Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,438 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884610 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbsunmonu: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hi guys,

Quick one please . A friend got a mail from CIC to send his new acceptance letter and go for medical

He has done medical before , so he replied to the mail but he got two automated response

one saying ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

the other saying: We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.

Is it something to be worried about ?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hi guys,

Quick one please . A friend got a mail from CIC to send his new acceptance letter and go for medical

He has done medical before , so he replied to the mail but he got two automated response

one saying ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

the other saying: We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.

Is it something to be worried about ?

Thank you.
The latter response you got means your email has reached them and it's being reviewed. Since you responded to their requests, be rest assured they will respond.
It's absolutely nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbsunmonu: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

The latter response you got means your email has reached them and it's being reviewed. Since you responded to their requests, be rest assured they will respond.
It's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
michV:
quick reference of an example of home tie if married is @bold No.11 -13. another for under the category of ''personal assets and finance'' is @bold No.5-8

@MichV..... at a time I was scared that I have no landed properties as personal assets. My wife did not allow me to add car documents. But na God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by losas(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
losas:
please house is there cause for prigarism while writing Sop or Sponsorship letter when u submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
Thanks to everyone. My Profile goes like this.
Submitted on January 31st, Paper routeM.Sc. University of Saskatchewan.Medical Mail 24th February Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March.....Na God.------------------------------------------
Sponsors documents.(My father in-law )
1.  letter of sponsorship
2.  Affidavit of sponsorship: That am his son in-law
3.  Affidavit of Fact: That all his children are married and no one is dependent on him.....I married his last child...Lol
4.  sponsor International passport(The guy get travel history becos his a business man, china,USA, dubai)
6.  sponsors statement of account 6 months 13million closing balance with good inflow and outflow.
7.  Tax clearance
8.  sponsor's landed documents(his foam factory only I didn't bother to collect all his other houses documents)
9.  My mother in-law National ID.

Applicant's document 
1. All cic forms....IMM 5483E, 1294E and  5645E
2. copy of intl passport data page.... NO TRAVEL HISTORY at all.
3. offer letter of admission (Note this: I submitted the two offer letter I have with me, Am suppose to go for Winter 2017, but due to money I deferred and another one was given to me for Fall 2017)
4. statement of purpose......vetted be YEMDOGG and Darery
5. copy of employment letter
 6. confirmation of employment 
7. letter of introduction from employer
8. personal statement of account.....(Note: Salary and personal savings account of 500k and 1.5million respectively
9. payslips.....6 months
10.copy of birth certificate
11.Copy of marriage cert
12. copy of Wife passport data page
13. copy of wife and child's birth certificates
14. Parents and siblings birth certs.
15. Police character certificate
16. copy of transcript, weac cert, degree cert, nysc cert, CV, pension statement of acct of 300k.
My tax clearance, Employee ID card
2 passport photographs and Barcode page of IMM 1294E
17. Certification on Robotics Engineering
18. Reference letter from my church stating am a Father,youth leader and other things I can't remember.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Baba, you sabi!

Mcowubaba:

Most Canadian Universities don't accept below a Second Class upper 2 1 for a Masters program.

But there are very few exceptions, some Universities (University of Alberta, University of Manitoba, University of Saskatchewan, memorial and Newfoundland University etc) accept a Second class lower, PROVIDED THE CGPA OF THE LAST TWO YEARS OF FULL-TIME STUDY is significantly high...

In percentage like over 75%
Or a CGPA of atleast 4.0/5.0 scale in your last two years of study.. I hope you know how to calculate that...

Just get your transcript or if you're very knowledgeable about your grade and units, you can do it.

For example if your course of study was for a duration of 4 years, remove year 1 and year 2, and just calculate your CGPA for year 3 and Year 4..

Also depending on the type of Masters program you're applying for, I'm sure you know about the 2..
(Thesis/Research based and Course/Taught based masters), in a Thesis based Masters, if you can get a Supervisor that is willing to Supervise you or even sponsor your program, my brother, you don hammer wink..

A Supervisor can also recommend you to the admissions unit for admission, despite you not having 'Some' requirements..

