=54380620] Which cerificate are you holding presently? Bsc, HND, ND, My social science UG in political science got this 2014
You have not answer my question. I understand your UG is political science, what is your final G.P HND or Bsc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2017
TO GOD BE THY GLORY. If you know that God's testimonies will never seize here and in your house hold please wherever you are help me praise the LORD. God did it this morning. I checked my CIC account and my heart was like gheghegheghegheghegh because I saw "A final decision has been made" check below. Gurus and everyone I could not scroll down for like 10min on till I gathered courage and behold I saw......Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details...... I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.

Lesson learnt is that,
1. first timer please endeavor to read past thread even when its lengthy try to read am as if you are jacking a course of 6 credit load. I did and it pays off now that I could seek for my admission and TRV myself with the help of God and The wonderful Gurus in the house.

2. After that please be sincere and have faith in God. Never think negative about your application.
3. Loads of Prayers and Fasting. as for me I fast every Tuesdays and pray with my wife everyday because it was on a Tuesday I submitted my TRV application.....Lol.

God is faithful.
Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, TheSoj, Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
Special thanks go to YEMDOGG for vetting my Sop and I just did what you said and submitted once, I didnt even get back to you. Thanks alot and to My very good friend that introduced me to this thread. he is presently in Nova Scotia. God bless you all.

Expect my submitted documents soon.

University of Saskatchewan
Msc Mechanical Eng.
Resuming Sept 1st Fall Term.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladylco: 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
TO GOD BE THY GLORY. If you know that God's testimonies will never seize here and in your house hold please wherever you are help me praise the LORD. God did it this morning. I checked my CIC account and my heart was like gheghegheghegheghegh because I saw "A final decision has been made" check below. Gurus and everyone I could not scroll down for like 10min on till I gathered courage and behold I saw......Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details...... I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.

Lesson learnt is that,
1. first timer please endeavor to read past thread even when its lengthy try to read am as if you are jacking a course of 6 credit load. I did and it pays off now that I could seek for my admission and TRV myself with the help of God and The wonderful Gurus in the house.

2. After that please be sincere and have faith in God. Never think negative about your application.
3. Loads of Prayers and Fasting. as for me I fast every Tuesdays and pray with my wife everyday because it was on a Tuesday I submitted my TRV application.....Lol.

God is faithful.
Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, TheSoj, Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
Special thanks go to YEMDOGG for vetting my Sop and I just did what you said and submitted once, I didnt even get back to you. Thanks alot and to My very good friend that introduced me to this thread. he is presently in Nova Scotia. God bless you all.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by skylar2020(f): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Awwww
congrats. I tap into your testimony

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Boss20: 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Congrat bro,. Will be heading to Usask by September too. I just mailed you, please reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mattezo: 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
skylar2020:

Bro when did you submit your application and what method?

Was it online or Paper? and how many weeks?

Thanks

Awwww
congrats. I tap into your testimony
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mattezo: 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello Bro,

When did you apply and what method? was it paper or online? and how many weeks?

Thanks

wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Metropolitan: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
penitential:
Oga, am beginning to get confuse. What is soft copy and what is hard copy? If you can get the soft copy, why not print it out to make it the hard copy; unless if there's something else meant by that

You can't even see the said soft copy cause it will be sent directly to your school of choice. All you do is submit their email addy and it will be forwarded to them. I need the student copy but my school will never give you, thats the problem!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Metropolitan: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

1.There is always a time duration for an individual application to be completed. You application will be considered complete when you send in all required documentation.If the schools says transcripts first, you should follow the instruction. Wait till it you fulfill that requirement.

2. You should further discuss with your school,they could still give you an unofficial copy.
And yes, transcripts is a requirement for a study permit application as required by the visa office for nigerian applicants.

3.It shouldn't be late. However, CIC encourages applicants to send in their application early incase there are unforseen delays that may occur during the processing.

4.Your major challenge is to substantiate with evidence why you are going for your propose program. Be it little or no experience, What you have been doing in that field prior to your application will determine your chance. Also, If the time you finished your undergrad(in that field or related) till now isn't lengthy, You can as well, convience a VO that the program is right for you.

Like it's often pointing out here, we MUST choose prospective programs that will further add to your current or most recent situation(work experience or study).
Anything other than this will be questionable as a ploy to leave the country and will most definitely lead to a refusal on purpose of visit. Eg. You can't finish Geology in 2009/2010 and have been working in the bank from then till now and then decide to go for a PGD/PGC in geology or related field.

No amount of spoken word, Vocabulary, Heavenly gifted writting skills or good command of the english language SOP will convience a VO that naija never tire you! The refusal reason will just face the visa officer in broad day light. We must always choose rightly!

This is just a case senario and not particularly about your case.

All the best to you.
You killed it bro! it can't be answered better! you understood me totally and gave the best shot. This is what i wanted to hear....weldone and God bless you Bro! Please i will still need you in no distant time. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Metropolitan: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
feguson123:
experience may not count much expect d gap from wen u finish undergraduate and now is preety much,but if ur pgc is inline with ur undergraduate course you are good to go
Thanks, its actually in line with my undergraduate course of study and is even stated as part of the requirements that applicant must be a graduate of business Administration (which i am ) or have 2 years of related work experience. My problem is that the gap between when i finished my degree program and now is pretty wide with totally unrelated work experience. Just hope it will not be an issue with VOs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
Congratulations!!!! God is faithful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

CONGRATS, I tap into this divine speed, its just 36days after ur submission if am correct. God be praised!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

I cannot over emphasize the extent of the internal joy I feel for you right now. This is just the beginning of your multiple success and achievements. May God in his infinite glory be your guild, shield and rear guard.

It is well....my testimony is on its way!

God bless y'all!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Congrats bro.. Go live your Canadian dream.. hopefully we'll meet by de grace of God.. #Amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.