But note, getting such a Supervisor is like getting an IMSU/Unilag girlfriend that can spend lots of money on you without complaining or cheating....
Or waiting for your crush to reply your lengthy love message with a good response not "K"
grin

A taught based masters doesn't mostly need a supervisor prior admission, so you are left solely in the hands of the Admissions Unit...
There are many other things about this 2 types of Masters that you will still need to take into account, before you proceed....

Or you can simply apply for a PGD program, in a related course, look for a very related course. Try Niagara College, their admission decision timeline is quite fast..
Or try any other college like Seneca, Fanshawe, Centennial, Langara etc

http://www.niagaracollege.ca/environment-horticulture-studies/programs/geographic-information-systems-geospatial-management/

Also Note that Most deadline for Fall (August/September) 2017 Masters program admission application has passed

Success Sir

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
TO GOD BE THY GLORY. If you know that God's testimonies will never seize here and in your house hold please wherever you are help me praise the LORD. God did it this morning. I checked my CIC account and my heart was like gheghegheghegheghegh because I saw "A final decision has been made" check below. Gurus and everyone I could not scroll down for like 10min on till I gathered courage and behold I saw......Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details...... I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.

Lesson learnt is that,
1. first timer please endeavor to read past thread even when its lengthy try to read am as if you are jacking a course of 6 credit load. I did and it pays off now that I could seek for my admission and TRV myself with the help of God and The wonderful Gurus in the house.

2. After that please be sincere and have faith in God. Never think negative about your application.
3. Loads of Prayers and Fasting. as for me I fast every Tuesdays and pray with my wife everyday because it was on a Tuesday I submitted my TRV application.....Lol.

God is faithful.
Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, TheSoj, Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
Special thanks go to YEMDOGG for vetting my Sop and I just did what you said and submitted once, I didnt even get back to you. Thanks alot and to My very good friend that introduced me to this thread. he is presently in Nova Scotia. God bless you all.

Expect my submitted documents soon.

University of Saskatchewan
Msc Mechanical Eng.
Resuming Sept 1st Fall Term.

Wow...... congrats bro. I super love this..... and it's testimony time in the house. Will be joining u in Sept too (university of regina).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
So I was checking through my cic account yesterday and saw that a final decision has Been made...... only to find out that my application was approved and later today I got my correspondence letter. Its only you God. I'm forever grateful to you my super father and Almighty God.
I Will update my documents soon.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
my TRV was delayed, alleged for misrepresentation, house pls what is the way forward for this my issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hardehbayor112(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
TO GOD BE THY GLORY. If you know that God's testimonies will never seize here and in your house hold please wherever you are help me praise the LORD. God did it this morning. I checked my CIC account and my heart was like gheghegheghegheghegh because I saw "A final decision has been made" check below. Gurus and everyone I could not scroll down for like 10min on till I gathered courage and behold I saw......Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details...... I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.

Lesson learnt is that,
1. first timer please endeavor to read past thread even when its lengthy try to read am as if you are jacking a course of 6 credit load. I did and it pays off now that I could seek for my admission and TRV myself with the help of God and The wonderful Gurus in the house.

2. After that please be sincere and have faith in God. Never think negative about your application.
3. Loads of Prayers and Fasting. as for me I fast every Tuesdays and pray with my wife everyday because it was on a Tuesday I submitted my TRV application.....Lol.

God is faithful.
Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, TheSoj, Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
Special thanks go to YEMDOGG for vetting my Sop and I just did what you said and submitted once, I didnt even get back to you. Thanks alot and to My very good friend that introduced me to this thread. he is presently in Nova Scotia. God bless you all.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Am gonaa give my testimony like this by God grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hardehbayor112(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Jejelaye01:
So I was checking through my cic account yesterday and saw that a final decision has Been made...... only to find out that my application was approved and later today I got my correspondence letter. Its only you God. I'm forever grateful to you my super father and Almighty God.

The God that did yours will definitely do my own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
hardehbayor112:

The God that did yours will definitely do my own

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good evening house! please I need assistance on how to go about paying for my study permit application. I tried to submit and pay but the transaction was denied. Please what do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
Congratulation @wealth360.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Congrats bro!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Congratulation bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Any MUN candidate here. have applied to Mun since September last year and since then have not heard from them. is there anybody in my shoes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
penitential:
Congratulation @wealth360.

@penitential thanks sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
Jejelaye01:

congrats bro, can u please share your profile for future applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good day all @yemmdogg, @folaroyal @osemigo @TRVdoctor @all the gurus in the house.

My first degree was in the biological sciences but my experience till 2009 was mainly
banking and then administration and operations. I then went for an MSc in Project Mgt in 2009
in the UK (course based) - graduated with a distinction in Nov 2010. Then I worked in an oil and Gas project
for 4 years after I came back home to Naija. After the project, I am now in Operations/Administration.

My intended program in Canada is MSc in Environmental sustainability (also applied for resource mgt and environmental science).
I am in the process of drafting my SOP and am looking for means and ways to connect my work experience and MSc
in Project Mgt to my intended course. Ihave some ideas, but will be very glad to get ideas from the house.

I am hugging google for sure but please I really would appreciate the gurus and the rest of the house throwing
some idea and insights my way.

Much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
taiwo92:
Any MUN candidate here. have applied to Mun since September last year and since then have not heard from them. is there anybody in my shoes.

Still waiting for them............
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by stelids007(f): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Congratulations wealth360

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by stelids007(f): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Congratulations jejelaye01. More good news in Jesus's name. My testimony is soon

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Congrats bro, TRV anointing is just flowing, all thanks to God for showers of blessings cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
@poppywasiu
Stop wasted your funds u already ban for 5yrs sorry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by primeson1(m): 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

I may agree with you but your profile and qualification will not likely make a VO see all these academic relationships in your proposed program because you qualify for a master degree in accounting or an MBA and not a diploma. Also the branch and focus u have mentioned will not be explicitly written on the admission letter you will be submitting to CIC. Business administration only will be written on it. Unless you have a very cogent reason for going for this program and can substantiate it in progressive evidence which is not likely owing to your academic and current work experience,your best bet will be a master degree or an MBA.

CIC sometimes know applicants settle for alternative programs because of various reasons and one of their jobs is to make sure at the end, the intended program is profitable to the applicant and will significantly improve his/her current and present situation(academic or work)

Their job also is to make sure applicants are genuine students(This is where everything must add up from your end), have sufficient funds for their study and will return home after their study.

In light of all these, your intended program isn't a good choice for you. You may reconsider it and since you have a 2:1, your chances of getting a master is higher. Work on the funds aspect, if it's not possible to raise enough for now, you can leave it till you are able to gather sufficient funds and consider another entry term/year.

It's for your overall interest and you'll be happier you made the decision at the end.

Wow... Thank you for this. I will be looking out for masters then. Thanks once again.

Na just this money though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ether4: 12:38am On Mar 09, 2017
Hello,someone please help me to analyze my profile.
I am currently an undergraduate(final year) studying naval transport/ engineering,cgpa about 4.3/5. I applied for masters in ocean and naval architectural engineering at mun. Even though I was contacted by a supervisor, I couldn't accept because He only wanted a student urgently for May admission but I'm yet to graduate (July)I . I was really anxious to know about the admission results so I contacted the office and I was told that I wasn't admitted (unofficially though a letter has been mailed to my address)so I don't know the reason yet.so I requested for a transfer to a professional diploma in technology in naval architecture in the same school do you think I stand a chance to get the TRV?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 12:39am On Mar 09, 2017
For all those still seeking research supervisors which is now tantamount to a camel passing through the eye of the needle I wish to share what I received today from one of the potential supervisors I wrote to at McGill. Read the link and adjust your strategy. Let's keep the fire burning people. I'm sure it will end in praise.

http://web.uvic.ca/delaneylab/research/Gradstrategy.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 2:06am On Mar 09, 2017
Congratulations jejelaye01 and Wealth360.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 2:06am On Mar 09, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 2:32am On Mar 09, 2017
freeradical:

http://web.uvic.ca/delaneylab/research/Gradstrategy.html

Many thanks Freeradical, very rich and valuable information for research grad students

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.